w3wp.exe

Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu
to 100%.
On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find
anything that gives a clue to the cause of this.  Any direction would be
helpful.

0
srollwest (2)

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:53:02 -0700, srollwest
<srollwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu
>to 100%.
>On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find
>anything that gives a clue to the cause of this.  Any direction would be
>helpful.

These are not always easy to troubleshoot, but to start:
Ensure you have applied all the latest Windows and Exchange SPs and
hotfixes and is there any AV on the server?

0
adavid (8731)
6/23/2005 2:05:34 PM
Exch is up to date as far as sp's patches fixes etc and we are running group
shield

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:53:02 -0700, srollwest
> <srollwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu
> >to 100%.
> >On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find
> >anything that gives a clue to the cause of this.  Any direction would be
> >helpful.
>
> These are not always easy to troubleshoot, but to start:
> Ensure you have applied all the latest Windows and Exchange SPs and
> hotfixes and is there any AV on the server?

0
srollwest (2)
6/23/2005 2:15:02 PM
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:15:02 -0700, srollwest
<srollwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Exch is up to date as far as sp's patches fixes etc and we are running group
>shield

Disable it and test.

>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:53:02 -0700, srollwest
>> <srollwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu
>> >to 100%.
>> >On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find
>> >anything that gives a clue to the cause of this.  Any direction would be
>> >helpful.
>>
>> These are not always easy to troubleshoot, but to start:
>> Ensure you have applied all the latest Windows and Exchange SPs and
>> hotfixes and is there any AV on the server?

0
adavid (8731)

Modeless Dialog from MFC Regular DLL opened from EXE problems
Hi, Resources for the MFC modeless dialog are in a Regular DLL with MFC statically linked, No message overrides are set with the dialog, it is a generic dialog with only the OK and Cancel buttons. I choose a MFC AppWizard(exe) Dialog based for the calling EXE and used Run-Time Dynamic Linking to the DLL. Tried a couple I different approaches base on what I found on the newsgroup and the usual help sites. I know that I need to keep the modeless dialog from going out of scope after it is created so this is what I tried two different methods so far but I still can't get the dialog to hang ar...

w3wp.exe Process memory keeps growing with custom integration
We are having an issue with a custom integration we have built for MSCRM. We are working on a scheduled DTS package which is required to migrate data from a legacy system into MSCRM. The data migration process runs on a nightly basis and required to update close to 40,000 records in MSCRM. We have built a DTS package(On the SQL SERVER) that gets the data from the legacy Oracle server and computes the records that need to be updated and then calls into a serviced component running in com+(On the SQL Server) passing in the records that need to be updated in the form of xml string. The servic...

Save as .exe file
I've developed a program using Microsoft Excel 2003 with Visual Basic Editor. How can I save the program as .exe file so that a user doesn't have to open Microsoft Excel and VBE to execute the program? Any ideas? Thank you soo much I don't think your problem is as complicated as it seems, but I can't tell. You need to better explain what this program is supposed to do, and what you expect the user to do to initiate the running of the program. rixanna wrote: > I've developed a program using Microsoft Excel 2003 with Visual Basic > Editor. > How can I save th...

w3wp.exe
Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu to 100%. On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find anything that gives a clue to the cause of this. Any direction would be helpful. On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:53:02 -0700, srollwest <srollwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Occaisionally we see that the w3wp.exe process on exchange maxes out the cpu >to 100%. >On the days theis happens nothing special is going on and I cannot find >anything that gives a clue to the cause of this. Any direction would be >hel...

Multiple iexplorer.exe on task manager
Everyone is having the same problem. We all download the same "virus", "spyware" etc... Maybe it is in the MS updates...hmm... I have the same problem and here is how it went. Multiple iexplorer.exe, close Iexplorer and 1 to 6 stay in task manager. Read post after post, ran virus scans after virus scans, ran spyware scans and more spyware scans. I gave up! Had a brand new hard drive that I have been wanting to put in my laptop so I decide to redo os on laptop. Loaded OS, Laptop Drivers, and MS updates and that is it, nothing eles. guess what?? as I'm typing...

error while running an exe file in another computer
hi guyss I am in a grt problem. when i use installshield to build the setup file of my project, i follow all the steps required properly. after that the setup file is also created but when i install it neither it comes in the "all program". also when i install it in any other computer not having vc++ after installation when i click the exe file to run it gives an error of a missing dll file like mfs42d.dll but i have included this dll file while making the setup. please help as soon as possible as i have to submit the project by a week. Thanksss "Sonu" <getsonu@gmai...

rundll32.exe
what exactly is the purpose of the program rundll32.exe on win2k I think that it can be used to call a function in a DLL from the command line. There are probably more uses to it though. <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:27b37821068580e4a2a472ce8b521625@news.scbiz.com... > what exactly is the purpose of the program rundll32.exe on > win2k > what exactly is the purpose of the program rundll32.exe on > win2k Provides a way for a dll to be stand-alone dll apps to programmer and user(only one file(prog.dll) must be move and not two files(startprog.exe and pro...

svhost.exe: A CRM-related File?
Hello all. McAfee VirusScan has suddenly notified me that it detected a "potentially unwanted file" on the machine that I am using to host an ActionPack version of Microsoft CRM. This is an SBS installation, with everything running on one test machine. Here is the warning from McAfee: ---------------- Potential Unwanted Program Detected! The file C:\WINNT\System32\svhost.exe is a Potentially Unwanted Program (ServU-Daemon) ---------------- When I try to move the file to the desktop, I am alerted that it is in use and cannot be moved (no surprise, huh?). The interesting thin...

How do I repair lsass.exe ?
In a nutshell, all my problems and error messages point to this item being corrupted. Is there a way of fixing it without having to download some mysterious scan-and-fix tool? (The net is littered with coaxes to do so!) If it means altering the registry, then I'm fine with that. I've edited it before without incident, and am very careful! Grateful for any tips! Thanks. You have scanned your PC for virus & mallaware? "James" <jamesp@nospam.net> wrote in message news:4b326028.3989203@news.btinternet.com... > In a nutshell, all my problems an...

resetting exe after debug lockup
If my app locks up during debug, I can't recompile the app because of link not being able to write the file. Is there a way to reset the executable file after a failed debug besides closing vs? (Developing native on xp/vs2003.) Thanks Scott guysmiley wrote: > If my app locks up during debug, I can't recompile the > app because of link not being able to write the file. > > Is there a way to reset the executable file after a > failed debug besides closing vs? (Developing native on > xp/vs2003.) > > Thanks > Scott > Use the Stop Debugging comman...

ActiveX EXE and a little more
The little more first. How/where do I access the newsgroup comp.lang.basic.visual.misc other than through a newsreader? Is there a Google access? ActiveX EXE. I have written an ActiveX EXE called AxUSB. The entry is through the class named Entry. I have successfully connected to it from my main app but now I need to figure out how to do what I really need with it. I have Subs and Functions access that work correctly. I need to access AxUSB from several forms and AxUSB does generate Events. If I use this following method it simplifies my development process but I do not ...

Call DLL from EXE
Maybe an obvious question but I have written a DLL C++ which contains a number of classes. How do include the DLL in a new project and call various classes/methods in my dll ? You would normally access the class in your DLL by using their header file in your exe code, and then link your project against the dlls .lib file. AliR. "Michael Tissington" <michael@nospam.newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:%23Apu7QGOJHA.1160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Maybe an obvious question but I have written a DLL C++ which contains a > number of classes. > > How do includ...

ufseagnt.exe
my computer has started acting screwy, i can't get on line using firefox for example, and when i go to shut down my computer the computer asks if i want to shut down "ufseagnt.exe" program. is this spyware/malware and what should i do. thanks, mike A search on google indiicates that it is a file associated with Trend Micro Security: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=ufseagnt.exe&meta= Perhaps reinstalling Trend may fix your problem. Hope this helps a little. Brian. "mikalle" <mikalle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Kill processes of winword.exe
Hi together, I am using winword.exe via COM for some automation. After finishing work there is still a winword.exe process in the task manager although I think I did a correct ReleaseDispatch(). How can I kill this process? Thank you for tips, Bernd -- BM Computer-Services, Bergmannstr. 66, 10961 Berlin Webdesign, Internet, Layout und Grafik Tel.: 030/20649400, mobil 0175/7419517, Fax: 030/20649401 Web: http://www.bmservices.de, eMail: kontakt@bmservices.de I remember that there was a bug in the OLE automation that caused this problem, but it has been many years since I knew this; I hope ...

w3wp.exe filling up Windows\Temp
Hello. I'm using Exchange 2003 with Server Active Sync for our Windows Mobile Users. Everytime a user syncs with ActiveSync, The w3wp.exe process creates around 15-20 .tmp files in the Windows\Temp folder. The server went down a couple of weeks ago, and after investigating - it turns out there were over 65000 small tmp files in Windows\Temp. I managed to delete these files, and the server started to work again. I used FileMon to monitor a regular sync, and i turns out that the w3wp.exe was impersonating the "syncing user", so it couldnt delete the files after a completed s...

Hanging Application Dynamics.exe, Faulty Bucket
Our GP9 application froze and we had to restart the server, upon checking the event log, there is event 1002 which reads " Hanging Application Dynamics.exe, version 9.0.73.0 hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000" It also throws event 1001 "application hang" and the description is " faulty bucket 235587366" Please assist, this happens randomly and Great Plains freezes. ...

w3wp.exe errors
I have a client that is getting w3wp.exe application errors every morning, and I am not sure if it is related to CRM or other related c360 products or not. They are running a batch file early each morning to do an iisreset due to other iis problems they were experiencing. When they come into work in the morning, there is the w3wp.exe application error on the server monitor. Clicking through this error pops up 2 more of the same. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, -Rick M. Rick - have you applied Rollup Patch 1 on your client's server? I know there was a fix for this some tim...

Different Icon in Main window and Exe
Hello everyone, I am facing a strange problem please help me. In an application created using VC 6.0 I have created a icon for main window(with both sizes 32x32 and 16x16. But when I run it it shows a different icon in main window's title bar. But When I see the exe file in windows explorer I found the icon I created. This has worked properly earlier. Even in about dialog box it shows the correct icon. And it is also working in other two applications. What may be the problem? Please help me. With regards, Sunil I had a similar problem, but only with an SDI-App that didn't use ...

w3wp out of memory during callout
Hi, I have a big callout that creates new entities among other things. The problem is that when the callout is triggered, the w3wp process mem usage does nothing but to increase. If the callout is called repeatedly (it may be called a few thousand times in a row), it takes like an hour to reach more than 2 or 3 gigas, and some more time to crash the server. Anyone knows why this happens? Callouts are not ended correcctly? Garbage collector not doing its job for some reason? And how to fix this? Thanks in advance, -- Nicolas Pagès Hi Nicolas, By any chance are you creating XmlS...

rundll32.exe error
When trying to use mail setup for Outlook 2003 the program is hanging. Any option I select I get a not responding message. Then a rundll32.exe error message upon closing the window. Error Sig looks like this szAppName: rundll32.exe szAppVer: 5.1.2600.0 szModName: hungapp szModver: 0.0.0.0 offset: 00000000 Has anyone else seen this error? Or have any insight on how to go about correcting it. This is a new computer on a fresh install. Hi -- Yep -- this is an upgrade ..... I'm on hold with Microsoft now. Will let you know what I find out.... Me >-----Original Message-...

w3wp.exe CPU utilization
After starting wokflows on my CRM 4 system, the w3wp.exe blocks the CPU. The system is a Windows 2003 SP2. Is there a hotfix I shoud know? thx When you first call a .Net web application. The application is compiled by the framework, this is what is causing the high CPU usage. Depending on resources this should take a few minutes at most. If this takes a lot more time and/or also happens on subsequent requests there may be something else. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx &quo...

w3wp.exe (ASP .Net) eating memory
Hello, i'm on a VPS with Windows 2003 x64 (IIS 6.0 so) and i have a serious problem with w3wp.exe. It starts from 60 Mb and then grows until the whole avaiable RAM is used. http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4120/w3wpgraph.png Here's an example image showing w3wp.exe private bytes and Gen 0 Heap size. They seems related, but if I use ".NET CLR Memory/# Bytes in all Heaps " it is much lower than private bytes. Can we still say that is an ASP .Net problem? Moreover analyzing a crash dump the heap size i obtain is smaller, 200 Mb while the crash dump was 700 mb and ...

OUTLOOK.exe not activating
Outlook 2000 -email not functioning after uninstalling earthlink program. After reloading Outlook received message: OUTLOOK.LIB.DLL is linked to missing MSO9.DLL.939. Solution? OL2000: Error Message: The Outllib.dll File is Linked to Missing Export Mso9.dll:939 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269055&Product=out2K How come it can take me less than a minute to find this stuff on the Microsoft Support site but you can't? http://support.microsoft.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the S...

Messages in Inbox gone after running scanpst.exe
I had 233 messages in my inbox but, as of yesterday, was unable to view them. I ran scanpst.exe and it created a new file, outlook.bak but deleted all the messages in my inbox, now created in "Recovered Personal Folders". I searched folders in Outlook but am unable to find the messages. My inbox just shows the 3 messages that arrived today. Does anyone know how I might recover those messages? Do you have any backup? Otherwise, keep hold on that outlook.bak file! If scanpst.exe cannot fix it, you might have more luck with a commercial recovery tool; Create a copy of the out...

why w3wp.exe takes a lot of CPU on Exchange 2003 server?
Dear All, I have an installation of Exchange 2003 Server on Win 2003 Server Standard Ed. Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5 is also installed. On this server I have w3wp.exe taking 98% of CPU for long time. And the Server is running above its physical memory, so opening of any application (even opening of the event log) takes very long. I don't see any specific problems reported in the application event. I don't know what initiates this problem. Can something be done to configure or change such behavior of w3wp.exe? Any advice is highly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Radost...