white spaces in exchange 5.5

Does any one know how to use performance monitor to view how much white
space is on an exchange 5.5 server?

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:07:02 -0800, Arthur <Arthur
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does any one know how to use performance monitor to view how much white
>space is on an exchange 5.5 server?

"eseutil /ms" will give a detailed account of the free space.

Events 1221 will give you the minimum amount to be recovered.

More Info:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186291&Product=ech

"XADM: Cannot Determine Free Space Available in Exchange Database"

0
adavid (8731)

Block Incoming Mail Exchange 5.5
Hi was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible and how to restrict incoming mail at our Exchange server (in particular hotmail type emails) I can only see so far that it's possible to restrict delivery of internal recipients emails. Thanks Hi Kaz, This is pretty simple. Just use the article below to assist you. 245465 XFOR: Configuring Message Filtering on the Internet Mail Service http://support.microsoft.com/?id=245465 Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. ...

CEdit white
I have some read only CEdit controls on a dialog, but they appear grey. I would like them to be white. I tried subclassing CEdit and adding the following method (m_brBackgroundBrush is a plain white brush), but they are still grey - any ideas? Should I overwrite the OnPaint or OnDraw method perhaps? BOOL CEditWhite::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { BOOL returnVal = CEdit::OnEraseBkgnd(pDC); CRect rect; GetClientRect(&rect); // Tile the watermark bitmap over the screen pDC->FillRect(&rect, &m_brBackgroundBrush); return returnVal; } "GT" <ContactGT_removeme_@...

white spaces in exchange 5.5
Does any one know how to use performance monitor to view how much white space is on an exchange 5.5 server? On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:07:02 -0800, Arthur <Arthur @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Does any one know how to use performance monitor to view how much white >space is on an exchange 5.5 server? > "eseutil /ms" will give a detailed account of the free space. Events 1221 will give you the minimum amount to be recovered. More Info: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186291&Product=ech "XADM: Cannot Determine Free Spa...

Help Please
Hello, We cannot access Exchange. Relevant error log entries pasted below. I've tried the following: 1. Disabled Symantec AV real time protection. 2. Stopped and restarted all Exchange services. 3. Rebooted the server. 4. Still not working, I tried to stop all Exchange services again, they would not stop. 5. Disabled Symantec Mail Security scanning, virus & filter policies. Small Business Server 2000, Exchange Service Pack 3 (i think..) The following are from Application log: Source: ESE Event ID: 486 2:31 AM Information Store (4340) An attempt to move the file "G:\Exchsrv...

Exchange roles
At out Exchange 2003 Org level I found a couple account with Exchange view only administrator (customized). How to create such customized role and how can I view what has been customized? Thanks. Just want to add a couple things. I tested in my lab. At Org level I assigned a user with Exchange view only administrator role using Delegate Control wizard. Then go to Security, Advanced. Add a few more functions such as create public folders, send as, etc. Then Apply. But when I run Delegate Control wizard at Org level it still shows view only. Nothing with (customized). "Chr...

Spaces in Data
Hi, I am trying to do a mail merge and the excel data that I am using has a bunch of spaces in the field that shows the city. So when I list the City St and Zip the state is about 7 spaces after the city. 123 Main Street Thanks RRH -- Rhall ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rhall's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390437 Hi, I think, you might need to clean your database. If the "spaces" are real spaces (and not other no...

Space Shapes
I have created a floor plan that contains "L" and "T" shaped rooms. I am now creating a Space plan and I would like to know how to make "L" and "T" shapped spaces? "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4309B12A-5F43-4B91-8B22-EE7F91251D57@microsoft.com... > I have created a floor plan that contains "L" and "T" shaped rooms. I > am now creating a Space plan and I would like to know how to make "L" and > "T" > shapped spaces? Draw a rect...

Exchange Serive and Outside pop server
Can someone help me setting this up, I running exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server, I also have an outside pop server. When a outlook client chooses an exchange recepient to mail to I want it to route to the pop server NOT directly to the recepients exchange mailbox. I have outlook setup with an pop3 account and exchange. Thanks so much! "=?Utf-8?B?TWFudWVsIFJvYmxlcw==?=" <Manuel Robles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:34EDEC7F-C670-48A6-82E2-ED46AA55AB01@microsoft.com: > Can someone help me setting this up, I running exchange 5.5 on a > windows 2000 ser...

Best Method for importing Account/Contacts into CRM currently store as Contacts in Exchange Public Folders
Hi all, I am looking at CRM 3 to update our simple CRM solution that was based on custom contact forms stored in Exchange folders. We have two Exchange contacts folders storing this info - one stores the Company (Account) and the other will store the Contact. Both use custom forms and are linked simply by a number generated and placed into the "Account" field for the Company and copied to the same field on the Contact form. We then had an ActiveX list control that would display the relevant contact for a Company in its form. I have not used Outlook BCM, but I feel "two ...

Exchange and/or POP3
Hi all, I just came in to a client that is a small school that has approx 40 permanent staff and about 70-100 students on a 4 year program. Each year a new group of students come in while a group graduates and leaves. Currently the school uses Exchange for their email. Each student is given an email address and this is the way the staff communicates with them. So the students do not need any other function than email which they need to be able to access remotely - ie via web or pop3 client. They are running a Win2003 Server and Exchange. Each year, students are added/removed from the syste...

CMenu is white background
Hi I'm having an MFC application (which are compiled with /CLR option to use ..Net components), and I've got a strang behavior when clicking on the menu of the main frame. First, this is a MDI application. When a click on a menu, everything works fine except that the redraw of the Menu lets its background in white Is there any way to solve this probleme ? Nicolas , Toulouse, France I'm not sure I understand. Almost every menu on my system has a white background. What color is it usually? Tom "nicolas ETIENNE" <nicolas.etienne@oktal.fr> wrote in messag...

Exchange 2003
I have a web/email server running Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchagne 2003 and we host email for multiple clients. I can't find a way to have their real name display on email in Exchange clients in the same network (or web mail). I had to be able to have two or more users with the name 'Chris Miller'. I thought that by using a naming convention on the username (ie cmpChrisMiller) and then putting in Chris Miller for first and last name would accomplish this, but that is not the case. When I tried that, it said the name was already in use. So I conclude that a unique u...

Outlook Message start with white text and white background...
I am having an issue with Outlook whereas when I write a message... It starts with white text on a white background? WE will presume that you have already checked under Tools->options->mail format->fonts? If yes, are you using Word as your editor and have you chosen a Style that uses this font color against a dark background? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ron.... asked: | I am having an issue...

pix config for exchange
Can I point two private IPs in the pix to allow SMTP access using single public IP? I also wonder if I can have two routing groups co-existance within the same exchange organization one in ex5.5 and another in ex2k. Please help me so that I can resolve some issues... "Jessica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I point two private IPs in the pix to allow SMTP >access using single public IP? if it's nat'ing the addresses, sure. >I also wonder if I can >have two routing groups co-existance within the same >exchange organization on...

Help #5
Hi, I received email with attachment, when i click on the attachment (paperclip) to view it, it is grey in color and can not open. when opening the message, on top of the screen just below the icon bar the following message appeared: (OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:) followed by the file name. How can I get my email attachments read as before, please help. Thanks Imad Is OE not suggesting to you that the file attachment had a virus attached? Was the mail received from someone you know? Perhaps you should contact them separately and ask if they sen...

How do I change text from Black on white to white on black?
I also would to add a 5 cell bar starting white and gradually changing to black. For future note, put your question in body, as subject line gets truncated. Format->cells, change font to white color, pattern to black As for a gradual change, you could try formatting each cell progressively less and less black. Say, 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%,etc. You can use custom colors to get the exact level you want. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Joe G." wrote: > I also would to add a 5 cell bar starting white and gradually changin...

Mangled Exchange 2000 Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests
Were upgrading from 2000 AD and Exchange to 2003 AD and Exchange we are doing the Exchange server first. According to KB Article ID: 314649 To prevent Mangled Attributes in Windows 2000 Forests that contain an Exchange 2000 Servers we need to run the; ldifde -i -f inetorgpersonprevent.ldf -v -c DC=Domain,DC=com Script. When I tried to do this, I received an error that the From To DN is incorrect. Not knowing what this meant searched the console. The script wants to rename the ms-Exch-Assistant-Name, ms-Exch-LabeledURI, and the ms-Exch-House-Identifier CN attributes to msExch...

Exchange 2003: Any way of getting a break down on the size, type, date range, etc of email attachments stored?
We have a sharepoint consultant in this week. He has asked me for the following data: Volume of file attachments in email system Date ranges of data Percentage of data in each date range Document types Percentage of data by document types I dont know how to get this information using Exchange 2003. Can anyone advise if this is possible? Thanks, QH Hi, You can find some with perfmon, but not all.. Regards, -- JF BERENGUER MCSA messaging, MCSE, MCT NEWPORT COMMUNICATIONS http://actelia.spaces.live.com/ "QH" wrote: > W...

Removing spaces from imported data
Excel 2003 I copied and pasted some "numerical" data from a table into an excel worksheet. I needed to sum up several columns worth of data but each time it enters the sum as 0. So, after experimenting I found that there is a space after each number. I tried using the TRIM and LEFT/RIGHT functions and neither worked as far as allowing me to sum up the columns. When I retype the number, it obviously works. I tried formatting the cells to numbers before and after trying the TRIM function but to no avail. Is there a way to get this data into a useable format and if so, h...

Print Colour Cover w/Black & White inside?
Hi I cannot seem to find a work around for this problem! We routinely print booklets for people using Publisher 2007. They want a full colour cover (and sometimes a colour inside page) and all the other pages to be printed in black. We spend hours making sure every speck of font & image & borders is greyscale or black or else 1 little thing and we are printing a 'colour' page. Is there a fast way to make every single thing on the page black (including text in multiple unjoined text boxes) or is there a program I can use to select which pages are to be printed ...

Exchange Message Filter and EXSP2
Hello all. I have a question regarding the EXIMF System with Exchange SP2. This is in regards to Exchange Server 2003. When i went to deploy the EXSP2, it told me to uninstalled EXIMF. So I have done so, and applied the service pack, i have now lost the abilty to use EXIMF. I reinstalled EXIMF and it will not give me the option in the protocols SMTP to enable EXIMF as it did previous. I have now a tredmendous amount of SPAM coming into the enviroment that was previous blocked by EXIMF Does anyone know how I can re-enable this feature again with this config. Please let me know on your...

Stationery on every email killing disk space
I am writing this email for an Exchange admin who is constantly running out of disk space on her Exchange server. This is Exchange 2000 with outlook 2000 clients. Someone told the admin that since all of the clients send HTML emails on company stationery, the stationery is taking 80% of her disk space. Apparently no one removes messages from their SENT folder. 1. Does anyone know of a utility that can remove/strip stationery from all folders except the OUTBOX? 2. Does anyone know how to compact or zip all the files in the Exchange folders? 3. Does anyone know if there is a way to trash SEN...

Exchange Share has 0 free space
When I was taught how Exchange worked, any questions we had were answered with "Check Technet", so my personal knowledge of Exchange is pretty limited. All of this was set up before I got here, which was about 9 months ago. We are running Exchange 2000 with all the latest updates and have 1 mailbox store and one public folder store. Here's what's going on: we have a network share called "F:Mail" on our main server which from what I can tell holds all the Exchange info (we also have one called "E:ExchangeSystem" but I think that's different)....

Line Spacing
I am a novice in Access. I have a report that has two lines for a description. The report provides an additional line for the second line of the description in the record. Sometimes, however I only need to use one line, and not the second one. How can I get the report to not provide for the second description line if this field is blank? Thank you for your help. Check Access HELP for the CanGrow and CanShrink properties for that second control on your report. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services ...

paragraph line spacing
How do I set up a toolbar that will show the line spacing in a selected paragraph? I'm working in a long document and I know there has to be a better way than right clicking on the paragraph and taking the usual route to find out the line spacing. Thanks for being there and helping me out so very often! As far as I know, there is no direct equivalence to the "Spacing" area of the Paragraph dialog box (if that's what you are asking). But you can add the buttons for Single, 1.5, and Double spacing to any toolbar. Other options: - Add a keyboard shortcut ...