Volume logging to user

Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in
an exchange organization?

On Apr 28, 2:52 pm, talkinggoat <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in
> an exchange organization?

I found a way to accomplish my goal by opening the performance log
file in Excel. It isn't EXACTLY what I wanted, but it will work. I was
looking for something that could display graphs and separate the
emails according to volume, that way I would have an easier time
sorting out and blocking spammers. If anyone has any suggestions,
please post.

Logs?
Hello, Exchange 2003 running atop W2k Serv. I've got 18 gig of log files...? I'm thinking I setup something incorrectly. Isn't there some way this is supposed to be pruning these? Any help is greatly appreciated...we're nearing capacity! On Mon, 16 May 2005 15:50:35 -0400, "Somedude" <cbell5724@[nospam]wideopenwest.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Exchange 2003 running atop W2k Serv. I've got 18 gig of log files...? I'm >thinking I setup something incorrectly. Isn't there some way this is >supposed to be pruning these? > >Any h...

Viewing log of mail passing through smtp routing connector in Exchange 2003
Hi , Sorry if this all very basic but have just converted from Groupwise over to Exchange and am looking to monitor / track mail passing through the smtp routing connector going externally . We would be looking for sender /recipients/time/subject etc . Have message tracking turned on with the subject logging enabled as well but the log is virtually unreadable , is that as good as it gets ? Thanks in advance for any help .... Rich If you try and simply open the message tracking log, then yes, it is hard to read :-) Exchange has a Message Tracking Center that will help you track messages....

Give external user access to Calendar and Contacts?
I have a user who is on an exchange 2003 server. They want to move to another exchange 2003 server. There is no trusts between the two and probably never will be. They want to give access to someone on the other exchange server than the one they are on to contacts and calendar. Is there a way to do this? Not practically. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23x%231UgHRGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have a user who is on an exchange 2003 server. T...

Convert Weekly Volumes to Monthly Volumes
I have a column with Week numbers on it (1,2,3...52). I have another column with Volumes (2432,4543...etc.). I would like to convert this weekly volume summary to a monthly volume summary. So I will have a column with Months on it (Jan, Feb, Mar... Dec) and another column with Monthly Volumes (10543, 13434,...) which is the sum of all the relevant weekly volumes (i.e. Weeks 1 to 4.33 in Jan etc. I know that the detailed method would be convert weekly volume to a daily volume in a column. So January will be the sum of Weeks 1, 2 and 3, then for the fourth week, add volumes for first 3...

security event logs do not log all failures from OWA ? ?
Hello there I noticed that if a user do not enter the username in the domain\username in the username field from OWA then exchange checks if the user exists on the default domain and then if it doesn't then it doesn't log the failure login in the security event log. I am kind of worried since, somebody can just try a DoS attack and the logs wouldn't point to it !!! Thanks I meant : > I noticed that if a user do not enter the username in the format > domain\username in "Simo Sentissi" <msentissi@rightnow.com> wrote in message news:e6Fw69mYGHA.3848@...

Exchange 2003 user rights error
Hi folks, I'm having trouble with one users maildelivery. Here are the facts: We are running Exchange 2003 (on Windows Server 2003) and a Windows 2000 Domain Controller. Now, one of the users tried to send mail to a specific recipient. He gets a reply mail from the server, that he has no permission to send mail to this user, but he can send to any other user; no matter if internally or externally. The reply message is 100% sent by our own Exchange, because the mail does not appear in the internet gateways logfile (all others do). I checked all Active Directory and Exchange filter lists ...

Daily message volume
I might be missing something obvious, but is there a way to find out daily message volume (number of messages sent and received by a server) from the ESM If not what is a method to determine these figures Thanks in advance. PDX, There is not a way built into ESM to gather the requested data. You might want to visit the web site www.slipstick.com and check in the Content Control section for utilities that might be something you are looking for. You may also want to check out www.msexchange.org as they may have other applications to review. Hope this helps. -- JamesA@online.microsoft...

Log Warning: NSPI Proxy 9040
Just wondering if anyone has come across this before. Running Exchange/Server 2003, OWA on a FE server rpc/https. The both DC's are up and I keep getting this a few hundred times a day. Bounced the DC's and Exchange server. Haven't been able to find anything else on it. Source: MSExchangeSA Category: NSPI Proxy Event: 9040 Description: NSPI Proxy encountered an error while receiving a packet. The target Domain Controller or the network or a client might be down. The winsock subsystem returned the error:[0x2746]. The circuit that received this error is being closed. ...

Create custom dialog box for users #2
How do I create a custom dialog box in the OnSave event of an entity that will prompt the user to choose Yes or No to a question? I have tried using Alert() function but I can't change the standard OK/Cancel. Thank you. Appreciate any immediate assistance. Hi Bernardina. Can you try with confirn?... See this page http://www.tizag.com/javascriptT/javascriptconfirm.php "Bernardina" wrote: > How do I create a custom dialog box in the OnSave event of an entity that > will prompt the user to choose Yes or No to a question? I have tried using > Alert() function but ...

Basic volumes and dynamic volumes
Hi everyone, What are the advantages (or disadvantages) of creating Dynamic volumes instead of Basic volumes? Thanks for all answers! John You can find tons of information by either going to www.microsoft.com or www.google.com and searching for "dynamic volumes" Basically you can add drives to a dynamic volume to increase the total storage. You cannot add drives to basic volumes. On 2010-08-06 06:38, Turtle wrote: > Hi everyone, > > What are the advantages (or disadvantages) of creating > > Dynamic volumes > > instead of Basic v...

mailbox for logging?
Is is possible to create a user/mailbox that receives a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail so it can be used as a log of mail activity? Yes, the feature's called journaling. It can be enabled per-mailbox Store in Exchange Server 2003, so the journaling mailbox (to which you send a copy to) will need to be on another mailbox Store, one that resides on a volume with *plenty* of storage. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "cw1972" <cw1972@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

1 computer, 2 users, 1 Outlook???
My wife and I have just bought our first home computer. HP Pavillion with Windows XP and MS Office Basic. We both use MS Outlook at work and have for the last 5 + years. Because we both have VERY different likes and dislikes as to how our desktop looks, mouse operates, programs appear, etc. I have set up two users on the system. Is it possible for Outlook to synchronize all of it's information between the two users? For example, currently whoever is the logged on user receives the email in their version of Outlook and then when a new user logs on that information is not available. W...

User Cannot Reply to E-mails
E2K3 SP2 on W2K3 SP1 This only happens with this one user, it happens in OWA and with Outlook. It is not client based. When user replies to or forwards any e-mail, the users name appears in the From field and then gets the message "You do not have the permissions to send...specified user" when hitting Send. If the user deletes the From field before hitting Send, the e-mail is sent. When the user creates a new e-mail message, the From field is blank and the user may send the message. I'm guessing (and I'm going to verify later by doing this in my lab), that if I do an is...

Unable to add users
Following the instructions on adding a new user, when I get to the Welcome to the user manager dialog box, there is no server listed. I cannot add any users - I have been able to add business types etc but no users. When I attempt to add a user via the web, I get An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator Any idea how to add users? -- Corey R. Bryant http://www.coreybryant.org | http://www.loudcommerce.com Hi Corey: Nice error message eh?? :) On the server you can access MSCRM via the browser? How do you access it, http://ipaddress or http://ser...

Wait for finishing a logout script before logging out / shutting down
Hi, From win7pro I need to run a 3rd party file synch application (mysynch.exe) from a vbs script invoked from a domain GPO's User Logoff Script folder. Is the user has selected Shut Down instead of Log Off, the script would actually run when windows has started the process of shutting down. Hence I wonder how to call mysynch.exe from my vbs script ensuring that windows waits until this process has finished before continuing the shutdown process (i.e. which parameters to set, and other possible issues in this situation) I crosspost to vista.general to have possible c...

Need to remove "Just a link" from the New User discussion group
It is definitely NOT related to Excel!! Sorry Carole, that doesn't come as a surprise. Regards Trevor "Carole O" <CaroleO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9057332C-BC70-46FA-8EDC-B1ABD4DB53C9@microsoft.com... > It is definitely NOT related to Excel!! In Outlook Express 6, press Delete or Ctrl + D -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Carole O" <CaroleO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9057332C-BC70-46FA-8EDC-B1ABD4DB53C9@microsoft.com... > It is definitely ...

Printing Users Limits
How can I get a printout of all my Exchange 5.5 users with their ISSUE WARNING, PROHIBIT SEND, and PROHIBIT SEND AND RECEIVE limits? We are an NT environment, not active directory. Thanks. R Anyone? >-----Original Message----- >How can I get a printout of all my Exchange 5.5 users with >their ISSUE WARNING, PROHIBIT SEND, and PROHIBIT SEND AND >RECEIVE limits? We are an NT environment, not active >directory. Thanks. > >R >. > Look for headers.exe and create a header file with the appropriate fields in it and then export. <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Log file is 13 gigs
My log files for the SQL that comes with Headquarters\RMS is now up to 13 gigs in the log file directory. How do I change this size or even stop it? What happens if I deleted that log file? Wow, that is huge. The log file should be cleared when you run backups. I spend most of my time in SQL using the server tools--enterprise manager. If you have access to enterprise manager, backup both the database and transaction log and shrink the database. The log file should return to the KB range. You can also take the database offline with a detach database command. Offline, delete the ld...

Deleted user sending mail
I am running Exchange 2000 in a W2K environment. We have Symantec Enterprise Virus Protection and Symantec Anti Virus Client on all nodes. The situation is that we are receiving email from a user that has been deleted for one year now. All Anti Virus updates are applied to Servers and Clients. This does not seem to be unique to us either. I have called some other collegues that are experiancing a similar problem, any useful information would be greatly appreciated. ...

This outlook user
He is a VPN user and his Outlook keeps poping up for USer and Password domain screen. His user is not loked and in this state and he cannot even access his mailbox via OWA. help me this is boss ... it givning me hard time. tnx Check local machine DNS and WINS resolution. "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E8075AB-434C-4A7E-BBF9-C602E53D830A@microsoft.com... > He is a VPN user and his Outlook keeps poping up for USer and Password > domain > screen. His user is not loked and in this state and he cannot even access >...

Exchange user account access question. . .
First, I am not an IT professional so be gentle. I am trying to ascertain the plausibility of an explanation provided by one of our 2 IT professionals on how a "glitch" in the exchange server allowed one of them to access and use another employee's email account (totally unbeknownst to the IT person doing the accessing while they were doing it) while supposedly having logged on to their own account under their own user ID and password (exchange was accessed over the internet [IE] vs. from the network in the office). Is this a plausible explanation or is it more likely that the ...

Another user using Microsoft Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi I've just installed a new copy of Office 2008 for Mac. When running up it tells me that another person is using this software and that I have exceeded the number of valid users. This only occurs when I'm on our office network. There is infact another person in our office using the same software but this was bought some time ago and has a completely different product ID number (well the last 5 digits are different - rest the same??). He has the same problem if I start up my software first and then he tries to ...

Logging Off Mistake
When I was logging off my e mail instead of clicking on exti I clicked on "exit & log off identity". Is there anyway to retrive my identity? When you open outlook again your profile and e-mail isn't there anymore? Thanks "pjmessaros@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a0d01c3cfac$87330c20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I was logging off my e mail instead of clicking on > exti I clicked on "exit & log off identity". Is there > anyway to retrive my identity? Sounds like you're using Outlook Exp...

Add new user on crm
When I Try to add a new user I got this error any help thanks [COMException (0x80041d2a)] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.Create(CUserAuth& Caller, String User) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.SystemUser.InternalCreate(String xml) +26 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.SystemUser.InternalCreateAndRetrieve(String xml, String columnSet) +9 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.CreateAndRetrieve(String columnSet) +131 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId eventId) +286 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Ini...

Prompt to Ask If User Wants to Create a Duplicate Record
For example, let's say there's already a record for Mary Shelly, and I have a new Mary Shelly that I'm trying to add to my database. Can I make it so that Access will prompt me and say "There is already a record matching this description. Do you wish to continue?" Hi Dove, I'm assuming first and last name are in the same field. Create a button or Label and add this code to the On Click event but make the following changes to the code: NAMEFIELD= The name of the field where the name is kept on the form TABLEWITHUSERNAMES = The name of the table where the username i...