way of thinking question.

Ok; each of our school have a computer lab with a lab manager. The lab
manager serves as the first point of contact for teachers with tech
problems. In one of the schools, there are two people job sharing the lab
manager role. Since the days are not set, lab manger A may work M/W/F one
week, and M/T/W another week. I realized that a teacher may not know who was
on duty on a particular day. The fix I came up with is to create a two
person distro group, and then have every message send to the lab managers
distro group would go to both, and then the person on duty can respond
accordingly. While this will work, I wonder if this was the best solution.
So, a quick question; is there a better way of doing this? -Drew

0
drewNO (17)

Drew:

That should work fine. Some other solutions are using a shared mailbox or a
Public Folder. But to keep it simple, your method should work fine. The only
downside is that both people will get the messages, which might be more of
an annoyance if anything. If they're on the same Exchange database, the
messages get stored only once anyway, so it would take up any extra
resources.

Regards,
Martin
MCSA: M

"Drew Halevy" <drewNO@SPAMbentonville.k12.ar.us> wrote in message
> Ok; each of our school have a computer lab with a lab manager. The lab
> manager serves as the first point of contact for teachers with tech
> problems. In one of the schools, there are two people job sharing the lab
> manager role. Since the days are not set, lab manger A may work M/W/F one
> week, and M/T/W another week. I realized that a teacher may not know who
> was on duty on a particular day. The fix I came up with is to create a two
> person distro group, and then have every message send to the lab managers
> distro group would go to both, and then the person on duty can respond
> accordingly. While this will work, I wonder if this was the best solution.
> So, a quick question; is there a better way of doing this? -Drew

0
MartinHTN

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Basic filter-like function/question.
As the easiest way to explain what I'm looking to do, I'll just give a example: Name | Pay Salary Albert | 50,000 Mike | 40,000 Phil | 55,000 Rachel | 45,000 I want to create a separate sheet that has only people who make 'x amount of dollars. So for example, sheet 2, people with pay between 40-50k: Name | Pay Salary Mike | 40,000 Rachel | 45,000 I know this must be a pretty basic thing, but I can't figure out how t do it. I want sheet 2 to have, by default, only the people w/ pay within certain range. I DON'T want sheet2 to hav...

Quick question 06-23-10
I am looking into getting Exchange 2010 for our company. We currently have a 3rd party host our email. our domain is currently 2003 32 bit. Will that be a problem for Exchange 2010? It doesn't matter that the domain controllers are Windows 2003, 32bit but you'll need to add 64bit hardware/OS for Exchange. "John" <John@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:uXzMC9uELHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am looking into getting Exchange 2010 for our company. We currently >have a 3rd party host our email. > our domain is currently 2003 32 bit....

stop auto fill from thinking for itself!!!!!!!
I have Office 2003. I figure an example will make things easier. I want B5 to =A5*A1, B6 to =A6*A1, B7 to =A7*A1, and so on. When I try to auto fill I can't keep the formula refering to cell A1. It automatically goes to A2 then A3, etc. How can I use the auto fill function to fill in a range of cells which all refer back to one common cell? Use $A$1 instead of A1. This creates an "absolute reference". If you wanted just the column to stay at A, you would use $A1. If you wanted just the row to stay at 1, you would use A$1. For your purposes: =A5*$A$1 can be copied d...

A way to create sub-categories?

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

Excel question #5
I would like to click on a cell in excel, and have that value automatically entered into another cell location. Does anyone know how to do this? For example, I have numbers in cells D16 through N18. I would like to click on D16, which contains the number 18, for example, and have that number 18 automatically show up in another cell, lets say C12. Is this possible Thank you. Tom Yes. This is done with a Worksheet_ SelectionChange macro. Post back with more specifics of what you want to do. HTH Otto "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735A...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

shortcut key question!
Can someone tell me what the shortcut key to paste values only? I thought it would be easy to find but it is proving to be elusive. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This site has a good list of shortcut key combos. However, I don't believe there is a paste value only short cut. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm You may want to try editing your toolbars and add a button for paste-special. Then all you would have to do is select values only and ok. >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me what the shortcut key to paste values only? &...

Ranking question
Hello - Each individual has many records that are ranked as follows: Jim 1 Jim 2 Jim 3 George 1 George 2 Bob 1 Bob 2 Bob 3 Bob 4 I need a list returned with each individual's highest ranking e.g. Jim 3 George 2 Bob 4 How do I get to this result? -- Sheldon Select FirstName, Rnk = Max([Rank]) From YourTable group by FirstName "Sheldon" <Sheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CF4060C-8E9B-40FF-...

Excel Colours
Hi all Each Excel workbook can hold a palette of 56 colours, why is it tha the colour picker tool on the Formatting toolbar will only show 4 colours (on a 5 x 8 grid)? Thanks for anyone supplying enlightenment! DJ -- DJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DJB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2122 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38983 I think it's the same reason hotdogs are sold in packages of 10, but hotdog buns come in packages of 8. Who knows why? But you could r...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Named Range Question
If naming a range, Excel 2003 and 2007, I usually clcik the Name box, type the name and press Enter. I then select the name from the Name box drop-down Someone just noticed that if you use GoTo to select the named range, after the first or second time in doing this, and absolute reference to a cell not within the named range is also present in the GoTo dialog box. I have never seen this before.Can some please explain why the reference to the unrelated cell. This is the "go back to cell" You are in B5 and use GoTo to move to cell named Total Now you move to H1 and call up Go...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

exchange spy question
I have an employee who I suspect is leaking information to their ex(possibly current) employer who is our direct competitor. Is there any way without accessing his/her mailbox that I can find out whether or not an email was sent to a particular email domain? If so, how would I retrieve that message in its entirety? Check ESM and track messages. or In a browser http://servername/exchange/username enterprise credentials Then you can see inside their mailbox, remember that wont show what they have already deleted. Journal everthing <avanwey@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:116287...

Group By
I have a view which uses group by - containing 2 aggragate functions, Sum() and Count(). What I want to do is include in my Select portion of my view , a column that I do not want to be included in the Group by. Is there a simple way to do this? Example: Select A.Field1,B.Field2,A.Field3,A.Field4,A.Field5,Sum(Field2),Count(*) From tablename A Left Outer Join Tablename2 B on B.Rec_ID = A.Rec_ID Group by A.Field1, B.Field2 A.Field3 A.Field4 (Note: In this case A.Field5 is EXCLUDED in the Group by) Your help is greatly appreciated. -Ray Field2 is in the ...

Is there a way
G'Day, Is there a way to turn off NDR's in Ex5.5 SP4 on an NT server running SP6a ? Also, can the ability for the server to receive TELNET connections be turned off? My server isn't an open relay, but, I know it's being used to SPAM using DNR's and I can see TELNET connections in the log files.... Thank You, Admin_In_Syd i know that u can turn off the ndrs to be sent from exchange at the standard poliy setting, thats how i configured it at exchange 2000 .... there must be also a setting at exch 5.5, actually i dont remeber it .... "Steve@Home" <sprob@...

way to verify time stamp?
Is there a way to verify when a forwarded message to you had originally been sent? I suspect someone is mis- representing themselves and simply typed new fields into the "original message" time and date. If not - is it possible (or at all likely) that someone sent me two emails days ago and they never bounced back and never made it to my inbox, while all other email functions appear completely normal?? Thanks! "Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27d701c49d00$dd3315d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to verify when a for...

VB6 Code 1/2 way finished......any suggestions
Have a issue with a VB6 program, had someone write some code, he got 1/2 way thru and decided to work on other projects and keeps putting us on the back burner, been waiting 4 months now, looking at what he has put together looks very nice, but is trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Bill On 4/1/2010 12:48 AM, David Kaye wrote: > "Bill"<got2believe@msn.com> wrote: > >> trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks > > If it'...

Schema validation question #2
Question to the Schema pro: If nillable="False" is default for Schema element, why schema validation of my XML doesn't fail if I don't provide any value for the tag? Thanks, Leonid. Leonid Shprekher wrote: > Question to the Schema pro: > > If nillable="False" is default for Schema element, why schema validation of > my XML doesn't fail if I don't provide any value for the tag? Apparently because empty value is valid value for your element. It's only xsi:nil="true" attribute who defines that element value is null, actua...

trying to figure out a two way lookup to determine a value
I have a large spreadsheet that lists numerous customers. Each custtomer has a code for the service that we provide them and then has a price negotiated at the time of service. We are have set up a price list that gives the service code, in a vertical column and then has a range of dollar values for each service code (about 20 separate codes) ranging from $0 to $75 broken up in 5 grade (E,D,C,B, A) categories. The pricing is different ranges for each service code. What I need to do is have each customer line, take their code, find a match in the Price LIst code, the take the price they are pa...