Error when publishing

When i publish, my website is showng the directory listing, not the home
page. How can i correct this?
thanks,
--
Suki Arts
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

by having an; index.htm or index.html or default.htm or default.html page in
the root folder...which one of the four will depend on what your server is
set up for.
what is the file name of your "home" page?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Suki arts" <Sukiarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i publish, my website is showng the directory listing, not the home
> page. How can i correct this?
> thanks,
> --
> Suki Arts

0
Rob
12/2/2009 2:32:39 AM
the home page is index.html
--
Suki Arts

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> by having an; index.htm or index.html or default.htm or default.html page in
> the root folder...which one of the four will depend on what your server is
> set up for.
> what is the file name of your "home" page?
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Suki arts" <Sukiarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When i publish, my website is showng the directory listing, not the home
> > page. How can i correct this?
> > thanks,
> > --
> > Suki Arts

Ask your host what name and extension should be given to the home page. Some
hosts give all 4 choices (and more, sometimes) that Rob mentioned, other
hosts are very restrictive.
Does index.html appear in the directory listing you get when browsing to
your site?  If it does, then index.html is the wrong choice, if it dose not,
then you have published to the wrong place, or something else has happened.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

> the home page is index.html
> --
> Suki Arts
>

> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> by having an; index.htm or index.html or default.htm or default.html page
>> in
>> the root folder...which one of the four will depend on what your server
>> is
>> set up for.
>> what is the file name of your "home" page?
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "Suki arts" <Sukiarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When i publish, my website is showng the directory listing, not the
>> > home
>> > page. How can i correct this?
>> > thanks,
>> > --
>> > Suki Arts

0
Ronx

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

error 0x800CCC0F

4.4.7 error

vista publisher network places
i upgraded to Vista and am having trouble uploading to my website that has been up and running for years using xp and publisher 07. Now I keep getting an error message that "cannot find url or network connections. Vista does not have "network places". can anyone help me Prepare, publish, and maintain your Publisher Web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA100947601033.aspx It is written for Pub 2007, but if you are using IE7 instead of IE6, then the directions for using Vista would apply for Pub 2003. FTP uploading has changed with the introduction of IE7. Pa...

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

Free/Busy time publishing in OWA
Hello, is it possible to configure OWA (for Exchange 2003) to publish the same of free/busy time then the Outlook 2003 client? Outlook 2003 is configured to publish 12 months, but if a remote client only uses OWA the free/busy time is only published 2 moths. OWA seems to overwrite the free/busy time span of 12 months with the default of 2 months. As also stated here: http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/06/02/146939.aspx Outlook allows you to post a range of FB data, you can post 2 months, the default or 12 months, or whatever, of FB data. If Outlook has posted 9 months of data, and a...

Avery 5168 template for Office Publisher.
I need to use Avery 5168 labels to make Price Labels in Office Publisher. Anyone have a template for this label to use in Publisher? Make your own label template to suit. It is easy to do yourself. "AFF007" <AFF007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69BEE69B-B206-46A9-89D7-1C986D16DC9A@microsoft.com... > I need to use Avery 5168 labels to make Price Labels in Office Publisher. > Anyone have a template for this label to use in Publisher? ...

CObject Private method access error

Publisher says there has been a significant change to my system
I recently moved from one state to another. When I accessed MS Word for the 1st time after that, it gave me a message that it had detected significant changes to my system. I was able to insert my Office CD & it fixed the problem. Now I'm getting the same message when I try to access my resume on MS Publisher. The trouble I have is that somehow Publisher isn't on my Office CD. Is there a way to get Publisher, it says it's Publisher 2002, to work correctly? I need to make some changes to my resume so that I can apply for some jobs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. P...

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...