What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.

Out2002, Exch2000SP3.

Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages

Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.

I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where
users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ?

Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long"
to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior
?

0
marlon_brown (142)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown"
<marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Out2002, Exch2000SP3.
>
>Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages
>
>Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
>

>I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where
>users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ?
>
>Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long"
>to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior
>?

Not really any one thing to improve this, short of going to Outlook
2003 which neatly takes that enormous box away and replaces it with an
unseen message in the system tray that won't arouse dismay, gnashing
of teeth and calls for the head of the IT department to be served on a
plate.
0
mark7219 (5667)

outlook to word calendar add in
When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 version of this sort of thing? One of these perhaps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Alan Smithee Jr. asked: | When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook | Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 v...

Outlook #192
I have Outlook as my email server. I do not want my email to go to the Delete bin automaticaly however upon exiting outlook it transfers my messages to the delete bin. It will also do this if I go to another folder and return to my inbox. I do not want my messages deleted automatically and I would prefer to delete the messages in my delete file manually. What can I do? Thanks. Ron. Ron Weaver <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook as my email server. I do not want my email > to go to the Delete bin automaticaly however upon exiting > outlook it tr...

Sync outlook 2k7
I use outlook 2007 on 2 work computers and 1 home computer. I don't use exchange server only an ISP pop3 server for mail. What is the best way to keep the calandar and contacts on these 3 computers synchronized? Bob Hi Bob, for synchronization tools have a look on this site: Maybe it helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Notebooks: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Bob" <msgdev@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eAEg96wEHHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Outlook 2003 Bcm Cannot open outlook
Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB Is there a fix for this error? Cortexmann wrote: > Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event > Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 > P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB > Is there a fix for this error? Any changes to the system between when it worked and when it didn't work,...

Outlook Connector causes Outlook 2007 to not shutdown #4
I have had this problem with Outlook 2007 not shutting down for a long time, but recently, through the process of elimination, I have found that it is being caused by one of my Hotmail accounts, through the Outlook Connector. The actual problem is that Outlook does not exit properly. If I close it, the process can still be seen in Task Manager. When I try to shut down the machine, I get a message saying that Outlook will not shut down, and I need to force it to close. This means that sometimes Outlook needs to check the message store when I start it up again. This does not happen when I r...

Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer is still printing ghosts and it's totally freaking me out!!!!!!!
Every time i use 'Microsoft Office (2003) Doc Image Writer' (no printer at home) no printed document appears - ever!!! But when I try to reprint the document it's 'dis-embodied' ghost appears only in the save as dialogue box (even after a reboot) I think this is yet another Vista bug (Vista can't see/find existing documents) I've reported this before without cure Anyone know the name of it's predecessor (we use at work) which works perfectly - creates it's own document type albeit can't remember the extension I cannot repeat the problem. But ...

Outlook Not Responding #5
Does anyone know how to uninstall just Outlook without removing all of office XP. I apparently have some bad emails in my in box because when I try to open these emails outlook locks up. I can start outlook in another user with its own set of personal folders (in box), but I can't open remove any of the emails in corrupted folders. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Milo ...

Outlook 2007 05-06-10
Outlook 2007 was working fine with Windows 7, then all of a sudden I can't open it and I get this error message: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x82 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." Help!!! What did you do just before "all of a sudden" happened? Installs? Deletions? Trials? Updates? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Formula for
I'd like to write a formula in column B to find the difference between a value in the current row, say, A500, and the prior cell in column A that has a value.. could be A499, or it might be A200, or A1. Example: First column is literals, the second column s/b a formula, =A3 - A[prior row with data] 2 5 3 6 1 4 -2 9 5 This may not be very efficient if you 1000's of rows of data. Assume your data is in the range A1:An Enter this formula in B2: =IF(OR(COUNT(A$1:A2)<2,A2=""),"",A2-LOOKUP(1E100,A$1:A1)) Copy down as need...

How do I insert a formula into chart source data values field box?
My ultimate aim is to build a chart that refers to values in a range of cells held in a row on another worksheet. Normally this would be straightforward by manually editing the source data in the chart and pointing to the range of cells. However, over time the range of cells used to provide the values for the chart will change and I am looking for a method that will do this automatically. I thought if I could produce a formula that identifies the cells when the change I could simply paste that formula into the Chart's source data values field. Of course, I've tried it but it will not ...

how do i veiw a calender from outlook on office live?
i am trying to share calenders. the help said i could veiw mine and others calenders online at microsoft office. ...

Outlook 2003 profile incompatible with Outlook 2000
My company is going to be upgrading from Win2k/Office2k up to WinXP/Office2k3, but we ran into a snag with Outlook. There seems to be an incompatibility between the Outlook 2003 profile and the Outlook 2000 profile. Our deployment isn't going to happen overnight due to lack of resources so this means we will be in a mixed environment for quite some time. So we'll have users roaming between Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2000. When an Outlook 2003 user goes to a Win2k/Office2k computer and opens up Outlook they get connected to the Exchange mailbox, but don't get much else. If you loo...

Outlook shortcuts disappear
Whenever I close Outlook my shortcuts go away. Even groups that I create won't "stick". I have Outlook 2003, fully patched. Any ideas? I'm not using special characters or anything weird. Roger <roger@nowhere.net> wrote: > Whenever I close Outlook my shortcuts go away. Shortcuts where? > Even groups that I create won't "stick". Outlook doesn't have any construct called a "group". What do you mean by this term? -- Brian Tillman In the Navigation Pane, in Shortcuts, you can create shortcuts to folders. You can also cre...

ReInstallation of Outlook Client off line version on Vista Office 2007 Version 3.0vc
Has anybody successfully managed to achieve this as i need to add a new user to a vista machine which already has a CRM offline user attached. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/removeclient.mspx Following the above link i know works fine for XP and 2003, but as things have changed in 2007 the above i am sure would not work with the new SQL Database that is installed with Vista and Outlook 2007. Any ideas. ...

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

My Exchange tabs are missing on my =?windows-1252?Q?DC=92s=2E?=
I have a new setup with 3 servers. Two domain controllers (windows 2003 std R2) One Exchange Std 2003 (not a DC only a member server.) If I create a new user on the exchange server, the wizard ends up creating an email address. If I do that on one of the DCs it just creates a user with no email. I have exchange tabs on the exchange server but not on the DCs. Everything during exchange install went well, but have I done anything wrong? There was a warning once telling me that this version on exchange could have problems with the windows version I am using. Is there a problem with Windows ...

Exchange Client (Outlook 2000)
Hi, I'm hoping to add an Exchange client to a portable computer that is running MS Office Pro 2000. When I view account options - and try to add a new account - I do not have the option to add an Exchange client. I only see POP3 and IMAP... I've looked at the CD's - and can't seem to find this add in for Outlook. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks - ! You will need to install Outlook in Corporate/Workgroup mode. This link will show you how to convert Outlook to another mode. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;195507 "Dave" <anonymous@...

data from Excel to Word
This may be too much to ask: I want to take data from an Excel spreadsheet line (xxx) and place i in a Word document to print out numerous form letters. For example: Name: (B3) Address (C3) etc. (E3) After this document is printed I want ot do the same for another line. At the moment I have to go back and forth transfering data from Exce to Word. Thanks yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You may like to look at Word's Mail merge function under tools which will do what you want. Rob "ram1000 >" <<ram1000.11jcn3@excelforum-nospam.com> wro...

OutLook 2007 events and IMAP
Hi all. I'd like to know if is possible to konw the state of a IMAP email. I mean: I have an IMAP account and I want to built a VBA macro (or aomething like that) that can let me know if a msg is deleted or not. If I open an email forder of an IMAP account i can select 1,2,3 msgs and I'm able to know what and how many msgs I have select. My problem is : 1) I select a msg and then I delete it, for IMAP account with OL 2007 the message is not deleted but only MARKD as deleted 2) I select the previous msg and an other more, but NOT deleted. so I have 2 select msgs the first dele...

Reminder in Outlook 2003
hai.. I'm new to Microsoft Outlook.My work involves conputer watching throughout the day. I want to make relax for my eyes. I want to set up the reminder for every 20 minutes. Please tell me how to set up the reminder, that reminds me every 20 minutes with pop up. You can create a task to display when you shift first starts. Then when the reminder comes up, change the snooze to 20 minutes and hit snooze. Continue hitting snooze for 20 minutes the rest of the day. Just a thought. "Senthil kumar" wrote: > hai.. > I'm new to Microsoft Outlook.My work in...

2002 outlook to outlook 95
I have outlook 2002 running XP. When I send email to any previous outlook versions, they get the mail with .dat . I can send either a text message or attached file and the mail that is recieved by the earlier version get the .dat extension and nothing else. Is there a fix? On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 00:26:43 -0700, "elias" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have outlook 2002 running XP. When I send email to any >previous outlook versions, they get the mail with .dat . >I can send either a text message or attached file and the >mail that is recieve...

Outlook 2003 #66
My mail is deleted from the outlook permanently from the INBOX at the weekend. during the week it does not happened. but it does in the weekend. I am coming on monday morning and no e-mail in the inbox. It deleted from the mail server as well. can anyone help. Joseph Battat ...

Outlook Express 6-duplicate emails
At times when I send pictures as attachments they are sent multiple times-recipients have reported receiving 70 emails from me, all the same & the picture doesn't always show up, just a bunch of characters. This doesn't always happen, & NAV scans are negative for a virus. The pictures are just JPEG's from my digital camera, nothing special. My ISP is Charter & when I use their web-based mail, I don't have that problem, but I HATE their format & want to cont to use OE. I'm not the greatest with a computer...Anyone have any ideas? -- Thanks! "...

Improve Customer Source Website
My suggestion is to improve the navigation to find simple instructions for installation of such things as Great Plains client software. What a navigational mess just to find some basic information. All I am trying to find is some information on how to load a client for Great Plains 7.5. I have to reinstall the software and there are about 4 basic steps, but I do not remember the exact sequence. It should not be this difficult just to find basic steps such as how to load the software. From my experience, Microsoft is floods areas with information to fix this bug and fix that, but j...

CRM for Outlook 2007 install error
Hello Could someone help me, i had stuck in a same problem when i install MS CRM 3.0 for outlook 2007 with Windows XP Pro & SP2. the error message is: Microsoft Outlook Setup failed to determine whether a supported version of Microsoft Outlook is installed. does anyone know why and how to solve the problem. Regard Jes Hi Jes I had a problem somewhat related to the problem you are facing. Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&displaylang=en It gives a kind of patch for CRM 3.0 for Outlook 2007 client. Hope ...