Folder List does not display files and folders

Under View, Page is selected with Toggle Pane set to Folder list.  No
folders or files are displayed.  There are files in the default folder
called My Web but I'm not able to see these in Folder List.

Please can you advise?

Thank you in advance.
0
abc
1/31/2010 7:29:50 PM
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site  ?
The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage.

The folder My Documents\My webs is a website.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
> Under View, Page is selected with Toggle Pane set to Folder list.  No
> folders or files are displayed.  There are files in the default folder
> called My Web but I'm not able to see these in Folder List.
>
> Please can you advise?
>
> Thank you in advance.

0
Ronx
1/31/2010 9:08:23 PM
On 31/01/2010 21:08, Ronx wrote:
> Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site  ?
> The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage.
>
> The folder My Documents\My webs is a website.
(I have these questions as this is a new installation).

I thought My Webs is a directory.  I copied to 2 HTML files into it.
I've only ever opened a HTML file and saved it.  The Folder List is
completely blank with no diretory structure displayed.

I don't know how to open a website as I don't have one.

When I right-click in Folder List, New>Folder is greyed out, and when I
selected View>Page and View>Folder List is selected, that these settings
are not 'remembered' when I restart FP.

Please can you advise me?  Thank you for your time.
0
abc
2/1/2010 8:48:25 AM
What you have are two "loose" pages stored in My Webs folder, not a
web/site.

Create a website...File | New ... Site choose what you want...maybe a single
page web, name it what you want under My Webs. This will create the web
folder and other needed files for a web. Then you can Import those two loose
pages into it...or start over again within the web/site.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> On 31/01/2010 21:08, Ronx wrote:
>> Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site  ?
>> The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage.
>>
>> The folder My Documents\My webs is a website.
> (I have these questions as this is a new installation).
>
> I thought My Webs is a directory.  I copied to 2 HTML files into it.
> I've only ever opened a HTML file and saved it.  The Folder List is
> completely blank with no diretory structure displayed.
>
> I don't know how to open a website as I don't have one.
>
> When I right-click in Folder List, New>Folder is greyed out, and when I
> selected View>Page and View>Folder List is selected, that these settings
> are not 'remembered' when I restart FP.
>
> Please can you advise me?  Thank you for your time.

0
Rob
2/1/2010 3:26:59 PM
On 01/02/2010 15:26, Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> What you have are two "loose" pages stored in My Webs folder, not a
> web/site.
>
> Create a website...File | New ... Site choose what you want...maybe a single
> page web, name it what you want under My Webs. This will create the web
> folder and other needed files for a web. Then you can Import those two loose
> pages into it...or start over again within the web/site.

Thanks, I've tried that but getting 'The URL "....\My Webs" is invalid:
a server-relative URL is require'.

Please can you advise... thanks again.
0
abc
2/1/2010 5:45:44 PM
Don't enter the URL as "....\My Webs"
Use the Browse button and browse to that folder/web

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:OJ4TjZ2oKHA.5776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
On 01/02/2010 15:26, Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> What you have are two "loose" pages stored in My Webs folder, not a
> web/site.
>
> Create a website...File | New ... Site choose what you want...maybe a single
> page web, name it what you want under My Webs. This will create the web
> folder and other needed files for a web. Then you can Import those two loose
> pages into it...or start over again within the web/site.

Thanks, I've tried that but getting 'The URL "....\My Webs" is invalid:
a server-relative URL is require'.

Please can you advise... thanks again.

0
Stefan
2/2/2010 9:14:53 AM
On 02/02/2010 09:14, Stefan B Rusynko wrote:
> Don't enter the URL as "....\My Webs"
> Use the Browse button and browse to that folder/web

Thank, just tried and drilled down using 'Browse' button but still it
does not allow me to do anything and I get the same error message.

0
abc
2/2/2010 7:23:25 PM
after My Webs you put the name, like;  \My Webs\websitename   (no extension)

so it may look something like this c:\My Documents\My Webs\webname

the name can be anything it doesn't have to be the name of your online
website

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> On 02/02/2010 09:14, Stefan B Rusynko wrote:
>> Don't enter the URL as "....\My Webs"
>> Use the Browse button and browse to that folder/web
>>
> Thank, just tried and drilled down using 'Browse' button but still it does
> not allow me to do anything and I get the same error message.

0
Rob

DSL Status Display Symbols
I right click on my DSL modem lights on the task bar and select status which opens a window with a network drawing.It uses several symbols,ie,padlock to indicate firewall connected to receive channel. Does anyone have a complete description of all the possible symbols used? My transmit channel has a symbol I cannot identify,I don't know the meaning of this symbol.It just appeared recently. WinXP Pro SP3 Westell router/modem via Ethernet Do a Google search for Westell router/modem user manual. It's probably a free downloadable pdf file. You may want to contact y...

Display notes on tab (NotesCount)
Hello CRM-community, a new version of the client side customization NotesCount for CRM 4.0 is available. Some new features like type dependend counters within the notes tab and a tooltip function for more details are now implemented. I created a codeplex project for centralized maintenance and collaborative bug tracking... so as it was for CRM 3.0 in 2007 it's completely free and open-source at http://notescount.codeplex.com/. I hope you'll like it. Comments are gratefully appreciated. Thomas Hi Thomas Brilliant Thank you Pete Thomas Roschinsky wrote: > Hello CRM-commun...

linked file not found
Hi, I cut pasted some data in workbook sheet A from another workbook sheet B and then deleted workbook B. When I click on the cell it refers to workbook B, in fact gives me the full path of the value. The file is no longer there. I cant find it using windows search on the whole disk. Does anyone have any idea, what is going on? TIA/amag It appears that you have only copied a link to the data, not the data itself. If you have not deleted the file from your RecycleBin, then restore it and then Copy > PasteSpecial > Values again to re-capture the data. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CA...

Outlook 2007 graphics not displayed
I have installed Office Enterprise 2007 and use Outlook as my defauly mail application. Unfortunately it does not display the graphics in HTML messages des[ite all the necessary switched allowing downloading of graphics being ticked. I am also have a problem with IE 6 which does not function. Can this be related to this or is there a solution. TGhanks Trevor It's probably related - start by emptying the temp internet files (IE's tools, options menu) and if that doesn't help, report back and include exactly what isn't working in IE 6. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Ou...

Help. Log files are killing me. Exchange 2000
I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have another empty 36GIG drive. I did not realize that log files take so much space. I only 3 GIG of free space left. 1. How can I move the log files to my empty drive? 2. How can I delete these files w/o any problem on Exchange? I mean almost 20GIG of log files in one day. Give me a break. 3. Is there a way to do that automatically. Thanks, On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:19:49 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have >ano...

Refreshng Folder Views
I am programmatically copying views from a .PST file to a selected Contacts folder. I must change folders and returns to the folder of interest for my views to be visible. How can I make them visible immediately after copying them into the folder? ...

Setting the first record in list box
Hi Folks, i am trying to set the first record in a list box (no multiselect) but the problem I have is that the list box items are created from a dynamic query that fisrt looks up the values. How do i tell the list box that to select the first record and to highlight this when the form is displayed? As always your help is appreciated. Regards, John Dumay John Dumay wrote: > i am trying to set the first record in a list box (no multiselect) but the > problem I have is that the list box items are created from a dynamic query > that fisrt looks up the values. How do i tell th...

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

Problems importing pst file...
One of the users in our office tried to open Outlook & recieved an error message that indicated that the pst was gone or corrupt. After running the Inbox repair tool to no avail, as well as picking up a copy of their pst from yesterday's backup, I'm still unable to do anything with it! When trying to import it, I get the message "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" & after hitting ok, I get a message that the file isn't a personal folders file! I have read several long-winded posts in other forums, which basically have given me no...

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...

Outlook 2003
Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to doing it in outlook 2003? No. The list is still built dynamically when you add senders to the list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer BoDEAN <jbo@not_a_valid_email_addy.com> asked: | Is there a text file to edit on the computer for this list, opposed to | doing it in outlook 2003? ...

Move Local Folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003
I received Office 2003 as a gift. I added a new email account in Outlook 2003, so hopefully my mail will stop going to Outlook Express and start arriving at Outlook 2003. Can I move my local folders from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. If so how. Bob J ...

Outloo 2003 pst files
I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i can access these files?? pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com Thanks Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Tahir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Can't see Groups in Global Address List
I have created a group on the exchange server using the following method AD Users and Group Action, New, Grou Named the Group Managers, Group Scope: Global, Group Type: Distributio Finis My expectation is that I would now see the Manager Group in the Global Address List in Outlook. That is not the case. I can only see it if I select "Groups" on the "All Address Lists". How do I get that Manager Group to show up in the GAL in Outlook? Thanks - "Zanshin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a group on the exchange server using ...

attach file in Business Portal Project's Expense
I would like to suggest to include feature for attached file into the Project's Employee Expense. Where employee submitting expense claim, the superior would like to view the scanned copy of the resit, this is common in order to verify the trueness of the claim. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

List Box Selection to Run report
Hi I have a list box in which there are 10 fields shown. I wish for the user to make selections (multiple if required) and then for them to run a report. I have the following code (mainly extracted from Martin Greens website) which is allowing the report to run but my criteria is not being used in the record selection. There is no other criteria in the reports query so I am looking for help as to why I am not able to run the report correctly displaying the users selections Private Sub cmdRunReport_Click() Dim db As DAO.Database Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCriteria As Str...

XML File Size & Memory
Hi All, I have an xml file that is 63mb in size. If I were to load this file into memory, will it consume 63mb of memory or will it consume more than that? Thanks, Roshawn That depends on how you're planning to load that document. If you are loading it into an XmlDocument or an XPathDocument object then it will consume more memory than the size of the file. If you simply walk the document with and XmlTextReader then it will consume less memory. HTH, Christoph Schittko MVP XML http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko > -----Original Message----- > From: Roshawn Dawson [mailto:udrag...

HyperLinking PDF files in Excel
Can anyone offer any help on 1. is it possible to import pdf files into excel as hyperlinks? and 2. if it is possible, how do you do it? =) A hyperlink is as it says, a link to a file either on the local drive or a network which is mapped to the local pc. It is not an imported file, just an address which when pressed will open the relevant PDF document with a PDF Viewer. To insert a hyper link, select from the top menus. Insert\Hyperlink (Hyperlink is at the bottom of the insert menu itme) This will then show a pop up box which will allow you to identify where the PDF file is to be ...

Outlook2007 automation problem with ".Display"
I am using automation in a VB5 program to send Emails using Outlook2007. If I use the ".Send" mailitem the email is sent out Immediately. If I use the ".Display" mailitem in my program, after I look over the Email and then click the "Send" button on the Outlook display screen, the email is placed in my outbox but does not get sent out. I have to exit my program and then click "Outlook". When Outlook displays, I can see the Email in the Outbox which will then automatically go out (without me having to click send and receive). I want th...

Opening file question
When opening a file direct from my documents excel opens but the sheet does not get displayed. Although if you then click print preview the content of the sheet is there. Tried opening excel and then opening file and this works fine. Not a major problem but annoying. Any one shed any light? Cheers, Ash. I think xl is trying to help you. Excel wants to keep the window settings the same way as they were previously. If you saved your workbook in less than a full window, then the next time you open it (via double clicking with no existing xl instance running), it will open it the same win...

Line Feed XML File
I am using SqlXmlCommandType component to generate an XML file in a VB.net Console Application. Everything ran perfect except one thing. I need to know if there is anyway to make this XML file Line feed file. In other words, I need to put each tag in one line instead of mixing them up. Do I have to create an XSL file to do this transformation, or there is another way on the .net framework to do it? Nader Shahin wrote: > I am using SqlXmlCommandType component to generate an XML file in a VB.net > Console Application. Everything ran perfect except one thing. I need to know > if ...

Personal Folder calder sharing
Hi, Can I can share a calender in my Personal Folder (PST) with others in Network.I know I can share the calender in Server Mailbox with others.but since the message delivery is in Personal folder. The default calender is Personal folder calender. Alternatively.. Can I replicate all the appointments in Personal folder calender with server mailbox calender. Please reply ASAP For the first question, see the discussion a few posts up "Open bosses personal folders" and you'll get your answers. Which are basically "no", at least not the way it appears you want to do...

Public Folder: Contacs : Deleted Contacts Still Showing Up In Outlook
How could I clean up the Ghost Contact Lists I created when I didn't know what I was doing. I have, hmmm, possibly 15 or so folders that were contact lists in the public folder. Now, since I have a better understanding of what I'm doing with My contact lists, I need to clean up the Folder Names ( which have been deleted ) that show up in Outlook 2003. I see them when I have a message to send out, and I navigate from the TO: button, and drop down where it says Global Address Book. Thank You Have you tried deleting them from within Exchange System Manager? Nue "Jeliaus" ...

how to display multiple charts on a single chart sheet
hello, I know there is a way to display multiple charts on a single chart sheet i just can't figure out how can i please get a little guidance to complete the data report that i am putting together. RIght now I have two charts each in one single chart sheet. I've tried copy and paste and moving the chart location but I can't get what i'm lookin for. Help me what am i doing wrong EXCEL 2007 Hi Peter. Try the following:- 1. Hit F1 to launch the Help Facility. 2. The third line down is a section called:- Browse Excel Help Click on:- Charts -...