which imf version do I have

I have had exchange sp2 installed and imf has been activated. I am having a
lot of trouble getting it to work(have followed all links and from previous
posts have had no luck). Everything has been set up correctly. I have tried
to re-install exchange sp2 but it now states that the older version of imf is
installed and to remove before updating. How did sp2 instal the first time.
Their is nothing in the add/remove programs. How can I see the old version if
it exists or is their software that can detect which version(s) are installed.
(Now I am confused)

0
geoff (60)

You have IMF v1. Follow this to uninstall:
http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/update-manually-removing-imf-v1.html

--
Alexander Zammit
WinDeveloper Software

"Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have had exchange sp2 installed and imf has been activated. I am having a
> lot of trouble getting it to work(have followed all links and from
> previous
> posts have had no luck). Everything has been set up correctly. I have
> tried
> to re-install exchange sp2 but it now states that the older version of imf
> is
> installed and to remove before updating. How did sp2 instal the first
> time.
> Their is nothing in the add/remove programs. How can I see the old version
> if
> it exists or is their software that can detect which version(s) are
> installed.
> (Now I am confused)

0
Alexander
2/15/2007 9:35:40 AM
Thats the weird thing, I dont have a mscfv1 folder or a ControlFilterVersion
subkey in registry. I only have a mscfv2 folder. Is their a way of removing
imf v2 independantly so I can reinstall the service pack or any other
solution.

Thanks

"Alexander Zammit" wrote:

> You have IMF v1. Follow this to uninstall:
> http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/update-manually-removing-imf-v1.html
>
> --
> Alexander Zammit
> WinDeveloper Software
> IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power
> http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>

> "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have had exchange sp2 installed and imf has been activated. I am having a
> > lot of trouble getting it to work(have followed all links and from
> > previous
> > posts have had no luck). Everything has been set up correctly. I have
> > tried
> > to re-install exchange sp2 but it now states that the older version of imf
> > is
> > installed and to remove before updating. How did sp2 instal the first
> > time.
> > Their is nothing in the add/remove programs. How can I see the old version
> > if
> > it exists or is their software that can detect which version(s) are
> > installed.
> > (Now I am confused)

0
geoff (60)
2/19/2007 11:26:02 PM
Aplogies, I do have a ControlFilterVersion but has a key of "0"

See below registry screen shot

[IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o225/geoff2006_photo/reg.jpg[/IMG]

"Geoff" wrote:

> Thats the weird thing, I dont have a mscfv1 folder or a ControlFilterVersion
> subkey in registry. I only have a mscfv2 folder. Is their a way of removing
> imf v2 independantly so I can reinstall the service pack or any other
> solution.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Alexander Zammit" wrote:
>
> > You have IMF v1. Follow this to uninstall:
> > http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/update-manually-removing-imf-v1.html
> >
> > --
> > Alexander Zammit
> > WinDeveloper Software
> > IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power
> > http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
> >

> > "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have had exchange sp2 installed and imf has been activated. I am having a
> > > lot of trouble getting it to work(have followed all links and from
> > > previous
> > > posts have had no luck). Everything has been set up correctly. I have
> > > tried
> > > to re-install exchange sp2 but it now states that the older version of imf
> > > is
> > > installed and to remove before updating. How did sp2 instal the first
> > > time.
> > > Their is nothing in the add/remove programs. How can I see the old version
> > > if
> > > it exists or is their software that can detect which version(s) are
> > > installed.
> > > (Now I am confused)

0
geoff (60)
2/20/2007 6:29:41 AM
Try deleting the ControlFilterVersion key and try the SP2 install again.

--

> Aplogies, I do have a ControlFilterVersion but has a key of "0"
>
> See below registry screen shot
>
> [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o225/geoff2006_photo/reg.jpg[/IMG]
>
> "Geoff" wrote:
>
>> Thats the weird thing, I dont have a mscfv1 folder or a
>> ControlFilterVersion
>> subkey in registry. I only have a mscfv2 folder. Is their a way of
>> removing
>> imf v2 independantly so I can reinstall the service pack or any other
>> solution.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Alexander Zammit" wrote:
>>
>> > You have IMF v1. Follow this to uninstall:
>> > http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/update-manually-removing-imf-v1.html
>> >
>> > --
>> > Alexander Zammit
>> > WinDeveloper Software
>> > IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power
>> > http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>> >

>> > "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Alexander
2/20/2007 5:36:52 PM
Thanks Alexander. I deleted that key and it allowed sp2 to re-load and low
and behold IMF started working. The controlFilterVersion key now has a value
of 2. I am also able to see the counters so can monitor its effectiveness. It
also put a new file called UceArchive in the mailroot/vs 1 folder which wasnt
their before. I will monitor the updates from now on also to ensure it is all
working. Havent gone down the track of creating xml docs yet but at least its
stopping spam.

Thanks Again

"Alexander Zammit" wrote:

> Try deleting the ControlFilterVersion key and try the SP2 install again.
>
> --
> Alexander Zammit
> WinDeveloper Software
> IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power
> http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/
>

> "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Aplogies, I do have a ControlFilterVersion but has a key of "0"
> >
> > See below registry screen shot
> >
> > [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o225/geoff2006_photo/reg.jpg[/IMG]
> >
> > "Geoff" wrote:
> >
> >> Thats the weird thing, I dont have a mscfv1 folder or a
> >> ControlFilterVersion
> >> subkey in registry. I only have a mscfv2 folder. Is their a way of
> >> removing
> >> imf v2 independantly so I can reinstall the service pack or any other
> >> solution.
> >>
> >> Thanks

0
geoff (60)

imf and SMTP
Every 2 weeks a new imf files comes via MU, after the file comes down SMTP tries to restart and hangs when stg. Looking at services and SMTP says starting and this never finishes. The only solution is to reboot the exchange server and then SMTP starts properly. Also IMF is not listed under my virtual server but does function? Thanks IMF showed up as a separate node under SMTP if you were using IMF v1. IMF v2 (part of Exchange Server 2003 SP2) removes that node and moves the functionality to enable IMF to SMTP vs properties | general | advanced | select ip address | Edit. If you are ...

pivot table version issue
A client created a pivot table in Excel 2003. In 2003, the filter dropdown arrows are visible and working. Anyone that opens the file in Excel 2000 does not see the dropdown filters. When you click on the pivot table, Excel does recognize it as a pivot table since the ptable toolbar is active and I am able to access the layout, etc. I copied the data sheet to a new file (using Excel 2003 - different PC), recreated the pivot table and now users with Excel 2000 can see the dropdowns. It is either a setting on the client's PC or a setting within the pivot table itself - but I can't...

Exchange 2003 IMF in a Simple Front End Back End Scenario
Exchange 2003 SP1 on both a BE server and a FE server. IMF has been downloaded and installed on the FE only. I have it set to not do any of the gateway archive/delete. I have it set to put Junk Email with a score of 8 or higher into the Junk folder. My email account is accessed via Outlook 2003 and via OWA (forms based). I have a Junk email folder in my OWA and the options are set to enable the Junk email filtering. My expectation is that the FE will assign the SCL number and then move it to the junk email folder, but when I go into OWA it is in my inbox. When I start up Outlook, it gets...

Opening a Money backup file in an earlier version
I have a Money backup file created with Money 2002. Is there any way to open it in Money 2000? In microsoft.public.money, Randy Bratton wrote: >I have a Money backup file created with Money 2002. Is >there any way to open it in Money 2000? No. ...

Archieving mail messages with IMF
I've implemented IMF with Exchange 2003. I've set my IMF properties to block UCE's on the gateway server and to have blocked messages archieved. According tothe documentation the default folder for these archieve messages is Program Files\Exchsvr\Mailroot\vs1\UCEArchieve. I do not see this fiolder. Question 1. Is this folder created by default? Question 2. How do I view messages that get archieved to this folder or do I just see details? http://bink.nu/Article3110.bink "Allen M" <ajmiyake@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8J2$yhOFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.ph...

which imf version do I have
I have had exchange sp2 installed and imf has been activated. I am having a lot of trouble getting it to work(have followed all links and from previous posts have had no luck). Everything has been set up correctly. I have tried to re-install exchange sp2 but it now states that the older version of imf is installed and to remove before updating. How did sp2 instal the first time. Their is nothing in the add/remove programs. How can I see the old version if it exists or is their software that can detect which version(s) are installed. (Now I am confused) You have IMF v1. Follow this to u...

Hyperlinks in 2003 version #3
My workplace just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003. Can you insert a hyperlink to a pdf file, or does it just work for office files. I linked to a pdf file and it opens adobe for a split second then closes. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Mike -- Cbravo212 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cbravo212's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390311 Try downloading some updates from Adobe's web site. I use 7.0 and experie...

how to determine eConnect version
Does anyone know a way to determine the exact eConnect version running on a computer? If you go to control panel, it will show you only the mayor version but not the other minor versions. Thank you, Eduardo In Windows, Go to Start > Programs > Microsoft Dynamics > eConnect 10 > Release Information > Release Info. This window will be populated with the exact version of eConnect. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Eduardo" wrote: > Does anyone know a way to determine the e...

Does Anyone have Small Business Version..?
Trying to find out if Invoices allow for hourly billing and an area for detailed notes sections for describing the hourly billing/work done. thank you, jc Yes. However, the frustrating part is that the Invoice Template Designer is less than fully-featured. I find the lack of control over the various portions of the invoice (e.g., column width) to be incredibly frustrating. I would like to know if its possilbe to query Money's database with an external application (like Crystal Reports or even Microsoft Access) via ODBC connection. >-----Original Message----- >Trying to f...

DPM 2010 RC x86 version
Hi, Is there a 32 bit version of DPM2010 RC? I downloaded the RC from the Microsoft Connect site and tried to run it on my server that currently runs 2007 to upgrade it and it said it was not a vaild win32 application. The download did not specify weather it was 32 bit or 64 bit really. I remember in a couple of webcasts they said that a 32 bit version would be available. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks DPM 2010 will only run on a WS08 & WS08R2 x64 machine. If you are running DPM 2007 SP1 on an x64 machine, then you there will be an inplace upgrade. If yo...

IMF Exchange2003
Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. What's going wrong? Gr. Addy On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:08:01 -0800, addy <addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message deleted by intelligent message filtering, but this is a legal address. >User is part off AD, SCL Level is not being showd. >What's going wrong? >Gr. >Addy It doesn't matter whether the user is a valid Active Directory user. If the incoming message is regarded as spam then it's pulled. How do you know about thi...

Version 7 reinstall
I was trying to reinstall Version 7.0 on my work computer. I installed the software, and have copied over my old dynamics files to the new system. When I try to load my company information - after putting in my password, I get an error message "Files for this company have not been updated" - and it kicks me out of the system. What am I doing wrong? Help Hi, Sounds like you may be pointing to an older version of GP (maybe on a different server) OR logging into a company that was of a previous version and did not get upgraded in the past, Are you logging in using the cor...

How to view all saved word docs in 2007 regardless of version
In Word 2007, Windows 7, when I view folders holding many documents created in Windows XP, Word 2002 and other programs, nothing is displayed. How do I make all documents visible, regardless of version? In the Open dialog, to the right of the file name box is a dropdown for the type of files to display. Make sure that's set to All Files (*.*) or All Word Documents, or maybe to Word 97-2003 Documents (*.doc). If it's set to Word Documents (*.docx) then it will show *only* those files. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email can...

Old versions of Money
I've been a Money user since 2002 and have upgraded just about every year. My computer has 2002,2003,2004,2005 and now 2007. Do I need all the previous versions? It's hard to imagine a reason you would. Even if you archive, against all advice regulars of this newsgroup would offer, the "archive" files can be upgraded and read by the current version. The only reason I can think of is if you want to be a regular newsgroup poster to this group and want to be able to look up obscure obsolete menu sequences and the like for people still using these older versions. "P...

IMF whitlist
How do I add an IP (of sender SMTP server) to IMF whitelist? I have an SMTP server on the lan. Its IP is added in the peremiter and also on the global accept list. IMF deletes all messages coming from that server. The hot fix, Exchange2003-KB912587-x86.exe is for recipents only. A<. There is a "known" issue with that type of setup. Solution here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/018/ipacceptlist.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Andy Izsak" <...

When is the latest version not the latest version
This is not really a question - but maybe someone else can benefit from the pain I have been through today. I have been doing development work for the past few weeks using RDC in to a client's server. By last Friday, with disconnects happening every 20 seconds, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and install the license of Office 2007 I have bought and pull everything to my own office dev site. After 4 hours of fighting SQL 2005 being unable to restore a SQL 2008 backup I finally had a complete environment. However, I found that a popup short cut menu in a subform di...

Trial Version of Excel (Office)
Does the trial version of Excel not have certain features? I cannot combine cells using a formula, ex. =A3&""&B3 or change case using formula, ex. =proper(A3). On 03/09/2010 19:50, CindiA wrote: > Does the trial version of Excel not have certain features? I cannot > combine cells using a formula, ex. =A3&""&B3 or change case using > formula, ex. =proper(A3). The trial version is a full version AFAIK - the only limit is time... ...

Is there a Small Business Edition trial version available?
I'm a Money Deluxe 2004 user, have been using MSMoney for years, and will be starting a small home business in the next several months. I like MSMoney, and I'd like to see exactly what the Small Business version buys me. I've read the promo blurbs, but they only go so far, and I'd like to try before I buy... Thoughts or pointers? Thanks - John Hi John I don't think there is a trial version but I don't like paying the $100 or so for a new version every time it comes out. I recently bought a new in box sealed 2003 version on ebay for about $20 something by the ti...

IMF Counters
Hi is there a reason why IMF counters appears and disapears. I restart the server (a 2003 server) and they disapears, I restart the server again and they appears. They apearss only 1 time on 4. It's very wired !! Any ideas ??? Sebas ...

How to change a Version Resource field?
Hello Group, Is it possible to modify the Version Info resource programmatically? And how? For example, I wish to modify the Comment field of the Version Resource. I appreciate any help and thank you in advance, Geo ...

Exchange 2003 installed SP2 now IMF is not working.
I had Exchange 2003 SP1 and installed the IMF. I heard that SP2 has the IMF bulit-in. During the SP2 install it said I had to uninstalled the old IMF, which I did. I then installed Exchange 2003 SP2, I see the tabs in the "System Manager", Global Settings, "Message Delivery" But no IMF portion under the SMTP. I tried to reinstalled the IMF but still it doesn't show up under the SMTP protocals. What am I doing wrong? Within system manager, go to protocols|smtp and select Properties, the Advanced button and then the edit button. Then select the checkbox for en...

Moving email folders/email msgs. from older version to Outlook 200
Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. Need help finding correct files and import/export process. "Greg G" <Greg G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C04831-4559-4F9A-9210-7B67575AC3CF@microsoft.com... > Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. > Need help finding correct files and import/export process. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assi...

How can I bybass sending to the Junk E-mail folder using IMF.
We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using 8 for the gateway setting and and 7 for the junk e-mail setting. -- tigerfanlsu On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:30:23 -0700, "kk" <kk@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >We would like any suspect messages to be sent to the users Inbox and not the >Junk E-mail folder. Is there a way to do this? >Also, what's the most popular scl settings? We're using...

Opening files from other versions
Is there any way that Pub2000 can open a .pub file from another version? I am editor of our local Neighbourhood Watch newsletter and a contributor has sent me an article that refuses to open because it is from a different version. TIA, Willy What version was the original saved in and for that matter wht other information can you give us before this gets to be a guessing game? -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? "willy" <willy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:41f376b1$1@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Is there any way that Pub2000 can open a .pub file from another &...

Release version problems
Hi, I built a release version of my application, and an installer. The application runs fine on my two XP development machines. When I installed it on a windows 2000 machine (SP4) I got the following error when I tried to display a bitmap in my app: "The instruction at "0x00000001" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Then I installed it on another XP machine, and the application crashed and closed itself when performing a certain operation (could also be bitmap related, but not necessarily). I am using the paintlib library in...