VPN and Public folders access

Hi all

I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing group,
two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5 server.
All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all connected
by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when a
user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to
connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to there
network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there
username password, this mail server is in another domain, so this is probaly
why they get propted for credentials. How can i fix this issue ? i am
assuming thta this is probaly an internal exchange routing problem.

Many thanks
)
0
Skip1 (502)

VPN access to a network should be the same as plugging into the network.

So, what do you have in your network that is blocking the VPN clients?

"skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing
> group,
> two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5
> server.
> All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all
> connected
> by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when
> user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to
> connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to
> there
> network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there
> username password, this mail server is in another domain, so this is
> probaly
> why they get propted for credentials. How can i fix this issue ? i am
> assuming thta this is probaly an internal exchange routing problem.
>
> Many thanks
> )

0
ewoodrick (190)
5/24/2005 9:46:32 PM
nothing is blocking the VPN client, they are jsut getting refered to a mail
server that is not there home server for public folders, and when it tries to
connect to this other server, they client gets propted for there credntials
evan after succesfully launching outlook. The client want to connect the pub
folders to a server other than therer home server.

Skip

"Ed Woodrick" wrote:

> VPN access to a network should be the same as plugging into the network.
>
> So, what do you have in your network that is blocking the VPN clients?
>

> "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing
> > group,
> > two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5
> > server.
> > All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all
> > connected
> > by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when
> > user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to
> > connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to
> > there
> > network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there
> > username password, this mail server is in another domain, so this is
> > probaly
> > why they get propted for credentials. How can i fix this issue ? i am
> > assuming thta this is probaly an internal exchange routing problem.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > )

0
Skip1 (502)

exporting xml from access 2000 query
Hi Im trying to convert an access 2000 query to xml with this vba code Attribute value VB_Name = "XML" Option Compare Database Option Explicit Sub QFN(MyQName As String, WithFormats As Byte) Dim MyDb As Database, TDefLoop As QueryDef, MySet As Recordset, MyFormat() As String Dim FNames() As String, n As Integer, MyF As Field, Tt As String, NumF As Integer Set MyDb = CurrentDb() For Each TDefLoop In MyDb.QueryDefs If TDefLoop.Name = MyQName Then Debug.Print "List of fields in '" & UCase(TDefLoop.Name) & "'" NumF = TDef...

SP2 "Manage Settings" for Public Folders
I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in Exchange System Manger. Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution? Khan On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:34:04 -0400, "Khan Hollis" <kvhollis@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just ran into an issue where the "Manage Settings" was unavailable in >Exchange System Manger. > >Has anyone else ran into that problem and found a resolution? > > >Khan > Its only avail for child folders. "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com>...

Am I running out of Exchange folder storage?
Win 2003 - Exchange Standard 2003 Please tell me if I am running out of alloted storage on both Public folder and mailbox folder. Do I need to move up to Enterprise Exchange to avoid 16GB limit in total folder storage? Thanks a million! Bill ------------ Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1221 Date: 9/15/2005 Time: 4:17:19 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGESERVER Description: The database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (EXCHANGESERVER)" has 5 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has termin...

Putting Database on Server so other Employees can access it
I just put a database I created on our server. The other 2 people who will be using it arent able to open it up though. Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to fix this so they can use it? Thanks for your help!!! 1. All users of the database must have at least read, write, create, delete (or modify) privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the database .mdb file, but the entire folder. 2. Open the database and go to Tools, Options, and Advanced Tab. Set the Default Open mode to Shared and the Default Record Locking to Edited Record. (...

How to Setup Folder for SPAM
I would like to setup an Outlook folder to automatically put any email wth "**SPAM" in the subject, into a SPAM folder. How do I setup such a folder? -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com >I would like to setup an Outlook folder to automatically put any email wth >"**SPAM" in the subject, into a SPAM folder. How do I setup such a folder? You can create a new folder with File/New/Folder. Folder should contain mail items. Call it "Spam". Then in "Tools/Rules Wizard" create a new rule. Mail should be checked when it arrives. The Condition woul...

Public folder permissions for OWA
Hi. I recently migrated from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003. We are starting to use OWA a lot more in our organization. The question I have is can I set permissions on public folders for OWA? There is a group of users that I do not want to have any access to public folders, but it would be great if they could use OWA for e-mail only. I have tried setting the permissions on the public folders through Outlook and through System Manager, but with no luck. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Thanks, Jim Put all users except those users in a security group and grant folder permissions only to th...

OLEDB connection from Access to RMS
I am well-versed in the design and development of database applications, and want to connect to the RMS store operations database via MS Access. I need help configuring the OLEDB settings in Access to connect to the RMS store operations database. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me the settings that need to be selected to make the connection. -- FRB hi FRB, here are the settings: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=sa;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=RMSSample;Data Source=RMSServer the Catalog is your database name and Data Source is Name of RMS Server. Ra...

Outlook '03 crashes when accessing delegate mailbox
Hello all, We have a group of people using Office 2003 w/SP1 against Exchange 2000. The secretaries have editor permissions on their boss's calendars and mailboxes. This all worked great back when we were using Outlook 2002. The problem didn't change when Office SP 1 was installed. Now at times the secretaries get errors when trying to access calendars (unable to open folder) and on one of them as soon as she clicks the boss's mailbox Outlook crashes. The secretaries' machines are set to open the additional mailboxes on login. Oh, one more thing: the Exchange server is adminis...

Switching Folders in Outlook
I have many different folders in my Outlook in order to sort my emails. I have noticed over the past month that switching from my main InBox to another folder takes a long period of time. I used to be able to switch folder instantly and now it takes upwards of 35 sec before the folder shows. Anybody else encounter this issue and is there a fix? Anyone else? Hundreds as a quick web search would have shown - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/outlook/archive/2010/12/17/issues-with-the-recent-update-for-outlook-2007.aspx -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><&...

Attaching Documents in an access database (table/form)
Is it possible to include an active link to stored documents on a network through acces? For example, I have created an access database (a table, form and report) to track open projects and each project will have a project plan and specification documents and I was hoping to be able to provide users a one click link to this document. So when they are adding a project they can attach the document, and when others need to view the document they can just look at the item for a link. Not sure if it works this way (like in excel you can hyperlink to a document in a cell). Thanks in advance ...

Outlook 2003 over VPN #3
Here is our setup: Windows XP / 2000 Pro Users with Outlook 2003 Remote Connection: Microsoft builtin PPTP VPN w/ Broadband Connection Corporate Env: Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Server. Problem: Many users complain that their Outlook does not work after connecting over VPN. Offline is opening fine. Outlook just hangs and becomes unresponsive. Tried all tricks - recreating profile, repairing, reinstalling etc. Also when tested using Dialup connection - Outlook Opens fine. Checked all settings and all looks okay. VPN connecting alright and client able to ping Exchange serv...

Can't get rid of "Microsoft User Data" folder in Documents Folder
I've tried to move and delete the Microsoft User Data folder which appears in my main Documents Folder. Every time I use Office VX, it reapears. Changing the name of the Documents folder didn't work, Office VX just created a new one Does anyone know how to move it to another location? Very grateful for any suggestions Thanks Paul On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:36:29 -0600, Paul Sweeney wrote (in article <ef3e5d49.0411231636.74f3ad9c@posting.google.com>): > I've tried to move and delete the Microsoft User Data folder which > appears in my main Documents Folder. Every time ...

Remote Office VPN Internet Access
Hi Have Remote Office (RO) PCs connected to Main Office (MO) (SBS 2003) via h/w router Site to Site VPN, on ADSL. Is it possible to route Internet traffic via the local router rather than using the SBS 2003 box for DNS. Objective is to reduce data traffic on the VPN. I am going to add 2nd ADSL line to split off and soley route the VoIP traffic usinng a static route. Or alternatively use a router with VPN trunking with QoS. However, if Internet traffic was kept 'local', the VPN would have more bandwidth for VoIP/files. -- Many Thanks Drew In article <6...

how do I create supervisor hierarchy with the access table
I am trying to create a supervisor roll up table with the employee data information. My table currently has employee id, employee name, supervisor id and supervisor name. I am trying to create an organizational roll up up to 4 levels. E.g. Employee John Doe is reporting to Jim Smith who reports to Steve Williams who reports to Jack Martin. I am trying to create a table such as below through a query and not having much success. Any help will be much appreciated. Employee Name Supervior 1 Supervisor 2 Supervisor 3 John Doe Jim Smith St...

User Cant Create Items in Public Calendar
Hi, We are running Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server Edition with Exchange 2003 version. One of my user cant create entries in Public Calendar folder. How can I fix it? Please help. Thanks, Rana Have the user right click the pf, properties, go to summary tab, what is the permissions that the user has? James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 14, 12:58 pm, "ITPro07" <akun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Windows Server 2003 Small Business Server Edition with > Exchange 2003 version. One of my...

Cannot Rebuild Public Folders
We had a recent meltdown with our Exchange Server and found out later that the people who originally set up the server and the tape backup hadn't invested in the proper add-on for the backup software that would have backed up the Exchange system. Neither the private or the public stores would mount, even after repairing the stores. Well, we've already accepted the loss of the existing data and we were able to create a Second Storage Group and recreate the user mailboxes in it. Everything is working great with the mailboxes again. Our only issue now is the Public Folder store. Tryi...

"The mail proxy for this folder can not be found"
Hi, When I go to mail enable a public folder on Exchange 2003 it appears successful until I try to enter the properties for the folder and I get the following error: Exchange System Manager: The mail proxy for this folder can not be found. This may be due to replication delays. The mail enabled pages will not be shown. ID no: c1038a21 Exchange System Manager and in the event log I get: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9543 Date: 05/10/2005 Time: 14:36:11 User: N/A Computer: MAILSERVER Description: Unable to create Public Folder proxy obje...

VPN to recognize dongle
Hi Documentation 835953 says that Store Operations and QuickSell 2000 ar not compatible with WAN, VPN, Windows Terminal Services, or Citri environments. We were able to do some workaround for Windows Termina Services for the system to recognize the dongle. However, we'r wondering if anybody has a workaround for VPN connectivity t recognize the dongle Any help is appreciated. Thanks Rizza, Setup RMS as you normally would pointing the pos machine to the server as if it were a LAN. Setup up your VPN and connect, once connected open POS it will recognize the dongle. If you leave the PO...

After Office 2003 SP1 outlook cannot access public folders
After installing Office 2003 SP1, Outlook is unable to access public folders on an exchange 2000 server. The user's own mailbox is accessable on the same server. Anyone else having this problem? any suggestions? -DDixon ...

Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)
Hi Can someone help me with this "Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)" message and then a Doctor Watson error log? Excel (or my computer) seems to cause this at random times. Most recently with excel closing through a VBA command from access. I'd love to supply more information to someone who might know about this confounded error. Thanks! ...

OWA drafts folder
One user on our network is unable to view files in the drafts folder while in OWA. The folder shows how many files exist in the folder but when selecting the folder there is nothing there. If viewing the folder through Outlook the files are viewable...ANY IDEAS?? ...

Changing Display Name of Public Folder
Hello, I have a mail-enabled public folder that we use to accept support requests (a la support@mycompany.com) When a user sends an e-mail to this address, the public folder is set up through Folder Assistant to automatically reply with an acknowledgment e-mail. The display name (that is, the name that shows up to the user in their e-mail program) is the name of the public folder. How do I change that without changing the name of the public folder? (For example, the e-mail shows up from "support" instead of "My Company's Customer Support") Thanks, Jeff Try chan...

Laptop VPN User
I've been having troubles with one of our laptop clients. After putting CRM into online mode after some time it disconnects and presents below error messages: An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? -or- An unknown error as occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator When CRM functionality is lost all other SBS functionality and connectivity continues to to work (including exchange...

Outlook 2000 + IMAP folders + Download all mail content
Greetings all. I need Outlook 2000 clients (configured for IMAP) to be able to download the full mail content of the IMAP inbox, so that all content is available in offline mode. I have tested and verified this works like a charm with Outlook 2003, because there is an Option at "Extras", ~"Delivery Properties, ~"Define Delivery Groups" (sorry, this is only a translation of the menu points from the german version of Outlook 2003), where it's possible to set folder properties so to download all mail content instead of the mail headers only. However, with...

public folder replication problem #7
Hi, in exchange 2003 sp2 I have three exchange servers - this refers to one back-end server not clustered and another one I have just slustered a/p(two)nodes. I have added a replica to a public folder and although the folder appeared under the public folder instances on the new server the size is 0 and remains 0 after hours with replaication running always and replication interval for always setup for 15 mins. I did a search and seen article s to check for RUS & proxyAddresses problems. I noticed the following in the exchange tracking centre thinking that replication is done by s...