wrong directory access server

Hi,

One of my exchange server(AD child domain A) is pointing to the wrong
directory access server in the properties of the exchange server.
The site in which this exchange server resides contains other two AD domains
B anc C .
For some reasons I see that my exchange server is pointing to the domain
controllers of domains B and C for DS and Global catalog queries.
Can I remove the auto discovery and point to the right domain controllers.Is
this recommended? Any other solution?

--
Vinod Kumar
0

YES - you can headcore the DS Access to point to one direction (one GC/DC)
but it's not RECOMONDED.

The problem is DS Access uses a round robin rule to understand and detect
servers in the network. If you have this problem pointing to another GC -
then you better check your DNS servers first.

Need more info to help you.

Regards,
Ruwan Dissanayake

"Vinod" <Vinod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> One of my exchange server(AD child domain A) is pointing to the wrong
> directory access server in the properties of the exchange server.
> The site in which this exchange server resides contains other two AD
> domains
> B anc C .
> For some reasons I see that my exchange server is pointing to the domain
> controllers of domains B and C for DS and Global catalog queries.
> Can I remove the auto discovery and point to the right domain
> controllers.Is
> this recommended? Any other solution?
>
> --
> Vinod Kumar

0
ruwan (6)

shared NoteBook on an ISP server
Hi Can I share a noteBook so that me and another person in a remote location "different city" can work on it at the same time? if so, what is needed and how? many thx -- samjesse Hi there. this is fairly easy to do with DROPBOX. Just install the application and all your data in the designated folder will be replicated to your dropbox in the cloud. you can then have another user install the dropbox too and sync to his/her account. this way both people are using the same file and changes are automatically sync'ed. hope this helps. arturelis -...

wrong email address sends
How do I make Outlook send the correct email address and not a business account that I do not want going out with my messages I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly -- are you asking how to force Outlook to send messages through one account rather than another? If so, I need some more information from you before I can answer: What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". ...

Restricting Access to Certain Information
I’m creating a database for budgeting purposes and because I don’t want budgeting managers to see the salaries for other departments, I’d like to restrict access. I have essentially created 3 tables: The first is a table that has the following fields: Table #1: Departments DepartmentID (key) Department Name (Text) Table #2: Salaries EmployeeID (key) EmployeeName (Text) Salary (number) DepartmentID (lookup from Table #1) Budgeting Manager (yes/no) Table #3: Expenses ExpenseID (key) DepartmentID (lookup from Table #1) AnnualBudget (number) I’d like ...

Problems accessing office files
I operate a small office network with a desktop and laptop both running Vista Business. The network includes a DNS-323 NAS drive connected via a Netgear DGFV338 router. The NAs is configured in RAID1 format with two identical Seagate hard drives. The network was set up in September 2007 and ran fine until mid December 2009 when I began to have problems accessing files on the NAS drive. When trying to open a Word, Excel or saved email file I get the "File In Use" message saying the files is locked for editing by "another user" even though it is not open elsew...

Emails shown with wrong date in overview-screen?
hello NG, i have the following problem: i have made a constellation of folders in witch i sort my incoming and outgoing mail to. now i have found the following phaenomenon: in one of these folders i see a bunch of mail (sent by myself) witch all seem to be sent on the same date, 15. december 2004. but in reality this is the wrong date, they have been sent over a long period reaching back even until 2001. if i doubleklick on the mail and view it the correct date is shown. only in the "overview-screen" where all the mails are listed, the date is shown wrong. what can i do about ...

Can someone give me the outlook express server details for other good Apple users newsgroups?
I'm looking for the servers etc, thanks in advance ...

Last access to a users Mailbox
Hi, I want to see the latest access to a users access to his exchange mailbox. In the system manager, i can see the latest access, is there a possibility to see the for example last three accesses. Thanks in advance! Oliver Not without some sort of 3rd party monitoring solution. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "drgoebel" <drgoebel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E6FB13-231B-4188-A2BB-AC8692ACDDF6@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to see the latest access to a users access to his exchange mailbox. > In the system manager, i can see the latest...

What wrong with sumproduct function?
I would like to sum all numbers, which match following conditions, =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402),(C$1816:C$2400<0),(C$1816:C$2400)) press ctrl + shift + enter but it returns zero, and I have checked it, zero should not be the result. Does anyone have any suggestions what wrong with sumproduct function? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric 1. Sumproduct is not an array function. Use Enter, not Ctrl-Shift-Enter. 2. You must convert false/trues to numbers. One way: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$1816:$B$2400=$A2402)*(C$1816:C$2400<0)*(C$1816:C$2400)) Regards, Fred "E...

Recover Exchange 2000 Server
I need to do a job tomorrow and could really use some input :-) Anyway if your still reading I would like to ask if anybody had any ideas on restoring Exchange 2000 to a new Windows 2000 installation on the same server. A proper backup should by the way BE present! Anyways is it really as easy as installing Exchange 2000 on the new server and then, provided the domain and machine-name are the same, just restore the Mailstore from backup? Would be great if it were! ;-) Anyways hope you can help me out here.... thanks! Sol http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326052 On 13 Sep 2004 14:44:01 -...

Remote DB Access for Store Operations
I have poured over previous questions on this topic but have not found the specific setup instructions. I already understand this is an unsupported configuration and that it will run slowly through a VPN due to the volume of database communication activity. That being said...here is my question: I need to add thousands of descriptions and images that will sync to our new web storefront from our RMS terminal. This is clearly more efficient to do on another computer other than the POS terminal. We have a secure VPN connection in place already to the POS terminal. When we setup an ODBC se...

Can't access appdata
Just did a fresh new install of Windows 7 ( again! ). Trying to get into the folder where my mail folders are so I can copy and paste. Need to get to "Users" "My name" and than "AppData". AppData does not show in the list of available folders. I have windows set so there are NO hidden folders. Any suggestions? "Slaz" <theslaz@test.net> wrote in message news:srdPm.53471$Db2.36273@edtnps83... > Just did a fresh new install of Windows 7 ( again! ). Trying to get into > the folder where my mail folders are so I can copy and past...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

Help please
I screwed something up and need help big-time. Somehow the default position of the cursor when I start a new document - or Outlook mail message - is in the right center part of the page. In fact, if I even open a document, it's formatted with everything scrunched over to the right. I can backspace and get the cursor to the right and it's not a big problem on documents with simple formatting, but for some complex documents, simply backspacing makes the formatting even worse. HELP PLEASW. -- rpbilleaud For a start, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDo...

Removing a Server from a Domain
I have an old 1.2 test server that's connected to our domain. I didn't setup this server and no one has used it in 8 months. Can I just unplug it from the domain/network? Thanks James Yes, if you're sure that the machine isn't being used for anything else (e.g. SQL, file server). CRM 1.2 also did quite a few things to Active Directory- lots of nested groups - so you may want to clean that up as well, if you haven't already done so. And It also used SQL replication to synchronize with clients, so if you don't want to use replication, you should consider cleaning...

Problems with using/converting Access 2002 to Access 2007
After upgrading a few PC to Office 2007 and then attempting to use or convert a 2002 Access database, some of the SQL queries are no longer able to understand the defined filter values and instead are pop/displaying a dialog box requesting the value. Since this only occurs with 2007, we are wondering if there is something we can do to make the migration from 2002 to 2007 seamless? Since our Access database are designed with an attempt to keep the database operations as simple as possible. I'm of the opinion that Microsoft must be aware of this issue and may have a built ...

What's going wrong in Outlook 2003?
Hello, When I installed the new Office 2003, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. I received and send mails whenever I want. A few days later, I get a message from outlook that Outlook could not make a connection with the server of my provider to get my mail on my computerb (I didn't change any settings!). I checked all my settings and there are good (I checked the mailserversettings, ports, etc) but the result is still the same: Outlook cannot make a connection with the mailserver. After that, I called my provider to ask them what to do. They told me that I must remove all the ...

Linking parameter query from Access to pivot table in Excel
I am trying to link an Access query that prompts for several criteria to an Excel pivot table. When I refresh the pivot table, I want it to open the database and run the query to update the data in the pivot table automatically. When I try to link to the data source, when I get to the end of the "Query Wizard", it gives me the error of "Not enough parameters. Expected 4". But it never prompts me for the parameters. Please help. Is there a setting I need to change or do I link the query differently to avoid "Microsoft Query" tool? You can't cr...

Cannot Open Publisher 2002 file because of file access priviledges
Everytime I try to open a Publisher 2002 file I created last week, a dialog window with the following error messages appears: "The file C:\ ...\filename.pub cannot be opened. Access privileges have not been given." I don't recall setting any access privileges to this file. Any ideas on how to open it? -- Kathy ...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

What Am I Doing Wrong?
The application I'm modifying is a fairly standard example of an MFC MDI app. There are several CToolBars created in MainFrm.cpp. The code to respond to the buttons on these toolbars is in the View.cpp file. One of these toolbars I modified to contain a slider. I derived a new class, CViewToolBar, from CToolBar and modified it to have a slider. I'm having problems with two major things: the correct way to include the new class information so that MainFrm knows about it to create the new toolbar, and how to get the view to respond to WM_HSCROLL messages from the slider. I had ...

Recurring split bills download wrong!
Money 2004: I have recurring bills with estimated amounts and splits. When I change the amount/splits and submit for payment, the check is being handled just fine through MSN Bill Pay. When I download the consummated transaction from Wells Fargo, however, Money is pulling in my ESTIMATED splits instead of my ACTUAL splits for that payment. Hence the splits never match the actual payment amount, and I get a warning. What a pain. This problem started when I switched from Wells Fargo bill pay to MSN. As I see it, though, it's Money's job to keep track of the splits internally, t...

Moving Servers: EXCH2000
Heya Folks. It's late in the US, and I've got a quick question to keep you up all night: Facts: 10 Server site, with one Exch 2000 server (SP2, all working nicely, and happy where it is). Scenario: Load on exchange on secondary applications is too high, and we need to move exchnage off the box, and onto a new server. The secondary applications cannot be moved for long, boring reasons! Help: I need to move the Exchange from SATLAPP01 (for example) to SATLAPP02. Do I create a second server, same "first Site etc" name and just move the mailboxes, wait for AD to replic...

AD connector and directory replication question
We're running Exchange 5.5 and have an external site running Exchange 2000 pushing and pulling GAL information to our site using their AD connector. We want to be able to send Outlook meeting invitations to each other and understand that in order to do this must allow the messages to be sent in Rich Text. My question is that is there a way to have the external site push their address list to us, and have the "Allow Rich Text in messages" option checked by default? (seems that when we receive their address list the users are imported as custom recipients without this item checke...