Users not on global address book

I have had some problems with users not being added to the global address
book.  I have gone in and checked their accounts to make sure they didn't
have the option of hide from address book checked.
It also happens on some contacts.
Some times if I delete them and add them back in, it works ok but lately I
have had 4 that I just can't get to come up.

Any ideas?

Harry Poorman
hpoorman@psu.edu

0
hpoorman (6)

Are you using Outlook 2003 Cached Mode clients? (Typically resolved by
regenerating Offline Address Book and having clients download the complete
OAB).
http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2005/11/new-user-does-not-show-up-in-gal.html

Are clients not using Cached Mode having the same issue?
Can these recipients be resolved when sending a messaging in Outlook Web
Access?
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"news.microsoft.com" <hpoorman@psu.edu> wrote in message
>I have had some problems with users not being added to the global address
>book.  I have gone in and checked their accounts to make sure they didn't
>have the option of hide from address book checked.
> It also happens on some contacts.
> Some times if I delete them and add them back in, it works ok but lately I
> have had 4 that I just can't get to come up.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Harry Poorman
> hpoorman@psu.edu

0
bharat3597 (1006)
12/19/2006 4:33:59 PM
Most of the blogs that you need on OAB can be found on my blog site.

--
Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Are you using Outlook 2003 Cached Mode clients? (Typically resolved by
> regenerating Offline Address Book and having clients download the complete
> OAB).
> http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2005/11/new-user-does-not-show-up-in-gal.html
>
> Are clients not using Cached Mode having the same issue?
> Can these recipients be resolved when sending a messaging in Outlook Web
> Access?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "news.microsoft.com" <hpoorman@psu.edu> wrote in message
>>I have had some problems with users not being added to the global address
>>book.  I have gone in and checked their accounts to make sure they didn't
>>have the option of hide from address book checked.
>> It also happens on some contacts.
>> Some times if I delete them and add them back in, it works ok but lately
>> I have had 4 that I just can't get to come up.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Harry Poorman
>> hpoorman@psu.edu

0
Dgoldman9268 (137)

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Business address change how to?
Using Money 2009 for Small Business. I need to change my business address (recently moved it) so the correct address show up on my invoices. Can't figure out how to do it. Also ... I lost my invoice template when I moved the program over to my laptop. I now have to save invoices to my desktop, and print them from there, in plain text, little formatting. When I try printing directly from the invoice screen, I just get blank invoices. Any help offered greatly appreciated. Thanks! James James | 2009-07-22 | 6:22:09 PM wrote: >Using Money 2009 for Small Business. I need to chan...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Cannot see full email address in From field
If a message is forwarded, I cannot see the email address from the original sender(s) or those CC'd. They show a displayed name. Is this a setting on my client or is it done on the sender's client? BTW, this happens on Outlook 2000 and 2003. Thanks, Francis ...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

Custom Recipient and Global Address List
Hi all I've been doing the exciting task of updating 7 Exchange 5.5 servers with custom recipients from each of the other Exchange servers manually!!! Exports and imports have been going very well. However, some of the users have been complaining that they are unable to reply to emails once the update has been done. Now i've come across this before and it is normally down to somebody having an entry in their PAB or contacts. One user is swearing blind that they do not have an entry in thier Contacts or PAB and is still getting an undeliverable when replying (but can pick the name f...

Sending a copy of each email that a user sends
We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? Have a look at this software www.exclaimer2000.com On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:41:08 -0800, Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user. >Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? This is very easy with Exchange 5.5. What version do you have? Rafael "...

security- users
hi all can anyone tell me this.. i want when someone opens the data base to asked for a user name and password. if the user name is for example "admin" (thats me) to have full access, can create,delete tables,create report etc. if the user name is "user1" to be able only for read, write ,add record ?? i prefered to do this by using the User and Group Permissions but any other suggestions are welcome.. thanks On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:54:01 -0800, Osyris <Osyris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Workgroup Security is an advanced topic. Do not attempt to use it un...

address list in excel need to get into outlook contacts
I am trying to get a spreadsheet full of contacts into outlook and outlook is not recognizing even after mapping. is ther a certain way to do the spreadsheet to get outlook to import correctly? You might try looking here: Microsoft.public.outlook Microsoft.public.outlook.contacts Microsoft.public.outlook.general Ed "mark odom" <metalroofing@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:042a01c3b23a$80f282d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to get a spreadsheet full of contacts into > outlook and outlook is not recognizing even after > mapping. is ther a certain w...

User in more than one user class?
Is it possible to add a user to more than one user class? We have a user who will temporarily need the accesses of another user class while retaining her current accesses. The only method I saw for adding the accesses is to do them individually for the user. Is there a better way to do this? Perhaps adding the user to the second user class temporarily or create a new user class with the accesses of the two classes in question? Thank you. For versions 9.0 and prior a user can only be in 1 security class at a time. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "d...

SMTP email address not created
We are running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 and we have just switched over to a new Domain Controller. Since we did that, when we create a new user within Active Directory (whether on the DC or the Exchange Server)their email address is not created. Everything else is working correctly, prior to removing our old domain controller email addresses were created fine. Is their an option or a setting that I have missed? In ESM go to Recipients-Recipient Update Service. In the right pane what Domain Controller is selected? If its your old DC, right click both RUS Services and selec...