I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.

Thanks
Jason
0
Griffith (2)

In news:9F836A43-98BF-435A-AA43-AFF10124BE3F@microsoft.com,
Jason Griffith <Jason Griffith@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange
> 2003 server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox
> for exchange, once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go
> into the properties of the user account adn go to the exchange email
> address tab, there isnt an smtp or an x.400 address listed. I am
> having to manually create and add these, adn then go delete the
> exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying and would
> love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>
> Thanks
> Jason

Event logs giving you errors? Recipient update service running?
The lack of mailbox upon creation is normal behavior. The mailbox itself
isn't created till it's used - receives/sends mail, is opened in a client,
etc. Don't muck around with the SMTP addresses; if the mailbox isn't getting
stamped with an address after a reasonable period of time after you create
it, see what's going on with the RUS.

0
lanwench (7567)
1/6/2006 4:17:43 AM
You may consider looking into AD replication issues or issues with the RUS
(recipient update service).
Both are important and the RUS is dependant of AD.  How is your AD?

Event logs are critical, start looking there and looking at KB articles.
--
Jonathan
No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>
> Thanks
> Jason
Typically its a permission issue.
--

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>
> Thanks
> Jason
You should look at this one.....http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286356/en-us

Exchange Recipient Update Service does not stamp proxy addresses in Exchange
2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003

I have used this often,

--

"Jonathan Norris" wrote:

> Typically its a permission issue.
> --
> Jonathan
> No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????
>

> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jason
Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>
> Thanks
> Jason
Are the users in the same OU, you should confirm that the users have security
inheritance enabled.  If you can't delegate rights to an object RUS can not
stamp it.
--

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jason
You might consider mail enabling the user too....

Right Click Create Mailbox....
--

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jason
Send them a test message - this forces Exchange to instantiate the
mailbox in the database, and RUS will then assign them addresses, and
the mailbox permissions will appear.

In news:1136545321.618387.205800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
google.com@realequity.co.uk <google.com@realequity.co.uk> typed:
> Send them a test message - this forces Exchange to instantiate the
> mailbox in the database, and RUS will then assign them addresses, and
> the mailbox permissions will appear.

That isn't necessary. The RUS should be updating the object with an SMTP
address (etc)
You can't send someone a message if they don't have an email address!

0
lanwench (7567)
1/6/2006 2:39:50 PM
I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any errors
in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are different
for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created. The
new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions to
this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?

My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I have
other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
creating the mailbox.

I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted the
Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted this
server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.

Jim

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jason
0
JimUSACE (3)
1/9/2006 7:56:03 PM
I had a similar problem a while ago - I managed to track it down to the
permissions applying to the user object in ADUC.  The OU that the user was
created in had screwed up permissions and the user object itself wasn't
inherriting permissions.

When I moved the user into a different OU and set it to inherit permissions
(set the view to advanced in MMC and then advanced on the secuirty tab of
the user object) RUS stamped the objects within a minute or two.

Tim

"Jim USACE" <JimUSACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any
>errors
> in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are
> different
> for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created.
> The
> new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions to
> this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?
>
> My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I
> have
> other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
> creating the mailbox.
>
> I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted
> the
> Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted
> this
> server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
> server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.
>
> Jim
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
>> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>>
>> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange
>> > 2003
>> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for
>> > exchange,
>> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the
>> > properties of
>> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt
>> > an smtp
>> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add
>> > these, adn
>> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really
>> > annoying
>> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Jason

0
timmy1 (38)
1/9/2006 8:11:45 PM
Jim/Jason

This is normal behavior so it should not be a problem. The SELF object is
permissions on the mailbox until the mailbox is accessed via a client or an
email received for that client. At that time the correct permissions will be
applied.

The mailbox should be there regardless of whether or not you see it in
Exchange Manager. Have you ever just tried to logon onto Exchange via OWA or
Outlook? If the user/mailbox user creation did not generate any errors you
should be able to assuming of course that that installed Exchange System
Manager on the same computer as AD Users and Computers. ESM install the DLLs
required to interface with Exchange and if it is not there then a mailbox
won't be created.

Nue
"Jim USACE" <JimUSACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any
>errors
> in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are
> different
> for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created.
> The
> new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions to
> this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?
>
> My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I
> have
> other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
> creating the mailbox.
>
> I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted
> the
> Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted
> this
> server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
> server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.
>
> Jim
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
>> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>>
>> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange
>> > 2003
>> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for
>> > exchange,
>> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the
>> > properties of
>> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt
>> > an smtp
>> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add
>> > these, adn
>> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really
>> > annoying
>> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Jason

0
imaneophyte (3005)
1/9/2006 8:17:18 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem but I think the RUS is involved, just because it is
responsible for stamping addresses and the showinaddressbook attribute
(thanks to technet experts!) .

The best way to analyse this bug is to activate some Exchange logs (right
click on your server, Diagnostics Logging tab, and select maximum logging for
MSExchangeSA/Proxy Generation and some others, (see KB
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822794/en-us )

Once it is done, restart the System Attendant service and rebuild the RUS.
Regards,

--
akiuni

"Jim USACE" wrote:

> I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any errors
> in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are different
> for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created. The
> new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions to
> this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?
>
> My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I have
> other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
> creating the mailbox.
>
> I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted the
> Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted this
> server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
> server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.
>
> Jim
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
> >
> > "Jason Griffith" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Jason
0
akiuni (3)
1/26/2006 9:47:06 AM
When a mailbox is created in AD, it does not get created in the store until
the user logon and a mail was sent to the new mailbox.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272153

"akiuni" <akiuni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem but I think the RUS is involved, just because it
> is
> responsible for stamping addresses and the showinaddressbook attribute
> (thanks to technet experts!) .
>
> The best way to analyse this bug is to activate some Exchange logs (right
> click on your server, Diagnostics Logging tab, and select maximum logging
> for
> MSExchangeSA/Proxy Generation and some others, (see KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822794/en-us )
>
> Once it is done, restart the System Attendant service and rebuild the RUS.
> Regards,
>

> --
> akiuni
>

> "Jim USACE" wrote:
>
>> I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any
>> errors
>> in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are
>> different
>> for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created.
>> The
>> new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions
>> this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?
>>
>> My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I
>> have
>> other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
>> creating the mailbox.
>>
>> I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted
>> the
>> Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted
>> this
>> server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
>> server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>>
>> > Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.

0
Yukon (40)

New to User Forms

Outlook profile not created on login
Hi, I have a .mst file that I have already setup in a batch file that I use to install Office 2000 on Terminal Servers/Metaframe Servers. I've used this many times in the past. I just built 2 new servers and one of them does not populate the Outlook settings for new users. By settings I mean the exchange server name, name, personal folder location, etc. The settings for Word, Excel, Powerpoint are there though. I then uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled it and get the same thing. I looked in the registry and the NewProf key is there with all the correct settings in it. ...

Users Shared Folders

unable to create a link in email
hi, how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my documents\How to blade.doc thanks I really don't know, but even if you could, the recipient couldn't see it. It's on your computer. The only way is to attach the file to your message. I would also suggest that your create a PDF so that recipients that don't have Word can read it. Win2PDF at http://www.win2pdf.com or PrimoPDF at http://www.primopdf.com "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1106799740.913670.178870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > hi, > how can i creat...

Mailbox name does not resolve?
I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no issue except one user. I am using Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 on all desktops. In outlook I enter the server name and mail box name in both full name and alias form and neither will resolve. The machine connects through file sharing to the exchange box with no problem. I have deleted the box and readded it and it still does not work. David Lewis <*@*.*> wrote in news:e7rig0he6c4h4t16jn3v6bjp1pt673hnhn@4ax.com: > I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no > issue except one user. I...

Help with creating database
I'm a recent college graduate at a new job. I am trying to help my company move a report that is currently done in Excel into Access. To help you better understand my goal I will try to describe my business and the nature of this report as briefly as possible. We are a clothing designer. All of our product is produced in factories overseas and delievered to our clients in the U.S. Our W.I.P. report is currently in Excel. It's purpose is to give us an up-to-date picture of what part of the production line our products are currently in. Information on this report inclu...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Restore Mailboxs With First Strage Group Restore
Greetings All, I'm a bit confused about backup and restores done with NTBackup on Exchange 2003. I'm able to create backups without any error. I'm also able to restore with out any error. However, lets say I have 10 mail boxs and I do a backup. I then delete and purge 5 of those mail boxes after my backup. Now, I want to restore those 5 boxes so I dismount my stores and make sure "can be overwwitten" is checked. I then go to my NTbackup utill and choose to restore my first storage group (which is what I backed up) I check the option to remount the store after back ...

Creating a 7.5 Test Environment
Currently, I have a Production Great Plains 7.5 environment with some Custom Code, an EFT Module and a Third Party add-on for the Project Accounting Piece. I need to build out a TEST environment so that I can test a 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade. I'm not sure how exactly to go about it. What I was THINKING that I need to do is perform an out-of-the-box install for Great Plains and the Thrid Party PA Module then create my Companies in Great Plains and then replace the GREATPLAINS program folder on my test box with the one from the Production box and then restore my Production Dynamics and...

mailbox manager Policy
Is there a way to a schedule mailbox rentention policy that will only run email deletion every first of the month? On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:35:01 -0700, paz <paz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to a schedule mailbox rentention policy that will only run >email deletion every first of the month? Not really. Its by the day/week in the custom schedule isnt it? Yeah. Do you know of any tweak or exchange tool that can provide similar capability? thank you "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:35:01 -0700, paz <paz@discussions.microso...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

more then 20 mailboxes
Which component of Outlook seems to cause the problem (Calendar, Inbox, Deleted Items, etc.)? more then 20 Mailboxes Please give a detailed description of the problem (error message, behavior): I use in my Outlook more than 20 Mailboxes. So I can manage all incomming mails. But the mailbox-names are unsorted. So I need a lot of time to find the right inbox. Is it possible that I can sort the mailboxes after the name? Which troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? nothing, I would like to sort the mailing-boxes. Have you installed new software or hardware or changed something else on you...

Creating a Distribution List in OUTLOOK 2007
Hello, Is there a way to create a DISTRIBUTION LIST in OUTLOOK 2007 that contains contacts with a specific feature WITHOUT adding members one by one? E.g., I need a distribution list of all contacts whose e-mail address is in a particular domain. The following sequence DOES NOT work: CONTACTS ---> ACTIONS ---> NEW DISTRIBUTION LIST ---> SELECT MEMBERS ----> SEARCH (MORE COLUMNS) When I entered the domain name in the search window, I got no results. Thus, OUTLOOK did not search the entries of the e-mail addresses. Thank you for your help. ATK "...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

Controlled Mailbox access via EXchange server
Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example someone's else's calender without giving the usual full mailbox access rights? Abiola Sonubi wrote: > Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it > possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange > administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example > someone's else's calender without giving the usual full ...

OWA and logging onto different mailboxes
With Exchange 5.5 OWA it was possible to connect to any mailbox and then enter userid and password. For example, at the inital web page I could enter "Support" as the mailbox and click the "Login" button, then enter my username and password in the dialog box that pops up. In this way I could connect to any generic/resource/shared/user mailbox I have permission to view. With Exchange Server 2003 OWA I don't seem to have that option. With only a Username and Password field to determine the mailbox, I can only connect to my mailbox. Q: How do I connect to other mailboxe...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...