Windows 2003 service pack -- impact on Exchange?

Anyone have any experiences to report on installing Windows 2003 service 
pack 1 on an exchange (2003) server?

Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu

Millersville University

Postmaster & Operating Systems Manager


0
4/14/2005 12:02:30 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
664 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

Had no issues myself so far.

You could run in an issue if you install the Security Control Wizard which
is shipped with SP1 but needs to be installed in a separate step as
described here:
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/003/sp1scw.htm

If you are installing on Dell PowerEdge, check this out:
http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps2q05-20050113-Callaway.pdf

And if you are running cluster server check this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841561

cheers,

Alexander Zammit
Software Development Consultant
Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at
http://www.exchangeinbox.com/



"Lynne Seamans" <Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu> wrote in message 
news:OjhvWnOQFHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Anyone have any experiences to report on installing Windows 2003 service 
> pack 1 on an exchange (2003) server?
>
> Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu
>
> Millersville University
>
> Postmaster & Operating Systems Manager
>
> 


0
alex6014 (110)
4/14/2005 1:32:36 PM
Thanks, that helps a lot!

Got maintenance time scheduled for Monday evening and i feel better about it 
now.


"Alex Zammit" <alex@blockspamwindeveloper.com> wrote in message 
news:%23o9lrbPQFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Had no issues myself so far.
>
> You could run in an issue if you install the Security Control Wizard which
> is shipped with SP1 but needs to be installed in a separate step as
> described here:
> http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/003/sp1scw.htm
>
> If you are installing on Dell PowerEdge, check this out:
> http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps2q05-20050113-Callaway.pdf
>
> And if you are running cluster server check this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841561
>
> cheers,
>
> Alexander Zammit
> Software Development Consultant
> Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at
> http://www.exchangeinbox.com/
>
>
>
> "Lynne Seamans" <Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu> wrote in message 
> news:OjhvWnOQFHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Anyone have any experiences to report on installing Windows 2003 service 
>> pack 1 on an exchange (2003) server?
>>
>> Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu
>>
>> Millersville University
>>
>> Postmaster & Operating Systems Manager
>>
>>
>
> 


0
4/15/2005 2:18:21 PM
Good.

Of course there is always the risk that you discover some new issue ;)))

I hope you don't, but if you do please share it with us so as I can publish 
it on exchangeinbox.com

Alex

"Lynne Seamans" <Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu> wrote in message 
news:OW41%23XcQFHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Thanks, that helps a lot!
>
> Got maintenance time scheduled for Monday evening and i feel better about 
> it now.
>
>
> "Alex Zammit" <alex@blockspamwindeveloper.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23o9lrbPQFHA.164@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Had no issues myself so far.
>>
>> You could run in an issue if you install the Security Control Wizard 
>> which
>> is shipped with SP1 but needs to be installed in a separate step as
>> described here:
>> http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/003/sp1scw.htm
>>
>> If you are installing on Dell PowerEdge, check this out:
>> http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps2q05-20050113-Callaway.pdf
>>
>> And if you are running cluster server check this:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841561
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Alexander Zammit
>> Software Development Consultant
>> Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at
>> http://www.exchangeinbox.com/
>>
>>
>>
>> "Lynne Seamans" <Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu> wrote in message 
>> news:OjhvWnOQFHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Anyone have any experiences to report on installing Windows 2003 service 
>>> pack 1 on an exchange (2003) server?
>>>
>>> Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu
>>>
>>> Millersville University
>>>
>>> Postmaster & Operating Systems Manager
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
alex6014 (110)
4/15/2005 11:01:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

MMC error on opening exchange system manager
I get an error when opening: MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC. then I click to report or continue, if continue it opens up but you cant get into anything, in the right bigger window it says MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might have not been installed correctly. Name: Exchange System CLSID: 1b600aea-10ba-11d2-9f28-00c04fa37610 It has been working for a month fine, HELP! ...

ASP Files not working windows VISTA IIS..
Hi..please advice how do i run asp files in my localhost and i'm using windows vistasundar ...

How to Use CRM Web Service to Mark a Service Activity as Billed
I was able to mark a service activity with statecode = 3 and statuscode = 3 using the following code: 'Mark the service activity as billed ServiceActivity.isbilled = New CrmBoolean ServiceActivity.isbilled.Value = True ServiceActivity.cp_billedondate = New CrmDateTime ServiceActivity.cp_billedondate.Value = Now svcCRM.Update(ServiceActivity) However, all closed service activities were NOT marked as billed in the process. So I decided to re-open those closed service activities, mark them as ...

Outlook 2003 Outbox #5
I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I compose and send emails without a copy going into Outbox? "gatordawg" <james.butts@oracle.com> wrote in message news:1171819936.194411.7800@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every > newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me > to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I c...

reinstalling windows
windows has become corrupted. when i have attempted to reinstall windows the set up screen tells me " the file cmdide.sys is corrupted. press any key to continue". at the bottom of the screen it says " setup failed". do i need to format the disc so that i can reinstall windows and if so, how do i do it? thanks, mike mikalle wrote: > windows has become corrupted. when i have attempted to reinstall windows the > set up screen tells me " the file cmdide.sys is corrupted. press any key to > continue". at the bottom of the screen it says &qu...

outlook 2003 automatic send receive does not receive all emails
I have 80 users using outlook 2003 with windows XP. When the user press the send/receive button stacks on "send/receive status ##%". Even at sending... Sometimes the outlook completes the send/receive and the user doesn't receive all the emails. If I go on OWA there are new emails that the user didn\t download even though the send/receive is complete. to resolve for the moment the problem, the users have to close the outlook, open it again and then either automatic send/receive or manually they receive the new emails. I checked all windows and office upd...

how to archive all incoming/outgoing emails on exchange 2003
We recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. On exchange 5.5, we used to archive all incoming and outgoing mails (using the diagnostic log I think). How can I do the same thing under exchange 2003? For those who is curious, it's a standard corporate policy to archive incoming/outgoing mails. Thanks. look at journaling: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/261173/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843105/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] <nobigworld@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138052738.764679.83220@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We recently upgraded from e...

Try on the security pack from MS Corp.
--fijummfdyduhkxpk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xgiocggvwnzdo"; type="multipart/alternative" --xgiocggvwnzdo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="baetkzcf" --baetkzcf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the ...

Windows live mail
My windows live mail account will not send or recieve any messages. Every time I attempt to send an email. I get this message... windows cannot send this message you need a digital id, this message is not encrypted. I have tried to download a program for a digital id but this has not solved the problem. Dew "Dew" wrote: > My windows live mail account will not send or recieve any messages. Every > time I attempt to send an email. I get this message... windows cannot send > this message you need a digital id, this message is not encrypted. I have >...

Problems with creating a budget in 2003
I have set up my annual Bills and Deposits on the MANAGE SCHEDULED BILLS AND DEPOSITS screen. Now, when I go to create a budget Money automaticlly recoginizes the bills and deposits that I have set and puts them into my budget along with a dollar amount which is great. However, once I am done creating the rest of my budget and Money shows me the overview of what I spent compared to what I budgeted, it shows that I had NO money budgeted for the bills that were automaticlly transferred in from the SCHEDULED BILLS AND DEPOSITS screen even though when I was designing the budget it had ...

Windows Vista
Not sure whats going on, but when I opened Windows Mail this afternoon I decided not to send any emails and generates the message :- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test 1', Account: 'pop.123-reg.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.123-reg.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I had this a few weeks ago and on going into account properties and clicking on and off the various Connection tick boxes, the problem cleared. However this time there is no change. Any Ideas ?? Submitted via EggHeadCafe -...

Outlook 2003 and VPN
We are connecting to an Exchange 2003 server on a Win 2K server with Outlook 2003 clients. I want to set up outlook to automatically connect to a VPN when they open Outlook. Right now are remote users have to connect to their ISP, Connect to VPN, open Outlook. I would like them to be able to just connect to there isp and than open Outlook and have Outlook extablish the VPN. Thanks ...

open windows
How do I close ALL open windows w/ ONE click Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums "kotus" wrote in message news:%23QO5zHhnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do I close ALL open windows w/ ONE click > If you can tolerate an extra click, you can right-click the group of windows in your task bar > Close group Otherwise you'd probably need a mini-app that with a desktop shortcut that does what you want. -- Jon On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:58:46 -0800, kotus wrote: > How do I close ALL open windows w/ ONE...

MSCRM Workflow Service
Hi, We got an error as following: The description for Event ID ( 5895 ) in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: action {2B1BA73C-580E-4786-A069-E5F83057C957} failed in step {C8C1B954-72DB-4967-8938-AC944C7D9180} of process instance {9C89210D-E31A-41A9-B03D-EC829AB9D32D}. <description>Activity party object type is invalid</description><file>d:\crm\build\3297\src\platform\include\o...

Windows pdate Status: Failed
Hi, This is my problem: http://yfrog.com/1fupdatekj So, how can I manage to install this update? I am using Acer Laptop with its own Vista and HP LP2275w monitor. Thanks in advance. Koray For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB9999...

Can't install Exchange System Manager 2003..
Hi, The OS is Windows Server 2003 SP1 (only 1 partition, the free disk space is only 8 GB) and actually what I'm trying to do is to have a mailbox for a user from Domain B but the Exchange 2003 is in Domain A. Domain A (domainA.hq.com) and B (domainB.hq.com) are under one forest. I have checked some of the emails that were sent to this newsgroup and they suggested that I just need to install the Exchange System Manager on Domain B but I can't proceed with the "Install Exchange System Management Tools Only" installation wizard (Exchange 2003 Std Edt CD). I'm stuck ...

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

Unknown 12029 while using window.ActiveXObject & window.XMLHttpRequest
Hi, I am using the following code in my .jsp file for request to, and get a response from a web server - without reloading the page. But this code is working if i will use http://localhost:8080/.../xxx.jsp. But if i will call remotely like http://12.12.12.1111:8080/.../xxx.jsp it's throwing "Unknown 12029" Exception. Kindly let me know what changes i should do. Plz explain me detailly on this. // code for Mozilla, Netscape, etc... if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { req=new XMLHttpRequest() req.onreadystatechange=state_Change req.open("GET",urlT,true) ...

Deploying Exchange 2010 on 2000 AD
Hello: I currently have a 2000 AD network. I need to deploy Exchange 2010 as soon as I can. With my 2000 AD this is not possible. Due to my need to deploy quickly I was thinking I could do the following: 1. Deploy a 2008 AD 2. Create a trust relationshipe between the 2000 & 2008 domains 3. Deploy Exchange 2010 on the 2008 domain 4. Migrate mailboxes from the Exchange server on the 2000 domain to the new 2010 Exchange server. Is this possible? If so does anyone know of any TechNet docs on it? Thanks Harrison ...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7
I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) and Office 2003 Pro. I setup my POP3 e-mail account and was able to send and receive mail once. I setup a second POP3 account and neither will work. I installed Outlook 2007 with the same result. From what I have read, the 32 bit OS does not have this problem. So far, no one has been able to come up with a work around for this. Any help will be appreciated. Its nothing to do with win32/64 When you test the accounts within Outlook, you should if theres a problem see some relevent err msgs "ernie146nn" <ernie146nn@discussions...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords
When I use Windows Explorer to navigate and search through my files (using the View - choose details - keywords and other selections) I can't see the keywords - even though they are part of the file (can view in file properties). I can see the Author, Title, Subject, Category, Comments - everything that is in the file properties except keywords. Is there a setting I'm not selecting? -- David C. Beveridge -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > When I use Windows Explorer to navigate and search through my files (using > the View - choose details - keywords a...

Slipstream 2003 SP2?
Is there any way to slipstream Exchange 2003 SP2 onto an Exchange 2003 CD? We're on Select and have Exchange 2003 media, and 2003 SP2 media but no 2003 with SP2 media. cheers, Paul Nope, this has never been possible AFAIK and I still don't think it is with SP2. :( -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Paul Hutchings" <paul@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:Xns975B83A2CA8D0paulspamcopnet@207.46.248.16... > Is there any way to slipstream Exchange 2003 SP2 onto an Exchange 2003 CD? > > We're on Select and have Exchange 2003 media, and 2003 SP2 media but no ...

ADC migration from 5.5
Hi, I'm currently in the start of the process of migration from 5.5 SP4 to 2003, and have a question about the use of the ADC and the replication of accounts to the new system. At the moment we have two domains running, the older NT4 domain and the newer Windows 2003 domain, some of the domain user accounts have been manually moved over to the newer domain and are working fine, although the users emails are still linked to Exchange 5.5 with their owner accounts pointing to the new 2003 user account. My question is, when we start to use the ADC to sync directories, will the ADC cr...

Outlook 2003 Using over 2 GB of memory
Ok, I have been using Outlook 2003 for a while now and have had an odd problem for a while. If I leave outlook open for a long time, it will consume all of of my free memory. I am talking about 700-800 MB of actual memory, and 1.5 - 1.7 GB of my virtual memory by just leaving it open over night, and this repeats as many times as I leave it open. I have restarted the computer, and no luck. Now it is also happening with my laptop, and I am not sure where to go with this. Any Ideas? Do you have a desktop search program installed? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the gro...

MS Exchange and failed relay for secondary domain
I need to add a second domain set of e-mail addresses to our Exchange server. I have updated all MX records as required on the domain and added the second domain to the default recipient policy on the server. When trying to send an e-mail from outside our organization to the new address I receive: Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com Remote-MTA: 192.168.8.17 When I telnet to the mailserver and use helo to try to send to the new address I receive: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for newuseraddress@newdomain.com The checkbox is checked in the defau...