Will E5.5 run on W2K3?

I have a PDC (NT4), 2 BDCs and one member server with E5.5.
Now I want to upgrade these machines to W2K3 and E5.5 to E2K3.

1st I want to upgrade the PDC to W2K3 DC.
2nd Install the ADC on the member server to connect the Active dir.
3rd I want to upgrade the member server os from NT4 to W2K3.
4th I want to upgrade the E5.5 to E2K3.

Can anyone confirm, if this is a right solution or not.
Your opinion please.

0
tsk8680 (7)

You cannot upgrade Ex 5.5 to Ex 2k3.
Furthermore you cannot use Ex 5.5 on Win 2k3.
You should add a Win 2k3 member server, install Ex 2k3 and add it to the Ex
5.5 site.
For more info : http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/55.asp

--
Greetings,

Hans Sleurink
MCSA +M , MCSE 2000

"tsk" <tsk@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Will E5.5 run on W2K3?
>
> I have a PDC (NT4), 2 BDCs and one member server with E5.5.
> Now I want to upgrade these machines to W2K3 and E5.5 to E2K3.
>
> 1st I want to upgrade the PDC to W2K3 DC.
> 2nd Install the ADC on the member server to connect the Active dir.
> 3rd I want to upgrade the member server os from NT4 to W2K3.
> 4th I want to upgrade the E5.5 to E2K3.
>
> Can anyone confirm, if this is a right solution or not.
> Your opinion please.

1st - OK
2nd - OK
3rd - Since Exchange 5.5 is on member server this step won't work as
Exchange 5.5 (as previously mentioned) will not run on an Windows 2003
server, though you could upgrade to Windows 2000 server.  Exchange 5.5 will
run on an Windows 2000 machine
4th - No in-place upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.  But as with
Windows you can in-place upgrade using Exchange 2000 and then once at
Exchange 2000 upgrade to Exchange 2003, but I would do that type of upgrade
slowly.

822942.KB.EN-US
Considerations When You Upgrade to Exchange Server 2003

amyma@online.microsoft.com
Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"tsk" <tsk@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Will E5.5 run on W2K3?
>
> I have a PDC (NT4), 2 BDCs and one member server with E5.5.
> Now I want to upgrade these machines to W2K3 and E5.5 to E2K3.
>
> 1st I want to upgrade the PDC to W2K3 DC.
> 2nd Install the ADC on the member server to connect the Active dir.
> 3rd I want to upgrade the member server os from NT4 to W2K3.
> 4th I want to upgrade the E5.5 to E2K3.
>
> Can anyone confirm, if this is a right solution or not.
> Your opinion please.

0
amyma (68)
4/22/2004 7:32:52 PM
You mean to say that I can upgrade:
1. Exchange 5.5  to Exchange 2K.
2. Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3
OR
I Should install W2K3 with E2K3 and join to E5.5 site
and then move the mailboxes and after eliminate the E5.5?????

This is the only solutions exist to upgrade E5.5 to E2K3?

Thanks
TSK

"Amy-Leigh Mack[MSFT]" <amyma@online.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message
de news:uztPECKKEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> 1st - OK
> 2nd - OK
> 3rd - Since Exchange 5.5 is on member server this step won't work as
> Exchange 5.5 (as previously mentioned) will not run on an Windows 2003
> server, though you could upgrade to Windows 2000 server.  Exchange 5.5
will
> run on an Windows 2000 machine
> 4th - No in-place upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.  But as with
> Windows you can in-place upgrade using Exchange 2000 and then once at
> Exchange 2000 upgrade to Exchange 2003, but I would do that type of
upgrade
> slowly.
>
> 822942.KB.EN-US
> Considerations When You Upgrade to Exchange Server 2003
>
> amyma@online.microsoft.com
> Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
rights.

> "tsk" <tsk@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > Will E5.5 run on W2K3?
> >
> > I have a PDC (NT4), 2 BDCs and one member server with E5.5.
> > Now I want to upgrade these machines to W2K3 and E5.5 to E2K3.
> >
> > 1st I want to upgrade the PDC to W2K3 DC.
> > 2nd Install the ADC on the member server to connect the Active dir.
> > 3rd I want to upgrade the member server os from NT4 to W2K3.
> > 4th I want to upgrade the E5.5 to E2K3.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm, if this is a right solution or not.
> > Your opinion please.

0
tsk8680 (7)
4/22/2004 10:39:59 PM
Yes you are correct that is what I said.  As to which is the better way I
would say do you already have Exchange 2000 or just Exchange 2003.  If you
already have Exchange 2000 and 2003 then either way is as good as the other.
However if you only have Exchange 2003 then the new box and move mailboxes
is probably the route you want to go on.

> You mean to say that I can upgrade:
> 1. Exchange 5.5  to Exchange 2K.
> 2. Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3
> OR
> I Should install W2K3 with E2K3 and join to E5.5 site
> and then move the mailboxes and after eliminate the E5.5?????
>
> This is the only solutions exist to upgrade E5.5 to E2K3?
>
> Thanks
> TSK
>

> "Amy-Leigh Mack[MSFT]" <amyma@online.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le
message
> de news:uztPECKKEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > 1st - OK
> > 2nd - OK
> > 3rd - Since Exchange 5.5 is on member server this step won't work as
> > Exchange 5.5 (as previously mentioned) will not run on an Windows 2003
> > server, though you could upgrade to Windows 2000 server.  Exchange 5.5
> will
> > run on an Windows 2000 machine
> > 4th - No in-place upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.  But as
with
> > Windows you can in-place upgrade using Exchange 2000 and then once at
> > Exchange 2000 upgrade to Exchange 2003, but I would do that type of
> upgrade
> > slowly.
> >
> > 822942.KB.EN-US
> > Considerations When You Upgrade to Exchange Server 2003
> >
> > amyma@online.microsoft.com
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
> > newsgroup purposes only.
> rights.
> >
> > "tsk" <tsk@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > > Will E5.5 run on W2K3?
> > >
> > > I have a PDC (NT4), 2 BDCs and one member server with E5.5.
> > > Now I want to upgrade these machines to W2K3 and E5.5 to E2K3.
> > >
> > > 1st I want to upgrade the PDC to W2K3 DC.
> > > 2nd Install the ADC on the member server to connect the Active dir.
> > > 3rd I want to upgrade the member server os from NT4 to W2K3.
> > > 4th I want to upgrade the E5.5 to E2K3.
> > >
> > > Can anyone confirm, if this is a right solution or not.
> > > Your opinion please.

0
amyma (68)

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

Out Of Office #5
I enable Out of Office reply to the Internet from Internet Message Formats. The return Out of Office e- mail still will not send. Thoughts? Thanks ...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

vc++ 6.0 application runs on windows 20003 (64 bit CPU 32 bit OS)
Hi I have a VC++ 6.0 application runs on windows 20003 (64 bit CPU and 32 bit OS), it does not work. The same application runs fine on Windows XP and Windows 2000. When I debug it with VC++ 6.0, the break points and the source code totally messed up. I have a if else statement, the debug goes from inside if goes to else block if (...) { ....................... } else { ............... } Does any one have any idea about this? Thank you for your help There is no content whatsoever in the phrase "does not work". There is always a specific statement as to why something do...

Exchange 2000 to Exchange 5.5
I'm going to be moving my organization from Exchange 2000 running in a Windows 2000 native mode domain to Exchange 5.5 server. I will be using exmerge to import their mailboxes to the 5.5 server and then updating their outlook profiles. The users will reside in the same domain for now and will be accessing their mailboxes on an Exchange 5.5 server that resides in a resource domain trusting my company's domain. The problem that I come across is when I attempt to update the Outlook XP profile during my testing phase. The outlook client will default back to the Exchange 2000 se...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Ghosting an Exchange 5.5. server
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that was running out of hard disk space. So I ghosted the drive onto a larger drive. However, the next day I started getting errors with my database, and am now in the throes of getting things back in order. Is there a known issue with ghosting Exchange databases? Should I not have done it that way? Tim I would never trust ghost with something as important as Exchange 5.5. Did you try to run the defrag utilities for Exch 5.5 before you decided to ghost? Running "eseutil /d" on the priv files will defragment the database files. Once, I was able ...

Can CRM be installed on a Windows 2003 Server running Sharepoint Services and Sharepoint Protal Server V2.0?
Will the standard install for CRM work on a Windows 2003 Server? Would there be any conflicts if the Windows 2003 server is already running Microsoft Project Server? Would there be any conflicts with Sharepoint Services V 2.0 or Sharepoint Portal Server V2.0? Bill Walter I attempted to run the CRM on 2003 Server, but quickly ran into issues accessing the workspace once installed. CRM 1.0 is not yet compatible with the .Net Framework 1.1 that's on 2003 Server "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Os304M1RDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... &g...

Build Error with CreateDirectory failed (GetLastError=5) Question
I can't build anything with the following error. Does anyone have clue? BUILD: [00:0000002260:ERRORE] CreateDirectory(\) failed. GetLastError=5 (dec) Could be that your WINCEROOT is set wrong or that there's a space in some part of the path to Windows CE or the Platform Builder toolset. Paul T. "Sung Mo Jun" wrote: > I can't build anything with the following error. Does anyone have clue? > BUILD: [00:0000002260:ERRORE] CreateDirectory(\) failed. GetLastError=5 > (dec) > > > Thanks for the comment, but I've checked a...

SPAM Filter for Exchange 5.5?
We've recently started receiving a large number of SPAM emails on certain accounts. We do not have a SPAM filter software on our NT 4.0 server running Exchange 5.5. I'm not entirely sure how exchange is setup (very new to it all!!) but I presume our email is being downloaded via POP3? Can anyone recommend a cheap but effective option? Mcafee Spamkiller V5 perhaps? Thanks, J --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release Date: 10/11/2003 GFI Mail Essentials www.gfi.com/me ...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

Macro created in Excel 2000 SR1 won't run with SP3
Hi, I have a macro which was created for use with Excel 2000 SR1 (on Windows 2000). We have migrated to new hardware, still using Windows 2000, but now have Excel 2000 SP3 and our macro just hangs. The security was set to medium and even if I turn it to low the macro stuill hangs. I'd love to hear any ideas as to how to fix this or where we are going wrong. Thanks. N We'd need to see the code to be able to help with a solution. There's a few things that could go wrong, but we can't guess. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "NB&quo...

Exchange Admin 5.5 connection problem after SP4
Hallo members of group, hope you can help me out with this one. I use Exchange 5.5 admin program on a Win2000prof client. After installing Servicepack 4 the admin program can make no longer connection. How to resolve this problem? Please send your response to fommeren@yahoo.com ...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

I have great plains v 7.5 with 3 users, all users are locked
All 3 users are locked, and i caan't log on to delete users activity, is there any other way to go to user activity and terminate the activity of the 3 users. Thanks delete from ACTIVITY on Dynamics database. >-----Original Message----- >All 3 users are locked, and i caan't log on to delete users activity, is >there any other way to go to user activity and terminate the activity of the >3 users. > >Thanks >. > Or, if you are on a Pervasive system, find the Activity.btr file, in the System folder and rename it. Lyle On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 11:53:10 -0700,...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Corrupted database on 5.5 server
I've been having problems with my exchange 5.5 server the last week or two. Backups fail, nightly maintenance fails, because of a failing database. Most of the errors (don't remember the numbers, but this isn't a query for fixing it, so not important) pointed to possible hardware problems causing corruption, but I think it was a dirty shutdown that may have done it, after a problem with Sybari's Antigen software locking up. Anyway, I'm not worried about fixing the database - I've purchased a new server for exchange. I'm just looking for some info on if this will...

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

Think I will be staying with Money2004 for good...
Just to throw my two cents in on all this money2007 stuff. It looks like MS doesn't care about users of older versions of money. With all the changes, I think they just hope to pick up new customers who don't know any better. Based on what I have read...I won't even bother trying a trial of 2007. Granted the other software out there in the personal finance space isn't that great, at least I have a decent version of money with 2004. C Money 2004 was the last best version of Money to be sure. When Money 2005 dropped I tried it for about a week and then moved to Quick...

Form/Subform Will Not Open
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in me...

E-mail folders will not open when Outlook installed
After OUTLOOK 2002 was installed on my computer it would not work properly, and the following error message was received: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found." "MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." See if the information in the following MSKB article helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];293058 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered ...

You will find that with a quartz watch, you will on average lose or gain up to one second per week. Compare that to a mechanical watch, which can potentially lose or gain up to one minute per week.
You will find that with a quartz watch, you will on average lose or gain up to one second per week. Compare that to a mechanical watch, which can potentially lose or gain up to one minute per week. It is obvious that quartz watches are much more accurate and reliable than a mechanical watch. What makes quartz so accurate is its extremely high oscillations of up to 32,768 cycles per second at$B!'(Bsalereplicawatch.com ...

moving to 2003 from 5.5 help
1. how do I shut down my 5.5 server to keep it from accepting new mail while I transfer mailboxes? I need to leave the data store running to do the transfer. Hello: You could stop the MTA service, but then you need the MTA service to move the data to the 2003 server. There is nothing wrong with the server accepting mail during a mailbox move. It shouldn't mess anything up if that's what you're worried about. 2003 will let you schedule the moves, so schedule it late at night when most people are asleep and not sending e-mails. Regards, Martin "Gonzosez" <tbyam@h...

Will not send but will reply..
I have Outlook2000 ...and I have a strange issue. I can recieve emails and reply to emails but I cannot send a new email? What happens when you try? Any error messages? If so, what are they (exact text please)? Also, what kind of mail account are you using...POP3/SMTP? IMAP? Other? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1672f15a.0402211238.2022f074@posting.google.com, J.C. wrote: > I have Outlook2000 ...and I have a strange issue. I can recieve ...