uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached

Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and
the latest April Microsoft  secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends
mail  to our Exchange 2k server, the  uuencoded attachment is embedded in the
body of the message instead of being received as an attachment.
Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage.  We have
not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box.
Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution
may be?
Thanks
0
ksb (25)

how do I get rid of ###### that appear instead of text in excel?
I used to know how to do this, but I've forgotten...grr...how do I get rid of those nasty ######### that appear in the fields instead of what I enter...the correct words appear up in the input header, but the field just shows a series of pound signs...thanks! Change the format of the cell from text to general. If text is between 256 and 1024 characters in length and the cell is formatted as text you the ###. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "rocker22042" wrote: > I used to know how to do this, but I've forgotten...grr...how do I get rid of > those nast...

Unsafe attachments!!
Hi there, OE keeps removing items it denotes as unsafe attachments, ie pictures from friends,despite the fact that I know all is ok with them. Any ideas how I can stop it dong this? Many thanks Darren Darren Sampson wrote: > Hi there, > > OE keeps removing items it denotes as unsafe attachments, ie pictures > from friends,despite the fact that I know all is ok with them. Any > ideas how I can stop it dong this? > > Many thanks > Darren Tools-Options-Security for the 250,000th time! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suit...

Sending in a attachment that i did not attach
When i send from Outlook it sends a attachment called winmail.dat I do not think it is anything BUT how do i get rid of it sending it as a lot of my customer emaikl systems are blocking my email as a virus THXS Steve "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DB656EF-A0E0-487B-8FAF-55F11B6A8F39@microsoft.com... > When i send from Outlook it sends a attachment called winmail.dat I do not > think it is anything BUT how do i get rid of it sending it as a lot of my > customer emaikl systems are blocking my email as a virus > > THXS Steve ...

Attachments Help
Hi All. I am looking for a way to delete all my attachments after a certain time period. I was wondering if there was anyone that can help me figure this out. I've tried to use a rule but I can't find one that will work. If there is VBA code that someone knows of that will perform this operation that would be great. Thanks much. Ross . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Still looking for some help on this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. braa0081 wrote on Tue, 27 April 2010 12:25 > Hi All. > > I am looking for a way to delet...

Announcements
I would like to be able to add attachments to the Announcements section. How can I do that? Thanks ...

How do I remove embeded fonts from a publisher file?
I have been using a copy of my previous publication as a template to produce subsequent issues of a bi-monthly newsletter which is 12 pages. The file is huge, over 55mb. I believe it is large because of embedded fonts. I want to make a pdf file, but can't because of the publication file size. Is there a way a can unembed these fonts? Am I correct that embeded fonts is the problem? Is there some other issue that makes this file so large? Ken S. wrote: > I have been using a copy of my previous publication as a template to produce > subsequent issues of a bi-monthly newslette...

Attachments
I send out an excel spreadsheet that has about 40 columns. Of the 40 want to only show 5 so I simply hide the other 35 columns. If I sen this to myself, when I open it I only see the five columns. However when others open it they see all 40. What am I doing that causes th entire spreadsheet to open up for others but keeps it the way I want i for me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are the other users using xl97? I've seen posts that complain that xl97 won't keep the columnwidth between closing and opening. Some posters say that upgrading to SR2 helps. But others ...

Export CRM Attachments
Hi, I've got a contractor exporting attachment data from a Microsoft CRM database to Salesforce and they sent me an error screenshot. I have no idea what these errors refer to. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The link to the screenshot is below. Thanks! http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/ryanmcwh/sql_error.jpg ...

File Attachment Location
Where are files attached to document notes stored? For example, if I add a note to an invoice by clicking on the note icon next to the document number I can also add an attachment as well. Where are those files stored? Is there a setting that is used to determine the location? I want to make sure that this area is properly backed up. We are on vesion 8 of GP. Thanks, Alvin Lewis The notes are stored in the DYNAMICS table. The attachments are stored where the OLE path is pointing. You can check this by going into the DEX.ini file and look for the path the OLE is set to. The iss...

I type text into a cell and get pound signs instead
I have free text fields in a spreadsheet I developed so co-workers can provide status updates on their work. Occasionally, when someone types in a status update, the cell only displays pound signs (################). If I select that cell, the text appears in the formula bar, but the active cell just shows pound signs. It doesn't seem to be related to the amount of text that was typed, because other text entries are longer but they display just fine in the cell. How do I fix this? Thank you. If there is nothing in the cell to the right it will usually run on across, if...

outlook attachment
Can anyone please help? I tried to open an attachment, but it prompted me with a message "This object was created in Outlook. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed." Not your fault. Have the sender resend the message with an attachment in a format you can open. "Lynn" wrote: > Can anyone please help? I tried to open an attachment, but it prompted me > with a message "This object was created in Outlook. This application is not > av...

Outlook/Exchange 2003 attachment problem
We have a client who forwarded a PDF attachment from Novell Netware to us. When we get it the file is a ..MSG attachment. Clicking on it brings up a new message window with nothing in it. Saving the attachment to the desktop and opening it does the same thing.Forwarding this message results in the attachment disappearing. I can't figure what/why this is happening. This message is sent to other people outside of our organization and apparently they aren't having any problems. Any ideas? TIA In news:Xns984B975E2D40Fbobarcabca@207.46.248.16, Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS>...

Embedded pictures in Visio 2003 keep disappearing!
Gurus, I have a maddening problem in which some of my embedded pictures in Visio 2003 keep disappearing! If I'm in Microsoft Paint working with a .png image, and I copy and paste that image onto my Visio drawing, I can see it, and work with it, and save the Visio document but if I close and re-open Visio, the picture is gone! This only recently started happening. I applied Visio SP3 in hopes that it would solve the problem but it didn't. -- Spin On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:22:09 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have a maddening pro...

Printing in Landscape via an Embedded Macro
I created a form and added a button with the embedded Macro that prints the current record only. The macro arguments are: select record, print record. My problem is that it prints the record in portrait. I need it to print landscape. How do I change it from portrait to landscape??? HELP Hi Try this - much better than printing a record from a form Design a report that is based on the same data as your form so it looks good “ensure” that the report and the form both have the ID (primary) field somewhere – this can be hidden if you like) Open the report in design view S...

Attachments in Tasks
We open a task for each job order that we receive. Each time contact is made about the job, it is entered into the task. Each fax and email is attached to the task in date order with comments. A week ago all of the attachments dropped to the bottom of each task. Now each task and email has to be opened to find what you need. Any idea why this may have happened? ...

How do I include attachments that go with deleted and sent emails.
On Outlook Express, my saved and deleted emails included any attachments that came with them. In Outlook 2007, it deletes the attachments. Then if something happens and I need to find those attachments, they are gone. How can I make Outlook 2007 retain any attachments that go with email messages, even after they are moved to the "sent" and "deleted" files? Outlook 2007 does not remove attachments from items in your mail folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick....

attachement not attached
i work remotely via the internet on a server. when i send myself an pdf attachent from the server to my own mail account and than wanna read it on my mailaccount set up on my lap top it does not show the attachement. When i pick up my message send to my self on the remote server it shows the aatachement in my inbox and also show in my send items that the mail has been send with attachemnt! other people using the same server thayt i send the same mail to can also see the attachement from me. So all can see but myself gggggrrrrr don't understand halp please! Try sending it ...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

OutOfMemoryException when uploading attachment to browser based fo
Hi, I am getting "System.OutOfMemoryException" error while uploading pdf file through browser based form into a document library. The size of file is around 30MB and i have already tried to set properties like "max-file-post-size" & "large-file-chunk-size", i would like to add that the form is working great with any other smaller pdf file size. Kindly let me know how to rectify this error. Thanks in advance. Hello rprzedaszek, Well, solving this problem is not so easy and depends on so many factors that it's impossible to give a definite ...

Link Attachments
Greetings, Is it possible to attach a file to a note and mantain it linked to the original path? eg: a document is attached, then modified on its source path, and i want to have the last version attached to the note. Thanks. Attachments are copied onto the SQL Server and does not retain source paths. Any changes to the original file stored on your computer or some other location does not update the attached file connected to the notes area. Therefore you must reattach the updated file if you wish the MSCRM users to have the latest changes. >-----Original Message----- >Gree...

Reading UUENCODE
For some reason when a client is sending UUENCODE type messages to my Exchange Server the Clients can not ready the Email or the Attachments. All Attachments are arriving with the same size and when opened display as a X. Has anybody seen this problem before ...