Ways to use POP3 with Exchange 2007

Hello all,

We're mograting to Exchange 2007 and have some legacy accounts accessed by
POP3 plus internal servers which need to use Exchange to send emails - what
is the best way to configure and secure:

a) pop3
b) SMTP and associated connectors

On the old Exchange 2000 server we're migrating from, the SMTP virtual
server has IP addresses of internal server who can relay, on the Exchange
2007 servers this seems hit and miss, is there any special configuration
required?

TIA

Cheers, Andy

0
Andrew

For POP3 setup in Exchange 2007,

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/mobility-client-access/using-pop3-imap4-access-exchange-2007-part1.html

For allowing applications/devices to relay off Exchange 2007,

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/28/432013.aspx

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Andrew Story" <andrewDOTstoryATjameswalkerDOTbiz> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> We're mograting to Exchange 2007 and have some legacy accounts accessed by
> POP3 plus internal servers which need to use Exchange to send emails -
> what is the best way to configure and secure:
>
> a) pop3
> b) SMTP and associated connectors
>
> On the old Exchange 2000 server we're migrating from, the SMTP virtual
> server has IP addresses of internal server who can relay, on the Exchange
> 2007 servers this seems hit and miss, is there any special configuration
> required?
>
> TIA
>
> Cheers, Andy

0
John

Cannot send e-mail to a newly created Public Folder via Exchange 5
I have created a public folder to receive Internet mail. All incoming mails go through an Exchange 5.5 as SMTP gateway. The test mails from an external mailbox to the public folder failed with NDR 5.1.1 user unknown. It also failed if the mail is generated from a Exchange 5.5 mailbox. However, if the mail is generated by a Exchange 2003 mailbox or from outside directly to Exchange 2003 server, it works fine. Can anyone please help? Thanks Richard Poon Check your ADC replication. Nue "Richard Poon" <RichardPoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92224...

Excel 2007: File Extension Warning
I've created a file extension for Excel workbooks and associated the extension with Excel. No problem opening the file with older versions of Excel. With Excel 2007 I get a message stating that the file "is in a different format than specified by the file extension". I can select Yes to open the file, but I'd like to bypass this warning if possible. I tried adding the file's location to the Trusted Sources list, but that didn't affect this warning. Any suggestions? ...

Error handler for runtime error 92 "invalid use of null" not working
Hi, I'm using a slightly modified form of the code found on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210271 to create a letter based on a template with the name and address of the record you're viewing added into it. All I've changed from the code on the above website is the names of some of the bookmarks/controls and I've got rid of the code for copying a photograph as I don't need it. You can see that the code works by copying the text from your control and pasting it over one of the bookmarks in your word document. If the control is empty then you would get a runtime error 92 ...

Excel 2007 Password Recovery
Hi, im in a fix as an employee has placed a password on open on one of my documents, she does not remember what the password is, can you help me to figure out how to recover this password. I have tried numerous recovery tools and still no luck. This document contains vital information and starting a fresh is not a option. Thanks Hi, You can buy a password cracking utility on the web, google Excel Password Cracker. This should tell you that passwords are not total security. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "OS360_ITMAN" wrote: > Hi, im in a fix as an employee has placed a...

Automatic Delete of Messages in Outlook 2007?
Is there a setting to automatically delete messages after X number of days in Outlook 2007? Thanks much. evtide@gmail.com <evtide@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a setting to automatically delete messages after X number of > days in Outlook 2007? Thanks much. Open Help and enter "autoarchive" -- Brian Tillman ...

Insert row in Office 2007
Can someone advise me how to insert more than 1 row a time. Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, If you select 5 rows and then hit the Insert>Sheet Rows button, Excel will insert 5 rows -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote in message news:eXG51FrsIHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | Can someone advise me how to insert more than 1 row a time. | | Thanks, | | Scott Niek, Many thanks! Scott "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> �b�l�� news:OADLLIrsIHA.3680@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl �����g... > Hi Scott, > >...

Is there an easy way to convert a contact an account?
I just stated configuring CRM 1.2. I imported my contacts from outlook. Many of the Outlook contacts are actually the information I want for an account including the company name, address, main phone number, corporate website and email address. I have been manually creating an account record, and cutting and pasting the address and other information from the most complete contact for the company. This seems to be something that I should be able to do by just pushing a button, or running an import? Bill Walter If you import them as leads, then you can convert them to accounts. Mike &quo...

Exchange 2003 Upgrade and AD Users and Computers Exchange Advanced Tab
In the previous message (Gary D) stated a similar question. I noticed that after I installed Exchange 2003 Ent. to upgrade my Exchange 2003 Std. that I have the "Outlook Web Access Field" on the Exchange Advanced tab on the AD Recipeint Properties. The Outlook Web Access Folder field is appearing right under the "Simple Display Name" on the Exchange Advanced tab. However, all of the objects (Users) under the Users folder that were in an Enabled state do not have this new field. How do I get this field to appear on ALL of the user objects in Active Directory Users ...

IS anyone using this scanner?
I am looking at using this scanner to take physical inventory and to scan in invoices in. I was just wondering if this would work with rms because of the fact that it is wireless. I'm not sure if it's gonna work in RMS. But you can always scan in Excel and import a CSV in RMS. Regards, Julien "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C04EC3A-5F67-4FAE-AD71-91A717AFD723@microsoft.com... >I am looking at using this scanner to take physical inventory and to scan >in > invoices in. I was just wondering if this would w...

Project 2007
I am running Project locally, not on a server. Suppose I want all of the tasks to be changed to 7.5 hr calculation or 37.5 hr week. Will it work to assign the entire project and sub-tasks all to 7.5 hrs/37.5 hr week or do I need to do all individual tasks that way? In other words, what’s the highest level that I can set the tasks to this setting? And what is the best way to do this? Select all tasks you want to change to the same value, then click the Task information icon (or Shift+F2). Fields you can't set are grayed out. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project...

limiting email for local use only
exchange 2003, clients using outlook 2003 We want to limit a certain group of user to send and receive email locally. We do not want them to be able to send or receive email from or to external sources. We just want their email to be used internally. How can we do this? -Thanks for any help. See : http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Frank White" <etchingham@gmail.com> wrote in message news:u7xVWJtCFHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > exchange 2003, ...

Migrate from Goldmine 5.0 to Exchange 2003
Has anyone had any experience with this? I am wanting to move history, the shared contacts, shared files etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Dan Hellebust wrote: > Has anyone had any experience with this? I am wanting to move > history, the shared contacts, shared files etc. Any information > would be greatly appreciated. Check www.slipstick.com for conversion utilities to get the info into Outlook - if you can get it in there, you can get it into Exchange, most likely - at least your calendar, contacts, etc. I'm not sure what sort of shared files Goldmine u...

Use the X button on a userform
I know how to disable the X button on a userform but I was wondering if there was a possibility that when it is used that it opens the userform splash? Thanks in advance Greg Hi Greg Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer) If CloseMode <> 1 Then Splash.Show End If End Sub HTH Cordially Pascal "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> a �crit dans le message de news: d69ece$9v3$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >I know how to disable the X button on a userform but I was wondering if > there was a possibility that when it is used that it opens the us...

OneNote 2007 has screwed up my Outlook syncing with my PocketPC device!!!
All, Ever since I installed the beta of OneNote, when I sync up Outlook with my Pocket PC, I no longer get the notes that are attaches to any Outlook item (Task\Calender\Contacts - notes\content field)!!! Is their a way of correcting this behavior so i can get the notes contact field from my Outlook file to sync with my PocketPC. Thanks in advance. - CES are you using outlook 2003 or outlook 2007? Which active Sync version do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help wi...

Why does an Excel 2007 file lose its format when reopened?
An Excel 2007 file (e.g. File.xlsx) loses its formatting when it is reopened. You may have too many cell formats/styles. To see if that's possibly true, click on the Cell Styles "More" arrow and see if you have a gazillion styles showing. If that's true, you can remove unused styles by saving the workbook as a web page, closing, reopening, save as a normal workbook. "Chrystopher" wrote: > An Excel 2007 file (e.g. File.xlsx) loses its formatting when it is reopened. ...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

How can I automatically forward email to an external domain with exchange 2003?
Hello, I have a server running exchange 2003. Let's say that my domain name is "hjk.com" and I want that all emails that are send to example@hjk.com are forwarded to these 3 address: example2@externaldomain.com example3@anotherdomain.com example4@evenanotherdomainidontcontrol.com Is that possible? how can I do it? Thanks Patricia Print | Copy URL of this post Expand All Collapse All Hi Patricia, By default, automatic forwards to external domains are disabled. Go to Exchange system manager, Global Settings/Internet message formats. There, either enable th...

how do i use the R[]C[] notation in visual basic, for example to .
Trying to write a macro... want certain value to be assigned to cells on different rows according to a counter, so would be useful to use the R[]C[] notation to assign a value to a cell. I can use for example cell("D3").value = 5 But how would I write something like cell(R[3]C[4]).value = 5 The compiler rejects the example above... what is the right way of using the Row/Column notation in Visual Basic for Excel? You can use the Cells property: Cells(3, 4).Value = 10 pacheco wrote: > Trying to write a macro... want certain value to be assigned to cells on > diff...

Use this correction pack for MS Internet Explorer
--ecbijsmiffcrdj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fclwclut"; type="multipart/alternative" --fclwclut Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="isrqoatsqo" --isrqoatsqo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the...

Mailbox not created in Exchange when new Active Directory account created
Hello there, First off, I appologize if this question has been asked before. Prior to last week, whenever a new AD account was created along with a correpsonding Exchange mailbox, everything would work fine. However now things are not working normally and I am at a loss. Symptoms include: 1. When new AD account created, the email address and X.400 information is not pushed to the new account according to the Recipent Policy. 2. If we create the new AD account directly from the Exchange server console, the account inherits the recipient policy information however the new account never sho...

Open 2003 files with 2007
Hello all, I just upgraded my Office 2003 with Office 2007 on an EP Pro machine. The only snaffoo I find(so far..) is with Excel 2007. When I double-click on an Excel 2003 file, Excel 2007 starts up just fine, BUT my file is not displayed. At that point if I click the Restore button up at top-right, the file appears when Excel is restored up or down, then all is well. Anyone have any idea whats up with that and how to fix it??? Thanks John Lots of people have complained that when they doubleclick on a file in windows explorer, that the workbook doesn't seem to show up in xl20...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

best way to archive records?
I am creating a membership database for a church. Individual information is in three basic tables: tblFamily FamLastName (for entire family) Address tblIndividual FirstName MiddleName LastName (takes care of hyphenated married names, or different names for children, etc.) BirthDate MarriageDate tblMembership JoinDate JoinManner TerminationDate TerminationManner and more... Once a person leaves the membership of the church I need to "archive" the information. It needs to be kept for our permanent records. What is the best way to do this? My two thou...

Slow Performance in 2007
My big files are prohibitively slow in 2007, i'm thinking of going back to 03. Is it becuase these are converted 2003 files? if i rebuild them from scratch in 07 will the percformanc improve, or does this software really drag this badly. Any experiences would be appreciated. Michael ...

Excel (Office Home & Student 2007)
Question 1. Can I have an Excel Spreadsheet sort alphabetically? How? Question 2. Does anyone know where the updates are for Office? Thanks in advance. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5046 (20100421) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Please see "Sort" and "Updates" in Excel Help. Either press F1 or click on the little white and blue question mark in the upper right corner. David Dyke wrote: > Question 1. Can I have an Excel Spr...