Folder List does not display files and folders

Under View, Page is selected with Toggle Pane set to Folder list.  No
folders or files are displayed.  There are files in the default folder
called My Web but I'm not able to see these in Folder List.

Please can you advise?

Thank you in advance.
0
abc
1/31/2010 7:29:50 PM
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site  ?
The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage.

The folder My Documents\My webs is a website.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
> Under View, Page is selected with Toggle Pane set to Folder list.  No
> folders or files are displayed.  There are files in the default folder
> called My Web but I'm not able to see these in Folder List.
>
> Please can you advise?
>
> Thank you in advance.

0
Ronx
1/31/2010 9:08:23 PM
On 31/01/2010 21:08, Ronx wrote:
> Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site  ?
> The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage.
>
> The folder My Documents\My webs is a website.
(I have these questions as this is a new installation).

I thought My Webs is a directory.  I copied to 2 HTML files into it.
I've only ever opened a HTML file and saved it.  The Folder List is
completely blank with no diretory structure displayed.

I don't know how to open a website as I don't have one.

When I right-click in Folder List, New>Folder is greyed out, and when I
selected View>Page and View>Folder List is selected, that these settings
are not 'remembered' when I restart FP.

Please can you advise me?  Thank you for your time.
0
abc
2/1/2010 8:48:25 AM
What you have are two "loose" pages stored in My Webs folder, not a
web/site.

Create a website...File | New ... Site choose what you want...maybe a single
page web, name it what you want under My Webs. This will create the web
folder and other needed files for a web. Then you can Import those two loose
pages into it...or start over again within the web/site.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> On 31/01/2010 21:08, Ronx wrote:
>> Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site  ?
>> The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage.
>>
>> The folder My Documents\My webs is a website.
> (I have these questions as this is a new installation).
>
> I thought My Webs is a directory.  I copied to 2 HTML files into it.
> I've only ever opened a HTML file and saved it.  The Folder List is
> completely blank with no diretory structure displayed.
>
> I don't know how to open a website as I don't have one.
>
> When I right-click in Folder List, New>Folder is greyed out, and when I
> selected View>Page and View>Folder List is selected, that these settings
> are not 'remembered' when I restart FP.
>
> Please can you advise me?  Thank you for your time.

0
Rob
2/1/2010 3:26:59 PM
On 01/02/2010 15:26, Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> What you have are two "loose" pages stored in My Webs folder, not a
> web/site.
>
> Create a website...File | New ... Site choose what you want...maybe a single
> page web, name it what you want under My Webs. This will create the web
> folder and other needed files for a web. Then you can Import those two loose
> pages into it...or start over again within the web/site.

Thanks, I've tried that but getting 'The URL "....\My Webs" is invalid:
a server-relative URL is require'.

Please can you advise... thanks again.
0
abc
2/1/2010 5:45:44 PM
Don't enter the URL as "....\My Webs"
Use the Browse button and browse to that folder/web

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:OJ4TjZ2oKHA.5776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
On 01/02/2010 15:26, Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> What you have are two "loose" pages stored in My Webs folder, not a
> web/site.
>
> Create a website...File | New ... Site choose what you want...maybe a single
> page web, name it what you want under My Webs. This will create the web
> folder and other needed files for a web. Then you can Import those two loose
> pages into it...or start over again within the web/site.

Thanks, I've tried that but getting 'The URL "....\My Webs" is invalid:
a server-relative URL is require'.

Please can you advise... thanks again.

0
Stefan
2/2/2010 9:14:53 AM
On 02/02/2010 09:14, Stefan B Rusynko wrote:
> Don't enter the URL as "....\My Webs"
> Use the Browse button and browse to that folder/web

Thank, just tried and drilled down using 'Browse' button but still it
does not allow me to do anything and I get the same error message.

0
abc
2/2/2010 7:23:25 PM
after My Webs you put the name, like;  \My Webs\websitename   (no extension)

so it may look something like this c:\My Documents\My Webs\webname

the name can be anything it doesn't have to be the name of your online
website

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> On 02/02/2010 09:14, Stefan B Rusynko wrote:
>> Don't enter the URL as "....\My Webs"
>> Use the Browse button and browse to that folder/web
>>
> Thank, just tried and drilled down using 'Browse' button but still it does
> not allow me to do anything and I get the same error message.

0
Rob

Managed Folders
Hi there, Can someone confirm whether I can create sub folders in my Managed Folders? I know the user can create subfolders at the client side, but can I do the same thing at the server end? And will these sub folders have a seperate email address rule to the parent sub folder? I'm using Managed folders to copy data into Sharepoint. Thanks ...

Automating List Price Changes
We run a custom manufacturing business with over 2,000 parts in inventory. Each part is created with one of 10 different types of metals. In addition to the metal, there are costs for labor, natural gas, and overhead. Each part uses a different amount of metal and has a list price associated with it (Cards--> Inventory --> Item) in the Item Maintenance window. I am looking for a method to update list prices of parts based on a change in the underlying metal price, labor rate, overhead, or to increase/decrease profit margin. Changing each part individually is not an option with ove...

List privilege for install, start and stop service on Windows Serv
Hi, Could you help me to find answer for following question please? I need to give rights to one of developers for service installation, starting and stopping. I would like to avoid giving him administrator privileges. Is any way to achieve the goal? This article may help. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782435(WS.10).aspx -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Piotr" wrote: > Hi, > Could you help me ...

How to get the number of hits for each item in a SharePoint List
I know how to get the total amount of hits for a list. Is there a way to get the amount of hits per item/entry in a list? If so, how? Thank you. ------=_NextPart_0001_C3E301ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit You can try this from codeplex, http://hitcounter.codeplex.com/ Harish K ------=_NextPart_0001_C3E301ED Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 You can try this from codeplex, \par \par http://hitcoun...

Public Folders #15
Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in Exchange 2003? I do not believe you can. On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:36:14 -0700, "NIC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in >Exchange 2003? ...

Views on multiple folders
In Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server. Hi, We’re dealing with a medium-high amount of folders in some shared mailboxes. I’d like to create two extra views for my co-workers for each folder. The two views are independent of the folder so i just have to navigate through the folder tree and creating the new views and make it public for the folder. My question is: .. where are really these views stored?? I guess on the server so I'm asking myself about the consequences in tearms of memory or performance of each user modyfing each view eventually on each folder. The serve...

File Attributes
Is there a way to easily take the file name and other file properties such as, "Date Modified", "Created BY", "File Size", "Application", etc. and extract these attributes for all files located in a particular directory in exploring and then have each of these attributes placed in excel in a table format? My Excel add-in "List Files" does that but only provides... File Path, File Name, File Type, File Size and Date Last Modified. It creates a hyperlink for each file name and provides an option to place successive searches all on the same...

Subform to mimick a list box
I am using Access 2003, and I need to conditionally format a list box. I know I cannot do that, so I've created a subform to make look like a list box and have applied conditional formatting to it. I have a checkbox in the subform so that when you click in any of the 3 fields in the subform/list, it will change that checkbox and then apply conditional formatting to all the fields (the conditional format is contingent upon that checkbox being checked or not). The conditional format just makes it "highlight" each field by changing the back and foreground colors. The proble...

Same Folder View for all in Public Folders
How do I set a public folder so that it displays a threaded conversation for all users. I have customize the view to sort by convo, but that just shows for me, not the others? Outlook2000, Exchange 2000 ...

Windows Explorer shuts down when I try to open folder on my desktop
Windows Explorer shuts down and restarts when I attempt to open what I will refer to as my main folder on my desk top. Problem Reports and solutions from first instance. Product Windows Explorer Problem Stopped responding and was closed Date 11/08/2009 4:05 PM Status Report Sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Problem signature Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005 Application Timestamp: 49e01da5 Hang Signature: d14f Hang Type: 0 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0....

Public folder Replication Status not updating.
Since the 18/05/06 I have been having issues with my public folder replication. The changes are being replicated between our servers which are all connected by a central exchange hub. I've followed article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842273 to try to isolate the problem. I have enabled logging on 3 servers including the hub to make sure they messages are being sent\received and they are confirmed as being received by each mail store. Although this is the case for some reason the replication status is not updating and for each server excluding the one that I am connect to via exchang...

Excel Save As getting "folder is read only" error.
I'm getting a "folder is read only" error when trying to use "save as" to save a file. I can use save as from another computer, logged in to the network the same without the error. The machine getting the error can copy and paste files to the folders without error, just happens when using the "save as" from the file menu. Is there someplace to change folder attributes that only office 2003 is using? OK, I've figured this one out myself. When using a Novell server and Office 2003, it would seem that it is necessary to use Novel Client 4.83 sp...

Replacing Inbox folder ?
Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all existing messages to the new one. All other folders, even sub folders of Inbox work normal so that only this one folder needs to be replaced if that can be done. Anyone know how? "Marko" <dkvolb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uuZq3QpkJHA.6060@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I > now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all > ...

Reducing File Size???
I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing but one is double the other. It appears to me that the more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the file. how can I remove this redundant memory space? Cheers Jio, You probably have formatted or otherwise used some rows below or columns to the right of your data. On the bloated workbook, select the sheets individually and press Ctrl + End. If the last row and column is well below where you think it should be, you'll need to delete the empty rows and columns. Check here for an example of how to do this both manua...

Preview Pane
Outlook 2003 Client has MANY folders under In Box All the many folders open with preview pane showing She wants all of them to have preview pane OFF I couldn't find where to shut them off globally - can I shut them off globally or need I do it one by one? thank you. Start Outlook one time with the /nopreviewpane switch. Use F1 help to see how to use command line switches. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching,...

2003
When I look at the draft folder there is no way (I ca find) to get the Reading Pane. Under Views|Reading pane the choices (right/bottom/off) are grayed out. If it right click and select other settings I can pick the right or bottom radio button but when I hit OK it does to change the view. Help. Thanks That's by design. No reading pane in the Drafts folder. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm &quo...

Outlook Express 6 The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets
In Outlook Express 6 I have many Identities setup. I have thousands of e-mails dating back years. The space consumed by all these e-mails is over 2GB Quite a lot of space. I decided to delete a lot of unwanted e-mails and clutter to reduce the amount of space consumed. But to my my surprise instead of solving the issue it made the overall size consumed bigger and not small. It is seems that in Outlook Express 6 the e-mails have gone but in reality the files are still in the Outlook Express 6 folders. Can anybody help me with this. The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders ...

Cannot view public folders from outlook or edit client permissions from ESM
Suddenly today no one could access the public folders. I have rebooted the exchange 2003 server but still no one can connect. I can see the contents using exchange system manager and the contents tab but i cannot access them using outlook. I also get an error msg when trying to edit client permissions. I can also see the public folders using http://enterprise/public but not by logging in usually to OWA and selecting public folders. I have ran eseutil and isinteg, both appeared to have no errors. Users can send and receive email fine and can also email the public folders fine and receive m...

Folder missing in personal folders
Hi I am using outlook 2007 and I have a folder containing emails in the personal folders section. I think by accident I have dragged the folder somewhere! I have looked in deleted items, drafts, inbox, infected items, junk email, outlook, sent items and the folder is not there. Could you please give me advice on how to find it. Thank you Switch to folder list view and browse the list - do you see the missing folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ O...

Sharing Personal folders (.pst) across Windows installations in Outlook2000
Since I have Win98SE, Win 2000 and Win XP all installed I thought I could use Outlook2000 as a common mail client across the systems, but Outlook creates a personal folder file on C:\ in each system where it has been installed, and refuses to close it in favor of my own common personal folder on a common FAT32 partition, so it seems I'll have to install Eudora or some other independent foreign mail software in order to be able to access my mail from all the 3 windows systems, or does anybody here know how to get rid of the default Outlook pst. folders on c:\ in all 3 systems and sw...

Permissions Corruption on a Public Folder
Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003 We're seeing consistent "corruption" of permissions a public folder. The public folder has permission blown wide open (default is "owner"). Everything is fine for a few days, then suddenly no one can add anything. They get: "The item could not save. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permissions..." etc. The folder hasn't been deleted or moved, and permissions haven't been touched -- they're still wide open. I fixed this once by creating a new folder and programatically ...

Linking a Column List to a Row List
I would appreciate any help on this, I'm trying to finish a report i the next hour or so, and I need to know how to do this (sounds prett straight forward): I have a list of Items in a "column", and all I want to do is link tha list to another sheet, but I need the info to be in a "row" on the ne sheet. I don't want to just paste the data, I need it be linked. Ex. A1=Box, A2=Paper, A3=Pen, I need this to show up on the new sheet as B1=Box, C1=Paper, D1=Pen. I know there's a vba option of doing this, but can I do this with a excel formula? Perhaps using offs...

Public Folder access problem
Hi, we're running Outlook 2000 on EXC 2000 Server (both with latest SP's and patches) and we're having the following problem with one of our users: A user has "Publishing Editor" rights on a specific Public Folder. When she tries to access the PF with Outlook, she can't access it, because Outlook says, that she does not have apropriate permission on the folder. When she tries to access the folder with Outlook Web Access, she can access the folder without any problems. When she tries to copy the PF to her Favorites in OL2000, she can access the folder with no problems...

Using onchange method in a pick list
Hi, I have 2 pick lists, the values of the second pick list depend on the selected value of the first pick list. For example, I have countries in the first one and Cities in the second one. I would like to change the values of the second pick list, depending on the country selected. Is it possible to do it? I really apreciate any help!!!! Thank you all in advance. Dear Katy, The following is not possible. The only way to do it is to use ISV Button to perfom Area Sectorization. This would be feasible with moderate programming skills. If you have advanced area sectorizatiom requ...

Alpha Tabs in "Phone List" Can it be turned on?
I'd love to see the same Alpha tabs that are shown in "Address Cards" in the "Phone List" view. Can this be turned on? Pete. no, you can't enable it, but you can press keys to take you to the first contact using that letter in any view. You need in cell editing disabled and how it behaves may depend on the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips....