What does this policy do?

I administer an exchange 2000 server that has something besides the default
policy in the recepient policies container.  It must have been put there by
my predecessor but I'm baffeled as to what it does.  Can anyone decode the
filter rules script for me?

(&(mailNickname=*)(legacyExchangeDN=/O=Interrain Pacific/OU=INTERECO/*))

Cheers

-Lex

Looks like the policy that came across from Exchange 5.5 when you migrated
from 5.5 to 2000.  Do you still have Exchange 5.5 in the mix?

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Lex" <someone@somewhere.lie> wrote in message
>I administer an exchange 2000 server that has something besides the default
> policy in the recepient policies container.  It must have been put there
> by
> my predecessor but I'm baffeled as to what it does.  Can anyone decode the
> filter rules script for me?
>
> (&(mailNickname=*)(legacyExchangeDN=/O=Interrain Pacific/OU=INTERECO/*))
>
> Cheers
>
> -Lex

0
neil.hobson (1158)
8/3/2005 9:55:44 PM
No, the exchange 5.5 server is gone and exchange 2000 is running in native
mode.  I'd like to delete this policy but I'm not sure how to recreate it
if theres trouble.  There doesnt seem to be any way to just type in the
script without using the "wizard."

any thoughts on if this might be causing my two exchange 2000 servers to
not play nice with folder replication?

-Lex

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in

> from 5.5 to 2000.  Do you still have Exchange 5.5 in the mix?

Does the default policy look like it will work for you?  If so, you can
simply delete this policy.  The search filter isn't critical in deciding
this, the addressing rules are what's important.  If you want to create a
new policy, just do so, configuring it to set the addresses the way you want
them (maybe the same as the Exchange 5.5 policy) and apply it to all
objects.  Then delete the Exchange 5.5 policy.
--
Ed Crowley
Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support

> No, the exchange 5.5 server is gone and exchange 2000 is running in native
> mode.  I'd like to delete this policy but I'm not sure how to recreate it
> if theres trouble.  There doesnt seem to be any way to just type in the
> script without using the "wizard."
>
> any thoughts on if this might be causing my two exchange 2000 servers to
> not play nice with folder replication?
>
> -Lex
>
> "Neil Hobson [MVP]" <neil.hobson@nospam.silversands.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> from 5.5 to 2000.  Do you still have Exchange 5.5 in the mix?

Policy Listing
Is it possible to generate all the group policy objects in the domain, along with their respective group policy settings and their values using powershell? Can you provide some pointers which might help develop such a ps script. would it be better if u logon to your PDC and performs export to html ? "Kruz" <Kruz@live.com> wrote in message news:um3kq1E7KHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to generate all the group policy objects in the domain, > along with their respective group policy settings and their values using > powershell? C...

recipent policies to apply to an OU
Hi could someone pls help me? I have an OU called TEST and i would like to apply a recipent policy to this OU to change the default SMTP address. Could someone pls point me in the right direction? Now i've tired to create a custom policy and edit the filter rules to search for an OU called test - then obvisouly add in the required email address. Could someone pls help? many thanks. Will You can't use an OU as the filter for a recipient policy. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296112 You'll need to find something else to use for your filter. -- Be...

Multiple Recipient Policies #2
I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003 SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with a single mailbox store also called "Archive". Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group? Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive use...

System Policy
Hello everyone. I have setup a system policy for Mailbox limits. They are as follows: Issue Warning (KB) 20000 Prohibit Send (KB) 25000 Prohibit send and receive: left blank When SOME users exceed their 25MB they can no longer send. Which is great! That's what we want. But, then other users have 50MB, 60MB up to 100MB in their mailbox and they can still send. We are running Exchange 2003. We recently migrated from 5.5 and most of these users already had large mailboxes at the time of 5.5. It seems like the policy works on all new users or anyone that recently had under ...

Policy editor
Is there a policy editor in XP Home edition SP3? If so where? "bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> said this in news item news:#37#MnwiKHA.5248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a policy editor in XP Home edition SP3? If so where? No, there isn't. There is a 4 MByte spreadsheet called "Policy Settings" that lists all policy settings so that you could apply them manually to the registry. It is included with the Small Business Server 2003 Admin Pack. If you cannot find a download location then I'm happy to upload it for you. On Jan 1, 1...

Setting System wide AutoArchive Policy
All, I am just curious and have not been able to Google the answer yet; I have a Windows/Exchange 2k3 environment and would like to set a Corporate Auto Archive Policy that will work with my retention policy to archive users e-mail a few days before the retention policy deletes them, is this possible? Thanks in Advance, Kevin Queen ...

Recipient Policy seems not working
Does anybody know how to force apply the recipient policy to selected users. I created a recipient policy to move all messages from an inbox folder to the deleted item folder and apply the settings. It seems that nothing happened to the selected users inbox. ...

Cannot query list of Group Policy objects
Not sure if this is the correct newsgroup. Running Server 2003R2 Std. Edition, SP2. Receiving the following Event: Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1030 Date: 12/2/2009 Time: 9:20:05 AM User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: ServerName Description: Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this. I followed the instructions from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290647, but did not resolve my probelm. ...

How to Setup 90 Day Retention Policy
I work for a company whose Exchange environment consists of about 120 mailboxes. I am interested in setting up a policy so that nobody in our company can have e-mail older than 90 days in their exchange mailbox. If I am using Exchange 2003, what is the best way to set this up? Is there a way to have Exchange permanently delete messages that are older than 90 days automatically? If so, how do I do it? On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:26:07 -0700, "Lane McMullen" <LaneMcMullen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I work for a company whose Exchange environment consists of about 120 ...

recipient policy in child domain
I've just set up a new child domain for our site and installed a new exchange server in it. Setup is mycompany.com - Exchange Server A (Exchange 2000) scotland.mycompany.com - Exchange Server B (Exchange 2003) When opening up system manager in the child domain scotland.mycompany.com, it correctly lists both Exchange servers but i dont understand how to set recipient policy for the child domain. I want all AD user accounts created in the child domain to have the address user@scotland-mycompany.com but if i update the recipient policy in system manager on Exchange Server B it also u...

Outlook Group Policy Setting Not Working
I am using the Outlk11.adm group policy template and cannot configure one setting. The "Minimize Outlook to System Tray" does not work through group policy or the Custom Installation Wizard. The registry key never gets created. Can someone help? Noel ...

OWA network access policy page?
I was wondering what kind of banner message about network policy that other businesses that run OWA were using. I have come under a directive to put our standard banner message for users attempting to log onto OWA. How are other people doing this? I was thinking of just putting a static page before the logon page that linked to the Exchange logon, so that users were forced to view the policy each time they logged on. Someone suggested a pop-up, but I don't know how to do this as I am not exactly an IIS expert. regards, Jim ...

Retention Policy
I am moving to a new exchange server (just hardware, same version, Exch2000). I currently have a Recipeint Retention Policy that is set to Users with Exchange Mailboxes, in the Mailbox Store on the "old" server. What's the best way to include the new server in this policy? I have other Exchange servers, but the mailboxes are all on one of these two servers. Is there a reason to not use "mailboxes on any server"? This is it currently: (&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Mailbox Store (OLDSERVER),CN=First...

Recipient policies #7
I have two domains one.com two.com Some recipients should have one.com as the primary smtp-address, others should have two.com as the primary smtp-address. I joined the new exchange 2003 server to our previous 5.5 site. So a default recipient policy is created that makes one.com the primary smtp-address. I create a new recipient policy that has two.com as the primary smtp-address for a selection of users. 1) Nothing happens, I mean, the mailboxes that are dependent on the second recipient policy do not receive the extra address. 2) When I manually add the second smtp-address (two.com) ...

Online Service Policy (OSP) document
I have Money 2003 - please is anyone able to tell me how to access my OSP that I am directed to by microsoft.? I wish to find out if I am still able to download prices, or whether this facility lapses with that to downlaod from bank. Usually it is in Help > About or somewhere round there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "bobbyboy" <bobbyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:125300...

Exchange 2003: Implementing a policy to delete mail after 30 days..
Two parts to the question... First, If I implement that policy today for 30 days, does the clock start ticking for all messages in my mailbox (that I've selected) starting today? (i.e. all messages with timestamps older than 30 days will not be deleted until the first 30 days is up? Just want to make sure messages dont't start getting immediatley deleted when I turn the policy on... Second question: I think there are 2 diofferent places where I could implement this policy: under administrative groups for the mailbox store, and under Recipient Polices at the top.. I only have 1 ex...

Function of MS and CCMail type in default policy
Dear all, What is the function of MS and CCMail type ? Thx. Hi, These are old mailsystems not widely used anymore. Unless you have these mailsystems implemented you should not assign the addresses to the users. Leif "Stanley" <holunking@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uxzGaOmgGHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > What is the function of MS and CCMail type ? Thx. > Hi, Could you mind telling me old mailsystem??? Thx. "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNO-SPAM@get2net.dk> ���g��l��s�D:ejxo9QmgGHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl.....

E-Mail Address Recipient Policy
Environment is win2k3/Exchange 2k3. I'm hosting three smtp domains (company1.com, company2.com, and company3.com). My default active-directory domain is company.local. I have created a new RECIPIENT POLICY for each of the new domains (in addition to the default recipient policy that is already there. On each of the new recipient policies, I created the appropriate smtp domain (e.g. @company1.com, etc.). The question is, what do I do with the DEFAULT smtp domain (company.local) that is included in all three of my NEW recipient policies? Am I supposed to remove it, or do I j...

Recipient Policy in Exchange 2003 (on SBS 2003)
I want to create a recipient policy so that i can use the mailbox management process to clear out a specific users mailbox regularly. I see exactly how this all works but the filter is not working. I have only done it so that it generates a report so far (a good thing!). If i click on the "modify" followed by "find now" button on the general tab of the policy properties i get exactly the user i want and only that user. However when i run the management process it runs for all mailboxes - all the users got an email telling them how many emails would have been deleted ...

Group policy asociated to OU "Workstations" with user settings
I have associated loopback policy to this container , then it works. But I would it associate no to all workstations , but only certain group of workstations. If I remove "authenticated users" from APPLY GPO and then assign apply rights only to this WS group, the user setting do not apply, because it is not user group. On this computers work more users, therefore is for me more simply assign policy to WS group that users group. I would like avoid to create next subcontainer and associate policy to this. Exist some solution for this ? -- Daniel ...

Export Recipient Policy
Hi, Is it possible to export the domain names from each of the recipient policies? I would like to be able to export all the domain names to see what is being used by for mail delivery. I have tried the export from the recipient policy container but this just exports the list of policies in use. Thanks in advance. On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 03:12:03 -0800, "Lee Carass" <LeeCarass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is it possible to export the domain names from each of the recipient policies? > >I would like to be able to export all the domain names to see...

Change recipient/email address policy for new users only- Exchange 2003
We have historically had half a dozen SMTP address for users. e.g: firstname.lastname@companyname.co.uk firstname.lastname@productname.co.uk firstname.lastname@companyname2.co.uk etc,etc. With the '@productname' one as the default SMTP address. What we need to do now is for all new users only to have just the one email address of : firstname.lastname@companyname.co.uk. Existing users are to keep their original settings. i.e. original default, plus multiple addresses. ( As we have approx 50 users I can manually change them as and when). So basically- I'd like the email address poli...

Password policy #2
Our password policy is set in our Default Domain Policy. By the policy, the pasword should expire every 180 days, but the expire every thirty days. No matter what I do I can't get it to update the policy. If you run RSoP, it shows the correct policy. However, they still expire every 30 days. Where can this be coming from? This has plaged the newwork before I came and as far as I know the policy was never set for thirty days. I have checked everything I can think of. When you run 'Gpresult /v' it show the password policy that's in the Domain Policy, but it still promp...

Recipient Policy #10
Hi, can anyone explain why my recipient policy does not run automatically and i have to enforce it before proxy addresses are updated? Thanks How long are you waiting? Are you aware of any AD replication issues? Try changing your RUS configuration to point to a different GC and Exchange server and restart system attendant. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Bankie wrote: > Hi, > can anyone explain why my recipient policy does not run automatically and i > have to enforce it before proxy addresses are updated? > > Thanks ...

Set policies for items archivation on Exchange
Hi, it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items? Or should can it be done using GPO? Thanks, Jozef Izso. On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 02:53:02 -0800, Jozef Izso <jozef.izso@nospam.postalias> wrote: >Hi, > >it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items >from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items? > >Or should can it be done using GPO? Yes, I believe you can set this with the outlook adm using a GPO. > > &g...