users sending messages to themselves

Hello all,

I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4.

I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going
message to themselves
when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field.

I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a
script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop
this.
I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not
convinced.

There's gotta be a way.

Thanks
Raj Bambrah

0
RBambrah (1)

Why not let them do whatever they damn well please?

Raj Bambrah wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4.
>
> I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going
> message to themselves
> when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field.
>
> I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a
> script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop
> this.
> I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not
> convinced.
>
> There's gotta be a way.
>
> Thanks
> Raj Bambrah

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Outlook 2003 -- Always display BCC on new messages?
Hi all; anyone know how to always display the BCC field on every new message composed, you know, make it the default to display the BCC field? I've played around with forms editing but none of my efforts, which were little more than shots in the dark, have produced the desired results. Thanks, Lucee I forgot to add; when composing a new message, on the View menu the option to check the BCC field is not there as it was in Outlook XP :-( "BVIPrincess" <eecul62@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23hS3euE$EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Hi all; anyone know how to...

Send/Recieve error in Outlook 2003
I recently upgraded one of uor machines from Office 2002 to Office 2003. All was well, excep Outlook started doing very strange things. It will send mail just fine, but when it recieves it will download the first two or three then freeze up and go "Not Responding". So, I close it down and reopen it, hit Send/Receive again and it grabs the first two or three messages it downloaded already and relpicates them in the inbox. Then it freezes up again. I tried running the "repair" feature off of the Office 2003 cd and reinstalling the whole suite but had no luck. ...

Users not showing up All Users

Preview of Messages slow after changing TIME on PC
I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I could click on any message in any folder and it displayed instantly. Then I noticed that the time on my PC was wrong ( 12 hours ) so I changed it. Now when it takes 4-5 seconds to display the message. Changing the time back does not fix the problem. HELP Please..... Found it in Newgroup. Yes, is is fixed by disabling Instant Messenger in Outlook. BUT, it can also be fixed by ALLOWing Instant messenger to run in background. >-----Original Message----- >I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I >could click on...

user breakpoint

New Message Placed in Outbox, but not italicized for Sending
When I create a "new message" and click send, the message is placed in the Outbox but is not italicized and therefore won't send. I have to open the message in the Outbox and reclick send before it appears italicized and will send. Thanks for anyone's help Look for a 3rd party addin that is trying to work with mail items. (e.g. ICQ used to install an addin into Outlook that would do exactly what you describe. The addin was found under tools | options | other | advanced options | com addins.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account ...

Send/Receive not working .. Exchange to Pop3 problem?
I've done a search on this newsgroup, and found many with similar problems, but none with an answer that works for me. One of my users has brought in his own laptop from his old company, which used Outlook 2002 using MS Exchange. We've been able to set him up for an account on our POP3 server, and everything works great except automatic send and receive. I've searched the MS knowledge base, and there was a solution for "corrupted S/R Groups" to copy the "Send/Receive Group" into a new group and un-enable the old group .. that didn't do the trick. The onl...

Cannot Send to Mail Enabled Group
Suddenly, and without warning, I am having problems sending mail to mail enabled groups. I don't know what could have happened but every time someone sends an email to a group, it goes nowhere... there doesn't seem to be any errors. The sender doesn't receive an error, there is no mail stuck in the queue. There don't seem to be any errors in the Event Logs... but the recepiants don't get the email. This seems to be happening with every single one of my groups now. -- Alan Coleman Network & Database Administrator St. Joseph's Villa I've also discovred t...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Message Mapping Question
Hi, I have Component One flexgrid control on one MFC app. I derived a class called MyGrid from the CVSFlexgrid ( wrapper class generated by vc++.net IDE ) to deal with some custom functions which are common to all the grids in the app. Now I want to intercept the right mouse button up event in the MYGrid class, do some processing and pass it on, so that if a event handler for this event is present in the dialog contanining the control some further processing is done else not. Something like ON_CONTROL_REFLECT. I implemented ON_CONTROL_REFLECT for windows common controls like combo boxe...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

send / recv
I am running MS Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange server. The connection is thru http interface (RPC) and not thru TCP/IP. I notice that send/recv takes inordinately long time. I see the send/recv icon for 20-30 minutes. What exactly is send/recv meant for? SQL Server DBA <sqlsdba@gmail.com> wrote: > I am running MS Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange server. The > connection is thru http interface > (RPC) and not thru TCP/IP. If it's using HTTP, it's running TCP/IP. TCP/IP is a networking protocol. HTTP is not. -- Brian Tillman ...

Problem sending mail from Access
Multiple users with copies of the same FE in A2007 and Outlook 2007. All on Windows XP. One user cannot send mail from Access with Embedded Macros or SendObject Method. SendObject returns error 2293. Nothin on this in Help. Embedded Macro method returns error: "Before attepting to send an e mail message, resolve the problem identified in the previous message, or configure your computer to send and receive e mail messages." There is no "previous message" Outlook is working fine when opened on it own. Problem occurs only when sending from Access. Any help? Typica...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...