Virtual SMTP Server causing inetinfo.exe to use load of RAM

Hi ALL

I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4)
box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe
steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the server.

I have spent ages googling on this one alas to no avail.

Any help or guidance welcome

Martin

"Martin" <martin@purplespot.co.uk> wrote:

>I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4)
>box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe
>steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the server.
>
>I have spent ages googling on this one alas to no avail.
>
>Any help or guidance welcome

Bad message in the Queue directory?

Anti-Virus leaking memory?

Badly written event or protocol sink?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Dell Motherboard or RAM
Dell MOBO Will Not Install XP Home. Is it the MOBO or is it the RAM Memory? These same files will not install. Using 2 different known 'Good Discs'. Using 2 different known 'Hard Drives' The Dell Diag CD was created and run. No problems found. Error Message on install. These 5 files are all the same size and date on XP Proff Srv Pak 2 and also XP Home Srv Pak 2. What would you do? The files did copy but should I expand the ones on the Proff Disc to the Windows Directory on the 'Install' HD: C:\Windows ?? What would you do ? XP Home Srv Pak 2 ...

disapearing email from exchange server
I have sbs 2003 exchange server sp 2 today. one user lost 3 days worth of email. 9/11 to 9/13 new emails are coming in and are ok. older emails older that 4/12/06 are missing as well. this user has outlook on windows xp. a treo 700w which has active sync for checking emails. and entourage on a mac. all were working fine. serveral other users have either entourage or outlook. and treo's. no one else has exprienced this problem. I can see in the log that the emails came in and the user says he saw them. then today they dissapeared. no archivingis going on, no rules, etc. any i...

Working offline, but no exchange server to go online with.
Hi, I use: Win XP SP2, Office 2003, SP 2. I started to create an Exchange Server account but shortly after, deleted it. Since then, I get an "Offline" icon in the right lower corner of the Also, when I try to use Rules and Alerts, I get the message: "You are currently working offline. To use this command, you must go online and connect to the Exchange Server." I do not have Exchange Server. There is no choice to go online in File Menu either. Any help would be appreciated. Create a new mail profile in Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. = Configure it with...

any examples of using the LAME DLL in MFC?
I've been unable to find any documentation that would help on the sourceforge site concerning the actual use of the LAME dll. So my only way out I think is to track down either an example of using this under MFC; or some sort of guide. If anyonme can point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful. I can't belive that ther's not a helluva .lot of any use that I can find on google! Thanks in advance. Wayne... I just did a Google for "Lame.dll code" and the second link goes to http://mukoli.free.fr/out_lame/ which appears to give out their source code. ...

SMTP Errors #4
My Exchange server running on SBS 2003 is set to use my ISP (Cable) to send mail. All was working fine. Now I get "host-not-in-DNS return address not allowed" for any internet mail I try to send. I tryied to send my SMTP to use DNS, but it just sits inthe que and never seems to fail or leave. My mail is hosted on the internet so my server uses the pop3 connector to pull in mail. (This is my home system so I dont really have the option host my onw mail) So I beleve my ISP is now trying to resolve my email domain by reverse DNS and it will fail. I am running dynamic DNS but...

xmlsign.exe
In the MSDN Office Talk there is an article on Smart Document "The Definitive 'Hello World' Managed Smart Document Tutorial". In the artical it talks about configuring security for the xml manifest file by digitally signing it. To do this it says to run XMLSign.exe utility available from the Smart Tag and Smart Document SDK. This SDK is for Beta 2. Does any one know where I can get XMLSign.exe for Office 2003 that is not Beta. Thanks Mike B. ...

Using Exception List in Anit-Spam Rules
I apologize for the broad audience, but I can't find a more specific group appropriate to this topic. I'm using Outlook XP (2002). The Rules Wizard shows a built-in rule called Exception List that says "Apply this rule after message arrives from senders on my Exception List. Do not search message for commercial or adult content" (Exception List is underlined like a personal contact or distribution list). It also provides a dialog for maintaining the exception list. Question is, how can I make use of this list in my own rules. I would like to create rules based on conten...

virtual destructor
Hello, I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and Class B destructor's. I received the same results regardless if Class B was declared virtual or not. Class B's destructor was invoked first then Class A's destructor. Are these results correct? If so, what's the purpose of declaring Class B's destructor virtual? TIA, -jacques Jacques Cooper wrote: > Hello, > > I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived > from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and &...

Stuck SQL Server Replication Creation
Hi, I'm using DPM 2007 Sp1, latest hotfix package from october installed. I have one protected server (windows 2008 r2 with sql server 2008), where most of the databases are backing up okay but I have problems with the replica creation and any consistency check getting "stuck" for both the C:, F: and G: drives on the server and 5 databases ONLY. The other drive H: and the other databases (about 10) create the replica and appear to backup up fine. What happens is that it appears that the replica creation transfers a small amount of data, 1-25MB and then just ha...

mySql insert statement using date
Hi All, Having a syntax error when using the update statement to a linked table. Getting a 3155 error in mySQL. Any help is appreciated. vSQL = "insert into audit_history (auditor_id, audit_date, audit_shift_code, associate_id, wave, dept_id, error_date, error_shift_code, task_error_id, qty_aud, qty_err, comments, dtimecre, dtimemod, usrmod)" & _ "select [cbAudAuditor], [txAudDate], [cbAudShift], [cbAudEmp], [txAudWave], [cbAudDept], [txAudErrDate], [cbAudErrShift], [cbAudErrID], [txAudQty], [txAudErrQty], [txAudDesc], [txCreModDate], [txCreModDate...

Error when open My Tasks Page Project Server SP2 03-01-10
Dear All, I show the following error when open My Tasks Page: (An unexpected error has occurred. Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator. Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services. ) This happened for few resources not all. I sure this problem not for IE because I was try the user name and password on my machine and appeared the same error. We working on project server sp2 and hotfix KB977028 installed for ...

Incomming Smtp server
Ive got a exchange server behind a firewall. Ive mapped my firewall to map port 25 to the exchnage server. My isp is going to add a mx record and point it to our fixed ip address for incomming smtp mail. If i telnet the public ip address with port 25, i get a response. Up to here all is well have some doubts.., What do i need to do to ensure that my exchange server accepts incomming smtp mail only for my domain,ie abc@abc.com. My local domain is abcd.local, on my exchange server ive got the @abc.com as my default address for recipients policies =?Utf-8?B?TGlvbmVs?= <anonymous@discussions....

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Will Outlook 2010 work on an Apple Server with Apple Devices?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I operate a small consulting firm that uses a mac-mini server with Snow Leopard OS. Each employee has a Macbook and iPhone which are &quot;sync-ed&quot;. You would think that with all Apple products, and the fact that Apple touts their mac-mini as a great business server with unlimited user expandability, that we would be in great shape. There is one huge problem. The Apple Mail, iCal, and Address Book programs are woefully inadequate for business use. I could go into why but, any...

SMTP AUTH frustration in Outlook
A coworker of mine is having trouble sending mail using SMTP authentication with SSL encryption. Client is Outlook 2000 on windows XP Home, server is sendmail 8.12.11 He can receive mail find; however sending does not work and "xxxx.clientip.com did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA is logged on the sendmail server. Other clients using Outlook 2003 and XP pro do not have issues. I was going to give him a Outlook 2003 CD in the hopes that it would solve the problem, but if anyone has a KB article reference or any other suggestions, much appreciated. Thanks ...

Outlook 2007 SQL Server instead of PST File?
Is there a way to use SQL Express or SQL Server instead of the PST file Outlook 2007 uses to store the email and other data? If there is a way, can anyone point me to the instructions? No, not possible. What are you trying to achieve by this? If you need to interact with your Outlook data via SQL, take a look at this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/genius_connect -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Question...

Virtualization
Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual environment and what your opinion is on doing so? On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:44:25 -0500, Matthew wrote: > Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual > environment and what your opinion is on doing so? Had SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V. The only thing that stood in the way was Hyper-V limitation on 4 CPUs per virtual machine. Everything else was OK. You can check out this link for more info: http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/9/4/d948f981-926e-40fa-a026-5bfcf076d9b...

report timeout in CRM 1.2 on virtual pc (notebook)
Hi, I prepared images of mscrm 1.2 for virtual pc. On two desktop machines with 1 gig of memory, everything works fine. On a -besides this very performant- notebook with same memory specs, I get timeouts in crystal report viewer (nothing is shown and after a long while, an error message shows in the "html page" where the report should be). I increased timeout value on the "microsoft crm" II server app virtual directory to ..1800 or more: No chance. Did anyone see this happen? Any hint to resolve this? It seems to me like the disk access spped, which is much slower than on...

How can I resume a download if the user gets disconnected (I am using CHTMLfile )?
How can I resume a download if the user gets disconnected (I am using CHTMLfile )? I use Seek() but I think that isnt good idea, becouse when I want to set a start point, Seek goes to exeption In the bottom is my code thanks for any kind of help if (!destFile.Open(pFileName, CFile::modeWrite | CFile::shareExclusive | CFile::modeNoTruncate, &ex)) { destFile.Open(pFileName, CFile::modeWrite | CFile::shareExclusive | CFile::modeCreate, &ex); dwLength = 0; } else { dwLength = destFile.GetLength(); } CInternetSession *pHttpSess...

Cannot open exe files
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but whenever I try to run exe files, an 'Open With' box pops up. I don't think i have a virus though I'm not sure. I've also tried merging the reg file, but no luck. Any ideas? -- 145141 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 145141's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/180981.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1298544.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Virtual Accounts?
Hi all, I would love to be able to create some 'virtual accounts' but I am not sure of firstly if it can be done and secondly how to do it. Basically I put away amounts each month for certain expenses but dont want t o have a bank account for each expenditure in order to see how much is curre ntly available for that category. I would prefer just to have one account a nd lump all the items together and then using Money have it break the curren tly levels of each down for me. e.g I put aside 100 per month for car tags. Since the car tags are only due once a year, I want to be able...

Component Where Used Report for Sales
Hello: I know that there are some Component Where Used Reports for GP Manufacturing. But, is there a way to have those reports show for each component the amount of sales made for that component for the year? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

Move data company between servers
Hi, I have two GP Servers: 1. Server A (Windows Server 2003 R2 and SQL Server 2005) with one company CompanyA 2. Server B (Windows Server 2003 R2 and SQL Server 2005) with one company CompanyB. I need to move the company from Server A to Server B in order to have both companies in the same server. What should I do? This is only possible if the account framework [defined originally when GP was installed ] on both servers is the same. Assuming this is the case, then your next concern should be the Dynamics GP logins -- which equate to SQL Server logins -- that exists on server A must...

Why I Can't use my document
I had save a document and now I can not work in it anymore and in anyother publisher saved documents, why that? What happens when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F1BF475-99F1-4621-B66E-8641C37FBF5A@microsoft.com... >I had save a document and now I can not work in it anymore and in anyother > publisher saved documents, why that? Have you activated Publisher? Is Publisher a trial? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps....