Where is my POP3 Mail going?

I've been brought into a situation where the Exchange server appears to be
retreiving from our ISP, however I don't know where they are going after
that.  They do not appear to be sending to any mail boxes.

Thanks!

Eric

0
emcdonald (1)

"Eric McDonald" <emcdonald@docutap.com> wrote in

> I've been brought into a situation where the Exchange server appears
> to be retreiving from our ISP, however I don't know where they are
> going after that.  They do not appear to be sending to any mail boxes.

I think we'll need more information to be of any help. The POP3 connector
is a kludge (covered in the FAQ linked below) and should be cut out of the
equation if at all possible.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Unauthorized outgoing mail
Hi every one I recently find something terrible in my system. Special types of spam are sent mail to unknown domain without any notification. This is the story: One of my mail address is from "GMAIL" thanks to its power full spam filter and outlook junk mail I have no spam in my "IN BOX" folder. But spam report about their status from my computer, I find this when I check "sent mail" folder form "gmail" account. There are many sent mail in the following forms: To: itsoca_1987@ENDYMIONSYSTEMS.COM (or other e-mail) Subject: Not read: Best improvemen...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

<Enter> to go to column A?

old mail.pst file
I had to put in a new hard drive and made an image copy of the old one. The old one is now d. and the new one I use as c. When I used outlook (office 2000) the first time it asked me to creat a mail.pst file and assign it a password. I did it not knowin that the old one was now not accessable. At least I do not know how to get the old data merged or copied or anything. I know where it is on the old drive, but cannot even open it so far. Please help if you can. Thank you. There is a handy tool to strip the password of a pst-file. The funny thing is that this tool wasn't even writt...

microsoft outlook 2000 receiving mail problem
everytime i try to recieve email, i get this error: Outlook has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart this program. An error log has been created. Any ideas where i can find the error log or how i can fix this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Mail Merge postcards
I'm trying to do an mail merge to postcards that are 4 cards to 1 8x11 sheet, everytime I merge I get the same client on all four cards, then on the next page I'll get the next client on all four card. I want 1 card for each client not all 4. Is there a way to have 4 clients on 1 sheet? If you're using maile merge on Word and using Excel as the source, you should have «Next Record» on each cell. It should read something like «Next Record» ««AddressBlock»» after the first cell. "Terri" wrote: > I'm trying to do an m...

inbound mail
Hi, I'm upgrading from exchange 5.5 to 2003. In exchange 5.5 I had the option to reroute incoming SMTP mail ex. I set "abc.com" as inbound and then when mail was sent to "host.abc.com" to forward it to "abc.com" How can this be done on an exchange 2003 system; Thx. Configure 2 SMTP connectors. One for ABC.com and one for all other domain. see the link below for connector configuration. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265293/en-us "kvw" <kvw@awe.be> �b�l�� news:43c6104c$0$13567$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be ���� �g... > Hi, > > I...

Sending mail when outlook not running...
With outlook express... I would just right click the file and choose, send to -> and an email will automatically send... With Outlook, the mail is stuck in Outbox until i Open the entire Outlook program. Is there a way to fix it? I don't think so unless you run an addin that essentially keep Outlook running in the background. <tascienu@ecoaches.com> wrote in message news:1131227301.107873.146370@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > With outlook express... I would just right click the file and choose, > send to -> and an email will automatically send... > > With O...

Outlook 2003
I heard (somewhere) you can flag certain contacts so if they email you, they appear in a different colour usefull to notice if the email is from the boss ! Any ideas how ? thanks -- Vass Create a Rule. Go to Tools, Rules and Alerts. Look Rules up in Help for exact instructions. "Vass" wrote: > I heard (somewhere) you can flag certain contacts so if they email you, they > appear in a different colour > usefull to notice if the email is from the boss ! > > Any ideas how ? > > thanks > > -- > Vass > > > ...

E-mail dangerously and mysteriously sent to addressee not specified.
My boss has a very dangerous situation: regularly she sends a message to a collection of individuals, each address is in the To: field BUT... This message will also, on the rare occasion (like yesterday), also get sent to someone whose address appears NOWHERE in the To:, From:, CC:, BCC fields or anywhere else! This has happened three times before in the past six months or so. She uses Outlook 2000 (probably SP1a) on Windows 2000 Pro (SP4), with Symantec NAV2003 scanning outgoing messages. She e-mails the officers of the company and other business contacts like telemarketers use the ph...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Voice Mail
I have a client who is interested in receiving his voicemail in Outlook. This could possibly expand to the entire agency of 50 plus users. They are currently using Office 2000 but will be installing Office 2003 sometime during the next year. Can anyone direct me to information about setting this up? Or offer personal knowledge? Any info would be appreciated. It's better to start collecting info with the manufacturer of your telephone system. Most (newer) telefphone systems already support this or have modules for it you can install. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-ou...

Disabled accounts and mail forwarding
Ok, I have a Exchange 2k3 here... I've disabled an employee's account (laid off) and have set up email forwarding from her account to mine, in case there are customer inquiries... How do I set it up such that when anybody emails her, it would say "cannot find such recipient" or some such notice telling customers not to send to that email again? It apparently doesn't do that as it's able to find a recipient - me. Thanks in advance. R Green Workaround: - Enable account - Set up an Out-of-Office message Downside: This only sends a message once to every recipient....

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

Going CRM Offline
I am getting same error too. ...

E-mail Notification
Hello, After setting the "Display a notification message when new mail arrives," I get this screwy result. With 2 computers in the office having this problem. If an e-mail is received, no notification pops up unless you click on "Inbox," or "Outlook Today," or any other Outlook shortcuts in the toolbar on the left! If any of these buttons are clicked, then the popup notification appears! This of course defeats the purpose of notifications. Thanks for the help. What version of Outlook and the operating system, are you connecting to an Exchange server if ...

Outlook 2003
I can receive e-mails but cannot send any. When using "Test Setting" button it comes up with an error. Am using DSL ISP not Worldnet. "Robert Easter" <rjeaster@att.net> wrote in message news:yybjd.853150$Gx4.711441@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I can receive e-mails but cannot send any. When using "Test Setting" button > it comes up with an error. Am using DSL ISP not Worldnet. I've never heard of the "AN Error"... what does AN stand for? Have you tried calling your ISP? It is English, like in "a dog" it...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

Send Incoming Mail to another email address
I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail automatically be sent to another email account address also. I have office 2000 You can create a Wizard Rule for this; Tools-> Wizard Rules -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "hitchcow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:369d01c49d34$30d4a900$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail > automatically be sent to another em...

Cannot enumerate mail queue E2K
When logged into my front-end E2K server, I suddenly cannot enumerate the SMTP message queue on one of my back-end E2K servers. I can enumerate the queues on the other two back-end servers fine. I usually do this several times a day, as we have been having delivery (networking) problems. It worked fine through yesterday, and today, the Enumerate entry on the menu has been grayed out all day. I know the server is active, and a lot of mail is being delivered to the mailboxes on that server just fine. When I tried to use the custom filter to see whether I could get anywhere with that,...

how do i get rid of outlook mail and get msn mail back
i hate this , now when i try and send an email out from a site i get "outlook" mail how the heck did i get this where is my MSN mail? how do i fix this? i want my msn mail or hotmail back. -- GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS The default e-mail application is configured in Windows control panel, except where you have a Gmail account and the Google toolbar when it is configured additionally in the Google toolbar. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

POP3 still not working
On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability to download email messages. Repeated calls to support have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6 weeks????? This is an email program!!! Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage, perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not convinced anything is being done to fix it. Way to go, Microsoft. Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working. Way to go Microsoft. --�...

Undeleting the mails from outlook express
What are the ways to undelete a message from Outlook express if it has deleted from delete folder also. Reply same here or thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -S...

Access 2003 mail merge fails to recognise a mail merge document.
I am trying to merge a single record in an Access table into a Word document. I have set the data source in the Word document, and when I open it, it correctly displays the record from Access. However, I would like to be able to open the document programmatically from within Access, with this code: Set wrdDoc = wrdApp.Documents.Open("doc name", , True) wrdDoc.MailMerge.Execute But the Execute property generates the error: This method or property is not available because the document is not a mail merge main document. The document opens but does not display the right record. ...