wrong directory access server

Hi,

One of my exchange server(AD child domain A) is pointing to the wrong
directory access server in the properties of the exchange server.
The site in which this exchange server resides contains other two AD domains
B anc C .
For some reasons I see that my exchange server is pointing to the domain
controllers of domains B and C for DS and Global catalog queries.
Can I remove the auto discovery and point to the right domain controllers.Is
this recommended? Any other solution?

--
Vinod Kumar
0

YES - you can headcore the DS Access to point to one direction (one GC/DC)
but it's not RECOMONDED.

The problem is DS Access uses a round robin rule to understand and detect
servers in the network. If you have this problem pointing to another GC -
then you better check your DNS servers first.

Need more info to help you.

Regards,
Ruwan Dissanayake

"Vinod" <Vinod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> One of my exchange server(AD child domain A) is pointing to the wrong
> directory access server in the properties of the exchange server.
> The site in which this exchange server resides contains other two AD
> domains
> B anc C .
> For some reasons I see that my exchange server is pointing to the domain
> controllers of domains B and C for DS and Global catalog queries.
> Can I remove the auto discovery and point to the right domain
> controllers.Is
> this recommended? Any other solution?
>
> --
> Vinod Kumar

0
ruwan (6)

2nd Exchange server online
Hi all, I know this topic has been discussed many times. I'm running Exchange 2003 and I want to be able to setup another exchange 2003 online which is almost in sync with the production exchange server. This way if disaster strikes (eg: hardware, db corruption, os corruption), I have another server ready to be connected to network without restoring and minimal downtime as well. To do this, clustering will be the only choice. However, I was thinking of another method. What if I setup another identical network beside my production network on a different subnet which it does not interfer ...

Problems accessing office files
I operate a small office network with a desktop and laptop both running Vista Business. The network includes a DNS-323 NAS drive connected via a Netgear DGFV338 router. The NAs is configured in RAID1 format with two identical Seagate hard drives. The network was set up in September 2007 and ran fine until mid December 2009 when I began to have problems accessing files on the NAS drive. When trying to open a Word, Excel or saved email file I get the "File In Use" message saying the files is locked for editing by "another user" even though it is not open elsew...

Membership Directory Office 2007
I need to create a club membership directory with Access 2007 and either Word 2007 or Publisher 2007. I have a database created in Access. Now what? Read this tutorial, Publisher's catalogue merge is ideal for directories. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP101921831033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Armymom" <Armymom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57FCB6CA-966E-4DF4-9A2F-769050D84F12@microsoft.com... >I need to create a club membership directory with Access 2007 and either Word > 2007 or Publisher 2007. I have a databa...

Mobile Access
When I try to reach our mobile access by typing http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... A system error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks, Jose What is "oma" supposed to be? "Jose Alfaro" <ja@mkrs.com> wrote in message news:2cfc01c3fcaa$2e5247d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to reach our mobile access by typing > http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... > > A system error has occurred while processing your > request. Please...

Whats wrong with this formula?????
First of all, I want to thank you guys, you are great!! I have this formula in a cel, and as soon as I add the last line, it comes up saying my formula has an error. =IF(AND(C3=0,C11=1),C7+(I7*2), IF(AND(C3=1,C11=1),L2+(I7*2), IF(AND(C3=0,C11=2),C7+(I7*2), IF(AND(C3=2,C11=2),L2+(I7*2), IF(AND(C3=0,C11=4),C7+(I7*2), IF(AND(C3=4,C11=4),L2*2+(I7*2), IF(AND(C3=0,C11=44),C7+(I7*2), IF(AND(C3=44,C11=44),c7+(i7*2)))))))) am I past the amount of formulas, or characters I am allowed to use? Jen You have exceeded the maximum number of nested IF functions, 7. Plus I think you have more arguments t...

Can't access any Newgroups
I'm running Win 7 OS, on a new Acer laptop with 3 GB RAM, MBAM, SAS, Spyware Doctor with AV. I'm currently in another state and just was able to finally get my WLM mail working for the 2 accounts I have. Now when I try to sign up to newsgroups WLM attempts to generate a list of newsgroups but keeps failing saying `Cannot connect to newgroups and that there's something wrong with my WL mail account. But I can sign into Live just fine. Perhaps I'm not connected to the right server port (I had this problem when I tried to read and send mail). Any suggestions for ...

Is it possible to use Outlook Web Access account via Outlook (PC Access)?
Is it possible to use Outlook Web Access account via Outlook (PC Access)? "JethroUK´┐Ż" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:OMnXBVypJHA.4372@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to use Outlook Web Access account via Outlook (PC Access)? Outlook Web Access is a web-based method for accessing an Exchange mailbox. Outlook Web Access requires Exchange because it's part of Exchange. There really is no such thing an an "Outlook Web Access account". It is an Exchange account. You don't set up accounts in OWA. Outlook is a PC-based client used for...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

how can i print a directory of files in a folder
used to could go to "other shortcuts" in outlook and then to any folder on any harddrive and print the directory. Browsing the file system is no longer possible current releases of Outlook. If you want to print a list of folders see; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272623 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AnnetteW" <AnnetteW@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Problem editing Access 2000 db in 2002
We have a db which we converted from 2000 to 2002 and then edited a query. It then shutdown Access and left the .ldb file. Is there a problem editing queries created in earlier versions of Access? I assume you mean that Access shut down abnormally (crashed), which is why it dod not clean up the ldb file as it normally did. Take a look at: Access Quits Unexpectedly When You Run a Query at: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319491 The article explains that Name AutoCorrect can cause this problem. Actually it's just one of many caused by this misfeature: http://members.iin...

removing a form that is in the "mailbox
hello... i need to remove an accidently published form from the root directory of the exchange mailbox i have exchange 2000 mailbox and three forms published in the administrator account root folder... how can i delete them please? From memory... Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Manage Forms | and then Manage one more time. "avi" <avielsh@port-soft.com> wrote in message news:0a9101c355c2$545ea110$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hello... > i need to remove an accidently published form from the > root directory of the exchange mailbox > i have exchange 2...

Export fixed width file from Access 2003
Hi everyone ! I'm using Access 2003. I'm trying to export an Access table in to a fixed width text file through VBA as follows: DoCmd.TransferText acExportFixed, "GROUP_SPEC", "TempGroup", strFileNameAndPath "GROUP_SPEC" is the name of the fixed width specification and is very much valid and so are the rest of the arguments, but I'm getting the following error: 3027 : Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. Can anyone please help me out ? thanks. -- Sreedhar If you are certain all arguements are valid, is it possib...

Removing the last 5.5 server
I think I may have cross-posted, if I so, I apologize. While following KB article 822450, I receive the following warning on the old 5.5 server when trying to remove my last and only 5.5 server through Exchange Administrator program: "There are 2 mailboxes and gateways on this server. All these gateways will be deleted. All mailboxes and their contents will also be deleted. Are you sure...without first moving the mailboxes." I have already moved all mailboxes, created a new IMS on the new EX2K3 server and removed the IMC from the old 5.5. The only mailbox left on the 5.5 ser...

Inbox Message Count Wrong
My Inbox shows 1 unread message when in reality theere are no unread messages. I ran scanpst and it did not correct the problem. I deleted all messages in the timeframe that I first saw the wrong message count and that did not fix the problem either. I am running W2K Professional and Outlook 2000. Any ideas? ...

Give us a Ribbon with tools we can use to make accessible document
I have spent the last year training our employees to use the toolbar Microsoft *should* have created for Word 2003 -- one that features all the commands needed to create an accessible document and none of the commands that lead you away from creating an accessible document. Ironically, these commands are also essential to understanding the power of Word and using it as a 21st-century word processor, not the electronic equivalent of safety scissors, construction paper, a pot of paste, and an 8-pack of crayons. (That description fits the buttons featured on Microsoft's default ...

after entering certain number of times wrong password file can cur
Dear can is it possible than any office file that have password can currupt after entering certain number of times wrong password? Rao Ratan Singh AFAIK, no. In article <1F261606-3642-40CC-BF87-71467FD98512@microsoft.com>, Rao Ratan Singh <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Dear > can is it possible than any office file that have password can currupt after > entering certain number of times wrong password? > > Rao Ratan Singh ...

shared NoteBook on an ISP server
Hi Can I share a noteBook so that me and another person in a remote location "different city" can work on it at the same time? if so, what is needed and how? many thx -- samjesse Hi there. this is fairly easy to do with DROPBOX. Just install the application and all your data in the designated folder will be replicated to your dropbox in the cloud. you can then have another user install the dropbox too and sync to his/her account. this way both people are using the same file and changes are automatically sync'ed. hope this helps. arturelis -...

Wrong dictionary
To all I seem to have a slight problem with my spell checker in Outlook 2000. I selected my English (Canada) dictionary but for some reason it always uses the US (English) dictionary. I check word and it uses the correct one. Even if I switch dictionaries it still always uses the US one. Any idea what is going on? Shawn ...

Import excel to access 08-05-03
Since upgrading to OfficeXP my usual import of excel files to access (for reporting purposes) is not importing all product codes. The codes are a mix of alpha- numeric. I have tried making them "text" in excel before importing, which did bring the numeric codes across but left the alph-numeric mix blank. Can anyone help? Since Excel is not a database, using "mixed" data types in a column causes a problem when Access has to "guess" which one to use. Access examines the first 15 rows (or so) and makes a guess. If you want to "force" Access to guess...

Email going to wrong user
I have a few users who are getting email not addressed to them. For example JDoe@mydomain.com is receiving email that has a bogus username in the "To:" field (email2000@mydomain.com). Does any expert out there have a suggestion as to how this is possible or how it can be blocked? Thanks, Andy On Fri, 20 May 2005 09:25:54 -0600, "Joseph Teller" <andrewmay@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have a few users who are getting email not addressed to them. For example >JDoe@mydomain.com is receiving email that has a bogus username in the "To:" >field ...

wrong font
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when i choose a font from the list, another font will appear in the document. anyone recognize this issue? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004B_01CABBEF.D0AAC1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Could it be that the font you selected doesn't support the characters = you are typing? For example, you could be typing latin characters while = the style only supports cyrillic characters. In such a case, ...

Exchange Server running out of HD space
We have a Windows 2003 standard server that Exchange 2003 standard is running on. It has 2 partition c: 4 gb and d: 29 gb. The os is on C and Exchange is on d. The problem that I have is that C drive has only 200mb left but exchange is runnng fine. 1. What is the best way to handle this situation without having to purchase a new server? 2. Is there a way to backup everything and repartition the drives and than do a restore? Would this be the best solution? Any help would be great. Thanks have you tried moving the pagefile to d as a quick fix "Rob Rudisill" wrote: > We ha...

move to folder rule sends to wrong folder
I use outlook 2003 to download mail from 5 pop3 accounts. I have 5 rules setup, each examines the account the mail came from and then routes it to the appropriate folder under my inbox. (a folder exists for each account). 4 of the rules work perfectly fine but one insists on reverting so that it points to the first folder (alphabetically) when i hit apply. as an example... account1 -> folder1 account2 -> folder2 account3 -> folder1 ... this should point to folder3 account4 -> folder4 account5 -> folder5 I've tried deleting the folder and rule, however as soon as...

Access 2003
Hello, I have a memo field in a data entry form, which is extracted by query to a report. The problem I have is that not all of the data appears in the report. It is set to "can grow", but the area assigned in the report has plenty of room for the contents of the memo field. Any help would be much appreciated. Abay See: Truncation of Memo fields at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "A...