VM size for store.exe

Hi!

I just installed a exchange cluster, and i'm wondering if i've done
anything wrong in my setup.
The store.exe is using 38MB Phys. mem, but it's VM size is 1,2GB.
Is this normal? (in all my other non-cluster exchange servers the
memory allocation is opposite, low on the VM, but high on the physical)
The mad.exe and mssearch.exe have got an VM size of around 500MB.

There are currently only one mailbox on this server....

Win2003 R2, with Exchange 2003 SP2

0
viddal (1)

Download and run MS Exchange Best Practices Analyzer. This will help make
sure everything is OK with your server.

Nue
<viddal@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I just installed a exchange cluster, and i'm wondering if i've done
> anything wrong in my setup.
> The store.exe is using 38MB Phys. mem, but it's VM size is 1,2GB.
> Is this normal? (in all my other non-cluster exchange servers the
> memory allocation is opposite, low on the VM, but high on the physical)
> The mad.exe and mssearch.exe have got an VM size of around 500MB.
>
> There are currently only one mailbox on this server....
>
> Win2003 R2, with Exchange 2003 SP2

0
imaneophyte (3005)
2/27/2006 6:17:26 PM
On 27 Feb 2006 10:03:56 -0800, viddal@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I just installed a exchange cluster, and i'm wondering if i've done
>anything wrong in my setup.
>The store.exe is using 38MB Phys. mem, but it's VM size is 1,2GB.
>Is this normal? (in all my other non-cluster exchange servers the
>memory allocation is opposite, low on the VM, but high on the physical)
>The mad.exe and mssearch.exe have got an VM size of around 500MB.
>
>There are currently only one mailbox on this server....
>
>Win2003 R2, with Exchange 2003 SP2

And how long have those other servers been up and running compared to
this new server? the store will expand and use RAM as its needed.

0
adavid (8731)

shutdown vm
Hi CoreConfigurator 2 has a function to stop a virtual machine: function StopVM($object) { $StopVM = Get-WmiObject -Namespace "root\virtualization" -Query "Select * From Msvm_ComputerSystem Where ElementName='$object'" $StopVM.requeststatechange(3) $frmHyperV.Cursor = [System.Windows.Forms.Cursors]::WaitCursor Start-Sleep -s 5 RefreshVM $frmHyperV.Cursor = [System.Windows.Forms.Cursors]::Default #Output to Logfile $Logdate + " Command Executed: Virtual Machine " + $object + " Stopped" | Out-File -...

Price/PriceA/PriceB/PriceC/COST for regions and stores
In HQ under the Item Store Quantity should be the local (store) price and cost from the stores. You should then be able to update this Value and it creates an worksheet to update the values. Also the Worksheets should base in HQ a line per store/regeon then per item and use the cost from the actual store to compare to rather than HQ values as they are incorrect or inaccurate. -- Regards, Ivan Brebner Premium Retail Solutions ...

default page size
Hi all, Is there a way to set the default page size to A4? Each time I create a new workbook, it defaults to Letter, which is not a paper size we use here... Any help would be great. Thanks, Dave ...

Store Operations - Reports
I run this report in Store Operations Manager and selected to Show Column 'Profit Margin' and saved as a memorized report. Tried to run the report and although profit margin column appears alright, the Overall Profit Margin does not look correct. I opened the underlying file 'Sales - Detailed Sales Report.qrp' and discovered the following definition for the column with fieldname 'ProfitMargin' GroupMethod = groupmethodAverage I think that getting the Average of the individual items Profit Margin to arrive at the overall Profit Margin for the selected rep...

VM monitoring in Sytem Manager shows possible problem
OK, I have a tough one here. I hope someone can lend a hand on this. Exchange 2003 SP1 running on Server 2003 SP1. The server is a DC with GC. (I know it shouldn't be) GFI Mail Security 8.1, GFI Mail Essentials 11and Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 are also on the box. The server is dual 3GHZ Xeon, 4GB memory. I have monitoring turned on in Exchange System Manager (ESM) to notify me when there is a problem with Exchange. I notice that after a reboot, the free virtual memory reported by ESM is 35%. This number slowly, but steadily, decreases. Over the course of 10 days, the VM has dropped t...

Text Size
Is there any way to change text size from within Money 2004? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=136. "George Ellis" <ge1293@Mindspring.com> wrote in message news:18d9701c41b64$6b08b9b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to change text size from within Money > 2004? ...

Exchange VM Fragmentation issue
We are currently running W2K - SP4 & Exchange 2000 enterprise, fully patched and up-to-date with the latest updates. The server has 2GB of RAM. We are getting warning messages popping up every hour telling us that the virtual memory is highly fragmented and it is highly recommended that we restart all exchange services to corect this issue. The event ID is 9582. I applied the heapcommitfreeblockthreshold patch in July of 2005 and it seemed to resolve the issue for about 4 months or so. We made no changes to the server in that time, but the 9582 message started popping up again...

font size in dialog
While I was developing my MFC APP, I changed my windows font from 96 dpi to 115 dpi. And I found that in two of my boxes the size of the text and some control (like picture) are differents. How can I make them the same? Do I need to redesign my dialog? Thanks, qq qq, Pictures are typically measured in absolute pixels, while controls are measured in units based on the current system font (that much you have already noticed!). If I run in a high resolution, it might be for two different reasons: 1. I want to be able to see more windows on screen. Dialogboxes will be, in absolute measures, ...

Run VB exe's in Win 7
Hi If I copy a VB Exe from my Desktop with OS XP Pro it fails to run on my laptop with OS Win 7. Can I get this to work? Thanks On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:25:01 -0800, LondonLad <LondonLad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: � Hi � If I copy a VB Exe from my Desktop with OS XP Pro it fails to run on my � laptop with OS Win 7. � Can I get this to work? � � Thanks What is the error? Have you installed all dependent components? Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic) LondonLad wrote: > If I copy a VB Exe from my Desktop with OS XP Pro it fails to run on my >...

Messaging size restriction bizzare
Hi, I am current using Trend Mico ScanMessage gateway and Exchange 2003. Incoming is going through ScanMessage gateway first and relay to Exchange 2003. I setup "sending message size" as 3900 KB in Global setting and 50000KB as receiving message size. I test it with internal mail and everything is fine accoring sending/receiving size restriction until external email such yahoo. For example, (External email) if I send 3 MB attachment which is fine and but not everything above 3900 KB (bounce: limit or email box is full). It seems Exchange is using sending message size (ov...

XP Systems Running Slowly or Non-Responsive due to wuauclt.exe hogging memory
This was posted 4 hours ago in the Windows Update forum by Keith, MS Support Engineer: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/7f401392-268c-4840-a458-8b063fbda084/#baf3e55a-fc4a-4915-a2f0-3e7f559c7c46 " If you are currently experiencing issues with XP running slowing due to the wuauclt.exe using too much memory, we are interested in hearing from you. Please send an email to commod@microsoft.com and include your forum display name and contact information. Important: When you are composing the email, be sure to include �XP Wuauclt.exe� in the su...

Paper size
On my computer, the standard paper size is A4 - except when in MS Access I use the documenter, when it defaults to Letter. Is there a way of changing this permanently please? Many thanks Peter Kinsman Hi Peter, Unless things have changed with A2007, I'm pretty sure the answer is No. I pursued this a couple of years ago, and (sadly) found no way to do this. Rob PS. Nice to have a non-US-centric posting ;-) <remove tongue from cheek> "Peter Kinsman" <peter@seguecomputing.co.uk> wrote in message news:edR1lRm2HHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > On my com...

Increase significant digits that can be stored in Enterprise
Enterprise reporting currently allows you to store only 4 significant digits, this should be increased to at least 8. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9ddcaf...

Licensing on VM
Hi, If I have some VM on a physical machine, the license by processor is on the number of virtual processors or physical processors ? Have you some informations about this ? Thanks for your help On Mon, 31 May 2010 21:12:24 +0200, "bob123" <bob123@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >If I have some VM on a physical machine, >the license by processor >is on the number of >virtual processors or physical processors ? > >Have you some informations about this ? >Thanks for your help > Check out VIRTUALIZATION AND MULTI-INSTANCING in ...

workbook size reduction
We have the option such as compact and repair database in MS Access, which allow us to reduce the database size. Can we do somthing similar with the Excel workbook? I have a workbook with many links and formulas with the size of 15.5Mb. It's hard to open and save it. Thanks in advance Many tips on saving memory and increasing performance can be found at www.decisionmodels.com -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38FD03F0-07DA-4DED-8CEF-4D782009073B@microsoft.com... > We have the option...

DEBUGCHK failed in .... vm.c
Hello, when my target starts in debug mode via KITL connected to Platform Builder, I see a lot of following messages on debug serial port : NK Kernel: DEBUGCHK failed in file C:\yzkiqfe\private\winceos\COREOS\nk\kernel\n knormal\..\vm.c at line 3387 I have read the following post regarding this problem : http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/wince-pb/21142/What-is-meaning-of-NK-Kernel-DEBUGCHK-failed-in-file-C-yzkiqfe My OEMInit() function already calls NKForceCleanBoot()...so the problem is that "the build is debug" ??? Why ? Thanks, Paolo -- ...

Exchange Information Store
I am having some problems with my Exchange 2000 server, the first problem is that external email is taking over 30-40 minutes to be delivered to some of the clients on my network. The internal mail is delivered straight away as you would have thought so. I have ran System Monitor in Windows 2000 to see if there were any bottlenecks with the system and everything seems fine but still the external mail is rather slow. Is there anything I could do to sort this out as external mail shouldn’t really take up to 40 minutes to be delivered? My other problem is that the external mail stops com...

Store Credit #4
Hi I need to know if you can change "Sales Receipt" title to "Store Credit" when you issue credit note. Thank you. -- Kay ...

COMMENTS ON NTOSKRNL.EXE missing AND WINDOWS SEARCH
Something odd is going on with my ability to receive responses to these 2 posts. A very kind MVP noticed that I was not reading the responses and sent me an email directly. He tells me there are indeed responses to my posts. I am not able to see them even after refreshing, restarting the news group, getting next headers, etc. He has also sent me some links to look at and I will do that very soon. I want to thank everyone who has replied and assure you that I am not ignoring your replies. I simply cannot see them. I'd ask for your help in figuring out why I can'...

Controlling initial FormView size
I have an MFC application which on startup opens multiple FormViews in ChildFrames. An annoyance I am having is that as they open up, the Views' sizes bear very little resemblance to underlying dialog resources. They are always either too big or too small in at least one direction, and need to be resized. Not a show stopper, but an annoyance. What is a good way to control the initial size of these windows? Thanks, Henryk Birecki You could try doing this code that will resize controls and the dialog and save the settings based on user interaction: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/re...

Information Store Stopped
Information store service stopped unexpectedly with event id 7031 - service has terminated unexpectedly, has done this 1 time. I found article 814924 (Exch 2000), which seems to be onpoint, and has a hotfix, but am not sure if it applies to Exch 5.5. Any suggestions? The article 814924 refers to Exchange 2000. >-----Original Message----- >Information store service stopped unexpectedly with event >id 7031 - service has terminated unexpectedly, has done >this 1 time. I found article 814924 (Exch 2000), which >seems to be onpoint, and has a hotfix, but am not sure if >...

public store has wrong address
I was having some trouble getting my existing e2k server to replicate its public folders to a new e2k server. I ran through the microsoft white paper on how to troubleshoot public folder replication and discovered that my existing server's public store e-mail address is wrong. Existing e2k server's public store address is EMAIL-PubIS@intereco.org New e2k server's public store address is EXCH-IS@intertrust.org I conclude that EXCH's address is correct and EMAIL's should be EMAIL-IS@intertrust.org I have checked the two articles that the folder replication trouble...

Debugging using VM 2007
I am trying to perform kernel debugging using VM 2007.I have a win xp target on VM & vista host(with debugger),i performed following actions: a).In boot.ini file i appended : \debug\debugport=com1\baudrate=115200 to the copy of first entry in [operating systems]section. b).In 'settings' of virtual machine i specified a named pipe as:\\.\pipe\debugpipe for COM1. c).I configured kernel debugger on host as: C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg -k com:pipe,port=\\.\pipe\debugpipe,reset=0,reconnect But it appears to hang waiting to reconnect givin...

Store.exe Memor
Hi, I've got a server that has a motherboard that maxies out at 1GB of memory, store.exe is using 500MB of it. Is there anyway to curtail how much the store uses? I'm using 2000SBS with about 16 users. Thanks Craig Store.exe will use all the memory available, but releases memory when other resources requrie it. 500Mb may sound like a lot of memory being used, specially for a small store/environment, but there's nothing to worry about. Ruling Out Memory Bound Problems http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/TrblshtE2k3Perf/7a44b064-8872-4edf-aac7-36b2a...