XCH-2003 ESM Public Folder Administration

I have just inherited an XCH2003 (migrated from 5.5) server with public
folder management issue:

1) When using the ESM (either on the server or installed in another
location) You cannot view the existing list of folders under <Admin groups |
Location | Folders | Public Folders> When right clicking and choosing view
system folders a fatal error "The handle specified is invalid ID no:
80090301 Exchange System Manager" occurs preventing the view.
2) Same situation different location <Admin groups | Location | Servers |
Server Name | 1st Storage Group | Public Folder Store | Public Folders |
Folder Name> When right clicking and choosing properties of a folder a fatal
error occurs "Invalid Argument. Facility Win32 ID no. 80070057 Exchange
System Manager"
3) Same situation as #2 for the properties of folder under the public folder
instances container, however I am able to view the folder replica
properties.

This is preventing a great range of administration including the ability to
delete existing public folders.  I currently can create a new public folder
tree, but am not able to create public folders within it.
Any help in this matter would greatly be appreciated.

0
Navigato

Have you enabled SSL on your Default Web Site on the Exchange server?

What happens if you remove the SSL option from the Exadmin virtual
directory?

I found documentation from another case here in PSS where SSL on the
Exadmin virtual directory caused this.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: <Navigato>
>Subject: XCH-2003 ESM Public Folder Administration
>Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:24:35 -0600
>
>I have just inherited an XCH2003 (migrated from 5.5) server with public
>folder management issue:
>
>1) When using the ESM (either on the server or installed in another
>location) You cannot view the existing list of folders under <Admin groups
|
>Location | Folders | Public Folders> When right clicking and choosing view
>system folders a fatal error "The handle specified is invalid ID no:
>80090301 Exchange System Manager" occurs preventing the view.
>2) Same situation different location <Admin groups | Location | Servers |
>Server Name | 1st Storage Group | Public Folder Store | Public Folders |
>Folder Name> When right clicking and choosing properties of a folder a
fatal
>error occurs "Invalid Argument. Facility Win32 ID no. 80070057 Exchange
>System Manager"
>3) Same situation as #2 for the properties of folder under the public
folder
>instances container, however I am able to view the folder replica
>properties.
>
>This is preventing a great range of administration including the ability to
>delete existing public folders.  I currently can create a new public folder
>tree, but am not able to create public folders within it.
>Any help in this matter would greatly be appreciated.

0
rroddy (682)

Server 2003 SP1
Hey all, I am currently planning for an installation of SP1, Server 2003, on a box running Exchange 2003. Does anyone have any words of advice? Any forewarnings? Any KB articles I should read first? Any Patches I need to go ahead and download in advance? Should I even perform the installation? Thanks in advance for any and all help! ATC Elf I am running E2K3 with W2K3 SP1 in a number of places. If you have Dell servers, there are some possible considerations (making sure your Open Manage software is up-to-date) http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/05/windows-2003-service-pack-1-a...

moderated public folder forwarding
Here's the situation: I"ve setup a moderated public folder. I then set a rule for messages that are posted to the public folder (after moderator approval) to be sent to an email address outside our company (like gmail or hotmail). This does not seem to work. It works if I set the rule to forward to an internal email address, but not an external one. I added the external email address as a contact in AD with an SMTP address to gmail, but it won't send there. What could be the problem? On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:17:02 -0700, Leni1 <Leni1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Outlook 2003 permissions error
We use Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Secretary has owner access to another users drafts folder. She creates emails and saves them to the drafts folder. The other person opens the emails and may change some of the text, she hits send and get an error "you do not have sufficient permissions to send this, contact system admin" The error is random. Maybe once a week. I have tried to recreate it but have not succeeded. 9 out of 10m emails will send fine, Has anyone seen this before. Thanks url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1070-1.aspx Make the From field visible ...

Recovering a single public folder store from an external backup media (tape)
Hello to all, Someone from our department accidently deleted a public folder, which was an address book folder, from the only Exchange 2003 server. We only have one public folder store on the server. Unfortunately too long a time has passed until it was realized, and I was unable to simply recover the deleted items using DIR. I have a month old backup of the whole public folder store on tape. I do not want to overwrite the existing store with the old one, however, since the other folders have been updated during this time. Is there any way at all to recover a single public folder from the ba...

Outlook 2003 Archiving
Hi, All I am novice in VBA Outlook programming. I need collect all messages in some Outlook folder (for example, Junk E-mails, Spam, etc.) and add them to archive. I try to use "Archive..." command from File menu, but I want to use it from VBA macro. I can not find any "Archive" keyword in MS Outlook help. Could somebody help me? Andrey Kuzmin Why don't you use the Archive feature in Outlook if you cannot code it yourself? There's no Archive function, the function you'd need is called Move. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook ...

LDAP Error
Hey, I got my exchanger server up and running, but when i tried to set up my outlook 2003, I keep on getting this error message when i try access my address book (LDAP) Title: "Microsoft LDAP Directory" Message: "No such object. Possibly your specified Search Base is invalid." then second message saids; Title: "Microsoft Office Outlook" Message: "The action could not be completed." Please help Thanks It sounds like someone set up a LDAP address book instead of an Outlook Address Book. Check that on the properties of the profile. -- Matthew Ti...

in visio 2003 how can you specify an exact dimension?
I have a step by step instruction book but it's for Visio 2007. I want to do layouts for a building so thought I'd practice on an office layout - my 2003 version doesn't have industrial layout template - there's another question ...... does anyone know how I can get a template for this version? Anyway, back to the original question - in the book it says as a tip that I might need to zoom in to specify exact dimension but it's not clear to me what this means. It seems that I can change the display dimension to 1/4" : 1' for example or other dimensions but,...

2002 or 2003
I am taking a class that uses 2002. If I buy Excel 2003 will there be a great deal of differences? Thanks. Hi Limda! Not a lot of difference. But if you use some statistics functions, you may get different results because Microsoft improved a lot of those functions. You'll also find Help is a lot different (some say worse!) The following link sets out the changes: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010714961033&CTT=98 -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax ...

A problem about International characters in OutLook 2003
Hi I'm in china. I found that OutLook 2003's Chinese Version can read the mail with Japanese subject. But, if I send a email with Chinese subject, our friend can't read the subject with his Japanese version OutLook 2003. Who can tell me the reason? Wei ...

upgrading to outlook 2003 and office 2003
I currently have XP pro and I want to upgrade to office 2003. Does anyone have the easiest setup instructions to follow? Any issues I should know about? Also how can I save my contacts and email from outlook 2002 to import to outlook 2003? Any help please! Joe F When I did the same thing, except I was using Small Business Server Windows 2003 instead of XP, when I went from Office 2002 to Office 2003, most everything got copied along and worked fine in Outlook 2003. It saved all my messages and even my login info which surprised me as I thought I would have to re-enter that. -- Tedd R...

duplicate folders in Outlook 2003
I have looked everywhere for an answer to this... I have been upgrading clients to Outlook 2003 when I do this I have a duplicate Junk email folder that I cannot get rid of ... Please help Try starting Outlook once with the /ResetFolders switch. If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 Also, if you post the procedure you're using to upgrade these clients to Outlook 2003, someone may be able to help you figure out why the extra Junk folder is being created in the first place. -- Jocelyn Fiorello ...

Outlook 2003 archiving problem
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 and was manually archiving all of the folders under my Inbox. All of the folders -- dozens of folders in the directory tree -- archived fine to archive.pst until I got to one and received the error "Error while archiving folder 'Software' in store 'Personal Folders.' A folder by this name already exists." I have googled this group and see many references to this problem but I haven't found an explanation as to what causes this? I did note that I had a similar folder name in the archive.pst that have different upper and lower case spell...

pocket money 2003
I just bought Money 2003 (2 weeks ago, just before 2004 was released). I have also just purchased a Handheld with Pocket PC 2003. I cannot install pocket money, as I get a warning that it can only run on PocketPC 2002. Is there a fix planned, or do I need to upgrade to Money 2004. If I have to upgrade, is there some discount available for the poor schmuck that just bought 2003 Suite. Thanks, Rhys. Take advantage of the Microsoft 30 DMBG. It's a hassle, but it's the best choice I'm aware of. The relevant FAQ provides the information you need in a different context: --- Q): ...

Change one page in publication to landscape orientation
I'm trying to change one page in a multi-page publication to landscape. However, I want the others to remain as portrait orientation. Is this possible? I can't find anything in online Help or on the MS Office website. As a temporary work around, I have just turned the text on the page to look like landscape orienation. DS <DS@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm trying to change one page in a multi-page publication to > landscape. However, I want the others to remain as portrait > orientation. Is this possible? I can't find a...

setting up Free/Busy feature in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know how to set up this feature? Do I need to create a calendar on our server for the information to be stored? I am having problems getting this to work, does anyone have any tips or ideas? ...

Excel 2003-paste
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the paste function ALWAYS match the destination formattting? To use the destination formatting paste values. Edit, paste special, values There is a toolbar icon that you can install: customize, commands, edit, paste values and you might also be interested in installing customize, commands, edit, paste formats (same results as using format painter) You can create a macro and assign it a shortcut key http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm#mykeys --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 200...

Outlook 2003 guide
Can you tell me if and where can i download it? Thanks What are you looking for? There is a help file accessible from Outlook 2003. There's no free "guide" although there are websites like www.slipstick.com and numerous books on Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Frodo" <frdbgNOSPAM@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:2s2r8bF1et...

Email encryption & Outlook 2003?
Is there any type of encryption for email built into Outlook 2003? If not, is there any kind of SIMPLE way to accomplish this. I am not a rookie but not a geek either. I am looking to keep attorney/client communications confidential. Thanks in advance... Bob Bob <none@nobody.net> wrote: > Is there any type of encryption for email built into Outlook 2003? > If not, is there any kind of SIMPLE way to accomplish this. I am not > a rookie but not a geek either. I am looking to keep attorney/client > communications confidential. Outlook contains no built-in encryption. ...

"Unable to open folder. Cannot open the mailbox for this user " Error
All can anyone help with this please. The server is running Exchange 5.5 , the client is Outlook 2000 When a user is trying to access a shared calendar , she gets the message :- "Unable to open > folder. Cannot open the mailbox for this user because the user does not > have a server mailbox" The permissions are set correctly. Thanks Chris Cooper UK ...

how can I load my address book in to Outlook 2003?
Since installiong a new hard drive I find I can't access Outlook, or my Contacts list. I have reinstalled Office 2003 without success. I have also downloaded a free trial version of Office 2009, but the problem remains. You would be more likely to get an answer in an Outlook forum. This one is for Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><&l...

Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003
A few things that I liked about 2002 that I haven't yet figured out how to do in Outlook 2003: Has anyone figured out how to make these work? 1) how do I create a new task or new e-mail with one click from my desktop, like I could with the Office task bar in 2002? 2) How do I run my message rules on my inbox when I am not connected to my work exchange server with my laptop, but instead am collecting e-mails on the same laptop via my home network's internet access to my pop3 accounts and my hotmail account? In 2002, I could access my Hotmail account while "offline"...

upgrade from exchange 2003 standard to enterprise edition
I am going to do this upgrade soon but can't find anything from Microsoft's web site. So I assume it's straight forward, which only modify a few registries and will be no data base converting, so on and so forth. Has anyone done this before? Anything I should be aware of? Thanks very much for all your replies. Best, York It is very straighforward. Insert Enterprise CD, run setup, 5 minutes later the install is complete and you are now at Enterprise. You do need to re-apply any Exchange service packs and hotfixes that have been applied, but that should be it. -- Be...

Can't send mail to mail enabled public folder.
Can't send mail to mail enabled public folder. I created the folder first, then email enabled it. When I try to send a message directly to the address I assigned it I get the message below. What is causing this? Or what am I missing. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Configuration Change Log on 6/23/2005 10:14 AM The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <po10.xxxxxxx.local #5.2.1> It seems like this should ...

Excel 2003
In Excel 2003 is thier a patch that helps with font spacing in graphs? There used to be a patch like this for older versions. When I take excel graphs and try to paste them in documents the spacing is off on titles and footnotes (scrunches together or pulls apart). The graphs I have use Arial font with 8 or 9 pt size. Barb Barb, You might want to consider saving each graph as a picture and then copying that picture into your Word document. To save a graph as a picture, activate the graph by clicking on it and then press the "Shift" key. Then, in the toolbar go to Ed...

exchange 2003/2003
I was unable to mount my mailbox store in exchange 2000 on a 2000 server When I ran the utilty for an integrity check it reported inconsistencies in the database. I then ran the repair utility. When the repair was completed I was able to mount the database. The next day I was back to square one. This utility can take hours to check the integrity and repair the database. I'm talking about the mdb.data, pub1.edb and priv1.edb. I have an exchange 2003 server with exchange 2003 and I attempted to restore client info to the newly configured mailbox store. The restore started and ...