x400 #2

When I create a new mail enabled user in Exchange 2003 the x400 doesn't
appear automatically and the new user can not access OWA or set up the email
in any client.  How do I make that automatically appear?  I can't even seem
to set it up manually.
Thank you for any help.
Kerry

0
kmurphy (4)

Kerry Are you using Exchange active directory users and computers and not the
one for active Directory?

"Kerry Murphy" wrote:

> When I create a new mail enabled user in Exchange 2003 the x400 doesn't
> appear automatically and the new user can not access OWA or set up the email
> in any client.  How do I make that automatically appear?  I can't even seem
> to set it up manually.
> Thank you for any help.
> Kerry

0
JB (195)
11/29/2005 7:57:10 PM
Hi Kerry

It sounds as if there is maybe a problem with your domain Recipient Update
Service (RUS).   To confirm this, have a look at the attribute values for the
newly created mailbox-enabled user and see whether the msExchALObjectVersion
attribute has a value.  You can use ADSIEdit or LDP to do this. If there is
no value for the attribute it means that RUS has not stamped the object with
a number of Exchange-related attributes (including those required for mailbox
access).

To troubleshoot RUS set the logging of the MSExchangeAL categories of the
Exchange server running RUS to medium.  You can set this on the Diagnostics
Logging tab of the server properties in ESM.  The output will be sent to the
application event log the next time RUS runs.

Also check the RUS iteslf (also using ESM) to ensure that the schedule has
been set to "Never".

Tony
www.activedir.org

"Kerry Murphy" wrote:

> When I create a new mail enabled user in Exchange 2003 the x400 doesn't
> appear automatically and the new user can not access OWA or set up the email
> in any client.  How do I make that automatically appear?  I can't even seem
> to set it up manually.
> Thank you for any help.
> Kerry

0
TonyMurray (17)

OR function #2
I have the formula: =IF(Schedule!A2&Schedule!B2<>$A$2&$D$2,"",IF(Schedule!K2>($B$3+23),"",Schedu le!J2)) I want to add OR((Schedule!A2="*"),Schedule!J2) I want to copy the contents of J2 into the cell the formula is in if the top formula OR the bottom formula is true. They don't both have to be true. Joe Joe not sure that I follow your question but the way to use IF and OR is as follows: =IF(OR(cond1, cond2, ...,condn), true_response, false_response) In this case, if Condition 1 or Condition 2 is true (etc) return the true_response, ot...

ProcessShellCommand #2
Hi! It seems that the application is caught into an infinite loop in this process. I couldn't find the reason for that ... Cadu, In addition to strengthening the character and filling up your spare time, single-stepping is what you should do here. This is also generally a good way of learning MFC, to master it, or just to shudder :-) Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Cadu" <cadu@photogenesis.com.br> skrev i meddelandet news:uKSgcX%23XFHA.3032@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > It seems that the application is caught into an infinite loop in this > pr...

Splitting cells #2
I have two sets of data that i would like to put in one cell. Is there anyway i can split the cell diagonally and have one data set above the diagonal line and one below? x/y 1/2 3/4 5/6 something like that? THANKS A LOT Jimmy One way I've seen this being done before is to enter the two digits in two cells, one above the other. Left align the top one and right align the bottom. Adjust the width/height to suit. Colour the cells white and draw a diagonal line using the drawing toolbar. Hope this helps. Andy "Jimmy" <jimmy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0e5101...

Exchange2003 #2
Hello all My company is running SBS2003. We lost delivery of email a few days ago. We download POP3 mail to exchange. The mail sits in a queue till it ndr's. The queue is "messages awaiting directory lookup". What are my otions to resolve this? I tried to restart the SMTP server but that didn't help. Can I delete the default SMTP virtual server and build another? Any help would be appreciated. Lanny ...

Hosted Exchange #2
Hosted Exchange: Hello all and I would like to start this off by saying thank you for your time. I am looking to start up a hosted email service using exchange server. What I am trying to understand is this. How do I configure exchange to host multiple domain accounts for my hosted users? What I first though of doing was to register a domain and start an email service. Then it downed on me that I can offer domain email hosting for small companies that do not current have email hosting that would be more professional and organized, and best of all web based. (I'l...

x400 External Email
Some of our users that don't have a SMTP address have figured out that they can use their x400 address to send and receive external email. Is there a way to block that? We're on Exchange 5.5 Thanks How are they receiving mail from the Internet? If the mail comes into your server through the Internet Mail Service, the message should be in SMTP format thus requiring an SMTP address on the mailbox. Now only having an X.400 does not prevent them from sending Internet mail through the IMS. You can use delivery restrictions on the IMS to control sending outbound mail. I suggest focusi...

Emailing Newsletter #2
All, I've created a newsletter using a Publisher template and I'm happy with it. However, if I'm reading the capabilities correctly, I can only send that newsletter as an attachment and not as an email. I don't want to send it as an attachment. Can anyone suggest any tricks around this format? If not, how about an alternative program? B.D. Bill D. wrote: > All, > > I've created a newsletter using a Publisher template and I'm happy > with it. However, if I'm reading the capabilities correctly, I can > only send that newsletter as an attachment a...

Huge amount of transaction Logs #2
Hi, we have an exchange server 2003 installation and we are getting a huge amount of Tran Logs generated, like 46Gb for 3 days... Any idea where to start looking? thanks Nich Do they get purged when you perform an online backup? Do you have an file level anti-virus software installed on the server?, if you do have you configured it correctly?: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823166 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nich" <nickaquilina@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uA0uiNjfEHA.3320@TK2MSFT...

Deposits #2
Is there a way to do a report to see outstanding deposits. This should match my accounting, since I export to Quickbooks. I just want a way to make sure this liability is accurate - that accounting matches the POS system. No thoughts on this topic? There must be an easy way to get the net amount of deposits that are on hand. I would settle for a SQL statement I can d/l into Excel. If I take the Batch table and get the total of all deposits made and deposits redeemed, I should have the net deposits, right? This should match my accounting liability account for deposits received, right...

UNICODE conversion #2
Hello All I am downloading one file from web having encoding UTF-8 ( Unicode Support ). After downloading , I am reading the file into buffer in CString.But when I saw the buffer I found that there are some unidentified characters ( Looks like empty spaces but not spaces ). I am getting the same buffer though I converted it into UNIOCODE using MultiByteToWideChar. like this MultiByteToWideChar( CP_ACP, 0,str,strlen(str)+1, wszStr,256 ); NOw what can I do to see those unidentified characters ? If not possible , How can I remove those characters ? Thanks in advance. Roland wrote: > But...

Re: data return based on two criteria #2
Hello, Can I use the same formula for the below requirement? Sheet1 Column A - Assembly numbers (numbers repeats) Column B - prepart (numbers repeats) Column C - prepart description (description repeats) Sheet 2 Column A - assembly partnumber Column b1 : Z1 - prepart description I would like to return corresponding prepart number Eg. Data base A B C X 123 aaaaaa Z 123 aaaaaa A1 F002 aaaaaa Z2 F002 aaaaaa C3 456 bbbbbb D2 856 cccccc F2 589 dddddd Result A B C d 1 Assembly aaaaaa bbbbbb cccccc 2 X 123 3 Z 123 4 A1 F002 5 Z2 F002 6 C3 456 7 D2 856 Regar...

Link 2 files
I have 2 files of excel, then I want to somekind of linking both of them, so that I only need to enter the data in a specific column in one file then I can directly get the same data in the other file. Is it possible for me to do it? --Suppose you have data in ColA:J in Book1 Sheet1. --In Book2 Sheet1 cell A1 you enter a value/text which is there is ColA of Book1 Sheet1. --Use the below formula in Book2 Sheet1 cell B1 and copy across as required =VLOOKUP($A1,[Book1]Sheet1!$A:$J,COLUMN(),0) -- Jacob "Rich24" wrote: > I have 2 files of excel, then I want ...

Importing pictures #2
I work for a custom kitchen cabinet shop. We are in the process of creating a catalog of the items that we offer. Everything is going well except that I am not getting consistent results when importing pictures. I have tried every file type available. I get better results using bitmaps as opposed to jpeg but still not consistently good. Any thoughts you have will be appreciated. Thank you, Amy Amiloo wrote: > I work for a custom kitchen cabinet shop. We are in the process of > creating a catalog of the items that we offer. Everything is going > well except t...

OLE Server Busy #2
Hi, I have a client will use OLE Notes extensively. All the notes are on a shared folder on the network. However, even if i point the OLE path to the local drive they would still get the "Server Busy" error if they wait to attach their PDF files too long. Please help! Thanks, Andrianne The answer may be here: http://www.codeguru.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-307834.html -- sunrat "Andi" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a client will use OLE Notes extensively. All the notes are on a > shared folder on the network. However, even if i point the OLE path to &g...

graphs #2
I have been working on an issue with Publisher 2007 and 3D graphs for a while now. I have been given different pieces of advice but ont thing remains...any 3D graph appears to NOT be able to look even halfway decent. I have used the exact same settings between Word and Publisher as far as Font, Chart Type, rotation etc. and NONE of the prints out of Publisher look even remotely good. They always have pixelated edges. Even at full page size which I figured would cure it didn't work. On the other hand, anything I do to a 3D graph in Word comes out nicely. Different sizes, shapes, colors, ...

Money 2005 question #2
Hi, I have used MS Money 2005 for over a year with no problems. I don't use it for any of the more advanced features. I keep track of my credit cards, my checking account is about all that I do, I am on disability with a fixed income. But today I opened it and import a downloaded file, then I tried to write in the check register like I have always done, Money makes a beep (which it has never done before) and then stalls out. After a couple of minutes the blue bar at the top says "Not Responding". It does allow me to click on the red X, and then of course I get the window about ...

NDR 5.2.3 trying to send an attachment
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5886F.39A4DBA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I receive the message in Event ID 3014 (Exchange Transport) after = turning on NDR diagnostic logging when a foreign sender tries to send a = 7MB attachment to various users: A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.2.3 was generated for = recipient <EditedOut> Cause: The message size was large or the local = quota exceeded. For example, remote Exchange user might have delivery = restrictions...

DSUM function #2
Does anyone know anything about this function? I have been everywhere. I can not get it to work. I have tried every formula I can figure out. I even went to the library for the Excel 2003 for Dummies book and they dont even talk about this function. This is part of my homework and if I could just get this figured out without getting #VALUE error or just a 0 or more than what the total should be I would be home free and be able to finish this class. Thanks. -- Too old to be in college I don't profess to know anything else than what I read in Excel help on DSUM so may not be able...

Paper Size #2
I am developing a small company catalog that would use 11-1/2" x 17" paper. Is there a way to set this up on Publisher XP? Thank you, Michael Hi Michael (bronco@sprynet.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I am developing a small company catalog that would use 11-1/2" x 17" || paper. Is there a way to set this up on Publisher XP? || || Thank you, || Michael As long as you have a printer driver setup that can handle that size paper, Microsoft Publisher will allow you to design on that size. You can go to File > Page Setup and go into your printer prop...

Help needed #2
I have two sheets, one contains a list of lot numbers a quantity for each lot number and a model number. In some cases the lot number can have multiple quantities against it, i.e. rows 5 to 16 can all be lot 3, each row has a different quantity but the model number for each lot number stays the same The second sheet is a summary sheet where when you enter a lot number, it a. sumif's the quantities for that lot number into a cell and b. returns the model number for that lot number. I have the sumif sorted, but I can't find which function will return the model number. Can anyone hel...

footers #2
I have been trying to match our companies Word footer using Excel. The problem is we have a line inserted just above the footer text in Word that I cannot recreate in the Excel footer. Inserting the Excel table into Word doesn't seem to be a good option either, as it is difficult to control the look of the spreadsheet. What we have been doing is printing the Word footer and then reprinting the Excel page on the same hard copy page. Does anybody have a better solution? Thanks, Steve Maybe just draw a line on the bottom of each sheet using the Excel Drawing Tools, and then position...

Print deletes email #2
When I choose Print from the file menu the email I want to print deletes and doesn't print. This only happens when the menu is expanded. I can print from the print icon on the toolbar. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Trendline Question- Graph with 2 Y Axis #2
I have a graph which uses a primary & a secondary Y axis. The trendline works fine for the series which uses the primary Y axis, but the series using the secondary Y axis adds a trendline based on the primary Y axis. Am I doing something wrong? thnx If your question had been clear, you probably would have gotten an answer when you previously posted it last Monday. Try giving a more complete description of what you are doing, what is happening, and why you don't like what is happending. Jerry phil6666 wrote: > I have a graph which uses a primary & a secondary Y axis. ...

X400
We are trying to start using x400 for external use. Can someone direct me to a place where I can learn how to set this up correctly for external use ? I'm not sure what you mean by this....will you be routing to other organizations that use x.400? SMTP is the de facto default for internet routing.... "peter k" <petergkozak@hotmail.com(no-spam)> wrote in message news:480B1318-E6BA-45EC-A04D-55A682BF4A52@microsoft.com... > We are trying to start using x400 for external use. Can someone direct me > to > a place where I can learn how to set this up correctly f...

CSpinButtonCtrl #2
Env: WindowsXP, VC+6.00, MFC I need to add some processing just when up/down arrow is clicked. From ClassWazard, the only message I can use is UDN_DELTAPOS. Inside OnDeltaposSpin(), I need to know which button between up or down arrow is clicked because I have to get the position after up or down arrow is clicked(NOT the current position of a spin button control. But I don't know how. Please help. TIA William "William" <port@mx15.freecom.ne.jp> wrote in message news:%23kn$837lHHA.4848@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Env: WindowsXP, VC+6.00, MFC > > I need to a...