win2k sp4 with Exchange2003(urgent)

I have install win2k with sp4 (install smtp, nntp of IIS)
but in service
I could see mta stacks, routing engine, system attendant

Should I run forest prep and domain prep before install exchange 2003 in
win2ksp4?

Which steps should I forget to do ?
Thx all

Mike
0
mike3004 (7)

What are you not seeing?
You can't install Exchange Server 2003 without doing ForestPrep &
DomainPrep - if they've already been done you don't need to do them again.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
"mike3004" <mike3004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have install win2k with sp4 (install smtp, nntp of IIS)
> but in service
> I could see mta stacks, routing engine, system attendant
>
> Should I run forest prep and domain prep before install exchange 2003 in
> win2ksp4?
>
> Which steps should I forget to do ?
> Thx all
>
> Mike

0
bharat3597 (1006)
4/3/2007 3:46:48 AM
The first server install will run them for you automatically if you have
sufficient rights.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
> What are you not seeing?
> You can't install Exchange Server 2003 without doing ForestPrep &
> DomainPrep - if they've already been done you don't need to do them again.
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
> ------------------------------
> "mike3004" <mike3004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have install win2k with sp4 (install smtp, nntp of IIS)
>> but in service
>> I could see mta stacks, routing engine, system attendant
>>
>> Should I run forest prep and domain prep before install exchange 2003 in
>> win2ksp4?
>>
>> Which steps should I forget to do ?
>> Thx all
>>
>> Mike

0
curspice6401 (3487)
4/3/2007 5:38:24 AM
Forestprep.exe is run once in the forest and domainprep is done on one of
the dc of each domain.

Forestprep adds schema to your ad. With the help of forestprep only you can
see the settings for user in user and computers of domain

Exchange server has in all seven services and you should be seeing all of
them in services.msc

Do share your solution once it gets resolved

samir shah
shahsameerk@gmail.com

"mike3004" <mike3004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have install win2k with sp4 (install smtp, nntp of IIS)
> but in service
> I could see mta stacks, routing engine, system attendant
>
> Should I run forest prep and domain prep before install exchange 2003 in
> win2ksp4?
>
> Which steps should I forget to do ?
> Thx all
>
> Mike

Urgent: Need copy of Quote.dot
I've spent 5 days getting my outlook client up and going, now I find I don't have quote.dot anywhere on my machine (template for quote mail merge). You can understand my reluctance to re-install after all this time getting it right. Does anyone have a copy they could email me? nathan <remove this bit> @spindolero.com.au Cheers. Hello! I need it also; "semisential" <semisential@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:228C13FE-5A84-450B-BBF6-8E77D186AE64@microsoft.com... > I've spent 5 days getting my outlook client up and going, now I...

URGENT! E-mail blocked from certain domains !!
Hello, We upgraded since last week to exchange 2003, but certain domains can't send e-mail to us! this is an error i get in event viewer: This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #207. The client at "217.136.228.82" sent a "xexch50" command, and the SMTP server responded with "504 Need to authenticate first ". The full command sent was "xexch50 2372 2". This will probably cause the connection to fail. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I can't find anything on the web a...

Match rules are never fired!!!--Please help--Urgent
Hi, My match rules are not fired (though they should)--can anyone help me please? XML File trail.xml contents: --------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <COURTCASE xmlns:lnv="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnv" xmlns:lnvxe="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnvxe" xmlns:lnci="http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lnci"> <lnv:CITE><cite4thisdoc>174 S.W.3d 70</cite4thisdoc><cite4thisdoc>2005 Tenn. App. LEXIS 196</cite4thisdoc></lnv:CITE> <lnv:DISSENTS> <lnvxe:dis...

After Upgrade to CRM 3.0 cannot send email (urgent)
Hi all, i completed upgrade the crm 1.2 to crm 3.0. but now my crm 3.0 cannot send email. i can't find any error msg in event viewer. i suspect is when i key in exchange server name not correct. have any way to check exchange server i key in it is correct or not. or change the exchange name without uninstall crm 3.0 therefore, have anyone can give some tips to solve the problem? any help will be greatly apprieated. Thank you regards, Ng Ng, You could try to run the setup again and choose the 'repair' option. This let's you set the exchange server and SMTP server a...

URGENT
WHY I CAN SEND AN E-MAIL FRON HERE??? Where is here? Are you trying to send from a Yahoo account via Windows Mail? Has it ever worked? Any error messages? To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-Plus -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "facebook" <cleopatra_34207@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eWI4BSJ4KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Urgent advice requested re: Exchange 5.5 Online/Offline defrag
Hi, I hope this is a good newsgroup to put an advice request for Exchange 5.5. We are running Exchange 5.5 Standard edition on an Win2000 server. Last week it hit the 16GB limit for the private information store. There were not warning messages but that's something I'll deal with after the recovery. Following the advice on microsoft site, I decided to do an offline deframentation using eseutil. As I don't have a spare 18GB on the server (the disk is only 32GB) I had to use a network drive to store the temporarily created edb file. I started eseutil defrag at about 8pm on ...

Migrate/upgrade 5.5 SP4 to Exch 2000
I need to migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5SP4 to Exch 2000. Ex5.5 sits on a stand alone NT 4.0 SP6a server and want to upgade this to W2K SVR and install Exch 2000 onto it, then finally migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5 private/pub mail boxes to it. Does the W2K SVR have to be running 'Active directory services' to support Exch 2000? If I installed W2K SRV as a stand alone server (will introduct W2K Active directory services later removing NT4 domain infrustructure later) then run the following: i) simply run a cold BU of EXCH 5.5, then restore 'priv & pub.edb's' along with associated &...

Error in CRM Upgrade
i have crm 1.2 installed. i did 6 columns addition to Account form. however i was trying to install CRM 3.0 today and during upgrade installation failed with following message. 11:39:53| Info| Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup Failed. 11:39:53| Info| Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup Setup did not complete successfully. ================================================== Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. The object 'DF_AccountBase_SecurityDescriptor' is dependent on column 'SecurityDescriptor...

Help, Urgent Excel Formulas are not calculating
First.. the answer is yes I have Auto Calculation's on. I am running a macro that toggles auto calc on and off. Appartenly, I have either confused or corrupted excel. In a nut shell after the macro has run.. my formulas to not work.. very simple formulas like = A8, do not work. I can change the value in cell A8 and my root formula does not change. Unless I physically go into the cell that the formula is and manuall hit enter from the fromula window. The only global fix I have found is to save the filename as a differnt file. This seems to prompt excel to register the formulas a...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

urgent help
Hi, We have an application written in MFC and ATL. We want to convert it so as to support 64-bit Operating Systems. What are the issues involved and at what level we have to change the code? At what level codes need to be modified. Can anybody please help me in giving some inputs. Thanks in Advance Rajnish Sinha ...

Exchange 5.5 SP4 #2
I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any suggestions? has any event log? -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Sam" <salobaidi@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :3253e735.0410281852.71e170a4@posting.google.com... > I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and > receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any > suggestions? In post-SP3 and SP4 MTAs, the MTA requires FQDN resolution to work, so that may be it. As Jammy says, there should be something in the event log a...

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi, I have an NT4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed. I have followed all the guides for ensuring relaying is prohibited on our server - tried the telnet tests (MAIL FROM, RCPT TO etc) and I get the response 550 relaying is prohibited. However, when online our Exchange outbound queue constantly fills with spam mail, originating from the sender <>. How can I stop this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul. On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:12:24 -0000, "Paul Kavanagh" <pkavanagh@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an NT4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4 ...

Exchange2000 to Exchange2003
I recently installed exchange 2003 in the existing domain with exchange 2000. Next, I moved few accounts to Exch2003 and now I can’t send mail to the exchange 2000. I get “Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified” error. Mail can be sent anywhere from Exch2003 server but to Exch2000. There is no problem with mail sent from Ech2000 to Exch2003. Any help would be very much appreciated. Arek, Have you resolved this problem yet? My servers are doing the exact same thing. Any Help from MS would be great. Thanks. "Arek" wrote: > I recently installed exchang...

Exchange2003
Hi, I have a problem with exchange. Users e-mail address of mails sent trought OWA appear to recipients as xxx@zzz.local. If I try to set primary address in users account settings to xxx@zzz.cz , e-mails are not delivered by POP3 account to users mailbox at all, even if I see in EvnetLog that the mails have been donwloaded and deleted from ISPs server. Thankx for any useful advice. DM Hi, Check SMTP relay restrictions "David Moravec" <david.moravec@advantages.cz> wrote in message news:Ou%23mLbFaGHA.5088@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem ...

Urgent , How to search data. pls help
Hi , I have two sheets in a file,Sheet1.Datalist, Sheet2.Mapping. Sheet Datalist contains two column. Itemcode, Rate. Profit ------------------------------ AAAA 12.50 CCCC 4.50 DDDD 11.50 EEEEE 12.75 FFFFF 09.25 Sheet Mapping contain Code Profit -------------------- CCCC 2.50 DDDD 12.30 XXXX 10.50 FFFF 09.25 AAAA 00.25 I have to find each code of datalist in mapping sheet and if found there , the corresponding profit should be written in datalist sheet on the profit column. ...

URGENT: After system crash: VS6 menus missing
Please help! After a normal system crash :) and reboot, when I launched VS6 SP6, the entire menu bar (File, Edit, View...) is missing! I can't get it back, although I restored all the toolbars. Please!! How to get them back? Thanks, Rick ...

Exchange 5.5 sp4
Ok, I know what creates the logon activity that is displayed via Exchange admin, Private Information Store, Logons.... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156765 <--- Thanks Andy BUT are not the connections to be freed up once a user/outlook client disconnects ?? 1) I have a mailbox with about 50+ instances of logon activity. The user does not open other mailboxes/calendars or is a delegate for others. 2) It seems to me that the logon connection is being made, and does not disconnect, therefore, creating more logon connections of the same mailbox. Is their a way to disconnect these log...

Urgent! Outlook keep promt for password
Hi, I am migrating SBS 2003 to 2008. I am at the step to move the mailboxes, just of sudden, Outlook pops up a window for user name and password. I entered right user name and PW, it doesn't take it. I log off computer and I am able to log in back with the same UN/PW, it's just Outlook keep prompting. On the SBS 2003 server, I got message "one or more domain controllers do not meet the licenses requirements. " Does the license do something with this? The SBS 2008 OEM have 5 cals, I purchased additional 25 CALs. How to add the additional 25 cals to the SBS 20...

Urgent Help
Hi All, I am developing an application in Visual Basic 6.0 and using MS Access as my backend. What i want is that my database should not open when someone try to open .mdb file. But my application should be able to access it. TIA Password protect the .mdb file to prevent people from getting into the database unless they have the password. Pass the password from your VB routine when it needs to open the database. Sounds good, but since I've never used VB6, I don't really know how to pass the password. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith ...

Nested If Statements , Help needed urgently
Please help, I have a csv file produced via a website that I need to format for a database import. The required address fields are not populated in the correct sequence for the import. Add1(C) Always Populated Required Field Add2(D) Always Populated Add3(E) Sometimes Populated Add4 F) Sometimes Populated Required Field Pcode (G) The problem is that Columns D and E sometimes contain data that is required for Column F and that column sometimes contains the information required for Column G The nested if statement I've produced looks like this =If(F2="",If(E2="",...

*URGENT* Adding a Scroll Bar to a chart
I have added a scroll bar to my chart, however as I select the right button of the scroll bar (my graph moves historically) and when I scroll left (my graph moves closer to the most recent period). Is there an easy way to do the opposite? Ideally I'd like to select the right button to move to the most recent period and the left scroll button to move to historical periods! Thanks! Hi, What method are you using to relate scrollbar information to changing chart data? Named range formula or Index formula in worksheet or something else. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - E...

Urgent Help with CheckSignature method of SignedXml
Hey Friends, I have a Signed XML that looks like the below I also have the public certificate for this but i am not able to pass the public key of the X509Certificate2 to the CheckSignature method any idea or help? <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <B:Envelope xmlns:B="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:A="http://www.routeone.com/namespace.messaging.diag#" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><SOAP:Header xmlns:SOAP-SEC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/security/2000-12" xmlns:S...

Move database
Hi, I happen to follow the knowledge base article 917948 for moving the SQL Server database for SQL Server 2005 in the same domain. I was able to point System DSN step(took Full backup and restored) as well to the new sql server. But when I try to configure the Microsoft Deployment manager step with the new server name, it gives a message saying "No Microsoft CRM databases were found on this server". After half a day's of struggle, I figure out that in SQL error Log there is an error message saying "Login failed for user 'Domain\Administrator' Client: [IP Add...

Prompt for User/Pass Dialog? Win2K/XP+?
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on prompting for a users username/password credentials - I am after proxy username/password information. Ideally I would use http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa375177(VS.85).aspx which produces this dialog, http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterArticle/2005/07/asp200507dk_l/asp200507dk_l_image001.jpg Unfortunately this dialog is not available in Windows 2000, which I need to support. Ideally if I could extract the proxy username/password from an IE window (this code would be running inside an ActiveX control) that would be better, but I ...