Users receiving 4 email notificattions that their mailboxes are over the IS size limit

What would cause 4 instead of 1 messages to be sent?

Thanks for any info,
Dan

0
dan2792 (6)

Dan,

I'm guessing that you have your mailbox management process running 4 times.

These instructions are for E2003. Right-click on your server name,
choose properties, then select the Mailbox Management tab, click
Customize and see which slots you have selected for the process to run.

HTH

Dan wrote:
> What would cause 4 instead of 1 messages to be sent?
>
> Thanks for any info,
> Dan

In the schedule property page, you probably selected the block using the
hour view instead of the 15 minute view, so it's running four times in that
hour.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Dan" <dan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What would cause 4 instead of 1 messages to be sent?
>
> Thanks for any info,
> Dan

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/21/2007 8:40:02 PM
Thanks for the quick feedback.  I checked the Schedule Property page and I
had it set at the 15 minute view and it was supposed to run at 2am.  These
messages are being sent at the following times:

11pm
11:15pm
11:30pm
11:45pm

I setup the Issue Warning limit for my mailbox to a lower number than the
size of my mailbox on the server that my mailbox is hosted on.  I receiived
the 4 messages last night about my mailbox size exceeding system limits.  Is
there another place that Mailbox Limit notifications are setup at?

Thanks,
Dan

BTW - You signature say's "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick
backups!".  We currenttly utilize bricklevel backups nightly/weekly/monthly
for our servers as management has dictated the ability to be able to
retrieve a person's accidentily deleted email at any time.  What alternative
would you suggest to still achieve the goal set by upper management?

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> In the schedule property page, you probably selected the block using the
> hour view instead of the 15 minute view, so it's running four times in
> that hour.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Dan" <dan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> What would cause 4 instead of 1 messages to be sent?
>>
>> Thanks for any info,
>> Dan

0
dan2792 (6)
3/22/2007 2:00:56 PM
Disregard my last post.  I found where to change it.  I was checking the
Mailbox Management tab scheduling on the properties of the server instead of
the Mailbox Store.

I'm still curious about your recommendations concerning replacements for
Bricklevel backups.

Thanks both of you,
Dan

> Thanks for the quick feedback.  I checked the Schedule Property page and I
> had it set at the 15 minute view and it was supposed to run at 2am.  These
> messages are being sent at the following times:
>
> 11pm
> 11:15pm
> 11:30pm
> 11:45pm
>
> I setup the Issue Warning limit for my mailbox to a lower number than the
> size of my mailbox on the server that my mailbox is hosted on.  I
> receiived the 4 messages last night about my mailbox size exceeding system
> limits.  Is there another place that Mailbox Limit notifications are setup
> at?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan
>
> BTW - You signature say's "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick
> backups!".  We currenttly utilize bricklevel backups
> nightly/weekly/monthly for our servers as management has dictated the
> ability to be able to retrieve a person's accidentily deleted email at any
> time.  What alternative would you suggest to still achieve the goal set by
> upper management?
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>> In the schedule property page, you probably selected the block using the
>> hour view instead of the 15 minute view, so it's running four times in
>> that hour.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Dan" <dan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> What would cause 4 instead of 1 messages to be sent?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any info,
>>> Dan

0
dan2792 (6)
3/22/2007 7:50:44 PM
Deleted Item Recovery and Deleted Mailbox Recovery.  Anything that ages out
of those is a great opportunity for you to test your backup tapes and
disaster recovery procedures.
--

> Disregard my last post.  I found where to change it.  I was checking the
> Mailbox Management tab scheduling on the properties of the server instead
> of the Mailbox Store.
>
> I'm still curious about your recommendations concerning replacements for
> Bricklevel backups.
>
> Thanks both of you,
> Dan
>
> "Dan" <dan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the quick feedback.  I checked the Schedule Property page and
>> I had it set at the 15 minute view and it was supposed to run at 2am.
>> These messages are being sent at the following times:
>>
>> 11pm
>> 11:15pm
>> 11:30pm
>> 11:45pm
>>
>> I setup the Issue Warning limit for my mailbox to a lower number than the
>> size of my mailbox on the server that my mailbox is hosted on.  I
>> receiived the 4 messages last night about my mailbox size exceeding
>> system limits.  Is there another place that Mailbox Limit notifications
>> are setup at?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dan
>>
>> BTW - You signature say's "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick
>> backups!".  We currenttly utilize bricklevel backups
>> nightly/weekly/monthly for our servers as management has dictated the
>> ability to be able to retrieve a person's accidentily deleted email at
>> any time.  What alternative would you suggest to still achieve the goal
>> set by upper management?
>>

>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>>> In the schedule property page, you probably selected the block using the
>>> hour view instead of the 15 minute view, so it's running four times in
>>> that hour.
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley
>>> MVP - Exchange
>>> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>>>
>>> "Dan" <dan@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
curspice6401 (3487)

New to User Forms

email Merge in MS Word 2008 #3
Hi, I keep being told that Microsoft Word in MS Office 2008 for Mac can do an email version of a form letter provided you were also using the corresponding version of MS Entourage as your email program. (By and by, I am). I am running OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard on an iMac 20". The help files in MS Word seem hopelessly inadequate. They do not mention email merging. I assume I am supposed to find the tool in the mail merge manager under the tools menu, but under create new, I only find four options: Letter, Envelope, Label and Catalog. There seems to be no entry for email, not even a greye...

unable to create a link in email
hi, how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my documents\How to blade.doc thanks I really don't know, but even if you could, the recipient couldn't see it. It's on your computer. The only way is to attach the file to your message. I would also suggest that your create a PDF so that recipients that don't have Word can read it. Win2PDF at http://www.win2pdf.com or PrimoPDF at http://www.primopdf.com "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1106799740.913670.178870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > hi, > how can i creat...

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

Users Shared Folders

Footer #4
Is there a way to put a footer into page of my 10 page spreadsheet. I just want the footer to appear only on page one. Only possible with VBA Mary Adapt this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header If you need help post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dc101c49a92$ddf35130$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to put a footer into page of my 10 page > spreadsheet. I just want the footer to appear only on > page one. ...

2007 How do I copy emails to CD?
-- Lee Jeffries Insuramax, Inc. Louisville, KY 40 Users,TAM 9.3, fax@dvantage6.2, ETFile4.3 "Lee Jeffries" <leej@insuramax.com> wrote in message news:%2382Z1SSCJHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Nothing Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question, not just in the subject line. Thank you. Posted here almost once a day: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx more info here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm HTH ...

Column Re-sizing
Office 2007 Beta --- each time I open an Excel spreadsheet, all of the columns have been re-sized. Normally 4 to 5 times their assigned widths. Manual re-formatting is necessary but when the workbook is saved, closed and re-opened, the column widths are re-sized again. I need a little guidance! JimPat Could be a Before-open, or Before-close macro is re-sizing them? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Jim" wrote: > Office 2007 Beta --- each time I open an Excel spreadsheet, all of the > columns have been re-sized. Normally 4 to 5 times their assigned widths. > Manual...

Mailbox name does not resolve?
I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no issue except one user. I am using Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 on all desktops. In outlook I enter the server name and mail box name in both full name and alias form and neither will resolve. The machine connects through file sharing to the exchange box with no problem. I have deleted the box and readded it and it still does not work. David Lewis <*@*.*> wrote in news:e7rig0he6c4h4t16jn3v6bjp1pt673hnhn@4ax.com: > I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no > issue except one user. I...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

unwanted background in received emails
I am about to pull my hair out! I am using Outlook XP on a Windows XP machine. All of a sudden every email I receive from multiple users comes in with a gray background. Even if I send an email to myself and the background looks white in the email I send, it still shows up gray when I open the email. How do I stop this? What's interesting is if I change my Mail Format option within Outlook to send plain text emails, this does not happen. It seems to happen if the option is HTML or Rich Text. However, it's a little unrealistic to have everyone who sends me an email change to t...

can't print embedded picture in email
Why can't I print embedded picture in email? A red x is printed instead of the picture. I have checked security settings but to no avail. It's interesting to note that on two other computers, there is no issue. The computer in question is running Outlook 2003 SP1, W2K SP3. What could be the problem? LF Are you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious he...

Users not showing up All Users

Restore Mailboxs With First Strage Group Restore
Greetings All, I'm a bit confused about backup and restores done with NTBackup on Exchange 2003. I'm able to create backups without any error. I'm also able to restore with out any error. However, lets say I have 10 mail boxs and I do a backup. I then delete and purge 5 of those mail boxes after my backup. Now, I want to restore those 5 boxes so I dismount my stores and make sure "can be overwwitten" is checked. I then go to my NTbackup utill and choose to restore my first storage group (which is what I backed up) I check the option to remount the store after back ...

user breakpoint

Send/Receive not working .. Exchange to Pop3 problem?
I've done a search on this newsgroup, and found many with similar problems, but none with an answer that works for me. One of my users has brought in his own laptop from his old company, which used Outlook 2002 using MS Exchange. We've been able to set him up for an account on our POP3 server, and everything works great except automatic send and receive. I've searched the MS knowledge base, and there was a solution for "corrupted S/R Groups" to copy the "Send/Receive Group" into a new group and un-enable the old group .. that didn't do the trick. The onl...

Need User Name and Password

Text size #2
Hello friends, is there a way to change the default text size and the font for the incoming emails in OutlookXP, the email format is set to HTML with Word as the email editor. Appreciate your help. Thanks. ...

Date changes when email is read
I have recently moved to using Outlook 2003. When email first arrives (IMAP) it has the correct "Date" but as soon as I read the email (or do any action that removes the "unread status") the Date changes to what seems to be GMT. Is there some setting I am missing? I have checked my system timezone etc and this does seem correct. thanks ...

Business Alert #4
Is there a way to have a business alert set so that if a sales item has a profit of less than 5% or greater than 100% we can have an alert sent? LS, Yes You can set it up that way. You can create an Alert on Sales Transaction History Table using a formula that looks like this (you might want to change it a little if you want it for each sales line item, you need to capture the same from Sales Transaction Amounts History). However the question is against 5% or 100% of what you'd like that to be compared? Put that field in place of X. (SOP30200_T1.DOCAMNT - SOP30200_T1.EXTDCOST ) ...