Virtual Memory Error Exchange

I had two server DELL Power Edge 2800, both have Windows Server 2003 SP1, the
frist one has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and 6 GB physical memory, the other
one has SQL Server 2005 and 4 GB physical memory, I had a problem because my
SQL Server was low of available memory, and I solved the problem uninstalling
2 GB physical memory from the exchange server and Installing to the SQL
Server. I took this decisition because I have a third part SNMP software
which I used to monitor the Memory Usage and I just used 2GB physical memory
in Exchange Server and I had 4GB useless.

In this moment I have Exchange Server with 4 GB and SQL Server with 6GB and
everything is working fine, however I always have had configured the exchange
tool monitor and status and I have the monitor Virtual Memory Threshold –
Warning: 20% and Critical: 10%, and I am getting a critical email about an
error in this counter, because the memory is under the Threshold, message is
sent everyday and dosen´t have a specific time. I don’t know if this problem
is because in any place of regedit the server has an entry which is still
like 6 GB and I have to change that, I am monitoring the memory with SNMP
program and the memory used is normal, The exchange server is using 2GB and
have free 2 GB, this is regular operation and I check the monitor at time
when it send the Message and the phisycal memory and page file work normal.

Information about the system: I have pagefile in other disk drive (d:) and I
setup the page file size: 2046 – 6142, and I have in the boot.ini this entry:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise"
/pae /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut /3GB /USERVA=3030.

I hope you can help me!

0
Ruben5380 (6)

Hi,

Apart from saying 'don't put SQL with Exchange'..

1. Never put more than 4GB of ram in an Exchange Server - it doesn't use
it - total waste of hardware.
2. Memory optimization is a #1 priority. I see you have configured the /3GB
and USERV=3030 variables. However read this:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/12/14/416065.aspx

There's more optimization you can do, ensuring PAE and Hot Add Memory is
disabled, configuring the HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold
 etc.

3. don't put SQL with Exchange - consider moving SQL off - and then put the
server to 4GB of ram
4. I don't like you page file size!!! Never ever set it how you have. Always
set it for 1.5 times the amount of physical ram (with PAE turned off the
page file won't let you go over 4096 - this is fine for 4GB ram).

 Whilst you have set it to be 'max allowed - 6142' you have not staticly set
the size.. Ensure the minimum and maximum are set to be the same size..
Otherwise you will page file fragmentation on the hard disk your PF resides
on.

After you have followed the super cool document i've linked above, (and
you've removed SQL ;-) ) then download the Exchange Best Practice Analyser
and run that on both backends.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/14/2007 5:19:17 PM
5. Proof read you post to make sure you've made grammatically correct posts
;-)

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/14/2007 5:25:02 PM
Drop the /pae switch on the Exchange server.

"Ruben" <Ruben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had two server DELL Power Edge 2800, both have Windows Server 2003 SP1,
>the
> frist one has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and 6 GB physical memory, the other
> one has SQL Server 2005 and 4 GB physical memory, I had a problem because
> my
> SQL Server was low of available memory, and I solved the problem
> uninstalling
> 2 GB physical memory from the exchange server and Installing to the SQL
> Server. I took this decisition because I have a third part SNMP software
> which I used to monitor the Memory Usage and I just used 2GB physical
> memory
> in Exchange Server and I had 4GB useless.
>
> In this moment I have Exchange Server with 4 GB and SQL Server with 6GB
> and
> everything is working fine, however I always have had configured the
> exchange
> tool monitor and status and I have the monitor Virtual Memory Threshold -
> Warning: 20% and Critical: 10%, and I am getting a critical email about an
> error in this counter, because the memory is under the Threshold, message
> is
> sent everyday and dosen�t have a specific time. I don't know if this
> problem
> is because in any place of regedit the server has an entry which is still
> like 6 GB and I have to change that, I am monitoring the memory with SNMP
> program and the memory used is normal, The exchange server is using 2GB
> and
> have free 2 GB, this is regular operation and I check the monitor at time
> when it send the Message and the phisycal memory and page file work
> normal.
>
> Information about the system: I have pagefile in other disk drive (d:) and
> setup the page file size: 2046 - 6142, and I have in the boot.ini this
> entry:
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003,
> Enterprise"
> /pae /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut /3GB /USERVA=3030.
>
> I hope you can help me!

0
John
3/15/2007 5:03:56 AM
I´am Sorry my english I am from Latin America and I only use a technical
english!

thanks for your post, but I don´t have SQL an Exchange in the same Server I
have two server, the problem is with memory I had exchange server with 6GB
memory RAM and I uninstall 2GB and I installed that in another server, SQL
Server.

I let my Exchange Server with 4GB, when I am monitoring the server only use
2 GB of physical memory, but I get the error from Virtual Memory Threshold
from Exchange Tools eventhough everything is normal.

"Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:

> 5. Proof read you post to make sure you've made grammatically correct posts
> ;-)
>
> Oliver

0
Ruben5380 (6)
3/15/2007 8:41:00 PM
Hi Ruben,

You misunderstood sorry! I was talking about the gramatical errors in my own
post in response to your initial question!

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

Why do I get a #VALUE! error with this formula???
Hi, I'm getting frustrated with this and hopefully someone can help me out. Here is my data: A B C D Hang up after accepting call AH 1 (BLANK CELL) This is the formula I'm trying to get to work, but am getting #VALUE! error =OR(IF(ISBLANK(C6),TRUE,FALSE),IF(AND(C6=1, ISBLANK(D6)),"AH",FALSE)) The desired result would be to have AH display. However if I were just to use the formula IF(AND(C6=1, ISBLANK(D6)),"AH",FALSE) it displays correctly. So I know that it has something to do with the or st...

virtual destructor
Hello, I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and Class B destructor's. I received the same results regardless if Class B was declared virtual or not. Class B's destructor was invoked first then Class A's destructor. Are these results correct? If so, what's the purpose of declaring Class B's destructor virtual? TIA, -jacques Jacques Cooper wrote: > Hello, > > I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived > from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and &...

Exchange 2003 Database Size vs Free Space
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard Edition SP2 We currently have approximately 100 mailboxes priv1.edb is 14.4GB priv1.stm is 8.8GB I did, quite some time ago update the registry to increase the database size limit to 75GB. Event ID 1221 reports only 220mb of free space. I suspected it was misreporting the free space because my backups were running at the same time the maint (online defrag) was running. I changed my backup to run outside of the maint. window but it's still reporting the same amount of free space. Am I reading this wrong? It looks like I'm ou...

Virtualization
Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual environment and what your opinion is on doing so? On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:44:25 -0500, Matthew wrote: > Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual > environment and what your opinion is on doing so? Had SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V. The only thing that stood in the way was Hyper-V limitation on 4 CPUs per virtual machine. Everything else was OK. You can check out this link for more info: http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/9/4/d948f981-926e-40fa-a026-5bfcf076d9b...

Frx error message
We use Frx 6sp4. when I type my login and password, it gives me 'unexpected error; quitting' message. I have registered the dll files but it still isn't working. This is only happening on 1 workstation. -- 654321 Are you connecting to a SQL server? What type of ODBC authentication are you using - NT or SQL authentication? Make sure the proper ODBC is setup on this machine like it is on the other machines. Jason "Major" wrote: > We use Frx 6sp4. when I type my login and password, it gives me 'unexpected > error; quitting' message. I have regis...

report timeout in CRM 1.2 on virtual pc (notebook)
Hi, I prepared images of mscrm 1.2 for virtual pc. On two desktop machines with 1 gig of memory, everything works fine. On a -besides this very performant- notebook with same memory specs, I get timeouts in crystal report viewer (nothing is shown and after a long while, an error message shows in the "html page" where the report should be). I increased timeout value on the "microsoft crm" II server app virtual directory to ..1800 or more: No chance. Did anyone see this happen? Any hint to resolve this? It seems to me like the disk access spped, which is much slower than on...

format error
I have a row for dates. I have formatted them to be dd-mmm-yy. I enter the date and when I hit enter, it comes up as ######. PLZ HELP!!!! Make your column wider....that works for me. "tillys88falcon" wrote: > I have a row for dates. I have formatted them to be dd-mmm-yy. I enter the > date and when I hit enter, it comes up as ######. PLZ HELP!!!! Thank you. It almost seems too easy. lol "Smooney" wrote: > Make your column wider....that works for me. > > "tillys88falcon" wrote: > > > I have a row for dates. I have formatted them to...

Team Resources Error
All, I have created some team resources as follows: 1. Created a team lookup table with team names ( Team AA, Team BB...) 2. Edited the "team name" field to use this lookup table. 3. In MS Project, created a generic team resource for each team, assigned it to the team and set the "team assignment pool" to "yes" for these tam resources. 4. Added members of the team to the teams. 5. Saved the ERP. 6. Created a project schedule and assigned the team resource to tasks. 7. Published the project schdule. When I have one of the team members go to "...

Exchange Server hang after backing up mailboxes #2
We have an issue where whenever we backup mailboxes on our SBS 2003 server, Exchange starts to hang and outlook freezes on the users. The server itself is ok, but we have to restart the server to get exchange back. Its only backing up the mailboxes that causes the issue, backing up the information store itself doesnt cause the problem. It doesnt hang when you only select a portion of the mailboxes as well and back those up, only when you back them all up, so it doesnt look like its a specific mailbox either Were using Veritas 9.1 to backup. Any ideas Thanks Andy ...

SW RAID-1 On Storage Virtual MiniPort
Hi, I want to develop a SW RAID-1 using Storage Virtual MiniPort driver, I hope this driver can choose two disks from system by using SCSI command, then reports a RAID-1 disk to system, is this idea could be accomplished by Storage Virtual MiniPort driver? If this idea is ok, what type of certification it need to pass from Microsoft? Regards, Perer, Hi all, I need the suggestion urgently, please give me a help, thanks. Regrads, Peter, "Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> �b�l�� news:u8N5usgtKHA.3360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl �����g... > Hi,...

Virtual Accounts?
Hi all, I would love to be able to create some 'virtual accounts' but I am not sure of firstly if it can be done and secondly how to do it. Basically I put away amounts each month for certain expenses but dont want t o have a bank account for each expenditure in order to see how much is curre ntly available for that category. I would prefer just to have one account a nd lump all the items together and then using Money have it break the curren tly levels of each down for me. e.g I put aside 100 per month for car tags. Since the car tags are only due once a year, I want to be able...

Syntax error on DLookup-function
The following DLookup-function only returns a syntax error message in the controlsource of a textbox in my report: =DLookUp("[clientname]","[clientregister]","[clientID]=1") In the immediate window in VB-code, the function gives the expected result, but not in the controlsource. What do I do wrong? -- --------------------------------- RM Haukalid, Norway --------------------------------- ...

can not send/receive emails error 0x800CCC0F
When I sign in to Windows Live Mail, this error box pops up. It won't receive or send any emails. Any help on this one is much appreciated as this is my business email and I am unable to my job if I can't be in contact with my clients... thanks!!! Unable to send or receive messages for the ********* (jenn) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'pop.bizmail.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: POP3 Port...

upgrade to exchange enterprise
Hello - We currently have Exchange Std. and I've been noticing that our database size is rapidly increasing to the 16gb limit. I want to upgrade to enterprise version, but I have several questions about the process. First, we have our primary DNS server that will soon be replaced by a new bigger/faster server. We tried to switch this before, but Exchange did not like this too much. It couldn't mount the info store or start any of the processes needed, until we brought the old DNS server back online. What steps do I have to take to make Exchange point to the new DNS server?...

CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2010
Hello, We are still on CRM 3.0 but we are upgrading to exchange 2010, do you know if CRM 3.0 can work with Exchange 2010 as it did with ex2007? (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2007/09/27/crm-3-0-and-exchange-2007-compatibility.aspx) Regards ...

Outlook Error
whenever I try to open a web link from an outlook 200 email, I get this error: Command line option syntax error. Type command/? for help. I installed Outlook 2002 (xp) a while ago, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error now - any suggestions or ideas to correct this? ...

Memory Config
I'm having a real head ache with my main Exchange server. Configuration: Windows 2003 Ent Server (upgraded from 2000 std) Exchange Server 2003 (upgraded from 2000 std) The server has 2GB RAM. In my boot.ini I have: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=3030 I have set the HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold to: 0x00040000 My SystemPages is set to 0x00031000. (I've tried 30000 as well) Yet at boot I still get the 9665 error saying that my memory setting are not optimal for Exchange. And every two or th...

How to free memory when I use class CString?
Hi: Please look at the function: void CCstringDlg::OnButton1() { CString str; char sz[8192]; file://memory will add 8K for(int i=0;i<8192;i++){ sz[i] = 'a'; } str = sz; file://memory will add 8K str.ReleaseBuffer(); } But when the function completed,memory can't free 16K.It only free 8K.Why the memory CString used can't be free? How to free? Thanks! "Z.Smith" <zhchyg@163.com> wrote in message news:OTXcEkFqFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gb...

Excel 2000 run-time error '7':
I am running Office 2K and just today, every spreadsheet I open I get the following error: "Microsoft Visual Basic" "Run-time error '7': " "Out of memory". Now I am running a 1.6GHz machine with .5GB RAM. I do not have any special addin's or anything non-standard from the normal office 2K professional install. As a note, after clicking "End" the spreadsheet opens. Occasionally, certain sheets only show 4 of the 8-10 worksheets. Any help would be appreciated. ...

company name change exchange
my company will be changing it name what do i need to do in exchange 2003 to accomplish the inbound emails of both companys and the outbound emails to have only the new company name any ms doc would be great thank you Set up the required MX records so the world knows where your mail server for those domains is. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319201 How To Use Recipient Policies to Control E-mail Addresses in Exchange 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;249299&sd=tech HOW TO: Configure Recipient Policies in Exchange On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:45:03 -080...

preTranslateMessage error
I'm learning how to use pretranslateMessage in c++ for an mfc app. but it keeps giving me two errors and I can't find a good tutorial on it. it says: PhysicsMath error LNK2005: "public: virtual int __thiscall CPhysicsMathDlg::PreTranslateMessage(struct tagMSG *)" (?PreTranslateMessage@CPhysicsMathDlg@@UAEHPAUtagMSG@@@Z) already defined in PhysicsMath.obj and PhysicsMath fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found anyone know what it means? dave "Deej" <davidhere40@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7sednROg4_wLPmmiRVn-jg@comcast.com.....

How to release memory used by MSHTML? Please help.
Every time I call QueryInterface, memory increase by 4KB. I hope the release will release the memory but it doesn't. If I put the following code into an infinitive loop, then it will run out of virtual memory. Please help how to release memory used by MSHTML functions. Thanks. void ChtmlView::OnDocumentComplete(LPCTSTR lpszURL) { IDispatch* pDocDisp = this->GetHtmlDocument(); if (pDocDisp != NULL) { HRESULT hr; IHTMLDocument2* pDoc; hr = pDocDisp->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument2, (void**)&pDoc); if (hr == S_OK) { pDoc->Release(); } pDocDisp->...

OL 2002 Error Message
Please help. Using Outlook 2002, Win XP Pro, Norton System Works, have 2 problems, and don't know if they are related to one another, and dont' know how to fix. I continually get the following Error Message. I have one e-mail account, and made the the recommended changes in the following article hoping it would resolve. BEFORE the changes I received up to 30 duplicates of EACH e-mail. The changes have not corrected my Error Message or Duplicate mail. The mail stays on the server even tho my settings are to NOT leave on server? Error Message: (0x800CCC90) Your Incoming (POP3) E-Mail...

code error 80048823
hi i have tried every thing to fix it reset my password but i wont work and i dont have a alternate email adress option can you please help mee and i tried looking at all solution i stiil aint workink helpp please ... ...

Rules in Error
Rules in Error popup box appears - everytime I open Outlook Under Rule - Server-Requested Client Action Under Error - MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I have deleted all of my rules and it still appears. Any suggestions? Thanks Mark ...