Why does OWA...

When I bring up OWA, it asks me for my authentication twice in a row.  The
first one appears to be just logging onto the server and the second one
seems to be logging into Exchange.  I really don't know exactly.

The first authentication box says "Site: mydomain.com"
The second authentication box says "Site: server.mydomain.com"

Is this normal?

0
jgirard1 (20)

Can not reply to or forward emails in OWA while on wireless Router
The CEO of our company called. When he is connected to his Netgear wireless router he can not reply to or forward emails in OWA. If he connects to the ethernet port on the router OWA works fine. I suggested turning off the 108mbs Super G and connecting at 54MBS. I also told him to see if he has any filters on his wireless router. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? thanks, Dave On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:14:28 -1000, <jbravo2840@yahoo.com> wrote: > The CEO of our company called. When he is connected to his Netgear > wireless router he can not reply to or forward ema...

OWA, IE8, and Win 7
I've successfully used Outlook Web Access for quite a while. Recently bought a machine running Windows 7, thus, IE 8. When I try to reply to a message or start a new message, there is no text box where I can type... Just greyed out with a red "X" in the upper left corner. The OWA site IS in my Trusted Sites. Pop-Up Blocker is OFF. I HAVE updated OWA's "S/MIME Control". Once I did that, I gained the ability to type a message in the box – but when I hit “Send”, it creates a fatal error in Internet Explorer either during or just after running the...

Exchange 2003 OWA Forms Security
Hi All, I am testing an interesting scenario - If a user is logged into OWA and then the account is disabled, the user can still actively send emails. I am thinking this may hold true for mobile access as well. We are running Exch 2003 SP2 ENT on Win 2003 SP2 ENT with a FE/BE configuration with Forms based authentication enabled for OWA. My timeouts are 15 mins for 'Public' and 8 hrs for 'Private'. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way for us to force a re-authentication or something else without reducing the timeouts? Is this a known issue? Tha...

OWA - Change Password
(Crossposted from Clustering newsgroup) I have encountered a perplexing issue. This problem has been driving me nuts for a full day. I have searched the web for a solution, but the proposed solutions do not work. The issue is this: users cannot change their passwords through OWA. I have enabled the button, I created the iisadmpwd directory (with the correct permissions) and pointed it at s:\iisadmpwd (after copying the active server pages over), and during troubleshooting now I am using: %windir%\[...]\iisadmpwd, issued a certificate, applied it do that virtual server, enabled SSL f...

SP2 caused OWA to stop working?
Hello. Help, I needed to install sp2 on a win2k3 sbs server to get benifit of 75gb mailbox. However, now that that issue is fixed, owa doesn't work. What the help? Prompts for username/password, and then automaticly fails. Anyone have any ideas? This is a production server, and I'm not going to be liked tomorrow if users can't access owa. Thanks in advanced for your help. Have a GREAT one!! Jason, Please post copies of any errors or warnings being displayed in the Event Logs. -- - David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ "jason" wrote: > Hello. H...

User Complaint with OWA
One of my users called in to complain that when he tries to use OWA, he can open it fine, but when he clicks Reply on any message, it asks him for an Office Pro Disk. How is this possible? Isnt OWA purely a web browser utility? Thank You https://owa.poportsna.com/office2000problem.htm There used to be a KB on this, but it's gone. "Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message news:e8nU6cMeFHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > One of my users called in to complain that when he tries to use OWA, he > can open it fine, but when he clicks Reply on any messag...

OWA 2003 hanging after authentication externally
Please help!! I have Exch 2003 Enterprise (with SP1) on a Win 2003 SP1 server. I am having a really bizarre issue which I have had for weeks now and nothing I have done has fixed it. Some clients pc's externally (XP and 2000) when logging onto our OWA mail receive the authentication box and after entering their credentials it just hangs with a blue line in the middle whilst trying to load the inbox contents. Internally using XP works fine on all accounts I have tested so far. Don't have any 2000 pcs internally to test. It works on other XP and 2000 machines that I have tested fine, ...

OWA locking up
We have Exchange 2003 FE/BE setup and have users accessing mailboxes via OWA both internal and external. Sometimes they get locked up when attempting functions such as replying to emails, setting up calendar appointments, etc. I had noticed in the HTTPERR log files that we were getting errors like this: BPROPPATCH /exchange/JStegbauer/ 400 1 Connection_Dropped ExchangeApplicationPool I researched the error and located an article that stated that we needed to upgrade the OS to 2003 SP1. We did that and we are still getting the errors. Anyone have any idea why this might still occur? We ...

OWA W/ Sub Domain & SSL
I am setting up OWA for the first time on Exchange 2003, Win2k3 with the following scenario: - SSL Certificate purchased, email.mydomain.com - All OWA traffic to be served by my front end server, only using port 443 SSL - I need to create the sub domain email.mydomain.com Setting up OWA is simple enough, but I have never had to create the sub domain, and I am not sure how to do this in IIS. Does have anyone have a step by step document for this situation? I think playing around trying to do it myself has pretty much hosed the default web site and ow out of the box config, so I have to start ...

Exchange 2003 OWA #7
We just migrated our Exchanger system to version 2003 enterprise two weeks ago and are having an issue we need assistance with. When our users access the OWA outside the LAN, they are unable to create new calendar events nor new e-mail messages. Whenever we do try to do the above, we get a message stating "you do not have permission to delete this item". At this point another window opens up that just shows the inbox and nothing happens. Our research on the web has not shown us anything. The odd part of this problem is that it does not occur when you access OWA within th...

Enable HTTPS/SSL OWA Exchange 2000 cluster
I am trying to enable https for owa on an exchange 2000 cluster. I am not sure what is happening but basically the page never opens, I get no errors in the event logs or on the page, the page just reads can not be displayed. ...

OWA Signature Related Problem
my problem related with the OWA 2007 Signature. how can i insert picture or image in signature, after trying i have insert picture in it but its desnt apper on recipient site. So kindly guide me the right way to insert our company logo in the signature and after sending it can be show or view on recipient end. your urgent response for the specific mail will be highly appeciable. AFAIK; OWA 2007 does not support creating signature templates with images. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FA...

Can't logon to OWA with particular username while mine is working fine #4
Hallo, I use OWA at home and it's working fine. When I want to logon with a particular username and password I can't login. The option on exchange for OWA is enabled. When I want to login I get the following error: "The page cannot be displayed" HTTP 500 - Internal server error Internet Explorer Thanx in advance ...

I need to move my owa machine to new hardward
what is the best way to do this? I am moving it to totally different chipsets and everything so ghosting isn't really an option. I have already upgraded the owa to 2003, but need to move it to more beefy hardware. I want to keep the same machine name, but I am thinking this is not possible. Any suggestions thanks, comb On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:01:53 -0500, combfilter <whore@whore.com> wrote: > > >what is the best way to do this? > >I am moving it to totally different chipsets and everything so ghosting >isn't really an option. I have already upgra...

Can images be used in OWA signatures?
We're using Exchange 2003. Local Outlook 2003 clients can, of course, have images in their signatures. But can images be inserted into the same user's OWA? If so, how? Thanks. On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:38:17 -0800, "Julie" <julie@somewhere.org> wrote: >We're using Exchange 2003. Local Outlook 2003 clients can, of course, >have images in their signatures. But can images be inserted into the >same user's OWA? If so, how? > >Thanks. > Yuck. "Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message &...

Can I configure OWA on SBS 2003 R2 Premium to access MS CRM 3.0?
Hello, We use OutLook Web Access (OWA) via the Small Business Server 2003. Can I configure OWA to access MS CRM 3.0? In other words, there are client for OutLook DESKTOP and LAPTOP. But I don't see a web version so I could access via OWA. Any help is great appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Andy The basic version of CRM is a web based client. If you are looking for a version that intergrates with OWA, there is none. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "gocrm" wrote: > Hello, > > We use OutLook Web Access (OW...

OWA Woes, SSL
Exchange 2003 SP2, no Front end server. I had originally created the certificate incorrectly (I did not use the FQDN). So I removed it, created a new certificate, and now I cannot even use OWA. I have effectively killed it. Any thoughts or suggestions? I did run the IIS Diagnostics. For the website: https://servername/exchange, using Authentification & Access control I get: Result Details Test Authentication Path:W3SVC/1/ROOT/exchange AuthType:Basic UNCPassword An invalid value for UNCUserName or UNCPa...

Removing/deleting attachments via OWA?
(Not sure if this is the best group to ask this; apologies in advance if there is a more appropriate place.) Is there a way to delete an attachment from a received email via Outlook Web Access? I've tried a Mac and a PC, and both IE and Firefox, but can't seem to figure this out. (The usual Edit Message>(select attachment)>Delete bit works from Outlook directly.) Thanks in advance! You can block attachments: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555001/en-us Nue "HJ" <HJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD33EFF4-AA34-4AFF-8D69-37174CEB7BE9@mic...

OWA 2K
I've set the default domain in IIS. For most users, they are able to login without using the domain\username format, but some users are required to enter the domain to login successfully. Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks, Jeremy jeremy_boschen@fwc.com (J. Boschen) wrote: >I've set the default domain in IIS. For most users, they are able to >login without using the domain\username format, but some users are >required to enter the domain to login successfully. > >Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? this should work, or not work, equa...

How to disable OWA by default (Exchange/Windows 2003)
Hey there, we are in a situatie were it's important that only certain users get OWA. Unfortunately it's enabled by default. We could ofcourse make a template in which it is disabled, but you could never be sure that all administrators would use it to create users. So we need another way to disable it by default. Anyone know how to do this? Kind regards protocolSettings is the attribute you want. Its enabled by default. Disable OWA for an account and you'll see what you need to set the value to for new users. On Tue, 10 May 2005 14:33:16 +0200, Freaky <badtomention@innew...

OWA printing deletes text
When a user on a XP SP2 computer accesses their mail using OWA on an Exch 2003 server, then composes a message and clicks the print icon, all of the test from the body of the message is deleted. I am able to replicate this problem consistantly on my XP SP2 workstation. User also states that while using Firefow, the problem doesnot happen. Any thoughts? "Starrdog" <Starrdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When a user on a XP SP2 computer accesses their mail using OWA on an Exch >2003 server, then composes a message and clicks the print icon, all of the >te...

Exchange 2003, OWA & Public Folders
When using the OWA that's connected to an Exchange 2003 server, the PUBLIC FOLDERS and subfolders are not accessible from the tree located on the lefthand side of the browser. When clicking on the Public Folders button (located at the bottom of the lefthand side of the browser), a new browser opens with access to the Public Folders, but the user is not allowed to copy eMail files from their in-box to any of the folders in the Public Folders tree. In Exchange 2000, the OWA showed the Public Folders tree and thus would allow a user with the appropriate permissions to drag and dro...

OWA password change...
HI having a bit of an issue with OWA and changing passwords, this used to work in the past, but now i recieve an "error 5" when trying to change paswword through OWA using IE, it seems to work fine with Firefox. any thoughts. I am using front end , backend design for OWA, im thinking a recent MS update broke it but so far cant figure this one out...have gone through the MS kb article on seeting up password change from OWA, everything seems ok . thx ...

OWA password problem
If we reset a username and password with the "user must change password at next logon" checked, then the user logs on to through the OWA, they are getting that they are not authorize to view the web page. This is Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator ...

OWA issues #4
When i go to http:\\server1\exchange I get the security warning but after I click on "OK" I get. "You are not authorized to view this page" any ideas? On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:31:50 -0400, "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote: > >When i go to http:\\server1\exchange I get the security warning but after I >click on "OK" I get. "You are not authorized to view this page" > > > >any ideas? > What warning? On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:42:41 -0400, "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net&g...