Why does rpc over https not work?

Hi all,

When I configure the rpc over https on the exchange 2003 servers, I still
can not make a connection as it pops me for the password.  After I entered my
domain password, it can not be accepted.  We have FE and BE servers and
exchange 2003 SP2.  I configure s tje FE server to use basic authentication
and integrated authentication on the backend serves.  I can not figure out
why it does not work.  Can anyone help me with these?

0
Jane (133)

Hi,

Try to access https://common-name/rpc. It should prompt you for user
name and password. If it is giving the certificate warning, install the
certificate in client m/c.

Also, i hope you have done all the neccessary conf required for rpc
over https that is enabling backend and frontend servers for rpc over
http, installing rpc proxy, setting up certificate authority,
publishing rpc.

Are you checking from intranet?
Is the OWA with SSL working?

Regards,
Vineet Arora

Jane wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I configure the rpc over https on the exchange 2003 servers, I still
> can not make a connection as it pops me for the password.  After I entered my
> domain password, it can not be accepted.  We have FE and BE servers and
> exchange 2003 SP2.  I configure s tje FE server to use basic authentication
> and integrated authentication on the backend serves.  I can not figure out
> why it does not work.  Can anyone help me with these?

Thanks for your help.  I am out of mind now.

> Try to access https://common-name/rpc. It should prompt you for user
> name and password.

YES.  It did prompt me the username and password.  When I entered
domain\username or username, nothing happens and it does not go any furthur
and still asks me for password and username.

can not figure out why?  Exchange servers are windows 2003 R2 and clients
are windows XP SP2 and outlokk 2003 SP2.

In the IIS of exchange frontend server, there is folder RpcWithCert inside
IIS.  I just enabled the SSL require on the folder rpc.  Is there anything I
need to do RpcWithCert folder as there is no authentication and SSL
requirement now?

Can anyone help?

"Vineet" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try to access https://common-name/rpc. It should prompt you for user
> name and password. If it is giving the certificate warning, install the
> certificate in client m/c.
>
> Also, i hope you have done all the neccessary conf required for rpc
> over https that is enabling backend and frontend servers for rpc over
> http, installing rpc proxy, setting up certificate authority,
> publishing rpc.
>
> Are you checking from intranet?
> Is the OWA with SSL working?
>
> Regards,
> Vineet Arora
>

> Jane wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When I configure the rpc over https on the exchange 2003 servers, I still
> > can not make a connection as it pops me for the password.  After I entered my
> > domain password, it can not be accepted.  We have FE and BE servers and
> > exchange 2003 SP2.  I configure s tje FE server to use basic authentication
> > and integrated authentication on the backend serves.  I can not figure out
> > why it does not work.  Can anyone help me with these?

0
Jane (133)
8/21/2006 3:58:01 PM
Hi,

I hope you have completed all the steps mentioned in below articles

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/92f1a371-86dc-4839-9732-5a85525a0874.mspx?mfr=true

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Outlook_2003_Connect_Exchange_2003.html

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/outlookrpchttp.html

Also, do you have OWA deployed in your org, if yes is it working fine
over SSL?

Are you trying to access Rpc over HTTPS fron intranet or internet?

You can try Rpc ping utility.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831051

Regards,
Vineet Arora

Jane wrote:

> Thanks for your help.  I am out of mind now.
>
> > Try to access https://common-name/rpc. It should prompt you for user
> > name and password.
>
> YES.  It did prompt me the username and password.  When I entered
> domain\username or username, nothing happens and it does not go any furthur
> and still asks me for password and username.
>
> can not figure out why?  Exchange servers are windows 2003 R2 and clients
> are windows XP SP2 and outlokk 2003 SP2.
>
> In the IIS of exchange frontend server, there is folder RpcWithCert inside
> IIS.  I just enabled the SSL require on the folder rpc.  Is there anything I
> need to do RpcWithCert folder as there is no authentication and SSL
> requirement now?
>
> Can anyone help?
>

> "Vineet" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try to access https://common-name/rpc. It should prompt you for user
> > name and password. If it is giving the certificate warning, install the
> > certificate in client m/c.
> >
> > Also, i hope you have done all the neccessary conf required for rpc
> > over https that is enabling backend and frontend servers for rpc over
> > http, installing rpc proxy, setting up certificate authority,
> > publishing rpc.
> >
> > Are you checking from intranet?
> > Is the OWA with SSL working?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Vineet Arora
> >

> > Jane wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > When I configure the rpc over https on the exchange 2003 servers, I still
> > > can not make a connection as it pops me for the password.  After I entered my
> > > domain password, it can not be accepted.  We have FE and BE servers and
> > > exchange 2003 SP2.  I configure s tje FE server to use basic authentication
> > > and integrated authentication on the backend serves.  I can not figure out
> > > why it does not work.  Can anyone help me with these?

Thanks for your kind help.  I did follow all links you sent to me.

> Also, do you have OWA deployed in your org, if yes is it working fine
> over SSL?
Yes.  It works fine.

> Are you trying to access Rpc over HTTPS fron intranet or internet?

From internet.  I watched the outlook connection status, the directory
server name shows nothing and later I got "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is
unavailable".

Also, I tested it from inside office, I am able to connect and but the
connection shows TCP/IP from outlook connection status.

We have windows 2K3 DCs and Windows 2000 DCs and all FSMO roles are on the
new DCs.  Do I all windows 20003 DCs?

Thanks,

"Vineet" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope you have completed all the steps mentioned in below articles
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/92f1a371-86dc-4839-9732-5a85525a0874.mspx?mfr=true
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Outlook_2003_Connect_Exchange_2003.html
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/outlookrpchttp.html
>
> Also, do you have OWA deployed in your org, if yes is it working fine
> over SSL?
>
> Are you trying to access Rpc over HTTPS fron intranet or internet?
>
> You can try Rpc ping utility.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831051
>
> Regards,
> Vineet Arora
>

> Jane wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your help.  I am out of mind now.
> >
> > > Try to access https://common-name/rpc. It should prompt you for user
> > > name and password.
> >
> > YES.  It did prompt me the username and password.  When I entered
> > domain\username or username, nothing happens and it does not go any furthur
> > and still asks me for password and username.
> >
> > can not figure out why?  Exchange servers are windows 2003 R2 and clients
> > are windows XP SP2 and outlokk 2003 SP2.
> >
> > In the IIS of exchange frontend server, there is folder RpcWithCert inside
> > IIS.  I just enabled the SSL require on the folder rpc.  Is there anything I
> > need to do RpcWithCert folder as there is no authentication and SSL
> > requirement now?
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> >

> > "Vineet" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Try to access https://common-name/rpc. It should prompt you for user
> > > name and password. If it is giving the certificate warning, install the
> > > certificate in client m/c.
> > >
> > > Also, i hope you have done all the neccessary conf required for rpc
> > > over https that is enabling backend and frontend servers for rpc over
> > > http, installing rpc proxy, setting up certificate authority,
> > > publishing rpc.
> > >
> > > Are you checking from intranet?
> > > Is the OWA with SSL working?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Vineet Arora

0
Jane (133)
8/22/2006 3:53:01 PM
Sorry about my unclear question.  Is every DC required to be on Windows 2003
for deploying rpc over https?

"Jane" wrote:

> Thanks for your kind help.  I did follow all links you sent to me.
>
> > Also, do you have OWA deployed in your org, if yes is it working fine
> > over SSL?
> Yes.  It works fine.
>
> > Are you trying to access Rpc over HTTPS fron intranet or internet?
>
> From internet.  I watched the outlook connection status, the directory
> server name shows nothing and later I got "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is
> unavailable".
>
> Also, I tested it from inside office, I am able to connect and but the
> connection shows TCP/IP from outlook connection status.
>
> We have windows 2K3 DCs and Windows 2000 DCs and all FSMO roles are on the
> new DCs.  Do I all windows 20003 DCs?
>
> Thanks,
>

> "Vineet" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I hope you have completed all the steps mentioned in below articles
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/92f1a371-86dc-4839-9732-5a85525a0874.mspx?mfr=true
> >
> > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Outlook_2003_Connect_Exchange_2003.html
> >
> > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/outlookrpchttp.html
> >
> > Also, do you have OWA deployed in your org, if yes is it working fine
> > over SSL?
> >
> > Are you trying to access Rpc over HTTPS fron intranet or internet?
> >
> > You can try Rpc ping utility.
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831051
> >
> > Regards,
> > Vineet Arora
> >

> > Jane wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for your help.  I am out of mind now.

> > > YES.  It did prompt me the username and password.  When I entered
> > > domain\username or username, nothing happens and it does not go any furthur
> > > and still asks me for password and username.
> > >
> > > can not figure out why?  Exchange servers are windows 2003 R2 and clients
> > > are windows XP SP2 and outlokk 2003 SP2.
> > >
> > > In the IIS of exchange frontend server, there is folder RpcWithCert inside
> > > IIS.  I just enabled the SSL require on the folder rpc.  Is there anything I
> > > need to do RpcWithCert folder as there is no authentication and SSL
> > > requirement now?
> > >
> > > Can anyone help?

0
Jane (133)
8/22/2006 5:14:02 PM
Hi,

No, its not like that. However the GC to which clients are connecting
must be Windows Server 2003. You can refer to below link for the System
Requirement for Rpc over HTTP

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/91dc76e8-e60f-4f95-a32f-d4de63b263ac.mspx?mfr=true

Can you verify the connectivity and name resolution from FE to BE, GC
and domain controllers. Is there any forewall in between FE and BE. If
yes open all ports from FE to BE, GC and Domain controllers.

Also, if http://common-name/rpc prompts you for user name and password
then your rpc configuration on server side is somewhat complete and ok.

I am putting it again that first it should work from inside your
network. OWA over SSL should work using the same common name that you
are using in HTTP proxy settings of outlook. From inside the network if
you try http://common-name/rpc, it should not give you a security
warning regarding certificate.

To access rpc virtual directory with the network using the same website
name that you will use from outside ( common-name of certificate), you
have to configure split dns. for the time being you can put a host file
entry in client m/c to mak eit work.

Carefully follow the steps of configuring RPC over HTTPS, a very small
mistake can cause it to fail.

Coming to the client, select the check box " On fast networks, Connect
using HTTP first then connect using TCP/IP" and then check the
connection status. It should try connecting via HTTPS first. You can
use outlook /rpcdiag to check that.

Can you configure rpc over https in any other m/c. I don't know why but
i m doubting on client.

have you tried rpcping utility?

Please follow the below URLs also.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Troubleshooting-RPC-over-HTTPS-Part1.html
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Troubleshooting-RPC-over-HTTPS-Part2.html
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/c7c21f18-a0de-4b8c-86fc-99de27aadfcd.mspx?mfr=true
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827330/
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555261

I hope it will help.

Regards,
Vineet Arora

Jane wrote:

> Sorry about my unclear question.  Is every DC required to be on Windows 2003
> for deploying rpc over https?
>
> "Jane" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your kind help.  I did follow all links you sent to me.
> >
> > > Also, do you have OWA deployed in your org, if yes is it working fine
> > > over SSL?
> > Yes.  It works fine.
> >
> > > Are you trying to access Rpc over HTTPS fron intranet or internet?
> >
> > From internet.  I watched the outlook connection status, the directory
> > server name shows nothing and later I got "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is
> > unavailable".
> >
> > Also, I tested it from inside office, I am able to connect and but the
> > connection shows TCP/IP from outlook connection status.
> >
> > We have windows 2K3 DCs and Windows 2000 DCs and all FSMO roles are on the
> > new DCs.  Do I all windows 20003 DCs?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > "Vineet" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I hope you have completed all the steps mentioned in below articles
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/92f1a371-86dc-4839-9732-5a85525a0874.mspx?mfr=true
> > >
> > > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Outlook_2003_Connect_Exchange_2003.html
> > >
> > > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/outlookrpchttp.html
> > >
> > > Also, do you have OWA deployed in your org, if yes is it working fine
> > > over SSL?
> > >
> > > Are you trying to access Rpc over HTTPS fron intranet or internet?
> > >
> > > You can try Rpc ping utility.
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831051
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Vineet Arora

Jane/Vineet

I have the same problem.

2 - 2000 DC's
1 - 2003 DC with GC
3 - 2003 FE Servers
1 Exchange 2003 SP2 Cluster active/active/passive (2 Exchange Virtual
Servers)

Internet --> Firewall --> 2003 FE Servers (DMZ) --> Firewall -->
2000/2003 DCs and 2003 Exchange Cluster BE

We have been on the phone with Microsoft for over 8 hours and we are no
closer to getting it to work... internally it will run Directory shows
TCP/IP but externally I get prompted for user name and password then I
get the server is unavailable.  Jane we are basically in the same boat
as you when it comes to client side problem... Did you ever figure it
out?

-Michael

Vineet wrote:
> [...]
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555261
>
> I hope it will help.
>
> Regards,
> Vineet Arora
>
> Jane wrote:
>
> > Sorry about my unclear question.  Is every DC required to be on Windows 2003
> > for deploying rpc over https?
> >
> > "Jane" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for your kind help.  I did follow all links you sent to me.

> > > Yes.  It works fine.

> > > From internet.  I watched the outlook connection status, the directory
> > > server name shows nothing and later I got "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is
> > > unavailable".
> > >
> > > Also, I tested it from inside office, I am able to connect and but the
> > > connection shows TCP/IP from outlook connection status.
> > >
> > > We have windows 2K3 DCs and Windows 2000 DCs and all FSMO roles are on the

Michael,

Thank you for your sharing.  Exactly, we are at the same situation.  I can
not figure out why?  I am just waiting for retiring all W2K DCs and then try
it again.  Do you have any solution yet?

Thanks,

Jane

"pickardmichael@gmail.com" wrote:

> [...]
> > use outlook /rpcdiag to check that.
> >
> > Can you configure rpc over https in any other m/c. I don't know why but
> > i m doubting on client.
> >
> > have you tried rpcping utility?
> >
> > Please follow the below URLs also.
> >
> > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Troubleshooting-RPC-over-HTTPS-Part1.html
> > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Troubleshooting-RPC-over-HTTPS-Part2.html
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/c7c21f18-a0de-4b8c-86fc-99de27aadfcd.mspx?mfr=true
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827330/
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555261
> >
> > I hope it will help.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Vineet Arora
> >
> > Jane wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry about my unclear question.  Is every DC required to be on Windows 2003

Mouse doesn't work in personal address book
I have just reinstalled windowsnt and outlook 2000 on the workstations. The scroll wheel on the mouse (MS Intellimouse) no longer works in the personal address books. It did before. I have tried the scroll wheel fixit wizard to no avail. Any suggestions? I have some very unhappy folks out there. Thanks in advance. ...

RPC over HTTP problem
I am running an exchange 2003 server in a mixed mode environment (both Exchange and domain environments) and one of the DCs is a windows 2003 DC. I follow the instructions from Microsoft web site to set it up and could not make it to work as it connects only to TCP/IP instead of HTTPS. The only things I could think of probably because I am running in a mixed mode windows 2000 ? or is it because I havenot converted my Exchange 2003 to native mode? Regards Steven Are all of your DC/GCs Windows 2003? (This is a must.) Are you using a certificate from an internal CA or 3rd party to secure...

Why doesn't my publisher site work with certain browsers?
I have used MS publisher to create my first website.It works fine with Explorer but certain 3rd party browsers do not display info correctly (eg. Mozilla Firefox). Is there maybe a setting I must change when publishing to the web?. I tried unchecking VML & PNG in 'Options/Web' which helped but not completely. I would appreciate any input. (The URL is 'www.nspl.org.za' if anybody would like to take a look) Publisher is designed to exploit the technologies of the IE browser for a richer customer experience. For a more robust site and compatibility, a web design tool is...

working out the day from the date
Hiya, Basically I have a table tblRubbishPickUp which records the weight of rubbish picked up on certain dates, the table has the fields (Weight, Date, Driver) I want to be able to work out the actual day i.e Monday, Tues, Wed etc does anyone know the formulae that you enter in to the query to figure this out? Fie In a query: PickupDay: Format([Date], "DDDD") -- Cheers, Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Fie" wrote: > Hiya, > Basically I have a table tblRubbishPickUp which records the weig...

Howto enable https outlook-web-access?
Hi there! Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access to the outlook-web-access feature? Thank you in advance, lg John On Wed, 4 May 2005 00:36:04 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there! > >Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access >to the outlook-web-access feature? > >Thank you in advance, lg John I'll send you to the complete article: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html even though you might not need it all for your setup. Tha...

Outlook 2007 via RPC
Hi, I have a XP workstation with Office 2007 working fine. If the computer is not a member of any domain, i can connect Outlook to an external RPC, this works fine, the install goes through fine too. If i then make that computer a member of a local Domain(not a member of the Domain that holds the RPC) and then log into that local domain with full supervisor rights I have connection problems.... "Cannot Open your Default e-mail Folders, You must connect to microsoft exchange with the current user profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file&q...

RPC over HTTP setup help. RPC DIag returns no results.
I have been trying for several weeks to get RPC over HTTP workign in our environment. I refuse to put an ISA in place and am currently behing a Pix 520 ( which is not the issue, all logs show no denied traffic) I also see no error logs in either of my Exchange servers. Please any help is appreciated. From my Front end Server I see the followign when running RPCDIAG ** Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /p ncacn_http Querying Endpoint Mapper Database... RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied....

how do I get outlook 2003 to work in windows 7
Outlook 2003 will not open the data file and therefore can not open. I have tried deleting the mapi .inf data and also the profile and then reentered it. I have removed all the office 2007 products , I even tried bringing the old data file from my old computer across... please help.... What happens when you try to open the data file? What steps are you using to open the data file? Outlook 2003 does work well in Windows 7. How did you bring the data file over from the other computer? Have checked to see if the PST is marked read only? If it is, remove the attribute and then t...

RPC
Since having to repair my windows installation i am now getting these error messages when i try to connect to my Exchange server: A system component, RPC required by outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. for more information contact your system administrator. What can i do the resolve this. Do you have these registry keys? REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols] "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_http"="...

Hyperlink on in-coming mail not working
We are unable to open any links that appear on any mail that offers this option. Instead we have to copy the shortcut and then paste it on the internet. Would appreciate it if somebody could tell me what to do. Thank you, Have you had any luck resolving this? I am having the same problem and have had no luck in tracking down an answer. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >We are unable to open any links that appear on any mail >that offers this option. Instead we have to copy the >shortcut and then paste it on the internet. > >Would appreciate it if somebody cou...

RPC
I was asked the following question from one of our developers. "Do we have RPC (remote procedure calls) setup with Exchange 2003 and Outlook?" I am running Exchange 2003 SP1. How do I verify this? Thanks, Tyson If you have to ask your answer is probably no. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401/en-us hth DDS W 2k MVP MCSE "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:447DD05E-FD4A-47E0-88CD-983A1374497A@microsoft.com... >I was asked the following question from one of our developers. > > "Do we have RPC (remote proce...

M2003 Deluxe not responding when I try to do tax work
When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or look at tax reports, M2003 Deluxe freezes. What is the fix? It may well just be that you have to wait longer. Have you tried that approach? My 2.2 GHz P4 takes the better part of a (not responding, 100% CPU, hourglass, et al.) minute to get into Tax Estimator on M04. (And then the text rendering is trashed besides.) M03 was no faster. "dutchman001" <dutchman001@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uKHHC9I0DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When I try to go into Tax Estimator and click on a link there, or ...

Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000 / RPC over HTTP
Howdy all! Just wanted to verify that Exchange Server 2003 SP2 is indeed supported on Windows Server 2000 SP3 and above! Additionally, want to verify that in order to use RPC over HTTP you need to be running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 (read: that it will not work on a WIN2000/EXCH2003 setup). Thank you! -- Cary W. Shultz Roanoke, VA 24012 Correct. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx System Requirements for RPC over HTTP on Exchange Server 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/91dc76e8-e60f-4f9...

Outlook and message rules- can't get one to work?
I have set up message rules to divert mail from my inbox to various sub folders or new folders. I use these:- Check messages when they arrive\ from people or distribution list \ with specific words in the senders address \ with specific words in the subject or body Now the problem is that some of the messages are recieved from people in my address book and when they send a message sometimes their name and address is in the 'from' and other times it is just their name and so the ones with just their name do not get moved across to the folder I want. I have added their name or...

RPC over HTTP #7
I have an Outlook 2003 client that is connecting to exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Whenever Oultook is launched or an active sync is attempted with the client, the user is prompted to enter a username and password. Is there a way to turn this authentication off? Other systems on the network configured for RPC over HTTP access are not prompting for authentication. I'm puzzled by what is causing this. Thanks, Mike Do you have the authentication set to Simple or NTLM? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolic...

Replacement function not working in a TOC field
Goal: In some lines of a TOC, I want to replace the tab, page number and paragraph mark with a paragraph mark only. The lines are identified with by including a specific word (in the example/code below, the identifying word is 'ONE'). For example, PART ONE TRUST DISTRIBUTION PROVISIONS 1 is replaced by PART ONE TRUST DISTRIBUTION PROVISIONS The code below works if the selected text is typed text, but doesn't work if the selected text is in the Table of Contents field: Sub test() ' Remove the number after a 'Part' X. With Selection.Find ...

Reports Work only on CRM Server
My Reports are working fine on the CRM server But not on any desktop pc's. I see many posts about this issue, but for me SSRS, CRM and MSSQL are all on the same Server (Windows 2003 SP1) and i am not trying to publish it external. I have verified all my settings based on the other posts excluding the "additional setup tasks". When accessing from a desktop PC it allows me to choose filters and when I click "run report" it prompts for a username and password. I entered the same username and password that I am authenticating with on the CRM Box and it fails and sen...

Unable to create my work email account on exchange server
Hi, I am trying to setup my work email account on exchange server in Outlook 2003 on windows vista on my personal PC but whenever i try to do "check name" it gives me the following pop message: "The action could not be completed. The connection to the Micorsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I will really appreciate any advice or guidance on what's going wrong here. Regards, sudha On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 21:52:08 -0700, sudha <sudha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Hi, ...

Microsoft Outlook Help not working
When I click on the Microsoft Outlook help button, the Office Assistant appears and I am able to type in my question. However, when the list of "what would you like to do" appears and I click on one, nothing happens, - the window where the answer would be is blank. How do I get it to show the answer? Helen What version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO ...

IsHyperlink not working for Unbound Textbox
My Access 2003 form contains unbound text boxes with the IsHyperlink property set to True but the pointer does not change to a hand as the mouse passes over. The mouse pointer does change to a hand if the text box is bound to a data source. Please tell me how to make the mouse pointer change to a hand as it passes over an unbound text box. On Sat, 8 May 2010 01:56:46 -0400, "DRedDog" <dreddog69@hotmail.com> wrote: When unbound, the change of the mouse pointer happens when you hover over the text in the textbox, not over the empty space in the textbox (unl...

RPC over HTTP and internal RPC access?
If I implement RPC over HTTP on an Exchange 2003 server do all the clients have to be configured to use this option or will the clients that connect through VPN or internally using previous versions of Outlook still be able to connect? In other words, is the server still backward compatible once the change is made on the server? Thanks, Mike They will still be able to connect. RPC over HTTP requires client side configs to get it to work right as well... "Mike G." <wet@dog.com> wrote in message news:K9ydndVGTcIrNdDfRVn-iA@pghconnect.com... > If I implement RP...

RPC over HTTP #8
I use Outlook 2003 with SP2 on a windows XP SP2 laptop. I need to configure it so that I can connect to a Small Business Server 2003 that has 15 other users already using Exchange with RPC over HTTP. I configure the Exchange over Internet settings the same as another laptop user but it always gives me the response "Outlook could not logon.....Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". Any help is appreciated ! ...

calculate not working
I'm having the same problem as Tony. My formulas are suddenly not working. I've turned calculate auto and manual. tried saving, closing & reopening file & still the =sum(...) formulas aren't working. Perhaps the formula got entered as text? Check the formatting of the cell, make sure it is set to something other than text, then enter cell (press F2) and re-confirm (press enter). -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Janet" wrote: > I'm having the same problem as Tony. My formulas are suddenl...

Convert Word 2003 to Works
Hi, the new system that I purchased has OfficeWorks installed which I would rather use that the (cumbersum) Office 2003 program and would like to know if their is an easy way to covert the xxx.doc files to Works xxx.wps format? Thanks, Bob Does "Works" open the doc files? If so, you don't need to convert. Boblink wrote: > Hi, the new system that I purchased has OfficeWorks installed which I would > rather use that the (cumbersum) Office 2003 program and would like to know if > their is an easy way to covert the xxx.doc files to Works xxx.wps format? &g...

rpc over https and Invalid name of server
i hope someone can help.. first I want to use rpc over https for a couple of users that all have 1 main server and that is it. They are running windows 2003 server and exchange2003/sp1 along w/office 2003/sp3. went thru hole process of all steps to get rpc over http working. Also I created a internal standalone version of certificate server. Create certificate with fqdn of exchange server. When i http if fails and will only let me do https which is great. I also do the rpc test and it show correct. I have followed all the steps and it listens on correct ports 6001,6002,6004...My certi...