Weird Free/Busy Behavior...Calendar Details not available.

I have a client who is experiencing issues viewing free/busy data when
scheduling appointments.  The free/busy information is there, but no
Calendar Details are available for this one particular user.  The user
trying to view the Calendar Details has Publishing Editor rights to
the problem user's Calendar and can even view their Private items. The
problem user cannot even view their own Calendar Details when inviting
attendees.  I have tried starting Outlook 2003 with the /cleanfreebusy
switch several times and have verified that all four boxes under
Tools/Options/Calendar Options/Planner Options are checked.

Any ideas?  I can provide a screenshot of what I talking about if
necessary....

Thanks for any help....

It's extreme, but you could delete and recreate the mailbox.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Mark Greene" <notvalid@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I have a client who is experiencing issues viewing free/busy data when
> scheduling appointments.  The free/busy information is there, but no
> Calendar Details are available for this one particular user.  The user
> trying to view the Calendar Details has Publishing Editor rights to
> the problem user's Calendar and can even view their Private items. The
> problem user cannot even view their own Calendar Details when inviting
> attendees.  I have tried starting Outlook 2003 with the /cleanfreebusy
> switch several times and have verified that all four boxes under
> Tools/Options/Calendar Options/Planner Options are checked.
>
> Any ideas?  I can provide a screenshot of what I talking about if
> necessary....
>
> Thanks for any help....

0
curspice6401 (3486)
3/23/2007 3:30:32 AM
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:30:32 -0700, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
<curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>It's extreme, but you could delete and recreate the mailbox.

So you think I should export to PST, delete the mailbox, recreate the
mailbox, then import from PST?

Thanks for the reply Ed....
I've heard from others that it's fixed problems like that.
--

> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:30:32 -0700, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
> <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>It's extreme, but you could delete and recreate the mailbox.
>
> So you think I should export to PST, delete the mailbox, recreate the
> mailbox, then import from PST?
>
> Thanks for the reply Ed....

0
curspice6401 (3486)
3/24/2007 2:47:46 AM
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:47:46 -0700, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
<curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>I've heard from others that it's fixed problems like that.

Here's what I ended up doing.  I exported the problem user's mailbox
to PST and created a test mailbox in Exchange which I imported the PST
to.  When I logged on to the mailbox, I recieved an error message
about reminders that could not be displayed because recurrence
information could not be read.  So, I performed an advanced search on
all recurring appointments and meetings.  I attempted to open all the
recurring items it found.  I found three items that would not open and
generated the recurrence error message.  As soon as I deleted those
three items, Calendar Details appeared in the free/busy data.  Once I
deleted the same three items in the original user's mailbox, Calendar
Details appeared in her free/busy data also.  Success!!!

Thanks again for your help Ed.....
For future reference, you might have been able to fix them with OWA.  We
used to tell people to use the old Exchange client for that--it wasn't
nearly as picky as Outlook--but that piece of code is old history and hard
to find.
--

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:47:46 -0700, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
> <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>I've heard from others that it's fixed problems like that.
>
> Here's what I ended up doing.  I exported the problem user's mailbox
> to PST and created a test mailbox in Exchange which I imported the PST
> to.  When I logged on to the mailbox, I recieved an error message
> about reminders that could not be displayed because recurrence
> information could not be read.  So, I performed an advanced search on
> all recurring appointments and meetings.  I attempted to open all the
> recurring items it found.  I found three items that would not open and
> generated the recurrence error message.  As soon as I deleted those
> three items, Calendar Details appeared in the free/busy data.  Once I
> deleted the same three items in the original user's mailbox, Calendar
> Details appeared in her free/busy data also.  Success!!!
>
> Thanks again for your help Ed.....

0
curspice6401 (3486)

Free PPT Viewer
I need the link to the free PPT Viewer but the website is giving me a Page Not Found response. Could you let me know when this is fixed? Thanx Hi It looks like the 2003 viewer is no longer available, but the 2007 viewer page is showing for me. PowerPoint 2007 viewer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=048DC840-14E1-467D-8DCA-19D2A8FD7485&displaylang=en Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Flashgor" <Flashgor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5F843BC-D218-43...

vacation available not correct
Hello: This client tells me that the amounts appearing in the Vacation Available field within the Vac/Sick button in Employee Maintenance is not appearing correctly for a few employees. For instance, they just added 16.00 hours worth of floating hours (2 business days) in the Vacation Available field for two supervisors. They're saying that those 16.00 hours are not there anymore and they claim that no vacation hours have been processed in Payroll Trx Entry for these two supervisors. Also, they say that one employee has a negative amount of vacation available. The Payroll Emp...

Clearification question
Hi, We have been trying to figure this out for some time now. Occasionly when we schedule services out from the WEB client, the appointment occurs in the users Outlook client/calendar. But most of the time it doesn't. And when it does it is always the same user, never anyone else. All of our consultants have the same rights and roles. I have been trying to figure this one out - but i can't...; Does the Service Calendar sync with Exchange / Outlook or not? If someone who knows this could clearify, i would really appreciate it. Regards From what I've seen...and we use th...

adding multiple businesses in Money 2006 small business
I can not see how to add multiple businesses (or modify my original business info) in money 2006 small business. can someone help ...

Business Portal Requisition Management Shipping Method
When adding a requisition item, it should have the option to choose a shipping method (with lookup) for the item on the RequisitonLine dialog. ...

Week shows as Busy, but no events are showing
have a client that has a week showing as busy or tentatively busy, however there are no events showing in the calendar. I have removed any filters and verified the working hours. I deleted all the other events or appointments that were showing up for that week and still nothing. I checked all the tasks and none were tied to the calendar. No one is able to schedule a meeting with this user because it shows the whole week as busy. What more can I check? outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy /cleanreminders that might do it... ~jason k "robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

References are available when using a bulk import from MS CRM ?
As I am getting problems with the CRM Migration assistant, as my data are not that difficult, I will try with the bulk import, but : - Are references, for example between contacts and accounts, managed during an importation process ? >10.000 account, I do not plan to loose any relationships - It's possible to cancel an importation, or is needed to restore a previous backup of the database ? Philippe ...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net ...

Weird Opening Document
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 I just received a Word 2003 document as an email attachment. When I opened the attachment, it launched Word 2003 on my system. Although Office 2003 still resides on my system, I am using Office 2007. I have received 2003 Word documents as email attachments before, and when I open the attachment it always launches Word 2007. Any idea what would cause an email attachment to launch Word 2003 this time??? My guess: Because the file extension was .doc and the default file format in Word 2007 is .docx Daddy "BK" <nosp...

Free Credit Report and Free Credit Score
Free Credit Report and Free Credit Score View your Free Credit Report and Free Credit Score Online Instantly. http://creditreport.mzs-inc.com ...

Oulook Business Manager
Hi Guys I have been running Outlook 2003 and it works well, I then loaded the Business Manager and now I sometimes get Business Manager to run and other times it is just Outlook PLEASE HELP ...

WEIRD FOLDER
I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? Thanks Paul "PAUL" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:992BA7CD-6A82-46CD-9876-B7F69E8401D3@microsoft.com... > I have a weird folder under Local Disk/users/myname called: > {bd85e97f-d63c-40fc-8915-0b1859d829e3} > > Is this folder needed? If not can I delete it? > > Thanks > > Paul It's most likely a temp folder used by installing of some program. It should b...

FREE
The FUTURE is HERE! Connect via Phone Globally with anyone for FREE . . . http://www.intelefone.net/presentations/index.asp?username=RTLDist&target=retail ...

weird symbol instead of comma in address?
I have Office 2007 and I am using the Publisher with the mail merge to populate the addresses in thank-you cards to be mailed out. The only problem is that the comma between the city and state does not look like a comma but a small right triangle without the hypotenuse. What do I need to do for the comma to appear correctly in the address? Are you using a decorative font? I can't duplicate your issue. Is the comma in the city field or are you manually adding it? Personally I don't use the comma any longer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <dsnsac...

Business Case Charting
15 supervisors submit estimates of time to complete a task. I would like to plot the values, and, a normal distribution curve - then, using the chart, draw a consensus as to the most accurate time for the task. What would comprise such a chart and, would there be a way to model the estimated times to produce the consensus (formulas, functions, VBA, etc)? Thanks, Phil Phil Hageman > 15 supervisors submit estimates of time to complete a task. I would like > to > plot the values, and, a normal distribution curve - then, using the chart, > draw a consensus as to the most accu...

Weird shifting
I have two odd things happening in my document that I don't *think* are related, but who knows...? I'm using Word 2007 and I have a template that I created specifically for this document. It is a very convoluted template based on obsolete military style guides that I have no say in. I have 7 heading levels and each heading level has numbered procedural steps. Each heading level indents one step from the next higher heading, so by the time I get to the highest heading level my left indent is about 3". Crazy, but like I said, I have no say in the format. Anyhoo... w...

Weird Spacing Problem
I have two users that when they type an email in CRM and then click Save, it adds about 15 to 20 line spaces at the top of the document. To test, I used the same Contact, clicked email, then Save and it didn't do it for me. But then I had him go in to that Contact and open the email I had just created and it immediately added 15-20 lines at the top (that he can't get rid of). If he sends the email it leaves the lines and appears like it's a big, blank email. Anyone seen anything like this? I thought at first maybe it was an OL 2003 thing because I'm still on 2000, but I t...

How do I bring up the Business Card Options in Task Pane?
I am trying to set up Business Cards to print 10 up, but can not find the Business Card Options, button/tool that is supposed to appear in the tasks. Any suggestions? Linda File, page setup...business cards. Click "Change copies per sheet button", side .75, top .5, set gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Linda Wilson" <LindaWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8FA3C40-DFAC-454A-AC0C-70DF6C00E2E3@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up Business Cards to pr...

Business Alerts (trim fields, email excel report)
I have two suggestions for Business alerts: 1) Add the ability to trim fields (I had to do achieve this by accessing the related sql tables directly) 2) Add the option to email an excel or csv file, rather than a text file. The default text file that comes out doesn't open directly into excel with each field in a separate column. Victor... Hi Victor, Have you found out if the file attachment can be changed to excel or csv, maybe in 10.0? "Victor" wrote: > I have two suggestions for Business alerts: > 1) Add the ability to trim fields (I had to do achieve this by a...

Day Highlighted in Calendar View
Is there a simple way to have the current day highlighted when in weekly and monthly view? When I open my calendar I'd like to be able to visually acquire the present day. Thanks, Jim ...

Casyncsocket::Connect behavior different in release build
I've a routine that creates a sock_stream (tcp) socket, connects, and communicates that uses mfc casyncsocket class. I've been using it in debug mode build for a couple years. After the connect() call, if the return is 0 it checks if GetLastError is WSAEWOULDBLOCK, and if it is awaits an OnConnect callback. It's always worked pretty much "exactly" as the CAsyncSocket::Connect call describes. I switched to release build just a few days ago, and have been fixing various things that worked forgivingly in debug build (mostly initialization issues). The really curious thi...

Weird scrolling problem with folders
I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have ...

calendar #5
How can I go about creating a calendar within Excell in which due dates are calculated automatically? (Date: 10/28/05 + 6 months =, Date + one year, Date + 5 years, etc.) Please help. Thank you in advance. ds The formula for the date plus six months is =EOMONTH(A1,5) For date plus one year =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) For date plus 5 years =DATE(YEAR(A1)+5,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Thanks Dave "Dave O" wrote: > The formula for the date plus six months is > =EOMONTH(A1,5) > > For date plus one year > =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) > > For dat...

Mailbox management -- recipient policy age limit weirdness
I've been testing a couple recipient policies, and I come across this kind of thing now and then. I end up with a report that shows a few users with something like this when absolutely nothing should get tagged for deletion on them: ---------- Cleaning Mailbox user@domain.com Recipient Policy: Test1 Folder / Contents: 1 Items (27.00 KB) Folder / Contents: 1 Items (27.00 KB) Folder / Done: 0 Items Processed, 1 Items Would Be Moved or Deleted (2097409 KB) Folder /Outbox Contents: 0 Items (5.00 KB) Folder /Outbox Contents: 0 Items (5.00 KB) Folder /Outbox Done: 0 Items Processed, 0 Items Wou...

Using Index, Match and Search to populate items to a calendar view
Hello, I need assistance figuring out a formula. Here's the situation: I have two worksheets. Worksheet 1 lists, in spreadsheet form, names and dates of events, including a column that details what state(s) the event is in (a row may list, "IL," or "IL, WI, TX," etc...). It is sortable by state, and a number of other features. Unfortunately, my readers want to see a monthly calendar view - not a spreadsheet... so... Worksheet 2 shows a monthly calendar view, with a drop down list to select the Month and Year, and one to select a single State. ...