Wrong name in Outlook

Hi group

Win 2003, Exc. 2003 sp2 and Outlook 2003.

During creation of a new user, there where a spelling error in the users
name.
The username, display name is changed in AD Users & Computers.
But in Outlook, the name is stille shown wrong.

How do I change this? I know I can export e-mails to .pst file, delete the
mailbox create a new and

0
news8404 (16)

exchange take's the display name from AD, check that property

"Lars" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi group
>
> Win 2003, Exc. 2003 sp2 and Outlook 2003.
>
> During creation of a new user, there where a spelling error in the users
> name.
> The username, display name is changed in AD Users & Computers.
> But in Outlook, the name is stille shown wrong.
>
> How do I change this? I know I can export e-mails to .pst file, delete the
> mailbox create a new and

Integration with Outlook 2002
I understand Outlook 2002 integrates with CRM; however, I cannot promote emails from outlook to CRM. Did I miss a setup? Did you install Sales for Outlook? I've had no trouble with Outlook 2002 (XP?) or 2003 (except for one machine which I finally got going with the help of this news group!) "Larry" <lwmcbride@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1479f01c4450a$50209a80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I understand Outlook 2002 integrates with CRM; however, I > cannot promote emails from outlook to CRM. Did I miss a > setup? ...

Outlook 2007
Hi, Would like to understand a specific function of outlook. We have users connecting to an exchange server using HTTP over RPC via WAN connections. We would like to confirm that when running Outlook ONLINE but WITH Cached mode enabled that when an ALREADY downloaded attachment (message) is opened it is opened from the "Cache" (local database / ost) and NOT over the line. Is this understanding correct? Thanks in advance, George Yes, that's the way Cached Mode works. Any data in the cache is opened = from the cache.=20 What you didn't say is what folder the item ...

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

Macro for listing sheet names
I have this macro (inherited from another user) that will take all the sheet names and put it in a list. My problem is it lists the last sheet first. I need it skip the first sheet which is my master list and then starting with the next sheet put them in order. Sheet1, Sheet2 etc. I know there is something that is telling it what order to compile it, I just don't what. Thanks, cao Sub WorksheetNamesList() Dim wCtr As Long Dim rCtr As Long rCtr = 1 For wCtr = Worksheets.Count To 2 Step -1 rCtr = rCtr + 1 With ActiveSheet.Cells(rCtr, 1) ...

Outlook 2003 outbox hangs
I have a client business that uses Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 for all mail, with no outside mail. Only one user is experiencing this problem. When the user sends an Excel spreadsheet to another user (always the same transfer user 1 to user 2) the mail hangs in the outbox. The user waited once to time it, and 1.5 hours later, it was finally sent. Other times, it sends fine. All other mail sends fine. The only attachment that hangs is this spreadsheet and only to the user that the trouble machine sends to. I've seen fixes for a hanging outbox, but that was usually with mult...

a quoi sert outlook express
Salut tous le monde qui lit ce petit message Voila je d�but sur ce programme et je ne sais pas trop a il sert , et j'ai pas le courage de lire e mode d'emplois car il est un peu �pais . Alors si quelqu'un a le temps de me dire a quoi sert ce programme en quelque mot , ou en 5 mn c'est . Il faut bien un d�but a tout , merci a ceux qui prennent le temps de m'expliquer . A bient�t . ...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Outlook 2002 #234
I believe that Outook 2002 supports multiple email accounts; but, how do I switch from one to another? Use the dropdown next to the Send button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00C15904-7081-4A44-94EE-2290BF617AAD@microsoft.com... >I believe that Outook 2002 supports multiple email accounts; > but, how do I switch from one to another? Russ, I'm sorry, that works for sending from different accounts, but, I'm trying to get the incoming from different accounts! "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outloo...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

outlook 2003 and windows 2003 professional issue
I have a weird issue, I'm trying to setup rpc over https on a remote box. I can get every other pc to work, only difference is? remote box is win2000, all others are xp. what happens, is that when you go into edit email account settings, under connections tab, there is NO "exchange over internet" option or button any where ??? AL Windows 2000 does not support RPC over HTTPS. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furiou...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

Is it possible to synchronize Outlook to Blackberry using Bluetooth?
I have a Blackberry 8700C and am running Office 2003 on Windows XP. I have been able to synchronize my 8700C with Outlook using the USB cable. However, I have not been able to do such a synchronization using Bluetooth. When I use the Bluetooth connection setting software, it connects my 8700C to the computer via port COM40. However, the Desktop Manager software does not have COM40 in its list of possible connections. Thus I have not been able to connect and synchronize via Bluetooth. I artificially made the 8700C connect via COM6, which exists on the Desktop Manager. (The Bluetooth connecti...

Insert defined names in header/footer
Hello group, Is it possible to insert defined names in header or footer? You can insert Doc Variables into header/footer in Word. Since Excel doesn't have Doc Variables, I was hoping I can insert Doc Proproties. But cannot. It seems defined names can't be used in header/footer either. Can anyone please confirm, or provide an alternate? Thank you! You can insert builtin document properties and custom document properties into a header/footer. Requires VBA code. Sub Last_Saved_Footer() 'Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wk...

Help please
I screwed something up and need help big-time. Somehow the default position of the cursor when I start a new document - or Outlook mail message - is in the right center part of the page. In fact, if I even open a document, it's formatted with everything scrunched over to the right. I can backspace and get the cursor to the right and it's not a big problem on documents with simple formatting, but for some complex documents, simply backspacing makes the formatting even worse. HELP PLEASW. -- rpbilleaud For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDo...

outlook message behaviour
I use Outlook 2003. When I open Outlook in "full screen" mode, any new messages which I open go to the background, i.e. open behind the full screen view of the Inbox. I have to minimise the Inbox view to see the open message. Can anyone shed any light on this peculiar behaviour ? Thanks, Mick ...

Outlook 07 with Windows 7
Each time I open Outlook '07 on my computer with Win7 a screen comes up asking if I would like to allow the program to make changes to my computer, if I click yes the program opens up but it changes the screen resolution settings and color management to a point where it looks like it is booted up in 'safe mode' when you close out of Outlook the display settings retunr to normal. Any suggestions?? Did you set outlook to use compatibility mode? Right click on outlook shortcut, choose properties and check the compatibility tab. Also check this on outlook.exe -- ...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

CRM Outlook issue !
CRM directory in Outlook closed by accident, not able to reopen ! By accident i closed the CRM entry in my Outlook 2003. Can't find how to reconnect. Tip is highly appreciated. regards erdona In Outlook select Tools/Email Accounts and select the appropriate account. Click Modify and then Add a new Personal Storage File. The next dialog lets you choose the file format, simply accept the default. Now a File Open dialog is displayed. Select the CRM pst file and you should have added it back. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://...

Outlook 2003 now hangs on startup
I upgraded from office xp professional(2002) to office professional 2003 on my toshiba satellite 1135-s155 laptop running wondows xp home edition. the program was working fine until i tried to "right click" the toolbar and clicked customize. now outlook hangs when i try to start it up. i used the safe mode and it started then i closed the program and did a shutdown and started the computer back up. now it hangs when i try to open outlook. i also did the same upgrade to my desktop running win xp pro and i am not having any trouble there. (purchased the 10 volume license.) ...

Outlook 2010 contact
Hi, Is there any improvement of Outlook 2010 contact? In the previous version, there is only one number can be added as mobile no., Many of my friend have 2 or more mobile no. B/R As before, you can add as many phone numbers as you wish in the Notes section of the contact. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, MSNews asked: | Hi, | | Is there any improvement of Outlook 2010 con...

Emails can be received but not sent from Outlook
Hello; I have searched the threads and haven't found anything yet to help me. This is a little difficult to explain. I am using Outlook on Win2000. I have no problems receiving emails, other than the fact that I receive infected emails a couple times per day. When I try to send an email to someone, it is returned to me as undeliverable. I get the Message Undeliverable message sent to me as soon as it leaves the outbox. I know the email addresses are fine, and I know that my mail servers are set up correctly. It has worked perfectly fine up until a few days ago. I have downloaded stinge...

What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the ...

putting my name at the bottom of calendar, contacts, etc.
how do I personalize my calendar, etc. so I can see my name printed out along with the time, etc. ...

Outlook question #4
A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". Is there a way to disable this box? The program won't complete with the box waiting for an answer Thanks Ping - You should click "No" if you are not expecting a program that you are using to access Outlook. This box is designed to prevent the spread of email-bound viruses. See this URL: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm for ideas on how to deal w/ this in your environment. "Ping&q...