Users to Contacts in separate Exchange servers.

Hey all

I have two exchange 2003 servers in separate domains that must remain
separate.  For the past year I've been using CSVDE to export and import AD
users from one exchange server into a contacts OU on the other.  All this so
users of each domain can select contacts out of the GAL instead of using the
SMTP address.  Is there a better/easier/automated way this can be done
without using a costly third party tool?

Thanks for the help

James

I presume when you say "separate domains" you also mean "separate forests"
(and organizations), otherwise you wouldn't ask, heh.

Well you can use IIFP (free, light version of MIIS), but this requires a
Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition and SQL Server (which isn't cheap =P). I
think there's a way to use MSDE but I'm not sure.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9143610-c04d-41c4-b7ea-6f56819769d5&DisplayLang=en
http://msmvps.com/clustering/archive/2004/10/06/15141.aspx

"James Lavery" wrote:

> Hey all
>

> I have two exchange 2003 servers in separate domains that must remain
> separate.  For the past year I've been using CSVDE to export and import AD
> users from one exchange server into a contacts OU on the other.  All this so
> users of each domain can select contacts out of the GAL instead of using the
> SMTP address.  Is there a better/easier/automated way this can be done
> without using a costly third party tool?
>

> Thanks for the help
>

> James

You presumed correctly the servers are in separate exchange organizations
and AD forests.  I have all the requirements  MIIS server needs so I'll give
it a try.

Thanks for the Info

James

"Benoit Boudeville" <BenoitBoudeville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:065D1690-438C-498F-98CC-1628CCE81A5E@microsoft.com...

> I presume when you say "separate domains" you also mean "separate forests"
> (and organizations), otherwise you wouldn't ask, heh.
>
> Well you can use IIFP (free, light version of MIIS), but this requires a
> Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition and SQL Server (which isn't cheap =P). I
> think there's a way to use MSDE but I'm not sure.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9143610-c04d-41c4-b7ea-6f56819769d5&DisplayLang=en
> http://msmvps.com/clustering/archive/2004/10/06/15141.aspx
>

> "James Lavery" wrote:
>
>> Hey all
>>

>> I have two exchange 2003 servers in separate domains that must remain
>> separate.  For the past year I've been using CSVDE to export and import
>> AD
>> users from one exchange server into a contacts OU on the other.  All this
>> so
>> users of each domain can select contacts out of the GAL instead of using
>> the
>> SMTP address.  Is there a better/easier/automated way this can be done
>> without using a costly third party tool?
>>

>> Thanks for the help
>>

>> James

James,
Depending on your definition of 'costly' you may want to compare the actual
cost of IIFP and SimpleSync from CPS Systems.
The total cost for SimpleSync would run $8K plus $1K per directory, for a
total cost of $11K.  This includes unlimited support and upgrades.  You can
expect to be up and running within a day, and you will have a product that
you can manage and control on your own.  Hardware requirements are minimal.
No SQL, no scripting, no DLLs.
You can also use SimpleSync to bring in CSV files, HR data, or CRM data, or
any other LDAP or ODBC source.  Each of these would add $1K.
I think you will find the TCO for SimpleSync will be very competitive.
For more information and to download an evaluation copy  of SimpleSync,
please visit www.cps-systems.com .  If you would like to see SimpleSync
'live', please contact me at sales@cps-systems.com for a web demo using
WebEx, GoToMyPC or VNC.
Thank you for your time,
Jerry Welch
CPS Systems
US/Canada:    1 888 666 0277
International: +1 703 827 0919 (-5 GMT)
Cell text msg (160 max) 7034080532@vtext.com

"James Lavery" <james.lavery@dfs.virginia.gov> wrote in message

> You presumed correctly the servers are in separate exchange organizations
> and AD forests.  I have all the requirements  MIIS server needs so I'll
give
> it a try.
>
> Thanks for the Info
>
> James
>

> "Benoit Boudeville" <BenoitBoudeville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:065D1690-438C-498F-98CC-1628CCE81A5E@microsoft.com...
> >
> > I presume when you say "separate domains" you also mean "separate
forests"
> > (and organizations), otherwise you wouldn't ask, heh.
> >
> > Well you can use IIFP (free, light version of MIIS), but this requires a
> > Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition and SQL Server (which isn't cheap =P). I
> > think there's a way to use MSDE but I'm not sure.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9143610-c04d-41c4-b7ea-6f56819769d5&DisplayLang=en
> > http://msmvps.com/clustering/archive/2004/10/06/15141.aspx
> >

> > "James Lavery" wrote:
> >
> >> Hey all
> >>

> >> I have two exchange 2003 servers in separate domains that must remain
> >> separate.  For the past year I've been using CSVDE to export and import
> >> AD
> >> users from one exchange server into a contacts OU on the other.  All
this
> >> so
> >> users of each domain can select contacts out of the GAL instead of
using
> >> the
> >> SMTP address.  Is there a better/easier/automated way this can be done
> >> without using a costly third party tool?
> >>

> >> Thanks for the help
> >>

> >> James

0
jwelch1 (46)

Sorting Contacts
How do I set-up the contacts on Outlook '97 so that it arranges the entries by company rather than by individual? The help option talks as changing the "File As", but I can't find this option. Can you help? Peter ...

How to redirect messages between 2 Exchange servers based on the recipient? (Outlook 2000)
We are currently suffering from reliability problems with our single Exchange server connected to the Internet -> emails to our main customer tend to get lost or delayed. As a consequence, we are considering the option of deploying a new email architecture based on 2 Exchange Servers: * Exchange Server A (NEW): connected to our main customer via a new VPN. Only emails addressed to that client's domain must go through this server. * Exchange Server B (EXISTING): connected to the Internet. To be used for all other messages. The 2 questions I'm supposed to answer are: 1...

problem adding disclaimers to exchange 2003 SMTP traffic
As per something I read a long time ago I've registered a vbs script ('EventSinkScript.vbs') so that on the event of 'ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival' I add a disclaimer to the TextBody (or HTML Body). This works fine for two of our servers but doesn't appear to be working for mailboxes on our main internet mail gateway. out setup is this: DublinExchange2k3 server is out internet gateway for mail and LondonExchange2k3 and BelfastExchange2k3 both route internet mail via our WAN through our Dublin Server where the disclaimer is added. These are using SMTP connectors r...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

No Attribute Message when merging contacts
I receive an error message "No Attribute" when mergeing contacts. Any suggestions? check the error log for detail warning or error . Create two new contacts and try to merge them and post us the result. ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Same Result "Aamir Bashir" wrote: > check the error log for detail warning or error . > > Create two new contacts and try to merge them and post us the result. > ------ > > > Aamir > > > Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ > I am having the same issue and I get the ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Syncronising contacts by relationship type
Hi all. I am using CRM 4 with the outlook client. My contacts syncronise perfectly however I also want to see all the contacts for our partners (which are created by another user). I tried to setup the data group options in the CRM add-in in outlook but the contact will not replicate. Please could someone advise how I setup this data group. Basically I need all accounts and contacts that are marked as the relationship type "partner" Thanks Paul -- Posted by NewsLook (Trial Licence) from http://www.ghytred.com/NewsLook/about.aspx ...

Front end server OWA redirection
Hi, I have configured a front end server to use RPC-HTTP successfully. Ive got the SSL certificate and it all works great. Problem is, Im trying to configure an Outlook web login page, but cant get it to redirect to the backend server. Firstly I wasnt even getting an OWA page until I followed the instructions in the this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555053 Now I get a login page but as soon as I type in a domain\username and password, I get a 404 page could not be found error. This should be redirecting to my backend server (Where OWA is working fine...

Send/Receive not working .. Exchange to Pop3 problem?
I've done a search on this newsgroup, and found many with similar problems, but none with an answer that works for me. One of my users has brought in his own laptop from his old company, which used Outlook 2002 using MS Exchange. We've been able to set him up for an account on our POP3 server, and everything works great except automatic send and receive. I've searched the MS knowledge base, and there was a solution for "corrupted S/R Groups" to copy the "Send/Receive Group" into a new group and un-enable the old group .. that didn't do the trick. The onl...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Controlled Mailbox access via EXchange server
Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example someone's else's calender without giving the usual full mailbox access rights? Abiola Sonubi wrote: > Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it > possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange > administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example > someone's else's calender without giving the usual full ...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

New to Exchange all info in .pst
I have just been given an exchange 2003 account at work. I have all my appointments contacts, and life in a pst file on my laptop. I'd like to get all this info into the new exchange account. What's the best way to go about it? Should I copy the file to my work machine, open it and move stuff to other folders? Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA Steve First, check the size of your PST file, and check with your Exchange admins to find out what your mailbox quota is. If it will fit, you can use file | import/export | outlook data file .....in the profile that has th...