Users not showing up All Users

Exchange 2k3 on a SBS 2k3 box.

I went in through AD Users+Computers, and created mailboxes for users.
Two days later, the mailboxes still don't show up in Exchange System
Admin-Recipients-All Addresses-All Users. As a matter of fact, the
mailboxes aren't showing anywhere, and we're not able to send mail
internally(external isn't a factor yet, as the box hasn't gone live).

Strange part is, is that if I right click on All Users-Properties, then
click on the Preview button under the General tab, all of the
users+mailboxes show up.

Is this normal?

And on a second note...what is the best 'pocket' admin guide for
Exchange 2k3/SBS2k3?

TIA

Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Administrator's Pocket Consultant (MS Press)
is pretty decent
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0735619786/104-4581339-4698305?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance

- How/where did you check mailboxes haven't been created? On the store?
- Is the mail attribute of the user populated? Also check in Email Addresses
tab of the user(s) - this indicates if RUS has run and stamped email
addresses.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Nathan Thomas Sr" <nathan_nospam_@mvp97.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 2k3 on a SBS 2k3 box.
>
> I went in through AD Users+Computers, and created mailboxes for users.
> Two days later, the mailboxes still don't show up in Exchange System
> Admin-Recipients-All Addresses-All Users. As a matter of fact, the
> mailboxes aren't showing anywhere, and we're not able to send mail
> internally(external isn't a factor yet, as the box hasn't gone live).
>
> Strange part is, is that if I right click on All Users-Properties, then
> click on the Preview button under the General tab, all of the
> users+mailboxes show up.
>
> Is this normal?
>
> And on a second note...what is the best 'pocket' admin guide for
> Exchange 2k3/SBS2k3?
>
> TIA

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
10/12/2005 10:05:15 PM
Thanks for your reply.

The Exchange tabs are available for the users in AD Users+Computers, and
all have information populated.

Where I'm not seeing the mailboxes, is on the Exchange servers System
Manager-Recipients-All Address Lists-All Users. No boxes show in there,
but if I check the properties of that folder and click the 'preview'
button, it shows them? Do they actually show up anywhere? I've heard
that they won't actually show up until they receive a 1st email?

I'm used to dealing w/ 5.5. 2k3 has me in an awfully good loop!

Bharat Suneja wrote:

> Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Administrator's Pocket Consultant (MS Press)
> is pretty decent
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0735619786/104-4581339-4698305?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance
>
> - How/where did you check mailboxes haven't been created? On the store?
> - Is the mail attribute of the user populated? Also check in Email Addresses
> tab of the user(s) - this indicates if RUS has run and stamped email
> addresses.

Doh...ok...I was looking in the wrong place.
Rebooting the server now to check out some other issues, then running
the Best Practices tool while I run out to Borders to get that book and
the SBS companion.

Thanks again

Nathan Thomas Sr wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> The Exchange tabs are available for the users in AD Users+Computers, and
> all have information populated.
>
> Where I'm not seeing the mailboxes, is on the Exchange servers System
> Manager-Recipients-All Address Lists-All Users. No boxes show in there,
> but if I check the properties of that folder and click the 'preview'
> button, it shows them? Do they actually show up anywhere? I've heard
> that they won't actually show up until they receive a 1st email?
>
> I'm used to dealing w/ 5.5. 2k3 has me in an awfully good loop!
>
> Bharat Suneja wrote:
>

>>Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Administrator's Pocket Consultant (MS Press)
>>is pretty decent
>>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0735619786/104-4581339-4698305?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance
>>
>>- How/where did you check mailboxes haven't been created? On the store?
>>- Is the mail attribute of the user populated? Also check in Email Addresses
>>tab of the user(s) - this indicates if RUS has run and stamped email
>>addresses.

Hello

For the Mailboxes to Show up in the Exchange System manager under the
Mailbox store\Mailboxes, Atleast Test mail need to be Sent to Users that are
created newly

Anil Punjabi
"Nathan Thomas Sr" <nathan_nospam_@mvp97.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 2k3 on a SBS 2k3 box.
>
> I went in through AD Users+Computers, and created mailboxes for users.
> Two days later, the mailboxes still don't show up in Exchange System
> Admin-Recipients-All Addresses-All Users. As a matter of fact, the
> mailboxes aren't showing anywhere, and we're not able to send mail
> internally(external isn't a factor yet, as the box hasn't gone live).
>
> Strange part is, is that if I right click on All Users-Properties, then
> click on the Preview button under the General tab, all of the
> users+mailboxes show up.
>
> Is this normal?
>
> And on a second note...what is the best 'pocket' admin guide for
> Exchange 2k3/SBS2k3?
>
> TIA

0
punj.anil (5)

CRM and Users Roles
Hello, ...

Create user Wizard / Login Control
Good Evening everyone, Just wondering if someone can help with my problem. I created an ASP website using VB ( all in VS 2008), I created a Create User page and added a Create User Wizard Control, and I also created a second page that has a Login Control, once logged in the user is redirected to a Members page. Eveything works fine on the computer I created this on and it works on every computer I have copied it to and worked on thru VS. I wanted to put on a webserver to view in actual production, I just copied the folder with solution and all other files onto a flash drive ...

Some text boxes on an embedded chart do not show up
Why is it that the last one or two text boxes on an embedded chart do not display when I click outside the chart area? I am using 16 text boxes on a chart instead of the legend as it makes it easier to read. I then select an area that includes the chart and copy it to Paint (see note 1), where I save it as a JPG as I want to load it onto the web. The Excel file and the JPG file can be found at the following links http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombardm/TBracegraph20080705.xls http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/lombardm/TBracegraph20080705.JPG Why is it that the last one or two tex...

New Users are not appearing in GAL
We've got SBS 2003 standard, just recently when we have created new users their details are not appearing in the Global Address List. In Exchange Manager when you browse the address lists and click Preview, the new users appear, though they still do not being published to the clients. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be a great help. What version of outlook are you using? Have you checked to see if they appear when accessing through OWA? "Sedgwick" wrote: > We've got SBS 2003 standard, just recently when we have created new users > their details are not ...

Why Notes in Contact detail view now shows a timeline of inputs?
I use Outlook 2007 on Vista. Recently, my Notes section of the detailed address view is showing a greyed out timeline of input and repeats the input. How can I avoid this? -- Thank You! What is the input? Is it address and phone info and are you using the social connector? That's a "feature" of it, at least with the sharepoint provider enabled. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

Prevent users forwarding to external address
Anyone have any ideas how we can prevent users from setting up a rule to forward messages to an external address (like their home ISP)? We forbid this but need a way to enforce it. In Exchange System Manager, go to the Internet Message Formats object found in the Global Settings node. Here you will find an option to disallow automatic forwards to the Internet. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Colin M. Smith" <mark@netrends.com> wrote in message news:uSWtZGxlFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > An...

WMP sees sync devices differently by user??
I am experienceing unusual behavior with WMP11. I am running Windows XP-MCE with SP3, and a Sandisk Sansa c240, all firmware and software up-to-date. I have 3 user accounts set up on the machine - 2 administrative and 1 limited. The Sansa is recognized as an MTP device, and appears as a portable device in explorer, and device manager under both administrative accounts. However, WMP only sees it under one of the administrative accounts (the one I'd prefer not to use). - When connected, the WMP instance in questions briefly displays "Sansa c240 detected" in the b...

Excel validation drop-down: how show codes with descriptive info?
When creating drop downs in Excel (e.g., through Data Validation) is there any way to show a code along with descriptive info so that the code can be entered into the cell, but the descriptive info provides the user with an explanation of the code when they click the drop-down? If you can use programming, there's a sample workbook on my web site that shows a product name and code in the Data Validation dropdown list. After an item is selected, the cell shows only the product name. You could adapt this to your workbook. On the following page: http://www.contextures.com/excelfile...

Exchange user remote keeps geting 503 errors
I've got a sales rep out on vacation - he brought his office laptop with him (outlook 2003). We have Exchange 2003 back in the office and before he left we set his earthlink account (POP) to be his default. He's authenticating to the POP server to sent out but keeps gettings on 4/26/2006 5:44 PM 503 No recipient(s). errors. Any thoughts you may have out there? Thanks, Brad What smtp addresses are you mailboxes stamped with? Any non-routable like user@domain.local? Nue "Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer28@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:mjW3g.76782...

Add New User but no Mailbox created
To anyone be able to assist, We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain as the new user. My problems are that:- 1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:- "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." also 2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I check the &quo...

Sendinng mail showing a different sender's name
Hi, At my work, we use Outlook 2000. I have my normal email mailbox address andre@companyname.com , but I also have access to another mailbox "info@companyname.com" When I send emails, the mesage always automatically shows the sender as "andre@companyname.com" Is there a way to set the default sender to "info@companyname.com " so that the receiver sees that name and not "andre". I do not want to individually modify each email sent using the "FROM" feature, as this would be time consuming. In my Outlook on my personnal computer, I know h...

Deleting Exchange user accounts & Home folders
Hi, When deleting an Exchange user in ESM would it automatically delete the mapped home folder for that user (mapped in the Profile tab)? We currently create a folder in a shared datastore folder so that each user can save work on the server Personally, I feel deleting an exchange user account will not delete the home folder. I guess I will have to delete the home folder manually? Thanks, PL You are correct - it will not delete the home folder. Instead of doing it manually you could probably find or create a cleanup script to run once in a while that removes the orphaned folders. ...

TimeStamp & User Modified for Budget
There are no Date/TimeStamp or User Modified fields for Budget data. There is no way of knowing who/when numbers were posted. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mi...

HELP!
We are experiencing a weird problem: Outlook 2003 is downloading email from a POP3 server, but then nothing is showing up the user's Inbox. This does not affect all users. Our setup is as follows: User has POP3 account User has Exchange account Delivery is set to "Mailbox - Username" (the Exchange PST) I can verify that messages are on the POP3 server waiting to be picked up. Clicking "Send/Receive" pops the messages off the server, but nothing shows up in the user's Inbox. I have verified that user has no filters set; there are also no deliver...

Page won't show whole document unit you scroll
When I open a Excel 2007 document or Outlook 2007 evrything won't show on the page until I scroll down. I mean in excel it will only show about the first 10 lines or so, then if you move the mouse down then the whole page will show up. I have played with the refresh rate. I am out of ideas on how to fix. I work with the US Army and have about 5 machines that are doing the same thing. ...

SQL-Dynamics V10 Users
I have some messy stuff going on with Dynamics and SQL users. I have users that are users in the databases, but not in Dynamics, and users in Dynamics that are not in SQL. Is there a script or anything to run to straighten this out? Right now it is manual process where I have to go user by user, check in dynamics and which companies they use, then go to SQL and check each database... Any suggestions? -- Doug Why can't you do this through the user interface? Did you resore a backup of Dynamics of something? As far as I know, the only way to create a GP login is to do it throu...

I have a user in the system but for some reason he isnt in the GAL
We are using Exchange 2003 enterprise....... has the user been stamped with an email address? is he hidden? "STapley" <STapley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:755930B7-28CF-470F-A3AF-E03A6D08D249@microsoft.com... > We are using Exchange 2003 enterprise....... ...

Asking a user for information and then inserting a row with that information
Hello, I'm trying to create a VBA Macro where the user presses a button on a spreadsheet which will start a userform. The userform will ask the user for specific data regarding a spreadsheet with the following data: Row Acct Seq Acct-Descr 1 4111 Stuff 2 4112 Stu 3 4112 1 Stuff 4 4112 2 Stuff2 5 4112 3 Stuff3 6 4113 Stuffs 7 4114 Stuffed The Row # is the rows normally displayed in Excel on the very left. I would like to the form to ask what Row # the user would like to insert ABOVE, what # they want in the acct #, what # they want for a se...

Labels in user forms
Hi group, In a Userform, can the label (where you enter text) show the result of a formula so that the message changes depending on the formula? Or is there a way to do this in another way if the label can't do that? Rob Rob , I assume that you mean a textbox not label, as that is where you enter text. One way could be to trap the Calculate event for the sheet that your formula is on and update the text box from there, something like Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() UserForm1.TextBox1.Text = Range("A1") End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole H...

Limit on number of users for a shared workbook?
Win2k Office XP Is there a known limit on the number of users working simultaneously on a shared workbook? I'm aware of the conflict resolution scenario, I'm just curious to know if (according to MS) there's a physical limit, or a point at which performance would degrade to an "unacceptable" level. Thanks, Rob ...

Automatically Import user information into a public folder
Is anyone aware of a 3rd party product to automatically import user information from Active Directory into a Exchange Public folder. We are currently using Exchange 2000 and Server 2000. What are you trying to accomplish? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Michael J. Davis" <mdavis@coxsmith.com> wrote in message news:Om15RWnLGHA.208@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of a 3rd party product to automatically import user > information from Active Directory into a Exchange Public f...

per-user delivery restrictions do not override global settings In
I have set the global delivery restrictions to 3MB, and most of the users are on default settings on their mailboxes. I have increased my send and receive limits to 10MB, and it will not send an e-mail out over the default size. But when I change the global restriction to "No Limit", it then allows me to send the message with the large attachment. Any ideas? What version of Exchange and exactly where you set global restriction? bob_french wrote: > I have set the global delivery restrictions to 3MB, and most of the users are > on default settings on their mailboxes. I...

Recalculation in excel2003 for some users
after upgrade to off2003, for some users after opening an xl-sheet, the sheet is not automatically recalculated (for other users it does!) we have removed users from active directory and local pc: first problem seemed to be solved, but it returned! -- fvsnl3071ma61 Go to Tools | Options | Calculation (tab) and ensure that Automatic recalculation is selected. If your user(s) open a workbook which has manual calculation specified in it, Excel will choose this setting for other workbooks opened in the same session. Hope this helps. Pete fransvanS wrote: > after upgrade to off2003, for...

Specific Time to Log Idle Users Off
I've implemented the following procedure using this guide - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b210297 Now my main thing is to have it to where it'll run after 7:00 pm - Is there a way to do this? Should the Database be closed, or opened? Should I run a macro to do this every evening before I leave for the day? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! That code shows how to shut down the database if the user hasn't used it for a specific period of time. It's not a macro that runs at a specific time: it's intended to be running all t...

User Rights / Permissions
Hi All We have a call out that based on business logic closes the appointment as completed, now this works fine for the admin user but when we use one of our sales users the call out throws an error saying user does not have the rights / permissions. Can anyone tell me which user permission controls the ability to close down an appointment as eith cancelled or completed. Our other option is to force the call out to user a different user with different permission, but I'd like to get this resolved Cheers Aly ! -- Alistair 2B.net http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk Hi, If user can ...