Word as a Text Processor in Outlook w/ Exchange

Hi!

Sice I set up a new Microsoft Exchange Server account in my Outlook 2003
SP2, I can't use any more Word as a text processor to write my e-mails.

I only have the HTML option.

So I don't have the nice Word feature (real time spell checking, etc.). Too
bad...

Any idea? Is there something I missed to set up on the Exchange Server?

Help appreciated.

Nicolas

0
macarez (122)

Check from within Outlook. Tools/Options/Mail Format and make sure you have
the option to use "Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit my email messages"
checked.

"Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Sice I set up a new Microsoft Exchange Server account in my Outlook 2003
> SP2, I can't use any more Word as a text processor to write my e-mails.
>
> I only have the HTML option.
>
> So I don't have the nice Word feature (real time spell checking, etc.).
> Too
> bad...
>
> Any idea? Is there something I missed to set up on the Exchange Server?
>
> Help appreciated.
>
> Nicolas

0
allen.miyake (137)
3/27/2006 9:47:01 PM
I did check this option: the two ckeckbox underneath Message format are
unavalaible (grayed).
Can't figure out why....
Regards
Nicolas

"AllenM" <allen.miyake@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Check from within Outlook. Tools/Options/Mail Format and make sure you
have
> the option to use "Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit my email messages"
> checked.
>

> "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > Sice I set up a new Microsoft Exchange Server account in my Outlook 2003
> > SP2, I can't use any more Word as a text processor to write my e-mails.
> >
> > I only have the HTML option.
> >
> > So I don't have the nice Word feature (real time spell checking, etc.).
> > Too
> > bad...
> >
> > Any idea? Is there something I missed to set up on the Exchange Server?
> >
> > Help appreciated.
> >
> > Nicolas

0
macarez (122)
3/28/2006 6:44:44 AM

In news:O0wXZMjUGHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Nicolas Macarez <macarez@free.fr> typed:
> I did check this option: the two ckeckbox underneath Message format
> are unavalaible (grayed).
> Can't figure out why....
> Regards
> Nicolas

If you're using a different version of Outlook than of Word, that might
explain it. The versions have to match in order to do this and many other
things. Personally, I always disable Word as e-mail editor anyway.

> "AllenM" <allen.miyake@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Check from within Outlook. Tools/Options/Mail Format and make sure
>> you have the option to use "Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit my
>> email messages" checked.
>>

>> "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Sice I set up a new Microsoft Exchange Server account in my Outlook
>>> 2003 SP2, I can't use any more Word as a text processor to write my
>>> e-mails.
>>>
>>> I only have the HTML option.
>>>
>>> So I don't have the nice Word feature (real time spell checking,
>>> etc.). Too
>>> bad...
>>>
>>> Any idea? Is there something I missed to set up on the Exchange
>>> Server?
>>>
>>> Help appreciated.
>>>
>>> Nicolas

0
lanwench (7567)
3/28/2006 6:42:48 PM
Yes, you're right (once again). the versions are different : Word 2002 and
Office 2003.

OK, I'll fix that...
Regards
NIcolas

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:O0wXZMjUGHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Nicolas Macarez <macarez@free.fr> typed:
> > I did check this option: the two ckeckbox underneath Message format
> > are unavalaible (grayed).
> > Can't figure out why....
> > Regards
> > Nicolas
>
> If you're using a different version of Outlook than of Word, that might
> explain it. The versions have to match in order to do this and many other
> things. Personally, I always disable Word as e-mail editor anyway.
> >

> > "AllenM" <allen.miyake@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Check from within Outlook. Tools/Options/Mail Format and make sure
> >> you have the option to use "Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit my
> >> email messages" checked.
> >>

> >> "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message

0
macarez (122)

Troubleshooting Outlook Syncronisation (Online Client)
Hi, Is there a way to troubleshoot the syncronisation from a Outlook Online Client ? es. Log Files ? Thanks ok, I found this : Server: http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/archive/2006/02/23/538140.aspx Outlook Client: http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/archive/2006/02/24/538150.aspx "MV" <MV@MV.MV> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u4IC$YXXGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, Is there a way to troubleshoot the syncronisation from a Outlook > Online Client ? es. Log Files ? Thanks > ...

Exchange 2003/Deleting User Account/Email Accounts
Using Exchange 2003 (AD) on Windows 2000, yes 2000, I want to delete email accounts for terminated employees. What is the best way to do that? Our backups keep failing because I have disabled the accounts, but now I want to delete them entirely. Thanks for the help, as always, MG your backups should not be failing because you've disabled accounts...are you doing BLB backups? to delete the mailboxes, in the ESM, select the appropriate mailboxes, do a right-click, select Exchange Tasks, then select "delete mailbox"... "MG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Printing WORD docs from a form

Outlook 2003, corrupt DRAFTS folder
Somehow Ive managed to corrupt the DRAFTS folder. When I attempt to open it, I get the following message: Unable to display the folder. When I try to view the properties I get this message: DRAFTS PROPERTIES - ADMINISTRATION Views assoicated with this folder could not be retrieved. I have tried to detect and repair, uninstall and reinstall, recreate my profile, even registry hacks to try to kill the folder. None of which have worked. Anyone have any ideas? Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /ResetFolders (note the space between ".exe" and "/ResetFolder...

Syncronizing desktop/laptop both with outlook 2000
Hi; I have my Outlook setup on my main desktop. I have a pop3 server that i get my email from. now since i do not have exchange server nor do i need it...im trying to figure out how i can synchronize my laptop and my desktop outlook programs. basicaly, i have a pda that synchronizes with my outlook...is their a tool that will do the same thing between 2 outlook clients? Thanks Adam Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

Date To Text
Hello All, It sounds like a simple thing, but I am having a nightmare trying to find an easy way to take a formated date field and put it into a Text field in the same format. For example the date format shows 01/05/2003 if I paste that into a Text field then I just get the date serial number. If I use a macro like : day(a1)&"/"&month(a1)&"/"&year(a1) then I get 1/5/2003 Any ideas on how to get 01/05/2003 in the text field? Many thanks in advance. Best Regards, Derek =TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yyyy") -- HTH Bob Phillips "Derek Timothy" ...

Outlook Calender body no HTML (RichEdit control??? RTF or Plaintex
We have a problem showing a HTML body in an Accept / Reject mail message. I have read on a forum that a HTML body is not supported because the calender responses are shown using the "RichEdit" control in Outlook. This control can only show RTF or plaintext. When I view the source of the message in Outlook 2007 I see a comment line stating a transformation from the original body to a RTF body. I am unable to find this in the MSDN documentation, can someone tell me if I'm correct? Paul van de Louw;109289 Wrote: > We have a problem showing a HTML body in an A...

Outlook #42
When Outlook 2000 Sends/Receives mail, I sporadically receive the following message - Outlook has generated errors and has been closed by Windows. You will need to restart the application. An error log has been created. It's not on any specific E-mail message. Outlook will sometimes download all E-mail successfully, and at other times encounter this error when attempting to download E- mail from the mail server. Haven't been able to locate the mentioned error log. Nothing is entered in the System Event Log (Windows 2000 Pro OS). Thanks, Mark ...

Exchange Only mail not going.
Server = 2003 Std Exchange = 2003 Std Clients using SMTP & POP to/from various ISP's, Exchange is the central archive for company. But will eventually be ONLY email. Email addressed via Exchange goes nowhere. Some sit in X400 queue, others just vanish. Email from Administrator account. (No SMTP to ISP, ONLY an Exchange account) just vanishes. Not on any queue, but Outlook claims it was sent. Email To Administrator From Administrator using X400 address vanishes Email To Administrator From Administrator using SMTP address vanishes. Email To working client From Administrator using X400 o...

Autotext Available in Outlook?
Is Autotext available in Outlook 2003? In the last email client I was using I could create Autotext "shortcuts" for common phrases that I use frequently. For example, I had created several "signoffs", as they can vary so much from message to message, it's not practical to build them into signatures. Following are a few examples: kr = Kind regards, br = Best regards aml = All my love ld = Love, Dad And so on. When finishing an email message, depending of course on whom the recipient was, I could just type one of the above Autotext shortcuts followed immediately by ...

How do I change default font size for inserting text in ppt 07
Every time I add a text box to a page, it comes in ariel 54pt. HUGE! I want to reset the default to somethng like 24pt. How do I do this? PPT2007 Hi Set a text box the way you want it then right click -> set as default text box. Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "PAH555" <PAH555@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:501FF5A2-344F-4298-BF8D-1FD903341235@microsoft.com... > Every time I add a text box to a page, it comes in ariel 54pt. HUGE! I > want > to reset the defa...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Outlook 2002 moving recipient from "to" to "Cc" field when sending.
I can't find anything on technet! Here's the deal though and this happens on all PC's running Office XP here. When I type in "CO", the alias for one of our users, the email will then resolve to "Christine Outler" which is underlined with a broken line. No big deal, it resolved right? Nope! When I send the message, instead of sending to that recipient, it copies them instead. Checking the email in the "sent items" folder shows no "to" field because it was only copied to them. What does this broken underline mean? and how can I fix it? ...

concatenate text and date
when I concatenate a text field & " "&date field it's displaying the text fine but displaying the date in serial number e.g. location and date 01/01/2001 becomes location and 19283 How can I maintain the date format? ="Text " & text(now(),"mm/dd/yyyy") Replace now() with your date and mm/dd/yyyy with the formatting you desire http://HelpExcel.com "Tara Keane" wrote: > when I concatenate a text field & " "&date field it's displaying the text > fine but displaying the date in serial number > e.g. locat...

Losing e-mail content Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2000
I lost randomly some of my users e-mail content, they still have the subject/headers, but there's no more e-mail content and attachements are also "0kb" so useless after that. I don't known what's going on since it's happening randomly... they are mostly older e-mails... but some are almost new. It's running on a Windows 2000 server, sp4 and Exchange 2000 I think on SP3. ( I'll have to check to be sure. ) Anyone can helo me on this ? I really need to resolve this issue... In news:0E257817-F755-44BB-B460-F3599B06356E@microsoft.com, Maxime F. <Max...

Cell text not displaying (Excel 2003)
I'm having a problem with Excel. Some cell text is not being displayed. However, the text does display in the formula box if you select one of the "bad" cells. The files that do this are on a network share and work fine on my other computer. I've uninstalled and re-installed Office and the problem won't go away. I also tried copying the files over to the computer in question and that didn't help, either. If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks! Chad Try this: Copy a cell that is displaying. Select the cells that are not displayin...

Unabel to Delete Mail From Outlook 98 In- Box
Subject: Deleting Mail From Outlook 98 In-Box From: "Barry J. Koffman" <baryjkoffman@bpiplus.com> Sent: 8/16/2003 8:05:50 PM I am running Outlook 98 on XP Home Edition. It has run fine until August 7th 2003. I elected to do the updates form XP and after that date I have been unable to delete e-mails in my inbox. I have also not been able to sync by my PDA. I receivew an error message that I have an interface error and to restart Outlook - This does not solve the problem. I have tried to reset the dates to previous dates before the changes but I can not...

Encoded Word Documents

Where are my saved word?

Is full-text catalog needed?
I recently upgraded our SQL server that hosts CRM from 2000 to 2005 and I was getting errors whenever trying to do a full database backup of of the MSCRM database. It was erroring out on the Full-Text catalog. I got around this error by changing my backup from a full "database" backup to a full "File or Filegroup" backup and excluding the full-text catalog. I then learned that I could enable full-text indexing in order to stop getting errors on the full database backup. My question is, do I need to have full-text catalog enabled? We dont use KB articles. And what i...

Outlook 2007 Export w/ Date
We have a need to print a list of e-mails from Outlook 2007, so we can make comments on each of them. The export seemed to be a perfect fit for this, because we could bring it into Excel, and type our notes. However the export does not include the date field. That's crazy. That's one of the main pieces. Is there any way at all to export this data and include the dates? Thanks, Jesse http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_data.htm - if you need the message body, add the message field to the view and copy and paste. Note that it works best if don't need the body - or at...