Ways to use POP3 with Exchange 2007

Hello all,

We're mograting to Exchange 2007 and have some legacy accounts accessed by
POP3 plus internal servers which need to use Exchange to send emails - what
is the best way to configure and secure:

a) pop3
b) SMTP and associated connectors

On the old Exchange 2000 server we're migrating from, the SMTP virtual
server has IP addresses of internal server who can relay, on the Exchange
2007 servers this seems hit and miss, is there any special configuration
required?

TIA

Cheers, Andy

0
Andrew

For POP3 setup in Exchange 2007,

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/mobility-client-access/using-pop3-imap4-access-exchange-2007-part1.html

For allowing applications/devices to relay off Exchange 2007,

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/28/432013.aspx

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Andrew Story" <andrewDOTstoryATjameswalkerDOTbiz> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> We're mograting to Exchange 2007 and have some legacy accounts accessed by
> POP3 plus internal servers which need to use Exchange to send emails -
> what is the best way to configure and secure:
>
> a) pop3
> b) SMTP and associated connectors
>
> On the old Exchange 2000 server we're migrating from, the SMTP virtual
> server has IP addresses of internal server who can relay, on the Exchange
> 2007 servers this seems hit and miss, is there any special configuration
> required?
>
> TIA
>
> Cheers, Andy

0
John

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Exchange Server 2007 Hub Transport errors
Good Morning everyone, I have an issue with trying to submit mail. When I draft a message and press send in OWA or via MAPI (Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2007), the message ends up in the DRAFTS folder. (NOT THE SENT ITEMS or the OUTBOX). When troubleshooting via the ExTA there is a reference to the MSExchangeTransport service not starting. When I attempt to start the service, it will start; however, it stops "on it's own" without any intervention. When I check the Event Viewer this is what I see: Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: Storage Event ID: 17002 Descri...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

A way to create sub-categories?

Exchange 2000 upgrade
I currently run an Exchange 2000 standard on a Windows 2000 standard server in a Windows 2000 mixed mode domain. The current Exchange server is also a DC and a GC server. I am preparing to upgrade to Exchange 2003 Ent with Windows 2003 standard server on a new box. This new box will have 4 GB RAM and 6 - 72 GB drives. We have about 75 mailboxes. I'm looking for advices on the following information: _ Step-by-Step upgrade instructions _ My Exchange server is in Mixed mode, is it necessary to change it to Native mode before I upgrade _ Does it matter if I move the mailboxes be...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

Selecting and moving chart(s) within a worksheet using keyboard ke
Hi all, I have created some charts in a worksheet. I would like to be able to do the following if possible: 1. I have selected a chart (by clicking on the chart and handles appeared around the perimeter of the chart). What I would like to do is to be able to select the chart using keyboard short-cut and to move the chart around the worksheet also using keyboard keys rather than the mouse. At the moment I can only move it (a single chart) using the mouse. However strangely enough, if I select two or more charts (Shift+ Lt.Click) I am able to then use the arrow keys to move the chart. ...

Newsreader when using Outlook
I'm just transition to Outlook (from OE). Just wondering about news-readers. I use OE as a news-reader at the moment. But it's not apparent that that is possible in Outlook proper. If this is so - what are Outlook user's doing in this reagards? Many thanks. === Phil (NZ) You are in luck. OE is the news reader for Outlook. Always has been. Always will be. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Phil Jones" <phil_newsgroup@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23lEn6sibFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm just transition to Outlook (from OE). > > Just...

Help with custom search form
I have a search form that retrieves records in a subform based on criteria entered into unbound text boxes on the main/parent form. The subform is tied to a SQL recordset that contains a field called “Select”. The field’s datatype is Yes/No. On the main form I have a button called “View Selected” with the following code in the OnClick event: Private Sub cmdViewSelected_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdViewSelected_Click Dim i As Integer i = DCount("ProjectId", "ProjectTbl", "[Select] = " & True) If i = 0 Then MsgBox "No Record(s...

Exchange Global Rules
I have noticed that in Exchange 2003 OWA you can define rules that must be stored in Exchange because when you connect to the exchange server with Outlook the rules you defined in OWA are present. I am curious if a method exists for defining these rules on a global scale. An example of what I would like to do is as follows: My users receive certain pre-filter messages with an auto tag added to the subject line. Currently, some users have a local outlook rule that filters these emails to a predetermined folder in their personal inbox. In order for me to admin these I have to go to each users ...

Exchange 2003 and DPM2007
I use Exchange 2003 on server Windows 2003 32bit and DPM2007 on server Windows 2008R2. The replica of Storage group Storage Group on MyServer.MyDomain is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

change "save location" in MS Word 2007
I wish to change the save location to "my documents." It can't be done. If you browse and click to get the correct location, Word won't save it. If you type it in, Word says "access denied" when you try to save. Please advise. And I'm not even going to ask why Microsoft changed this option. I've yet to find a change in Word 2007 that is helpful. I also haven't found any helpful changes in Word 2007, but I think I know how to do what you're asking. Click on the Office button and select "Word Options." Click on "Adva...

Extremely slow copy/cut in Excel 2007
The copy/cut action in Excel 2007 has recently gotten extremely slow. When I press Ctrl-C, the spinner displays for 10-30 seconds before giving control back to Excel. Once Excel becomes active again, pasting works quickly and as expected. This behavior happens across multiple spreadsheet files (all fairly simple), and takes place when copying anything from a single cell up to a 60x5 grid of cells. My wife has noticed this behavior on her machine, too. Has anybody else run into this problem (have just noticed for a few days - persists through reboots of the machine - Win7 Pro ...

Use tiltle in a cell
Is there a way to use the title of the spreadsheet as a cell value? I asked this before in another topic, but there was no reply. My sheet get's it's title from a database and is variable. So if i can use the title i can strip several characters from the title and use this. So I want to retrieve the title of the spreadsheet and use this in a cell. Thanks! The name of a worksheet can be extracted to a cell with: =MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from em...

Error I have never seen before in Exchange 5.5
Just wondering if any other exchange gurus have ever seen this error. I am running exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server both the os and exchange are running sp4. The network is also a 2003 active directory network The error is as states: Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeF Event Category: Non Event ID: 103 Date: 11/14/200 Time: 2:32:11 P User: N/ Computer: EXCHANG Description Unable to open or read a message in the Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector inbox from Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector (EXCHANGE). It shows up many times a day in the event viewer. It does not seem...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Using DoCmd.SendObject
Hi, My default e-mail client is outlook2007 and configured to connect to an Exchange server.Is there any possibility of DoCmd.SendObject open Vista Windows Mail instead of Outlook 2007? If no, can someone tell me another procedure to do that. Thanks CJA Tony Toews has some good info here about various approaches to sending email from Access: http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "CJA" <car...

Exchange 5.5 ADC Removal Problem
I installed an exchange 2003 server. I migrated all the data and removed the last 5.5 server. When I run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer it reports that the 5.5 server still has 2 connection agreements and the server is down and the adc cannot be located. The old server has been decommissioned, rebuilt, and re-deployed in another capacity. What can I do to resolve this? -- Go speed racer! Use AdsiEdit to remove the references to the Exch 5.5 server from AD. This article (the section on removing from AD) will point you in the right direction: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

How to generate a mailbox list file to use in scheduled ExMerge
Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively run ExMerge, then cancell the program halfway, but it does not create the file I need. An alternative for creating the file would be to use an LDAP query in a script -- if anyone can help with that as well. Thanks MosesM On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:05:04 -0800, MosesM <MosesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes >to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively ru...

Uses for Autotext Cleanup

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Customizing Toolbars in MSO 2007
I have MS Office 2007 and using Publisher to produce a Newsletter. I have tried repeatedly to customize my toolbars to make certain tasks simpler. Every time I close the program and relaunch, all the customizing I have previously done has gone. It seems like the customization is temporary to the current session which is really very irritating! I have even created new toolbars and loaded with buttons that I frequently use, but these too have apparently vanished with each new session. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know how to make these changes remain beyond the cur...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Microsoft Office on Mac using Bootcamp or Microsoft for Mac products?
I'm a new Mac user - just got a new Intel Core 2 Duo processor MacBook. I went ahead and bought the Office for Mac and installed everything. My main problem/question is that I find I can't do as many things in Entourage as I could in Outlook. (For instance, can't change colors and customize calendar as well, can't set up as many defaults like what view I want Entourage to open in.) I was thinking about using bootcamp and trying to go back to my Outlook I used to love. Any advice as to whether this is a good idea or bad idea? Also, keep in mind that I am synching successful...