Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3

Hello,

My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange
2003.  Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have
Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup.  This is working just fine for getting mail
from the Internet.  The problem that I am having is that I have a user who
has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox
and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail
and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization.
This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup.  I can  not seem to
find a place in Exchange where I can make an exception for this one e-mail
to get out of exchange.  Is there a way I can do this?
Thank You,
Joe

0
jbucar (14)

Give the user a mailbox and have the user configure the web hosted mail
account ot forward mail to the exchange server?????????

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

"Joe Bucar" <jbucar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange
> 2003.  Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have
> Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup.  This is working just fine for getting mail
> from the Internet.  The problem that I am having is that I have a user who
> has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox
> and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail
> and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the
> organization.
> This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup.  I can  not seem
> find a place in Exchange where I can make an exception for this one e-mail
> to get out of exchange.  Is there a way I can do this?
> Thank You,
> Joe

0
nospam6185 (535)

Multiple POP3 Account Timeout
Outlook 2003 with XP Pro. I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003, and Outlook 2003 behaves differently when one of my multiple POP3 accounts is unavailable. Outlook 2000 would skip the bad account and download messages from those it could access. At the next log-on interval, it would recheck all accounts, without any user intervention. When my ISP got the bad account back on line, Outlook 2000 would log back in without any user intervention. With Outlook 2003, the first unaccessable account results in a pop-up dialog box prompting me for the password. If I'm not at the com...

How to set Quota in Exchange 2000?
Help I need to set quota on my exchangeserver users. And I like to set different sizes for te mailboxes for diferent group og peoples. Thanks for Help Henrik Hi Henrik, I would like to point you to below KB article . Hope this helps. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319583&Product=exch2 k Regards, Amit Mantri This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Exchange 5.5 Public Folder Error
When I try to access certain public folders in my site I get the following error: The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Either the MS Exchange computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site. See your administrator. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 80004005-0507-00000000 I search in Microsoft Knowledgebase and the only information I can find is deals with Organizational forms and first server of the site. Neither one of those topic fit the situation. We’ve haven’t reassigns the first serv...

MS Exchange #2
How can you report on what mailboxes are setup to 'autoforward' its mail to another email account? This can be considered a security issue/concern for us.... By default, Exchange 2003 will not let users auto-forward mail out of the organization, but you can change this under the global messaging defaults. I just posted a link to a script written by Glen Scales that might help you find these "auto-forward" rules: http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/10/reporting-on-forwarding-rules-in.html -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "Karen" <Kar...

Reinstall without disks?
I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP. I didn't realize the upgrade would overwrite Office 2000. Can I still find 2000 somewhere and reactivate/reinstall it? If not, I no longer have the install disks so is there another way to install (download for example)? I just want to revert back to 2000 and not have to pay for another version. "BGHEG" <BGHEG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19DA655E-8D3D-4FE2-877E-FB6A1669AE36@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP. I didn't realize the >upgrade > wo...

Continual Password Prompt
Hello, We are experiencing a strange problem with three Win7 clients on a SBS 2008 network. Whenever outlook is launched, the user is asked for their user name and password, similar to when a remote user connects from outside the network using RPC over HTTP. No matter how many times the user name/password are entered, the prompt continues to appear. Only after cancelling the prompt can the user get into Outlook and use the program - Outlook reports that exchange is connected, mail works as expected. However, the prompt continues to appear. This happens whether the us...

Help! mails without date and subject
Hi, We have all outlook 2000 and MDeamon (in place of Exchange). Recently some of my college received emails without Subject, Date ... they are usual email and they have all normal header. But I don't understand why we received them so strange. (They are not virus) Any body help? Thanks. Star ...

exchange security
Whats the best way to secure your exchange 2k server. Is there anice guide available There is some info here: http://www.nsa.gov/snac/win2k/download.htm http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/security/2000.asp -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Matt" <administrator@unilin-us.com> wrote in message news:e1ab01c3eff5$a685abf0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Whats the best way to secure your exchange 2k server. Is > there anice guide available ...

Swithing to pop3?
We've recently began the process to switch to pop3 email after deciding to bring down our exchange serveer. Problem is Exchange seems to still want to route all of our outgoing smtp relays. I have disabled all exchange services and we are able to receive email via pop3 but all of our exchange requests are timing out. I've gone through every possibility, our isp is not blocking smtp and it is not a firewall issue. I am very new to exchange and was wondering if anyone could help with rerouting smtp to the outside world Thanks for any help Mathew On 4 Apr 2006 08:12:05 -0700, "...

Inter-Org Mail Connection to Exchange 2003
Hi everyone, I have two Exchange 5.5 servers, each in their own orgainization, but in the same domain. I am migrating to one Exchange 2003 server. For the first organization 5.5 server, I setup an ADC connection using the wizard. Works great.... My question....How do I connect the second organization's 5.5 server for coexistence during the move? I can't have a two way agreement with a server in a different org. The migration wizard is great for moving mailboxes, but once I do, the email only works inside our domain (no outside SMTP messages go to the new server). ...

sorting without affecting the format
Pls tell me how to sort out datas (A-Z or alphabetical oreder) without affecting the format (like spaces or rows in between). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Sort the individual blocks separately (data without blanks), or else the space (blanks) will get sorted as well. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "alyndejs" <alyndejs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7799C820-6BFE-4C45-894A-FA787089675D@microsoft.com... > Pls tell me how to sort out datas (A-Z or alphabetical oreder) without > affecting the format (like spaces or rows in between). An...

pop3 address line
I am running Outlook 2002 SP1. When I put the correct pop server information in the pop line as in pop.starband.net when I come back it will always be changed to "localhost" without the quotes. Also it appends "/pop.starband.net" without the quotes to the user name line. It seems to work most of the time but this is the only computer i am having this to happen on. Any ideas? Thanks, Wesley ...

EXCDO calendering errors after a restore to Exchange 2003
Hi there, I am having some issues after performing a restore. When the CEO tries to create a new calender item, it disappears on sync with the server, and I get the following 3 events in the application log. (anonymised) The error code 0x80040219 is what I can't find anywhere. Any suggestions? Event Type: Warning Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8237 Date: 18/09/2006 Time: 2:47:56 PM User: N/A Computer: BETTY Description: Calendaring agent failed with error 0x80040219 while attempting to open the status message. If the user is a delegate, the access rights to...

Unable to use out look with Cached Exchange Mode enabled
A user received a brand new PC with a fresh rebuild of win XP. Now her outlook won't log in when "Cached Exchange Mode" is enabled. The first time I started her outlook it wouldnt go in so I went to control panel, then mail, went to her profile and unclicked "Use Cached Exchange Mode". This seems to solve the problem however were supposed to enable that feature. Anyone has any ideas why "Cached Exchange Mode" doesn't work for this user? Her PC is brand new and only has about a week's worth of e-mails. Does she have enough rights to save the oft...

Contract Pricing items without a price book associated
Suggestion: Please take a look at the functionality of items without price books for pricing and maintenance options in Contract Administration. The calculations should be consistent if possible. Challenge: If the functionality exists to enter inventory items not associated with price books into the Contract Admin lines, then the calculations on quarterly or bi-monthly billing cycles should be consistent with the multipliers used at entry. Issues with recalculations of pricing at the line levels when price book options on the header form are applied to the lines are inconsistent with...

Exchange Connector for Lotus Notes
Hi support Does anyone have installed Microsoft Exchange connector for Lotus Notes intead of installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 Exchange router, my customer assisting using Lotus Notes R6 server and there still retain Lotus Notes Server as main server. Anyone have best documentation Microsoft Exchange connector for Lotus Notes for Microsoft CRM 1.2 server Can someone help me? Thanks for all, Alan Ting Alan, MS CRM can only us MS Exchange for it's email functionality. I have not heard of anyone who has been able to successfully use it with any other mail server. it is not likely that...

POP3 Unable to Authenticate
I am setting up a pop3 server on Exchange 2003 for remote employees and authentication is failing for the smtp vs. If I set the smtp vs to accept anonymous access, then everything works fine. If I leave it unchecked, the connection times out. I have tried various forms of authentication in Outlook ie. domain\user; user@domain. The email account is @xxx.com while the domain is xxx.local. I have tried authenticating to domain.local\username and username@domain.local. Still no joy. Other Settings I have tried per usegroups: Granting explicit Subit/Relay permissions to Authenticated Users, SELF,...

Size (without subfolders)?
Using Outlook 2003, when checking the sizes of my folders, what exactly does this field represent: "Size (without subfolders)"? The difference between the totals of my subfolders and the "Total size (including subfolders) is the "Size (without subfolders). Thanks. The size without subfolders is the size of the current folder you are in. The size with subfolders is the total size of the folder you are in including all the folders below that folder. This is so you can easily track the size of that tree of folders just like you can in Windows Explorer. -- Robert Spa...

Outlook 2003 can't connect to Exchange or POP3 in a Domain 2003
Hello everybody, We have a Windows Domain (SBS on Windows 2003) and a few Windows XP clients. Exchange 2003 is running on the domain controller (same 2003 box). All clients have Office 2003. I added 2 users in the domain, their mailbox was created and they can access it perfectly through web access. The problem is that they can't connect to the exchange server through Outlook. I mean, is seems like they do connect (no error messages and the status bar says "Connected") but they can't send any mail. No error messages here either, I hit "Send/Receive" and not...

Distribution list without e-mail address
I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation. Most of the executives are family members. We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail addresses of all family members, both in-house and external. The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family news to the entire family in one fell-swoop. The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business, many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation. One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do with ...

Exchange 2000 Connectors question
NOT an expert by any means here...inherited a network and am now responsible for "making it work". Running an Exchange 2000 server...no other mail servers on the network. In Active Directory Sites and Services, if I double click all the way down the Exchange tree to Routing groups...we have one routing group and in it, there are 3 connectors listed under "Connections". One says MS MAIL (Servername), one says MS SchedulePlus FreeBusy, and one says Internet. I'm assuming the SMTP Internet connector is valid but are the other 2 needed?? I'm reading up on it and i...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange Problems
Hi All If you've seen the postings between LanWench and myself you will know that we don't have a conventional set up at my place, but I need your assistance on the following problems: 1) I'm running Outlook 2003 on a WinXP Pro (all web updates + SP1) machine. If I retrieve an email from my external Internet POP3 account and want to forward it to somebody on my local Exchange network, I go to the Actions/Resend menu option on the message, change the Account dropdown from my default to my Exchange account, type my friend's Exchange email address in the To box and then send it ...

Using exchage to get multiple pop3 accounts
I would like to set up an account that not only gets my local mail, but also goes out and checks my yahoo mail, my comcast mail, etc.... Can anyone tell me if I can do this through exchange? Thanks Unless you're using a POP connector (not recommended), no, but you can set up the other accounts in Outlook, presuming you're using OL2002 or 2003. James Mckillop wrote: > I would like to set up an account that not only gets my > local mail, but also goes out and checks my yahoo mail, my > comcast mail, etc.... Can anyone tell me if I can do this > through exchange? Than...

WEBHOSTING SEM LIMITES
ALOJAMENTO PROFISSIONAL DE WEBSITES A PRE�OS COMPETITIVO REGISTO DE DOM�NIOS, WEBDESIGN http://www.weboeste.com TODOS OS PLANOS PERMITEM CONTE�DO COMERCIAL ALGUMAS CARACTERISTICAS COMUNS EM TODOS OS PLANOS DE ALOJAMENTO * cPanel 8 * Contas de E-mail POP3 * Contas FTP * Sub dom�nios * Raw Access Logs, Raw Log Manager * Redirects * Backup's e Restores * Gestor de Nega��o de IP's * Gest�o profissional de servidores * Estat�sticas Web/FTP (Analog, Awstats, Webalizer, Latest Visitors) * Protec��o de Direct�rios com Password * Filtros de E-mail; Assassino de Spam * PHP; Perl; CGI; SSI *...

Exchange 2003 installation problem
Hello All- I am so frustrated with Exchange. This all started out when I installed Exchange 2007 and backed out because of all the restrictions and it was so radically different from Exchange 2003. So I uninstalled it and went through all kinds of gyrations to do so. Then I reinstalled Exchange 2003 and there were multiple administrative groups and mailboxes wouldn't create. So I completely uninstalled it, IIS and all the related services. Then I went into ADSIedit.msc and changed the heuristics value to none. Now I am trying to reinstall Exchange 2003 and at the Forest Preparation...