existing web pages/files not showing in Insert Hyperlink dialog bo

Using FrontPage 2003. When attempting to Create a Hyperlink to existing web
pages and files, they are no longer visible in the Insert Hyperlink Dialog
box.  The files are there, we see them in the folder list.  Is there a
setting I'm missing?
--
Fonda K
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try running a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"Fonda K" <Fonda@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE06DEF4-B92D-4793-9783-AE79D20C0E8A@microsoft.com...
Using FrontPage 2003. When attempting to Create a Hyperlink to existing web
pages and files, they are no longer visible in the Insert Hyperlink Dialog
box.  The files are there, we see them in the folder list.  Is there a
setting I'm missing?
--
Fonda K

0
Stefan

Alternating page numbers from bottom to top
I have a document that I want and have the Roman Numerals at the bottom but I would like the main document to have regular page numbers but instead of being at the bottom I would like it at the top of the page. I have no problem with the page numbering as it is all working but when I ask the regular page 1 to be displayed at the top, my Roman Numberal pages also show on the top of the page so they show top and bottom. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm and http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and perhaps http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/N...

if exists
Hello, 1> IF EXISTS (SELECT * from TABLE_A WHERE A = 1) EXEC StoredProcedure 2> IF EXISTS (SELECT B from TABLE_A WHERE A = 1) EXEC StoredProcedure I'm hesitating between 1> and 2>. There are 1000 rows and 23 columns. Do you think 2 is better than 1? or it's same. Thanks for your advise in advance. No difference. It doesn't matter whatever you put in the column list, the optimizer know it is an existence check for rows and doesn't care to materialize any column anyhow. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sq...

Business Portal Web Services
I am trying to setup the Microsoft Dynamics Security Synchronization Utility. I am adding a new application for the Web Services - Dynamics GP. How do I determine my Application Key ID? thanks gptech, thanks for using the newsgroups. In this case, the "Application Key" can be found in the web.config file in the installation directory for the GPWebServices. (Typically Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics GP\GPWebServices\WebServices.) Look for the "SecurityApplicationKey" setting. Unless something has been customized, the ID is likely this GUID: 25cc1a21-2cc4-4b13-a1...

How do I export WORD or PUBLISHER files to AOL instead of Outlook
I would like to imbed docs and pubs in AOL, not OUTLOOK, but I can't figure out how to do it. It can't be done. Your only option would be to use Outlook Express with your AOL (assuming that can still be done) and send them that way. And to be honest with you, I'm not 100% certain that will work. I dumped AOL several years ago so I don't know if they still support OE or that that process will work with Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Ellen" <Ellen@discussions.micro...

Checking for the existence of a dynamically added style
I have a custom control that I would like to have add style rules to the Page that contains it. I know how to do this, using the following method: Me.Page.Header.StyleSheet.CreateStyleRule However, I only want to add the style rule once, since it is the same for every instance of the custom control. When adding scripts, I would simply use the following two statements to add a script and check whether it was already added: Me.Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock Me.Page.ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered But I could not find anything like this for stylesheets...

How can I reduce the size of an Excel file?
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I populate with data each month. I have been using the same file for almost 3 years and the size is getting close to 7 MB. In an effort to reduce the size I deleted some rows and columns that contained previous year's data. To my surprise the size of the file actually increased! My guess is that Excel works similar to a database that has to compacted after records are deleted in order to free the unused space. Am I correct in my thinking? Does anyone know of a way of reducing the file size? This happened to me once. I right-clicked on the shee...

Visio should allow selection of a frame per hyperlink like in MS W
I use Visio (and have done for years) and would really appreciate it if you would place the selection for a frame within your hyperlinks that would override the page default and allow the web pages that are created in Visio to be even more useful that they are. I was able to do this before 2003 version by putting the text "Target="{FRAME} at the end of the address (where {FRAME} was the frame name). This tricked Visio into doing what I needed and still do as i have used Visio and Word to create web processes with frames and hyperlinks. You have changed the way that the text is par...

This email already exist in this organisation. ID: c10312e7
Hello, We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4 workstations) I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder. This email address previously was assigned to a (the only) distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx gets an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the group either. If I send an email to this address the notification states that it's refused by the public folder store. Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7. I have tried th...

crm mobile express error: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
I'm able to access crm mobile express webpage. I'm able to show account directory, search for account. but when I try to open one account, I get an error: please help!!! An Error has Occured -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Go Back Try Again Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(B...

CC: name showing user ID rather than full name
Why would the name in the cc:, etc. fields show as the user ID rather than the display name or email address Is this a pop quiz or did you want some help with this? If the latter, provide some information. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Why would the name in the cc:, etc. fields show as the | user ID rather than the display name or email address ...

CToolTipCtrl and Manifest file
Hi, I am having a problem with the CTooltipCtrl after I started using a manifest file - the tooltips appear completely black. Normal tooltips (on the toolbar) appear fine. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Appreciate any help. Anjali ...

Mail Merge Print Page Limit
I have a 1 Page letter and then I merge about 300 Contacts in the letter. When I go to print it to A PDF, I make sure that Entire Docuemt is Selected then Print, And what it does is it ask me to make a file for every 10 pages. so in the end i have 30 PDF file, when All i want is One. has anyone seen this or have any ideals. I have tried to Select To print pages 1-20 and it still creates 2 PDF's I cant Find any Option on this..... Publisher 2002 Create the following entry in the Windows registry at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0(or whatever version you are in)\Publish...

Add more existing contacts to an account
I would like to know if existing contact's can be added to an account. The thing is that if you open an account, you can add related contact's, but there is not a possibility to add existing contacts to an account, neither there is a possibility to search for existing contacts and add them to an existing account. I am looking for a solution, With regards, Peter Klapwijk Services in IT Open the existing Contact and change Parent Account "Peter Klapwijk" <PeterKlapwijk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C4996A9-7198-4D76-A2E2-F369C8E35D1E@micros...

Home Page Missing in Publisher file and Links won't connect
Hi, I have just published my website, and the links to the other pages within the site don't work (when I click on "about us" or "calendar" I recieve a "File not found: check URL, etc,etc" message). When trying to investigate the source of the problem I realized that my index page never tranfers into my computer file after the FTP - are these two things related? How do I get the links up and running? thanks, th Unless you change the default settings, Publisher will produce an index.htm file and an index_files folder when you Publish to the Web (Pub...

Check if a number exists in a range?
Is there any way (hopefully easy, no code) to check if a number exist in a range? For example, A1 to A5 contains the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I want t check if range A1:A5 contains, for example 2. Just have a true o false return. Thanks -- gkast ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gkaste's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38684 One way: =COUNTIF(A1:A5,2) > 0 In article <gkaste.1s4b72_1121274441.7749@excelforum-nospam.com>,...

Outlook web access prompted for username and password
OWA repeatedly prompt for password and username for some verison of IE ? Any idea why? Thanks much. ...

Web Outlook popup
Ok it is 2010 and Web outlook has an option to check for a popup notification for new mail but I can't seem to get it to work. Can someone tell me what is required for it to work? Does windows messenger need to be enabled in group policies? Does it need to be added to the popup filters somewhere? Are does the option just not work? Thanks in advance for any help on this Sher "Sher" <Sher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65EEA88A-D01B-45AB-9053-BBDF04B8250D@microsoft.com... > Ok it is 2010 and Web outlook has an option to check for a popup ...

File comparison
Folks: I have 2 separate Excel files. Each file contains about 100 symbols. I would like to run a quick COMPARISON the content of these 2 files in order to identify those symbols words that appear in BOTH files. Finally I would like to write the results to either of the original files or maybe to a third Excel spreadsheet. * Is there an excel function or program that can achieve this objective ? Deeply appreciate any assistance with this problem ? P.S. Would it be better to first bring the content of both files into separate columns of the same spreadsheet ? Thanks, Jo. h...

How do I change which software views my jpg files when I download.
Please help, it keeps going to the wrong software! On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:21:02 -0800, pamieg <pamieg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help, it keeps going to the wrong software! Howdy, This has nothing to do with Outlook... It would help if you mentioned your operating system, but... In Win 2000: Open Windows Explorer. Then Tools | Folder Options | File Types. Once there, you can associate your *.jpg files with any software you wish. If that does not work for your OS, I'd suggest looking in the help file for "File Associations" then "Associate a ...

Hyperlinks in Outlook Signatures
question about hyperlinks. Is there any way to put a variable in a hyperlink so that the mail to: email address is always the same as the displayed text? I have a lot of users that have been cutting and pasting mail to: hyperlinks and when they change the display of the hyperline, the mail to: is still the old email address. I'd like it so that if someone edits the text of the display email address that the mail to: points to the new address. Any tips would be appreciated. thx No, that is not possible. Teach them to edit the link as well or to completely remove the t...

Locate existing record-update it on the form
I placed a command button on a form and want to use it to search for an existing record and then populate the form with that record so I can update/add to it. The form's record source is a table (tblRFPTracking). I'm having a mental block on how to accomplish this and appreciate any help. Linda Here's one approach... Add a combobox (unbound) to the form (I stick mine in the header). Have that combobox list the records available for editing. I usually only include the bare minimum necessary to distinguish one record from another. Use a query to "feed" t...

Frequent file corruption in the documents and setting area
Since a month or so, I have frequent messages 'corrupted file, run chkdsk' after booting. The files concerned are ALWAYS in the 'documents and setting' directory, often temp files, or Norton 360 files. I am quite positive that the disk itself is sane (only 1 raw sector is reallocated in SMART). Any idea from what area could the problem come ? I do have units up to K (2 physical units), and only this directory ever get corrupted on G (system XP pro) Thanks -- Jean Paulo "Jean-Paulo" <jean.paulo@free.fr> responded in News item ...

way to freeze or stop a page?
Is there a way to stop a page from running anything, just become static. I often have tabs I want to come back to and leave open. But some have rotating ads, scrolling lists, and other processes that eat cpu time. Is there a way to just stop a page and let it sit there static? Or...I can look in task manager and see many iexplore listings, apparently one for each tab. Some eat a lot more time or memory than others. Is there a way to tell which listing goes with which tab? Thanks njem;1766424 Wrote: > Is there a way to stop a page from running anything, just become > st...

Creating Excel file from other program
Hi I would like to create an excel file from another program, without using Excel Interop. I have created files like that before using tab separated text files with the .xls-extension. Works fine, but.... This time I need to create a simple Excel file that contains two or more sheets. Does anyone have an idea?? No formatting needed, just the plain data. /Jonas Jonas Bergman wrote... .... >I would like to create an excel file from another program, without using >Excel Interop. > >I have created files like that before using tab separated text files with >the .xls-extens...

my hyperlinked pictures don't show up after i publish to the web
i have made a hyperlink to my pictues in my draft on publisher but the link doesn't take me there after i publish to the web Did you place them on your server? "sherri_sy" <sherri_sy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A140B8CC-A0B2-4645-B5AA-CEEBB39D5197@microsoft.com... >i have made a hyperlink to my pictues in my draft on publisher but the link > doesn't take me there after i publish to the web probably not i am really new to this website stuff. if you could give me some tips that would be great. "Charles W Davis" wrote: > Did...