What's the rootname appearing in System Manager

Hello,

I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a
computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is
called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen
during installation of Exchange?

Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a
node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First
Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to
"MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal?

-M

0
michiel1 (3)

Hi,

the name of the top element, is in fact the name of the organisation.  So in
your case, your exchange organisation is called MAILSERVER.  (Exchange) is
added automatically.

Ilse

"Michiel" <michiel@elan.nl_NOSPAMTHANKYOU> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a
> computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is
> called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something
> chosen during installation of Exchange?
>
> Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a
> node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First
> Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to
> "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal?
>
> -M

0
ilse (45)
9/8/2005 8:45:05 AM
Ok, thanks!

Where can I change it, or is that not possible?

-M

"Ilse Van Criekinge" <ilse@vancriekinge.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> the name of the top element, is in fact the name of the organisation.  So
> in your case, your exchange organisation is called MAILSERVER.  (Exchange)
> is added automatically.
>
> Ilse
>
> "Michiel" <michiel@elan.nl_NOSPAMTHANKYOU> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a
>> computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element
>> is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something
>> chosen during installation of Exchange?
>>
>> Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a
>> node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First
>> Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to
>> "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal?
>>
>> -M

0
michiel1 (3)
9/8/2005 9:36:51 AM
Nope, the name of the organisation can not be changed...(unless you're
willing to start from scratch...)

> Ok, thanks!
>
> Where can I change it, or is that not possible?
>
> -M
>
> "Ilse Van Criekinge" <ilse@vancriekinge.com> schreef in bericht
>> Hi,
>>
>> the name of the top element, is in fact the name of the organisation.  So
>> in your case, your exchange organisation is called MAILSERVER.
>> (Exchange) is added automatically.
>>
>> Ilse
>>
>> "Michiel" <michiel@elan.nl_NOSPAMTHANKYOU> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a
>>> computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element
>>> is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something
>>> chosen during installation of Exchange?
>>>
>>> Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a
>>> node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First
>>> Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to
>>> "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal?
>>>
>>> -M

0
ilse (45)
9/8/2005 10:27:58 AM
You should ask an SBS newsgroup because SBS sets these things up differently
than does standard Exchange.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Michiel" <michiel@elan.nl_NOSPAMTHANKYOU> wrote in message
> Ok, thanks!
>
> Where can I change it, or is that not possible?
>
> -M
>
> "Ilse Van Criekinge" <ilse@vancriekinge.com> schreef in bericht
>> Hi,
>>
>> the name of the top element, is in fact the name of the organisation.  So
>> in your case, your exchange organisation is called MAILSERVER.
>> (Exchange) is added automatically.
>>
>> Ilse
>>
>> "Michiel" <michiel@elan.nl_NOSPAMTHANKYOU> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a
>>> computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element
>>> is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something
>>> chosen during installation of Exchange?
>>>
>>> Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a
>>> node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First
>>> Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to
>>> "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal?
>>>
>>> -M

0
curspice6401 (3487)

tak manager
no merge marian wrote: > no merge Okie dokie then. On May 30, 1:39=A0pm, marian <mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > no merge Yield when merging. On Sun, 30 May 2010 10:39:01 -0700, marian <marian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >no merge tak manager ? no merge ? marian wrote: > no merge Have you tried double-clicking the Task Manager window ? Paul ...

Why does my excel chart appear in gray when I copy it?
I want to copy an excel chart into powerpoint. It is a simple column chart. However the columns contain a color gradient. When I copy the chart to the clipoard, the columns turn into gray. This problem however does not occur on other computers using the same excel version (2003). Hi batman, There are about 30 ways to copy and paste charts from Excel into PowerPoint. The problem you are describing is not one I have heard of - namely that it works on one machine but not another. However, you could try a different method of copying. For example - you can use the Camera tool to copy a ...

Getting formulas not to appear on worksheet
I need to have running totals of daily average sales show on .. Howeve the only way I know how to do this displays a "0" in each of th cells... How can I have it calculate and display without the "0" o anything except the results showing up in the "Target" cell??? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com For a quick fix, you can go to TOOLS, OPTIONS and then UNSELECT the checkmark under "zero values" However, for a real solution, do a little research on creating IF/THEN functions, with them you can really control what the cell reads Take a few...

Undeliverable
I've been using outlook 2000 for 8 years. I just installed outlook 2003 on a new thinkpad, got everything going on it. My email is on an exchange server. I can get new emails all day, but if I try to send one, it says "This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again." I know for a fact nobody's email inboxes are full, I can send/receive with my other thinkpad with no problems to the same people and myself. What other reason could there be that emails OU...

Outlook 2007: AVG Certification Attachement Always Appears
I hope you are well. I am using Outlook 2007. As of last week every email that I receive has an accompanying "AVG Certification" attachment. I would like to remove this so that I can easily search for attachments in the future. Please provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to get rid of this pesky attachment for Office 2007. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the...

Dynamics
Greetings, I am not sure if this is the forum to post the question but I can not find a newsgroup dealing with FeedMill Manager (FMM). We are looking at setting up FMM in some satellite feed mills that would connect over terminal services. If that connection goes down, does FMM have some sort of caching functionality that would allow the feed mill to continue processing, sychronizing later. Or would it be a dead stop? For that matter, how does Dynamics GP react to a lost connection? Thanks. Note sure what FMM is or how it would respond but when the TS connection is lost, GP stops respondi...

problem with interface appearance
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with displaying a button on a dialog. When I put the button on the dialog,it looks fine, even when I click on the test button of VC++ the dialog appears correctly. However, when I run the program, the button is only half visible, but it is clickable and works correctly. Has anyone else had this strange behaviour? Could someone help me w/ an advice? Thank you very much! Is there another control on that dialog? Can you move the button to another spot and still see the problem? "Leonid Nikolayev" <leonidnikolayev@hotmail.com> wrote in m...

Removing Orphaned System Folders
We are running Exchange5.5 with SP4, I have a situation where I need to remove orphaned system folder i.e. OAB and FreeBusy + Schedule folders for a non-existent site from our exchange Org. Basically we had anumber of sites, for example we had a Site Boston which was replicating its public folders to Site London and directory replication was set in place between the two site. Unfortunately they (Boston) removed the X400 connector and dir repl connectors and afterwards this site got removed from our Org - as expected and the Boston server decommissioned. Since Public Folder replicas w...

Lookup the latest date in a range so it appears as my result
I have a table similar to this # | Date ----------------------------------------- 1 | 09/10/2004 2 | 11/02/2004 <-- This is the date I want 3 | 09/27/2004 4 | 10/02/2004 ----------------------------------------- Final | 11/02/2004 <-- To appear here I don't know what order the dates are in, but I need to know what the most recent date is within a certain range Hi FBB, Assume you...

Attachment's appear in Message Body- Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003
When I attach a file to an email, the attachment appears as a thumbnail inside the message body. What must I do to have the attachment appear in the subject line like traditional email systems? change your message format to HTML. "D|an-0" <D|an-0@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:OryoPnQZIHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I attach a file to an email, the attachment appears as a thumbnail > inside the message body. What must I do to have the attachment appear in > the subject line like traditional email systems? John wrote: > change your message...

Workflow Manager 10-26-07
We recently had to reinstall our CRM Server, the redeployment tool was very helpful, however my workflow rules don't appear to be working. Any suggestions? I currently have a rule that in the past, after the technician completed his entry the ownership of the Service activity would change to me. Now the only way that happens is if you manually apply the rule. I just went into the manager file and noticed that all rules seem to be in a waiting stage from the time the server was brought back up. "deh" wrote: > We recently had to reinstall our CRM Server, the redeployme...

How to 'see' and 'remove' windows system files ??
How to 'see' and 'remove' windows system files ?? Over the years (yes that long) i have fitted new bigger drives to the pc .. by simply using drive copy , ghost that sort of thing, and booted from the new drive with the old one running as second drive So I now have c as the main , d the second partition and e & f of the old drive ..some of the files and dowloads are still usefull on the older drive so dont want to simply format it .. but could do with removing the un wanted windows system files .. dlls etc Any links to a ...

what functions can return all window handlers in the system?
Can anyone tell me the easier way to find all the window handlers in the system? You mean handles, don't you? If so, use EnumWindows and EnumChildWindows. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "paul388" <paul388@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67627A35-082F-431E-B598-5061BC906992@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me the easier way to find all the window handlers in the > system? "paul388" <paul388@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67627A35-082F-431E-B598-5061BC906992@...

no thing appear in GAL in the exchange
no thing appear in Globale address list in exchange server so no thing also in GAL in the cleint side i meen in the outlook so please help me; it is very ergunt Two Things 1) Check the definition of the Gal in ESM 2) If you have Outlook 2003 and cache mode enabled, try to disable it Andreas "human1900" wrote: > no thing appear in Globale address list in exchange server so no thing also > in GAL in the cleint side i meen in the outlook > so please help me; it is very ergunt Mr andreas thanx alot for interst the outlook in the online mode can u explain t...

Outlook address book and Profile Manager 8
Hi all, my IT support people seem stuck so I wanted to see if anyone else might be able to help on this (really quite simple) issue. Basically, my Outlook client doesn't store my settings with respect to address book search order. It defaults to the company mailbook - but as we are part of a 120,000 people organisation, that is rather useless - especially as most of my emails go outside the Company. I am now aware of it so I can avoid to mis-send emails, but it's a hassle and I'd rather search my personal contacts before the Company list. I can change this manually and it works...

Update Fixed Assets records through Integration Manager
There should be an option in Integration Manager to update the Fixed Assets records. Currently, Integration Manager does not have this option. ...

Template does not appear as intended
I created an outlook Template in MS Outlook 97 and now our PCs have been upgraded to Outlook 2003. I can still open the template and use it without any problem but there is one user who could not see the 'forms' I created. When she opens the .oft file, it only opens as a regular blank email message. The template has form built-in the message area. But, she could not see the form at all. Does anyone know why this is happening? I checked with another user and he was able to open the template okay. I checked to see if it's due to her outlook preferences, but so far she and I have...

windows32/config/system during install
Hi I am installing XPHome and get this message after the first reboot Cannot access the file windows32/config/system. Reboot to the install CD and type R to repair. How do I get around this? thanks Daniel "Daniel" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23efxvgR3KHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I am installing XPHome and get this message after the first reboot > > Cannot access the file windows32/config/system. > Reboot to the install CD and type R to repair. > > How do I get around this? Just boot the Install CD and type R ...

Multiple appearances of a user
I am trying to get up to speed on CRM to administer it for my company. We have several users including users I added to CRM myself that have multiple appearances in CRM for the same user name, but with different role assignments and all for a single ADUC account. This also eats up extra licenses in CRM. I can't figure out why or how these multiple accounts are being created when I know that I only created a single user account with the Deployment Manager. ...

Wndws XPsp3: Auto Update ON but system nags all day to Install Upd
I have my Auto Update set for AUTOMATIC to download/install at 3 am daily BUT I get at least 4-5 messages per day that "Updates have been found formy computer". Constantly updating/restarting. This is driving me CRAZY. Please help. ME wrote: > I have my Auto Update set for AUTOMATIC to download/install at 3 am > daily BUT I get at least 4-5 messages per day that "Updates have > been found formy computer". Constantly updating/restarting. This is > driving me CRAZY. Please help. We now know the following blanks in the puzzle... Windows XP ______ ...

data lable don't appear in chart bars appear without lable
I have created six panel charts work fine but charts in panel don't lables for bars, value do appears. ...

Salespersion Managment
hi guys, I wanna know about the salesperson mangment, if any one as an idea about it or any one can point me to any documentation about that thanks for all ...

System Attendant not starting-Exchange 2003
Just build a new Exchange 2003 SP1/Windows 2003 SP1 server and getting a 5719 (no logon servers)..and this is resulting in a 2104 (inetinfo.exe-DSAccess). I can start the SA/MTA/Info. Stores manually (netlogon service does start), but not sure why this is happening on a freshly loaded server. Any ideas as I think it may be the 3com Gigabit card or something else. Thanks for any information! :) It's having trouble contacting a domain controller, it appears. That could be due to something as simple as a misconfigured NIC or incorrectly configured DNS client settings, or just about a...

problem installing a system-wide hook
I am having trouble installing a system-wide hook (WH_CBT) using SetWindowsHookEx. I have build a DLL which contains my hook procedure and I dynamically load this DLL in my calling application, get the hook proc address, and call SetWindowsHookEx with the thread parameter as NULL. However, when I debug, the hook proc only gets called when windows are created, deactivated, etc for my application, instead I wanted the proc to be called for ANY window creation, activation, etc. I have tried a number of things but I don't understand why I am only able to hook events of my calling application i...

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...