can't publish - Thymbs.db error

I just tried to publish my site after updating it -- new page, text, photos,
links -- did update hyperlinks.  I get the following message.  Is it on my
site or my host's side?

Server error: The page Thumbs.db has been modified by (unknown) on 14 Feb
2010 19:10:44 -0500.

Thank you.
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's you:

When you open a folder in Thumbnails view, Windows creates a Thumbs.db file.
For example, if you use Windows Explorer to open a folder in Thumbnails
view, Windows creates a Thumbs.db file in that folder.
Delete the Thumbs.db files that are contained in folders on the Web site
that you want to publish, and then publish your Web site. To do this:
  1.. Start Windows Explorer, and then open the folder that contains the
Thumbs.db file.
  2.. On the View menu, click any view that you want except the Thumbnails
view. For example, click List.
  3.. Quit Windows Explorer.
  4.. Open the Web site on your computer, and then open the folder that
contains the Thumbs.db file.
  5.. Right-click the Thumbs.db file, and then click Delete.
  6.. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  7.. Repeat step 1 through step 6 to delete every Thumbs.db file that is
contained in folders on the Web site that you want to publish.
  8.. Publish your Web site to the Web server.
  --
  Tom [Pepper] Willett
  Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
:
: Server error: The page Thumbs.db has been modified by (unknown) on 14 Feb
: 2010 19:10:44 -0500.
:
: Thank you.

0
Tom
4/2/2010 4:14:14 PM
Tom is correct.... but you'll still have the problem if you open one of your
FP folders with IE Explorer again.
Assuming you have WinXP (if not, I'd think the steps would be similar):
To stop this from happening, open Explorer... and go to Tools / Folder
Options... and select the View tab. Now, check the box "do not cache
thumbnails"... and you'll not be bothered by those pesky thumbs.db files
again!

"Adela D" wrote:

> I just tried to publish my site after updating it -- new page, text, photos,
> links -- did update hyperlinks.  I get the following message.  Is it on my
> site or my host's side?
>
> Server error: The page Thumbs.db has been modified by (unknown) on 14 Feb
> 2010 19:10:44 -0500.
>
> Thank you.
We all have did that Before.
Good job and good info
Tom [Pepper] Willett and Rick Sparks

Pepper #1 Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"Rick Sparks" <RickSparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tom is correct.... but you'll still have the problem if you open one of
> your
> FP folders with IE Explorer again.
> Assuming you have WinXP (if not, I'd think the steps would be similar):
> To stop this from happening, open Explorer... and go to Tools / Folder
> Options... and select the View tab. Now, check the box "do not cache
> thumbnails"... and you'll not be bothered by those pesky thumbs.db files
> again!
>
> "Adela D" wrote:
>
>> I just tried to publish my site after updating it -- new page, text,
>> photos,
>> links -- did update hyperlinks.  I get the following message.  Is it on
>> my
>> site or my host's side?
>>
>> Server error: The page Thumbs.db has been modified by (unknown) on 14 Feb
>> 2010 19:10:44 -0500.
>>
>> Thank you.

0
Hot
4/3/2010 7:37:18 AM
"Adela D" <AdelaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just tried to publish my site after updating it -- new page, text,
>photos,
> links -- did update hyperlinks.  I get the following message.  Is it on my
> site or my host's side?
>
> Server error: The page Thumbs.db has been modified by (unknown) on 14 Feb
> 2010 19:10:44 -0500.
>
> Thank you.

If you want to keep the thumbs feature in windows just mark all thumbs.db
files as 'don't publish' you can do that via reports or the folder view or
folder list view.

recalculate hyperlinks before publishing

when publishing just look on the right hand pane (don't know which version
of fp you have) and select the db file and delete it off the server if you
are still having problems.

Tina
Expression Web EASTER GIVEAWAY
http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html
Prizes: EW 3.0 x1, Migrating from FronPage to Expression Web Ebook x2, EW
Tips Ebooks x3
Special Prize: SEO Toolbar for any version. Runs: 12th March - 30th April

0
Tina
4/4/2010 6:53:11 AM
No, we all have not did that before.

--
"Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in message
[...]
: >
: > "Adela D" wrote:
: >
: >> I just tried to publish my site after updating it -- new page, text,
: >> photos,
: >> links -- did update hyperlinks.  I get the following message.  Is it on
: >> my
: >> site or my host's side?
: >>
: >> Server error: The page Thumbs.db has been modified by (unknown) on 14
Feb
: >> 2010 19:10:44 -0500.
: >>
: >> Thank you.
:

0
Tom

Hotmail/outlook 0x800CCC0D error 'server not found'
for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.' I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail. I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem, etc. Now I found out my Father, next town over, is having the same happen to him. Different Internet provider. Looking on the http://su...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Hierarchycal TreeView DB
Hello! I have created a very simple hierarchycal list based on the Adjacency-List model (see DB attached). I have also created a form with TreeView to browse the hierarchy. In the form frmProjectos, from the DB attached, I would like that, when the user clicks on any Project, the form right shows this Project record. How can I do this? Thank you! You can download the sample DB file from: http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/uadl.php?Zn=1916276 On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:27:33 GMT, "vmcduarte" <u56987@uwe> wrote: You need a little bit different approach. Fi...

publisher #74

Need advie with database error
I created a small Access 2000 database with one table. I am using a MS Access DSN driver with Snapshot RS (CRecordView with a single form). The database fails to open and returns "Data Truncated" error. I researched this at MSDN and there is a fix for a known bug in MFC 4.0. However, I am running VS 6.0 with SP-6 installed and should have MFC 4.2. Do I need to apply the patch or is something else wrong? Thanks! Data truncated indicates that a variable mapping in RFX has a length parameter less than the actual field length in your database. Search your source code and look fo...

Divide by Zero error
I need assistance please. I have 2 fields called PWP_TRX and TOTAL_TRX. I have a query expression that reads sum([PWP_TRX])/sum([TOTAL_TRX). On occasion both these fields will be zero. My formula above is reflecting #error when it comes across the zero fields. I know I need to use an IIF but I can't remember - it's been a long time. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you sum([PWP_TRX])/NZ(sum([TOTAL_TRX),1) A lot depends on what you want returned if either, or both, are 0. The above will divide by 1. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP ...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Outlook client for CRM 4.0 error starting up
Hello, I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error : Symptom 4 When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive the following error message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook. Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log: Event: 16941 A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322. I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solut...

Sending Publisher Files

compressed drive for exchange db and logs
Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:35:51 -0700, "tony" <none@none.com> wrote: >Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? > Yes. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318116/en-us/ ...

Runtime Error in Excel 2007
Runtime Error in Excel 2007 Everytime I open a .xls file I get a message that says Runtime Error R6025-pure virtual function call and when I click OK the program closes down. Unable to work on any files. I have installed all the updates available. Any help is appreciated. Curiously enough this seems to be related to Internet Explorer. Fwiw: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/925418 -- Jim "L J McKenney" <ljmac22@msn.net> wrote in message news:990a5590f5cb43209a29b135a7486f7f@ureader.com... | Runtime Error in Excel 2007 | | Everytime I open a .xls file ...

Error Code 8000FFFF
Unable to upgrade MSN get this error 8000FFF -- Chawalit I. IT Consultant Phuket Butler Co., LTD “We Serve You Everything” Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/chawalit Phuket Property: http://www.phuketbutler.com "raj" wrote: > Unable to upgrade MSN get this error 8000FFF try go to here: http://www.phuketbutler.com/msnfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946414 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "raj" <raj@discussions.microsoft.com&...

collation different between MSCRM and other db's
We have found what we believe may be a problem, or at least a complication with our CRM setup. The MSCRM and Metabase dbs have a collation of Latin1_General_CI_AS. Every other db on this server (master, model, tempdb, the 4 BizTalk dbs, MSCRM_Integration, MSCRM_Distribution, and CRM_Crystal) all are SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. Support has told us that CRM picks up the collation from the OS, the rest pick up the collation from SQL Server, and that this will cause no problems. At the very least this is causing complications when we attempt to query across dbs, getting the error "Canno...

OMA older version error message
Hi all, I'm just updated Excgange 2000 to 2003 on Windows server 2000 sp4. When I try to access to OMA I have the following error message: Outlook(R) Mobile Access is supported only on Microsoft (R) Exchange Server 2003. Currently your mailbox is stored on an older version of Exchange server. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance. Event Log: ========== source: MSExchangeOMA ID: 1802 User has Microsoft(R) Exchange server MBX, which is not running Exchange Server 2003. That server is not accessible by Outlook(R) Mobile Access. Exchange version is:...

Publisher 2000 #23

Error number: 0x80090008 02-08-10
I've been working with Microsoft for over a month without resolution and it has now come down to reinstalling my operating system which I really would like to avoid. I noticed in December that I was not getting any update notifications so after about 2 weeks I went to the website for updates and when I click express I now get Error number: 0x80090008. This even comes up when I try to update windows defender software. I can't believe that there is no reference to what this error number refers to. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. Windows version would be...? W...

Publisher 2003

C0070005 Error
As an exchange administrator I can do anything on the exchange server itself. On my workstation (windows 2003) I have installed the ESM Tools. When I for example want to add a smtp address, I get the C0070005 access denied error. I don't get the error on the server, even I log on with the same user. The second problem is, I cannot open the public folders in Outlook 2003 (You don't have the necessary rights or something like that). Again, only on my workstation. I have read lot's recourses in the newsgroups to the C007005 error (KB 323915, delegation wizard, ...). Nothing yet ...

divide by zero error
Hello All, Does anyone know how to stop the divide by zero error appearing in a cell. Thanks, Graham By testing the denominator as in: =IF(B1,A1/B1,0) =IF(N(B1),A1/B1,"") "Graham Bennet" <gbennet@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:eug$gN4kEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All, > > Does anyone know how to stop the divide by zero error appearing in a cell. > > Thanks, Graham > > If A1=0, A2=20 for example, =A2/A1 will give #DIV/0 =IF(A1<>0,A2/A1,0) will give Zero if A1 is Zero, if not the result of the calculation, or =I...

upgrade publisher

Outlook 2003 quits (error) when started
Hi, I just installed Outlook 2003 and installed the service pack for it. But whenever I start Outlook up, it automatically checks my email accounts, and whenever it does that, it errors. It also makes duplicate copies of emails in my inbox. Here is the error msg I get: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.0 ModStamp:3b7dfe39 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000320bc Anybody have a solution? Thanks sac16@comcast.net, Just a suggestion, but try setting your polling time to 5 minutes or more. This may help. Chri...

Microsoft Publisher ?