why do mailbox limits take time to come into effect?

Hello,
If i change someones limits, they cannot imediatly send messages (it
still says that they have exceeded their limit).  why does this take
approx 1 hr?  The user is connected to the exchange server (1 of 1).
It should not need time to replicate, because it should not have
anything to do with AD, DC, GC.
What am i missing?
thanks A

This sounds like
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327378&sd=RMVP

"aaron.whittaker" <aaronwhittaker2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> If i change someones limits, they cannot imediatly send messages (it
> still says that they have exceeded their limit).  why does this take
> approx 1 hr?  The user is connected to the exchange server (1 of 1).
> It should not need time to replicate, because it should not have
> anything to do with AD, DC, GC.
> What am i missing?
> thanks A

0
neo7948 (622)
1/24/2005 11:56:39 PM
Restart the store or:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5bLN%5d;327378

On 24 Jan 2005 15:31:33 -0800, aaronwhittaker2002@yahoo.com
(aaron.whittaker) wrote:

>Hello,
>If i change someones limits, they cannot imediatly send messages (it
>still says that they have exceeded their limit).  why does this take
>approx 1 hr?  The user is connected to the exchange server (1 of 1).
>It should not need time to replicate, because it should not have
>anything to do with AD, DC, GC.
>What am i missing?
>thanks A

0
adavid (8731)

Row limit in Excel #2
Is there a row limitation in Excel ? Reason why I ask, I have a control that reads rows out of a Database. I have the option of creating this report by dates. With one date, it will yield 5965 rows and I can open up that report. Now with just the next day's date, it will yield 6060 rows and the Excel file will be created, but it encounters a Microsoft error. There is no difference in the data. I can in fact make the dates shift and include the date range that was failing but it wouldn't go to the current - i.e. 4/23/2004 to 3/29/05 will fail but 4/24/05 - 03/29/05 will wor...

EWS and constant reminders
If a person created a reoccurring event using Entourage 2008 when Standard time was in effect for an event that begins during Daylight time (for example a reoccurring event beginning in May was created back in Jan) than when the event reminder is generated later it pops up every minute for the event despite being dismissed each time. When viewing the event using Outlook 2007 - Standard time is listed in the description. To fix the issue the reoccurring event has to be recreated during the same time adjustment period. I've had to do this for annual events (birthdays) that were c...

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

Free\Busy Time Setting
Hi I have set up a number of Rooms as Resources. When we Schedule a meeting, although the Resource is set up to Auto-Reply, the Meeting is booked in the Resource Diary, but does not Show up in a subsequent Meeting Schedule, as busy, for 15 minutes. I have set up the Resources to update every minute, but this does not seem to help. How do I change the Refresh on the Exchange Server. If I book another Meeting with the Resource, it adds the last meeting into the View Group Schedule list, but of course the Meeting I have just created waits another 15 minutes. Thanks Allan ...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

time calculation #4
I'd like to count the total hours by one column deducted by another. Format: When I entered the time, I didn't put AM and PM into consideration. So cell is considered AM. How can I change the whole column from AM to PM without affecting the numbers? For examples, it shows 9:10 and it's 9:10pm instead of changing to 21:10 in cell? How to calculate the hours between 7:04am to the 1:03am of the next day? The deduction turns to ######. Thanks for the help, When I enter time code of video in a cell, it always think it's the clock time. if I enter 34:44, it changes it to 10:44. H...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Limit on # of worksheets in a workbook
Does anyone know the Excel limit on the # of worksheets/tabs allowed in a workbook? I have read that there are no limit on number of sheets in a workbook, but you will get a memory problem with lots of sheets witch contain lots of data. Maximum number of worksheets in a new workbook is 256, default is 3 (?) but you may change that. knut "HTC" <HTC@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:AD711D19-DF48-413C-8C8A-86A3CC12A581@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know the Excel limit on the # of worksheets/tabs allowed in a > workbook? Go to "Tools", t...

real time charting contd.
i got a reply regarding my question regarding real-time charting, but is there some way to save entries from a changing cell periodically, say every 15 mins? i have one cell that displays stock quotes in real time, and i would like to save the data from this cell in given time intervals. any insights would definitely be appreciated. Subject: Re: Real-Time Charting From: "Tushar Mehta" <ng_poster@bigfoot.com> Sent: 7/19/2003 1:27:06 PM I don't believe you can plot data that haven't been saved somewhere. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

limit to list
thank you ================= The text you entered isn't an item in the list Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed items ============== How can change this message with custom On Dec 28, 2:30 pm, "a" <A...@a.com> wrote: > thank you > > ================= > > The text you entered isn't an item in the list > > Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed > items > > ============== > > How can change this message with custom Use the control's NotInList to event...

How do I change actual data from "date with exact time" to just "d
I am trying to use date information from an access database. I am not an Access expert by any means. All I would like to do is change a date entry from "7/27/2009 10:37:59 AM" to just "7/27/2009" (as I do not care about the specific time), perhaps by adding another column to a table, or through some other mechanism. I am not just looking to reformat for display - I am looking to change the actual data from a date and time representation to a date only so that the data queries I am making are easier to manage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, On S...

Need easy way to remove time from a cell
I have a list of cells that have a date and time in each cell. I nee an easy way to remove the time, but leave the date. For example, th cell may have 12/29/2003 5:39:57 PM. I only want 12/29/2003. When try to format the cell, it looks correct, but the time is still on th formula bar. Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (if your time is stored in A1) =INT(A1) format this result as date -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "penroma >" <<penroma.11qrnv@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:penroma.11qr...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Why does the EULA appears every time open an Office Pro 2003 prog.
my software is duly licensed and correctly installed You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202 Sandy wrote: > my software is duly licensed and correctly installed ...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

Smartlist Builder should let me limit the amount of records displ.
I want to create Smartlists with Smartlist Builder that only display a specific number of records. By limiting the amount of records that diplay, I can give access to the Smartlist to more people in my company. For instance, I don't want my order processing staff to have access to my Sales Transaction Smartlist because the owner of the company doen't want them to be able to extract certain sales data on the company from it. By creating a Smartlist that limits the number of records the user can access they could have a chopped verision of the Sales Transaction list that they coul...

query on records based on time interval
If I have a table something like this:startdate | stime | endate | etime | tool3/3/07 | 8:47 | 3/4/07 | 00:30 | A3/4/07 | 3:57 | 3/4/07 |4:30 | B3/4/07 |8:21 | 3/4/07 |9:20 | CCurrently I have a form which use to open dailyrecord.I have one textbox([date]) for enter date and a button to view.Is it possible when I wan to open a new form with all the records on3/4/07it will only give me the records from 3/3/07 7:00 till 3/4/07 7:00(thus, only show tool A and tool B)my currently event procedure for the button is below:Dim strSQL As StringDim strWhere As StringIf Not I...