Within domain mail going to Junk Email on some users?

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook
is.

When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes
directly to the recipient's junk email folder?

Any thoughts as to why?  No Rules are causing it that I can see...

Thanks!

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:01:02 -0800, "Ken Montgomery"
<KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook
>is.
>
>When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes
>directly to the recipient's junk email folder?
>
>Any thoughts as to why?  No Rules are causing it that I can see...
>
>Thanks!
If it's internal mail then it won't be a rule. Check the clients,
they've possibly done something by accident and set certain users to
be blocked.
0
mark7219 (5667)
1/5/2006 2:17:08 PM
Hi Mark, thanks for the response so quickly, I checked the clients, no rules
on them for junk email, senders not in blocked sender list... any other
thoughts?

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:01:02 -0800, "Ken Montgomery"
> <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Everyone,
> >
> >I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook
> >is.
> >
> >When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes
> >directly to the recipient's junk email folder?
> >
> >Any thoughts as to why?  No Rules are causing it that I can see...
> >
> >Thanks!
> If it's internal mail then it won't be a rule. Check the clients,
> they've possibly done something by accident and set certain users to
> be blocked.

Can't think of anything server side (it's a single server, right?)
that would do this.
Did you also post this into the Outlook group? They sometimes drop by
here but you'd need to post in their groups to be sure of it being
picked up.
0
mark7219 (5667)
1/5/2006 4:51:54 PM
Maybe it's the subject lines?

> Can't think of anything server side (it's a single server, right?)
> that would do this.
> Did you also post this into the Outlook group? They sometimes drop by
> here but you'd need to post in their groups to be sure of it being
> picked up.

0
jb1136 (33)
1/5/2006 5:59:58 PM
Yes, thanks, I'll try over there too, that newsgroup was down when I tried it
this morning...

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> Can't think of anything server side (it's a single server, right?)
> that would do this.
> Did you also post this into the Outlook group? They sometimes drop by
> here but you'd need to post in their groups to be sure of it being
> picked up.

"Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook
>is.
>
>When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes
>directly to the recipient's junk email folder?
>
>Any thoughts as to why?  No Rules are causing it that I can see...

Is the Outlook junk mail filter enabled on the client? :)

OL2003 uses a statistical filter and short messages often don't
contain a sufficient number of tokens (good or bad), therby starving
the filter of data. With a lack of "good" tokens there may be only one
"bad" token that skews the results.

Wither turn off the junk mail filter or add your domain to the safe
senders on the client.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook
> >is.
> >
> >When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes
> >directly to the recipient's junk email folder?
> >
> >Any thoughts as to why?  No Rules are causing it that I can see...
>
> Is the Outlook junk mail filter enabled on the client? :)
>
> OL2003 uses a statistical filter and short messages often don't
> contain a sufficient number of tokens (good or bad), therby starving
> the filter of data. With a lack of "good" tokens there may be only one
> "bad" token that skews the results.
>
> Wither turn off the junk mail filter or add your domain to the safe
> senders on the client.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

Links within 2003
I am having a problem with outlook. When I get an email with a link to a website which word wraps to a second line the whole link is not underlined as below so I cannot click the link to access the site. how can i configure outlook so I can get the whole like unlined then enabling me to link to a site without cutting a pasting http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=05951071-6b20-4cef- 9939-47c397ffd3dd&displaylang=en wayne wmb <noreply@noreply.com> wrote: > I am having a problem with outlook. When I get an email with a link > to a website which ...

Migrate Mail messages
Hi at all! I have to export mail messages from Exchange Server 2000 (windows 2000 Server) to Exchange Server 2003 (windows server 2003). I tried to use EXMERGE to export but I have the following error : Store "MSPST MS" was not opened. Could anyone help me ? A. Grasso Is outlook installed on the server? Check out this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;174197&sd=tech "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:eZxN%23RwREHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi at all! > I have to export mail messages from Exchang...

Email printing #2
Hi- Is it possible for me to change the fields that print when I print an email? (I'm using Outlook 2003) In the memo style, I've looked at "Define Print Styles" but it doesn't allow me to control which fields print. Specifically, I want to be able to add the field which shows that an email has an attachment. In previous versions of Outlook, this printed. In 2003, it does not. When printing an email for a paper record, I want to be able to see that there was an attachment and its name (not print the contents of the attachment). Thanks Doug That is only possible when pr...

can't send email 07-30-10
Everything used to work fine...now I can recieve but can't send email...here is the error mess: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test email', Account: 'inbound.electric.net', Server: 'outbound.electric.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help! On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 21:20:06 -0700, Rachelle <Rachelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Everything used to work fine...now I can recieve but can't send email...here >is the error mess: > >The connect...

Outlook 2003 junk mail is still the same ole' piece of junk!
I recently contacted Microsoft since I get some junk mail that has no sender, no recipient, no subject, and no content in the e-mail; in other words it's just blank! Once you've looked carefully at the Rules options, you'll find that you cannot set up a rule when there's no data so that's out. You would need at least a sender, a subject, or content in the e-mail, without any of that Microsoft has no rule to handle this After numerous e-mails with their support system (a waste of time), the solution-----contact that persons ISP and report it! Can you believe that!? The p...

delete all items within a mailbox
Hello, we are using Exchange2003. How could I delete the content of a mailbox , i.e all emails etc. ? (but not the mailbox itself..) With Exchange 5.5 there was a function to delete all mailbox-items such als emails, tasks, calendar etc, - how could I do this with Exchange 2003 ? Thank you On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:57:53 +0200, "Steffen Meier" <spacewalker4711@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >we are using Exchange2003. >How could I delete the content of a mailbox , i.e all emails etc. ? (but not >the mailbox itself..) > >With Exchange 5.5 there was a ...

How POP accounts detect which mails has downloaded?
Hi, I want to automate the downloading of POP3 account's mails. When I configure an POP3 account, I don't want to download all the mails from server. I want to down mails after a specific time stamp. Can i achieve this? "sonali gupta" <sonali_gupta@persistent.co.in> wrote in message news:OPEuw$3tJHA.5684@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to automate the downloading of POP3 account's mails. When I > configure an POP3 account, I don't want to download all the mails from > server. I want to down mails after a specific time stamp. &g...

How to forward emails to multiple recipients?
I am trying to forward all the emails coming into a mailbox to two other mailboxes. I know how to forward it to one mailbox but active directory, exchange delivery options only allows one recipient to be forwarded to. Any ideas? Thank you. create a distribution group with those two users and configure that first mailbox to forward to that group "Greg Mulato" <Greg Mulato@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ADAA878-93B9-4F80-B507-4540ABE82CB1@microsoft.com... >I am trying to forward all the emails coming into a mailbox to two other > mailboxes. I k...

Best Expired domain finder
Find expired domains with the best software: http://www.antssoft.com The best domain names are already taken. But with expired domain software you can find the best domain names like: -------------------------------- http://www.beyx.com http://www.c6d.de http://www.fyq.us http://www.gv0.net http://www.j1o.de http://www.aj0.net http://www.3tt.de http://www.3ss.de http://www.aryh.com http://www.qym.us http://www.f6x.de http://www.60n.de http://www.7ix.de http://www.k9m.de http://www.4bx.de http://www.9kk.de http://www.bx0.net http://www.0ol.de http://www.w6x.de http://www.xub.us ----== Pos...

Outlook 2002 failure to get New Mail Notifications
We are still mainly Outlook 2000 and have Exchange 5.5 servers. We have recently started getting a few Outlook 2002 clients on our network. These users occasionally seem to have problems with getting new mail notifications. They can click on the inbox or do something to prompt a refresh and numerous messages suddenly show up. They also seem to have issues with appointment notices being late or even occurring. Our Outlook 2000 clients have worked fine for years. Any idea as to what the problem can be? OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the N...

Developing groups for e-mailing
I have entered e-mail addresses into a group I am trying to communicate with. I have discovered that my provider SBC limits the sending of a message to 25 recipients. My group has over 300 names. They are entered into outlook as a group. I would like to break the group up into smaller units that I can e-mail but I can't figure out how to copy the names from my group and make smaller sub- groups. I don't want to have to retype every individuals e-mail address again. Any suggestions. ...

How to remove text strings that exceed a certain value within specified range.
I've been looking for a soultion for my issue for some time now and was very happy to find the following resolution posted a little over a year ago. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const nMAX As Long = 910 Dim rCell As Range Set Target = Intersect(Target, Columns(1)) If Not Target Is Nothing Then For Each rCell In Target With rCell If Len(.Text) > nMAX Then MsgBox "The text in cell " & _ .Address(False, False) & ...

Importing email messages to Windows Mail from Outlook'07 & Thunder
I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit on my Laptop. Outlook 2007 is installed and Outlook emails from an old laptop were restored in Outlook on my new laptop. Thunderbird 2.0 is installed and Thunderbird and Outlook Express eMails from an old laptop were restored in Thunderbird on new laptop. Windows Mail 6 is installed and is my default eMail program. I cannot import my restored Outlook and Thunderbird eMails into Windows Mail. I get the "Messages cannot be imported from the MAPI client. MAPI is not installed on this computer or an error occurred while initializing it.&q...

Received Mail Font Colours
When one of my users receives mail that has coloured font in the body of the text i.e. the cat sat, the coloured font dosent show when viewing the email, it only shows a black font. Could anyone tell me if this is to do with a rule or is it to do with text formatting? Any help would be appriciated Thanks ...

Mouse position within worksheet
Some years ago I remember reading an approach for determining the mouse position within a sheet. I believe this used the GetCursorPos API to find the "absolute" mouse position relative to the window, then inserted a dummy chart object in cell A1, set a handle to this and then compared the coordinates of the chart to the mouse position to determine its relative position on the sheet. I've spent about an hour now searching for this code without success - does anyone have a copy they could re-post? Thanks a lot, Andrew That approach doesn't work in 2007+ as embedd...

Workflow Email Owner
I created a workflow rule that emails the customer when a new case is opened for them. It works great. There is something odd I would like to fix though. When I view the email in case history, it shows myself as the owner of the email. I assume this is because I created the rule that sent the email. Is there anyway to change this to show the owner of the email as the case owner? Thanks Greg ...

Mails appears in single line instead of multi line.
When I draft a mail,I draft it in a multi lines but when i or other recipients receives it, it appears in single long line,How to resolve this issue ? Please help... url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1070-1.aspx ...

include Company logo in email template
I would like to include my company logo in email template? How can i do it? I am using Microsoft CRM 3.0. The image needs to be available via a publicly accessible internet address. (Such as http://www.mycompany.com/images/logo.gif) Open the image in IE at the public address, and Copy it from there, then paste it into your template. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "madhavi k" wrote: > I would like to include my company logo in email template? How can i do it? I > am using Microsoft CRM 3.0. Doesn't work... I have tried but still the url comes in th...

outlook 2003
in outlook 2003, when I look at the "tasks" view. intead of showing like task items (ie lines through completed tasks etc) they are appearing as e-mail message with sent/received dates etc. when I look on the folder properties | general tab. I see that is says : when posting to this folder use : IPM.post, when I try to change it to IPM.task I get "You cannot create an item of this type in this folder". I ran scanpost and it reported no errors, so I am assuming somehwere I can reset the folder type but cannot find --mike ...

no notification of incoming mail
when I log into my windows mail acct. I do not know if mail is coming in or not, I have to do it manually, as in send and receive all. Normally at the bottom right of my window when I log into mail, there is notification there saying "working online" "receiving mail" I no longer get this..???? can anyone help. Is the Status Bar missing? (View | Layout). Or is Send & Receive at Startup not checked? (Tools | Options | General). -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Maggie" <Maggie@discussions.microso...

Adding to GAL after name user removed
We had someone accidentally remove a couple of users to the default GAL. Is there a way to get them back on there? Actaually there is only one account I need to add back. They no longer show up in AD Users and Computers. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:39:42 -0400, "Jeff Murphy" <jmurphy@advancednetworksystems.com> wrote: >We had someone accidentally remove a couple of users to the default GAL. Is >there a way to get them back on there? Actaually there is only one account I >need to add back. They no longer show up in AD Users and Computers. > >Thanks....

setting up e-mail
We used to have an account and email address. When we got our computer back from the shop we are unable to log back in. We cant seem to find out account. How can we can an account again. You need to be more specific. An account with whom? If you mean a free Yahoo account, read on: US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP=20 access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.ht= ml and use the spec...

Unable to use Office -- "this version is being used by another user"
I was having problems with Microsoft Office -- getting a message that someone else was using my serial number, and that I was exceeding the number of allowable installations with my version of Office. I'm not sure how this happened, but to be safe, I bought a new copy of office, emptied out the old installation in the trash, and reinstalled a brand new version with a new serial number/product key, etc. But I'm still getting the same message!! Even with the new installation, I can't open up Office. I'm thinking that when I erased the old version (by dumping the folder "...

Multiple domain hosting
I am getting ready to host 2 domains on my exchange 2k3 standard server. This domain will only be needed by a small subset of my users however. I am just wondering, after i insert the second domain under the default recipient policy and restart the recipeint update service. Will this add the username@seconddomain.com under all the users email addresses. Or will i get to specify who get the address. Thanks You should be able to locate all of the Hosting articles at this URL: http://www.microsoft.com//serviceproviders/hostedexchange/default.asp "mikea" wrote: > I am ge...

I can't auto generate smtp address when I create news account in my domain
I can't auto generate smtp address when I create news account in my domain,but in the root domain or child domain it can work well,whether you create account in their own domain or my domain,who can answer this? thanks bingbingzu althought I can find error message in my event �¼�����: ���� �¼���Դ: MSExchangeSA �¼�����: ���� �¼� ID: 2030 ����: 2005-10-25 �¼�: 10:31:00 �û�: N/A �����: HZ-EMAIL04 ����: ��Ŀ¼���Ҳ��������ʼ���ַ��smtp:zbtestmail9@apac.arcsoft.corp SMTP:zbtestmail9@arcsoft.com.cn X400:c=US;a= ;p=ArcSoft Inc;o=Exchange;s=zbtestmail9...