Using Publ;ic SSL Cert on CAS servers

Hello all,

We've got 2x exchange 2007 front end servers configured to use CAS and HT
roles setup in an NLB cluster.

To secure PDA's and OWA we've purchased from Entrust 2x Public Certificates
to install on both servers.
We've installed one of the certs on one node to test but when connecting to
the node to use OWA we have the same error regarding having a certificate
error.  Is there anything else required to make this work?  Our SAN names on
the certs have only FQDN names of the servers and NLB cluster, do we need a
single label name on the cert for this to work?.

Any help much appreciated.

0
Andrew

Does the certificate's name or one of its subject alternative names (SANs)
match the server name in the URL you're using?  Does your client trust the
issuing authority?  If you enter just the server name, not the fqdn, then
that has to be a SAN as well.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Andrew Story" <andrewDOTstoryATjameswalkerDOTbiz> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> We've got 2x exchange 2007 front end servers configured to use CAS and HT
> roles setup in an NLB cluster.
>
> To secure PDA's and OWA we've purchased from Entrust 2x Public
> Certificates to install on both servers.
> We've installed one of the certs on one node to test but when connecting
> to the node to use OWA we have the same error regarding having a
> certificate error.  Is there anything else required to make this work?
> Our SAN names on the certs have only FQDN names of the servers and NLB
> cluster, do we need a single label name on the cert for this to work?.
>
> Any help much appreciated.

0
Ed
11/14/2009 7:10:11 AM
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:02:40 -0000, "Andrew Story"
<andrewDOTstoryATjameswalkerDOTbiz> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>We've got 2x exchange 2007 front end servers configured to use CAS and HT
>roles setup in an NLB cluster.
>
>To secure PDA's and OWA we've purchased from Entrust 2x Public Certificates
>to install on both servers.
>We've installed one of the certs on one node to test but when connecting to
>the node to use OWA we have the same error regarding having a certificate
>error.  Is there anything else required to make this work?  Our SAN names on
>the certs have only FQDN names of the servers and NLB cluster, do we need a
>single label name on the cert for this to work?.

Was your certificate issued by a secondary (intermediate) CA? Do you
have the intermediate CA in your certificate store on the CAS?

Do the devices connect directly to the CAS or do they connect to some
other device (ISA, load balancer, etc.) that may be terminating the
SSL connection?

Try this URL and see if it points to any problems:
http://www.digicert.com/help/
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Need advice on NT4 -> Server 2008 R2 upgrade
We currently have an NT4 domain but are looking at making the jump to Server 2008 R2, A/D, etc. but we have some limitations on what can be upgraded so I need some advice. Here is our current configuration: * NT4 PDC and BDC * All user workstations are Win XP SP3 * All file servers except for the PDC and BDC are Server 2003 Std * There are about 10 process control workstations running Windows 2000. These can _NEVER_ change. * There are a hundred or so NT4 workstations. These can _NEVER_ change. * A few Linux systems that are running SAMBA and use the NT4 domain for authentication....

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

SBS 2003 + Terminal Server
Our company is in process to implement Great Plains and MS Solutions Partner suggested next configuration: 1 server - WS 2003 standart (Terminal Server) 2 server - WS 2003 Standart + SQL 2000. Is it possible to use on server 2 Small Business Server 2003 Premium ? What about problems with domain? Regards, I do not believe it is possible to have two machines running Windows SBS 2003 because each machine will want to be the domain controller. I think you'd be better off with: Machine 1: Windows 2003 with Terminal Services Machine 2: Windows 2003 with SQL Server. This machine can also...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Public Folder move to a new server with replication enabled
What is the best method to move replicated public folders. We have a four server env. running W2K3 EX2003. I am trying to migrate some data off two server that are running out of space. The two servers runnning out of space are replicatiing public folders. I would like to move the public stores to two new servers. What is the best way to do it with the replication intact. Can I just move the stores? Is it an option to replicate to the new servers and stop relicating the old server when the folders are created. Keeping downtime to a minimun is a primary goal. Thanks in advance for your...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...

Demo GP 2010 & BP 5.0 Server
Hi, I am setting up a demo GP 2010 & BP 5.0 environment. Since the TWO data is based on 2017, when launching BP there is no data. Modifying the system date causes other components to break (Excell Drillback, etc.). Any suggestions? Thanks, Almoonir ...

Reading a XML on the server
Hi I have two applications(client and server) that pass an XML document but I have a hard time reading the XML document on the server side. So the client application creates the XML document and sends it to the server. On the server side I want to load/read this XML document. Any suggestions would be most welcome, Thank you in advance Serban Serban wrote: > I have two applications(client and server) that pass an > XML document but I have a hard time reading the XML > document on the server side. > > So the client application creates the XML document and > send...

What do you use Excel for?

error message everytime I reboot the exchange server
We are running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server box and everytime I reboot the server I get this error message, "WTEXCHANGE" has reported a "Error". Reported status is: Queues - "Unknown" Drives - "Unknown" Services - "Error" Memory - "Unknown" CPU - "Unknown" The server is working great, we just always get this message. Any ideas on what is causing it? Please email me at jerry.king@ktechserv.com Jerry It appears you have monitoring setup on the Exchaneg box. One of the services that you have set to monitor i...