Hi Im hoping someone could help with this one. I have a customer where
i set up the ability for secretary to be able to access her bosses
mailbox as well as the hope to send as that user (boss). Well i
followed both of these articles, MS 327000, 281208. as well as
information that i found from searching other post and still the user
gets the message when trying to send as the other user:

      u...@xxxxxxx.net on 11/21/2005 10:14 PM
assistance, contact your system administrator.
            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=domain:SERVER

I have that delegated user ( secretary) with rights in the "mailbox
rights" button in active directory under exchange advanced, Also set
"send as" in the "security" tab in active directory, I even went to
exchange system manager and in the private mailbox store gave "send as"

send as rights to the secretary to see if it would go. i want rights
given but still the user cannot send email under the other persons
email address in the from field. I know that somtimes in microsofts
directions they might leave off a step that they just assume i would
know so they dont bother mentioning it, but if anybody has any ideas
what i could be missing that would be great. thanks in advance.

P.S. i really need this help

0
eli.ripoll (10)

If this is Exchange 2003, you also need to provide the user with "receive
as" rights.  That will allow the user to send as the person in question (on
top of that, the name they're sending as must resolve in the GAL).  If you
want her to have mailbox rights, just provide her Full Mailbox rights in the
Mailbox security properties.

-Trevor

<eli.ripoll@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi Im hoping someone could help with this one. I have a customer where
> i set up the ability for secretary to be able to access her bosses
> mailbox as well as the hope to send as that user (boss). Well i
> followed both of these articles, MS 327000, 281208. as well as
> information that i found from searching other post and still the user
> gets the message when trying to send as the other user:

>      u...@xxxxxxx.net on 11/21/2005 10:14 PM
> assistance, contact your system administrator.
>            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=domain:SERVER
>

> I have that delegated user ( secretary) with rights in the "mailbox
> rights" button in active directory under exchange advanced, Also set
> "send as" in the "security" tab in active directory, I even went to
> exchange system manager and in the private mailbox store gave "send as"
>
> send as rights to the secretary to see if it would go. i want rights
> given but still the user cannot send email under the other persons
> email address in the from field. I know that somtimes in microsofts
> directions they might leave off a step that they just assume i would
> know so they dont bother mentioning it, but if anybody has any ideas
> what i could be missing that would be great. thanks in advance.
>

> P.S. i really need this help

0
null3011 (5)
11/22/2005 10:50:37 PM
oh one more thing

0
eli.ripoll (10)
11/23/2005 4:17:58 AM
yes i did give full right to the secretary everywhere i could think of:

full mailbox access in AD "exchange advanced" tab
full controll in AD in the "security" tab
Full mailbox right in the Exchangge system manager"
as well as send on behalf of which i know is not the same thing.
i also tried some different combinations of the above to see if any
permissions were conflicting.

also yes the boss's email is in the GAL they are both using the same
email as well(i.e. sec@domain.com,, boss@domain.com)
but keep the questions comin

0
eli.ripoll (10)

Exch 2003, able to use Send As or Send on Behalf in public folders OWA ??
we have users at various divisions/sites that were thinking of having them use OWA only but will need to "Send as or Send on behalf of" in OWA for public folders. is that possible ?? if not anyone have a "workaround " ?? thanks gang ! On 13 Feb 2007 07:28:49 -0800, "Biglou" <louiem@gmail.com> wrote: >we have users at various divisions/sites that were thinking of having >them use OWA only >but will need to "Send as or Send on behalf of" in OWA for public >folders. >is that possible ?? > >if not anyone have a "workaround...

can't "send as" when using POP?
I have users who are using Microsoft Outlook to POP and I want them to be able to change the "From" field to another email other than theirs. They have all the correct permissions and can do this successfully when using MAPI. However, if they try this while on POP, it says "sent by blah on behalf of xxx" We are running Exchange 2003 Sp1 Can you not change the From address in an email unless you're on MAPI? Thanks!! In news:1145977477.766143.250160@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com, Jeff <jeff80@gmail.com> typed: > I have users who are using Microsoft Outlook...

Unable to "Send as"
I have a resource mailbox, let's call it "Sales". The primary AD account is disabled, so the mailbox has Self assigned "Associated External Account". Various users have the Full Mailbox Access right assigned. These users can access the mailbox, but they also need to be able to "Send As" the Sales mailbox. I was getting the "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." message in Outlook, so I looked and found this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327174/ Now, even after explicitly grantin...

Exchange 2003 SP1
I'm trying to grant multiple users (2) "Send As" permissions on an Exchange mailbox to no avail. I have given the users individual Full mailbox access, and/or specific Send As permissions per MS KB HowTo's, however the same insufficient rights error occurs when they try to Send As. I also tried adding the security group with specific and full mailbox rights to no avail. I am a domain admin and by default, I can Send As from anyone's mailbox. Any help is much appreciated. Thx. ...

grant "send as' to security group
Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2000 Server, AD is Mixed Mode. Anyway to setup the 'send on behalf of' permissions to apply to an entire security group as opposed to having to specify each individual user? For example, a doctor's office has 15 doctors with email accounts. At any given time there may be as many as 10 additional people accessing that users mailbox and needing to be able to send email out and have it appear as being from the doctor (don't even get me started on HIPAA with this, they've been told). The respective users have already been defined into secu...

Multiple mailboxes per Outlook account for send as either mailbox user using Exchange mailboxes
Using Outlook 2003 and Exchange Standard 2003 SP2. I need to have a user open their Outlook email and be able to see and send as another user account. For instance user Bob opens Outlook. Bob needs to see emails from salesinfo account and be able to reply to email sent to salesinfo and the reply needs to show as from salesinfo and not a reply from Bob or sent on behalf of sales info. I think I know how to do this but am looking to see if I am correct or there is a better/easier way. The way I am thinking to try is to give Bob full mailbox rights to salesinfo via salesinfo user account ...

'send as' permission disappears
I have read posts that explain why this happens and have read Kb907434. However, the user in that needs 'send as' permission is not a member of any of the protected groups. They may have been in the past but this has been removed. We're using SBS2003 with Exchange R2 and MS Office 2003. Any help greatly appreciated. How are you applying this permissions and to what objects (Server, Admin Group, User..)? Nue "Stuart" <Stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE64FC75-8751-4347-BE4E-26611CB9D4DA@microsoft.com... >I have read posts that expla...

DST has screwed up Send As
I've applied the DST patches to several clients now, both Ex2k and Ex2k3 servers. In all cases, no users have send As permissions after installing the patches. Even if I specifically go back and grant the permissisions per KB912918. Let me explain: I have numerous clients I've configured with user accounts set in an alternate OU so I could lock down user permmissions while logged on to terminal servers (instead of using loopback GPO processing). These user accounts aren't mail-enabled but have full access rights on their normal domain accounts' maiboxes (i.e. user '...

Can you automatically mark messages you send as watched?
Can you automatically mark messages you send as watched? Seems like there has to be a better way than waiting for it to come back to your server and then mark your own post. -- Kilowatt@charter.net For initial email contact you must put "private" in the subject line. You can set your view settings to "Replies to My Messages" Kilowatt wrote: > Can you automatically mark messages you send as watched? Seems like > there has to be a better way than waiting for it to come back to your > server and then mark your own post. ...

granting send as
Hello I have followed the following articles; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327174 However we ae unable to grant the user Send As permissions. Whenevr the user tries to reply tot he message the receive ane rror stating that they do not have Send on Behalf Of rights. Our exchange server is 2003, 2000 domain and the client is using Outlook 2000. If we grant Behalf Of rights then they can reply to the message, but on Behalf Of and not just a reply from taht mailbox. The user does have multiple mailboxes open and the mailbox i...

Send As permission #7
Hi, is it possible granting Send As permission to a user that is not mailbox/mail-enabled ? i.e. User A is mailbox-enabled User B is not mailbox/mail-enabled I granted Full Mailbox and Send As permission to User B. User B can access User A mailbox but it cannot send e-mail as User B. Why ? Thanks, Stefano Hi there, If you are Running Exchange SP2 and have the following installed; kb916803 and kb911829, then that is expected. You will have to grant 'Send As' in addition to full mailbox access. You grant this in ADU&C. Oliver I know that the behavior of the Full Ma...

hook keyboard and send as other keyvalue
hi, i have a problem to deal with global keyboard hooking . my application has to deal with a special keyboard, whitch asking that when press Shilft + A, it actually come out "#", Shift + B , it comes out "&".. and when shift is not pressed, the A is still A. i can not come out with the functionality no matter what.. i have to use global keyboard hooking since it is for the whole application LRESULT CALLBACK keyProc(int nCode,WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { PKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT hook = (PKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT)lParam; ??????? return CallNextHookEx(gHook, nCode, wPa...

DST and Send As Permissions?
Could someone explain this to me? After doing the updates and re-basing, a couple users started getting the don't have permission to send errors. So I have to go into AD Users and give them permission to send as themselves. What happened and why to just a couple random users? - The users weren't able to send messages as themsevles using Outlook, when logged in as themselves? Or did they use a mobile device like BlackBerry? - It's an issue with stuff that explicitly needs Send As permissions - the Full Mailbox Access and Send As permissions were separated in a previous hot...

SBS2008
Do you still have to setup a user in Exchange 2007 EMC with 'Send As' permission even if they are entered in the 'Full Access' permission in order to allow them to be able to reply to messages received in someone elses mailbox ? I thought that they would have inherited this being in the 'Full Access' permission, or are these two seperate entities as such. Jim. "Jim" <jim@dontwantspam.com> wrote in message news:hhsmcp$2cki$1@energise.enta.net... > Do you still have to setup a user in Exchange 2007 EMC with 'Send As' >...

Send As Permissions #2
Can you someone tell me how to prevent users how are members of distribution lists / groups from sending email as those groups? (I hope to avoid using deny permissions and instead remove the appproporate allow permissions if I can identify them) Also, all of my users are able to send as each other, though the send as permissions have not been defined? Can anyone help with a way to identify how this is happening or a way to prevent it? The only permissions that I've seen and consider suspect are entries for the 'mailservers$' with allow permissions to everything. I don't...

Send As permissions changing
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. I have a user who needs his assistant to send email as him. We are not interested in 'send on behalf of', only 'send as'. In AD i opened the user's object, clicked the security tab, clicked advanced, added his assistant and gave her 'send as' permissions. After a few minutes, I can re-open user object, and the assistant whom I just added is gone. I have tried giving her full mailbox rights, and a few minutes later those changes are gone. I mean the assistant's account is completely removed from th...

send as an alias
Hello I have a question on the possiblity of sending as an alias with exch 2003 and outlook 2000. Our mail server handles 2 domains. I have a small group of users that have an address with the main domain and an alias address as the second domain. The primary address is with the main domain. They want to be able to send out as the address in the second domain. I have tried changing the primary smtp to the address in the second domain. I've done this before when i've dealt with addresses that are other accounts and not aliases. Wondering if this can be done. Thanks You...

how do i remove send as rights
hi how do i remove send as rights from a user.we want to see where is the mail coming from. xxxx on behalf of yyyyy. under the security mail i've unchecked the save as option of the member but it still shows the name only and not on behalf of..... any ideas Does this help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329622/ Nue "Craig from Huguenot" <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96006DE9-EA28-427E-BB27-B1D0A2493391@microsoft.com... > hi > > how do i remove send as rights from a user.we want to see where is the > mail > comi...

Send as permissions
Folks, I am having an issue with the send as option in Exchange 2003. Users have been able to send mails as there bosses but recently that permission seems to have disappeared. When I reapply the permission it disappears after one hour or so. I have tried all the kb articles in making sure that the permission is reapplied correctly. any ideas. I have exchange 2003 sp1 ...

Send As permission
Hi All, I have a problem. I need to give two people Send As permission on a mailbox. I gave them Full Mailbox Access in Mailbox Right in the Exchange Advance tab. That's fine. I gave them Send As permission in the Security tab and they can send as this person. However, the permission in the Security tab disappeared in about 20 - 30 minutes and they can't Send As anymore. I have no more idea. Please help. Kit There are several security groups that get updated periodically by AD (Domain Admins, Backup Operators, etc. - sorry, don't have the complete list in front of...

Problems send as permission
We've a problem with the Send As Permission. We've a general info mailbox and several users can view the email in this box and send as this emailbox user. Situation: Windows 2003 STD Exchange 2003 STD SP1 + hotfix kb831464 Outlook 2000 SP3 Send as rights configured as follow: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;327000&Product=exch2003 Now when we fill the field from whe get the warning no permission to send as. We've tested it with Outlook 2003, then it works fine! But our organisation uses Outlook 2000. Anyone an idea to workaround the problem? Pl...

can't send as email in publisher 2003
i want to send a newsletter in the body of an email. i've already made sure i have outlook 2003 set as my default email. the problem is that when i click on 'send email', the only two options i get are: 'send publication as attachment' and 'send publication as adobe pdf'. help! As you have the option to send as a pdf, it sounds like you are actually using Pub2007. It is my understanding that contrary to the information provided by MSFT, you must use either Outlook 2007 or Outlook Express 5+. Reference: The Send This Page as Message command is not available wh...

no permission to send as
Hi. I need some assistance. This question may have been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it right off. We are trying to grant some interns permission to send email from another mailbox in our exchange organization. We added the mailbox as a user in AD, added the employee to the security tab and granted full permissions (including Send As). I added the employee to the Mailbox Rights tab in AD with full mailbox access. Then we added that mailbox to the employee's Outlook profile. When the employee tries to send email from that address (by putting that user in the From: fiel...

Administrators
I have a Exchange 2003/Window 2003 setup running in AD 2003 native mode and came across a a problem. It seems that all our Domain Admins have the ablilty when in outlook to select the from field and send an email using any address. This is something I would like to correct. I thought if I remove the Send As rgiht assigned to Domain Admins in the security tab in Users and Comptuers it would fix this but it didn't. Default permissions were applied during the Exchange install and on Mailbox rigths all admins have the deny right checked for send as and receive as. Any ideas would b...

How do i remove "Send As" rights
Hi The PA in our company send mail as the GM (it is suppose to be "Send on Behalf as"). I want to remove this. How do i do this in exch2003. Client is outlook 2003 Can remove this delegation from ADUC -> Find user-> go to the Properties of the user->Exchange General tab->Delivery Option-> their you got an option to set on-behalf permission, here you need to uncheck the checkbox. Regards, Tarun Verma "MSExchange2003Student" wrote: > Hi > > The PA in our company send mail as the GM (it is suppose to be "Send on > Behalf as")....