I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.

Thanks
Jason
0
Griffith (2)

In news:9F836A43-98BF-435A-AA43-AFF10124BE3F@microsoft.com,
Jason Griffith <Jason Griffith@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange
> 2003 server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox
> for exchange, once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go
> into the properties of the user account adn go to the exchange email
> address tab, there isnt an smtp or an x.400 address listed. I am
> having to manually create and add these, adn then go delete the
> exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying and would
> love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>
> Thanks
> Jason

Event logs giving you errors? Recipient update service running?
The lack of mailbox upon creation is normal behavior. The mailbox itself
isn't created till it's used - receives/sends mail, is opened in a client,
etc. Don't muck around with the SMTP addresses; if the mailbox isn't getting
stamped with an address after a reasonable period of time after you create
it, see what's going on with the RUS.

0
lanwench (7567)
1/6/2006 4:17:43 AM
You may consider looking into AD replication issues or issues with the RUS
(recipient update service).
Both are important and the RUS is dependant of AD.  How is your AD?

Event logs are critical, start looking there and looking at KB articles.
--
Jonathan
No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>
> Thanks
> Jason
Typically its a permission issue.
--

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>
> Thanks
> Jason
You should look at this one.....http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286356/en-us

Exchange Recipient Update Service does not stamp proxy addresses in Exchange
2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003

I have used this often,

--

"Jonathan Norris" wrote:

> Typically its a permission issue.
> --
> Jonathan
> No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????
>

> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jason
Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>
> Thanks
> Jason
Are the users in the same OU, you should confirm that the users have security
inheritance enabled.  If you can't delegate rights to an object RUS can not
stamp it.
--

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jason
You might consider mail enabling the user too....

Right Click Create Mailbox....
--

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jason
Send them a test message - this forces Exchange to instantiate the
mailbox in the database, and RUS will then assign them addresses, and
the mailbox permissions will appear.

In news:1136545321.618387.205800@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
google.com@realequity.co.uk <google.com@realequity.co.uk> typed:
> Send them a test message - this forces Exchange to instantiate the
> mailbox in the database, and RUS will then assign them addresses, and
> the mailbox permissions will appear.

That isn't necessary. The RUS should be updating the object with an SMTP
address (etc)
You can't send someone a message if they don't have an email address!

0
lanwench (7567)
1/6/2006 2:39:50 PM
I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any errors
in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are different
for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created. The
new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions to
this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?

My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I have
other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
creating the mailbox.

I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted the
Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted this
server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.

Jim

"Jason Griffith" wrote:

> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jason
0
JimUSACE (3)
1/9/2006 7:56:03 PM
I had a similar problem a while ago - I managed to track it down to the
permissions applying to the user object in ADUC.  The OU that the user was
created in had screwed up permissions and the user object itself wasn't
inherriting permissions.

When I moved the user into a different OU and set it to inherit permissions
(set the view to advanced in MMC and then advanced on the secuirty tab of
the user object) RUS stamped the objects within a minute or two.

Tim

"Jim USACE" <JimUSACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any
>errors
> in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are
> different
> for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created.
> The
> new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions to
> this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?
>
> My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I
> have
> other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
> creating the mailbox.
>
> I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted
> the
> Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted
> this
> server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
> server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.
>
> Jim
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
>> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>>
>> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange
>> > 2003
>> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for
>> > exchange,
>> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the
>> > properties of
>> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt
>> > an smtp
>> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add
>> > these, adn
>> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really
>> > annoying
>> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Jason

0
timmy1 (38)
1/9/2006 8:11:45 PM
Jim/Jason

This is normal behavior so it should not be a problem. The SELF object is
permissions on the mailbox until the mailbox is accessed via a client or an
email received for that client. At that time the correct permissions will be
applied.

The mailbox should be there regardless of whether or not you see it in
Exchange Manager. Have you ever just tried to logon onto Exchange via OWA or
Outlook? If the user/mailbox user creation did not generate any errors you
should be able to assuming of course that that installed Exchange System
Manager on the same computer as AD Users and Computers. ESM install the DLLs
required to interface with Exchange and if it is not there then a mailbox
won't be created.

Nue
"Jim USACE" <JimUSACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any
>errors
> in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are
> different
> for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created.
> The
> new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions to
> this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?
>
> My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I
> have
> other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
> creating the mailbox.
>
> I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted
> the
> Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted
> this
> server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
> server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.
>
> Jim
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
>> Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
>>
>> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange
>> > 2003
>> > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for
>> > exchange,
>> > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the
>> > properties of
>> > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt
>> > an smtp
>> > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add
>> > these, adn
>> > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really
>> > annoying
>> > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Jason

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/9/2006 8:17:18 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem but I think the RUS is involved, just because it is
responsible for stamping addresses and the showinaddressbook attribute
(thanks to technet experts!) .

The best way to analyse this bug is to activate some Exchange logs (right
click on your server, Diagnostics Logging tab, and select maximum logging for
MSExchangeSA/Proxy Generation and some others, (see KB
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822794/en-us )

Once it is done, restart the System Attendant service and rebuild the RUS.
Regards,

--
akiuni

"Jim USACE" wrote:

> I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any errors
> in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are different
> for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created. The
> new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions to
> this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?
>
> My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I have
> other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
> creating the mailbox.
>
> I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted the
> Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted this
> server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
> server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.
>
> Jim
>
> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>
> > Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.
> >
> > "Jason Griffith" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a problem that recently just started happening on my exchange 2003
> > > server. When i create a new user account and create the mailbox for exchange,
> > > once im done, the mailbox isnt created, adn if you go into the properties of
> > > the user account adn go to the exchange email address tab, there isnt an smtp
> > > or an x.400 address listed. I am having to manually create and add these, adn
> > > then go delete the exchange mailbox and recreate it. This is really annoying
> > > and would love to know if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Jason
0
akiuni (3)
1/26/2006 9:47:06 AM
When a mailbox is created in AD, it does not get created in the store until
the user logon and a mail was sent to the new mailbox.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272153

"akiuni" <akiuni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem but I think the RUS is involved, just because it
> is
> responsible for stamping addresses and the showinaddressbook attribute
> (thanks to technet experts!) .
>
> The best way to analyse this bug is to activate some Exchange logs (right
> click on your server, Diagnostics Logging tab, and select maximum logging
> for
> MSExchangeSA/Proxy Generation and some others, (see KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822794/en-us )
>
> Once it is done, restart the System Attendant service and rebuild the RUS.
> Regards,
>

> --
> akiuni
>

> "Jim USACE" wrote:
>
>> I am having the same problem. RUS is running and I am not getting any
>> errors
>> in the event logs. I have noticed that the Mailbox Permissions are
>> different
>> for the users that have working mailboxes and the new one that I created.
>> The
>> new user I created has SELF as the only object with Mailbox Permissions
>> this user account. Is this an AD problem or an Exchange issue?
>>
>> My username and email alias are different, but that shouldn't matter. I
>> have
>> other users that are set up that way and had no problems with Exchagne
>> creating the mailbox.
>>
>> I had this problem a month or so ago and it fixed itself when I rebooted
>> the
>> Exchange server, or that seemed to be the fix. However, I just rebooted
>> this
>> server 2 days ago; so this should not be the problem. I will reboot the
>> server again in the morning just to see if this fixes my problem.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> "Jason Griffith" wrote:
>>
>> > Yes RUS is running, i get no error messages in the event logs.

0
Yukon (40)

Deleting from another user's Mailbox
Hi I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service account mailbox) However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is transferred to User A's deleted items folder. I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted items folder and the item still is moved to UserA Any workaround/suggestions? Ian McCulloch Sydney, NS Canada Hy Ian, if "user A" delete an item in "user B" Mailbox, who deletes the item? I think it is "user A", so the item must be in the "Deleted items" folder of &...

Creating a new profile
My Outlook crashes everytime I send an email or anytime I try to use an email address look up. Detect and repair isn't working so I want to try creating a new profile but want to make sure I don't lose all my old emails. Does anyone know the step-by-step instructions on how to do this? thanks. "Bradj57" <Bradj57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB81E8CA-5DC7-4339-AE15-3783996E8368@microsoft.com... > My Outlook crashes everytime I send an email or anytime I try to use an > email > address look up. Detect and repair isn't...

Unable to create new exchnage users
Hi, I am having a problem creating two individual mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 server. We went live with Exchange in June with no problems and every new user that has started with the company has been set up successfully. On Tuesday I had a strange case where and employee had been off on long term sick returned to work. I re-enabled his account in AD and then went to create his exchange mailbox it seemed to work OK, however the recipient update service didn't create the mailbox/mail addresses. Due to other issues (someone cutting a fibre optic link) the problem got put on the ba...

Mailbox Management #6
Sorry for the repost - somehow my initial message got buried in the wrong topic. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I manage an exchange environment for a school at a university. Many of our faculty have very large mailboxes and like to keep their mail for ever. As silly as it may sound, I try to support this. My peferred configuration for these people is to auto-archive mail from the server into a .pst when it reaches some age then divide their pst files into years for permanent archiving. The benefits for this are obvious. The...

Sent Items using Outlook 2007 with Exchange mailbox + hotmail
Hi, I am currently using Outlook 2007 with an Exchange 2003 mailbox. I recently added my Hotmail mailbox so I don't need to go through IE for my personnal emails. Everytime I send and email, the sent email goes to both my exchange mailbox sent items AND in my Hotmail sent items. Since I am using hotmail for my personal communications, I'd like them to be added only in my Hotmail sent items. I don't want to mix up my personal and business communications. Is that possible? Regards. ...

How do I prevent users to delete a worksheet, but allow to edit?
How can I allow other users to update an workbook, but not to delete any tabs or existing information? Take a look at protect worksheet and protect workbook these both can be found in tools>protection. Use help to guide you the rest of the way. James "nb91386@yahoo.com" wrote: > How can I allow other users to update an workbook, but not to delete any tabs > or existing information? Protect the workbook. Tools|protection|Protect workbook Just leave Structure checked. (Users won't be able to rename or change the order of the worksheets, either.) But be aware that...

C00D11C7 on a ASF file under a less priviledged user account 01-27-10
Hello, Wanted to look at some ASF high quality videos from PDC09. I run XP SP3 fr with WMP 11. Files use VC-1 AP and WMA ,9 PRO as GSpot says, or 10 PRO CBR as the ASF metadata says; one example file is here: http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/pdc09/wmvhigh/FT34.wmv These files play when using a privileged (Local Administrators member) account. They play under GSpot in the preview panel running as a less privileged user. But they don't play in WMP 11 in the same account on the same machine. I searched this particular user registry hive for abnormal things (by comparing to the ...

Some users unable to send email externally
Hello I'm running exchange 2003 and for some reason it's not allowing certain users to send email via outlook express. The client is configured for imap/smtp and receives emails no problem. However, some user accounts have problems sending. Even the administrator account won't send. The username/password combinations are correct, looking in the smtp logs, nothing comes up other than 15:00:18 sendersipaddress EHLO - 250 15:00:21 sendersipaddress QUIT - 240 On the smtp virtual server properties, authentication tab, I have the following boxes checked Anonymous Access (this ...

'Create a copy (of worksheet)' not working ?
Trying to create a copy of a worksheet in same book at worksheet tabs, but after check 'Create a copy' in 'Move or copy' window, nothing is created. Suggestions ? -- Thanks again for your help. akm (XPpro,SP-2,IE-7,Office2003) I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but try ctrl-clicking the tab and dragging it to the right (or left). akm wrote: > > Trying to create a copy of a worksheet in same book at worksheet tabs, but > after check 'Create a copy' in 'Move or copy' window, nothing is created. > Suggestions ? > -- ...

Creating MFC child dialogs and windows in DLL.
Hi, I need to write some kind of plug-in, which are implemented as separate dll's. I already wrote a few plugins for this program using MFC and it worked ok, but now I need to create some GUI inside a plugin. I have an interface like that class IModule { public: virtual void ShowConfDialog( HWND hwndParent ) = 0; virtual HWND CreatePanel( HWND hwndParent ) =0; // create child window, position and size will be // controlled by a parent window. } But when creating a child windows in MFC I nee...

MailBox Status in ESM
We can output a text file of the MailBox status at MailBox under Server in the ESM, but...can anybody tell where can I find the data without clicking the outputfile choice. Because I need to get the status of everyone's MailBox periodically. Thanks Benjamin ...

Report
Hello, With CRM 3.0 : I want to create a report to know users'rights for a selected account. Account ZZZ : Read Write Delete User A Yes No No User B Yes Yes Yes User C No No No Account BBB : Read Write Delete User A No No No User B Yes No ...

Re-enabling a disabled user problem
Hello, On my Exchange server (SBS 2003, Exchange 2003), I was recently instructed to delete a couple of logins of people who left the company. I like to simply disable them for a while just in case we need to get back into their mailboxes. One one such user, it turns out he still needs to use his mailbox. I re-enabled him, but all subsequent emails are bounced back ("The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator."). How do I open up the mailbox to receive emai...

Users external email addresses
On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:57:01 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsof...

Trying to create a Sales Projection/Forecast/Estimate
I'm trying to create a estimated sales pace for the month at my restaurant from a chart that has our daily sales in it. The current chart has the following formula "=(C38/COUNT(C6:C36))*31" in cell C42. This formula takes cell C38 which is the TOTAL SALES for the month using the formula "=SUM(C6:C36)". This formula takes the DAILY SALES from C6 to C36 and obviously adds them up. Our daily sales vary greatly, as on the weekends we do double to triple our weekday business. Right now the formula is giving us the same number as our sales total for the month which ...

New gym manager needs templete to create group fitness schedule
Anyone have a templete that can be updated and changed easily for a gym group fitness schedule. Hi Terri, See Microsoft's free template offerings at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=fitness --- Regards, Norman "Terri" <Terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F7E1DD2-FB76-4D6E-AE2B-61711201F437@microsoft.com... > Anyone have a templete that can be updated and changed easily for a gym > group > fitness schedule. ...

Bug in creating new item in Purchase order module?
I noticed that items created in the purchase order module do not seem to be properly configured with their supplier. While the item window correctly displays the supplier, an items report that includes the supplier field does not include the new items with the designated supplier. On the other hand, any items created through the items menu appear correctly in the reports. Similarly, when barcode labels that include supplier name as one of the fields are printed, the supplier name appears for those items not created in the PO module. Those items created in the PO module do not display...

Creating attachments to emails
I would like to send Certificates of Attendance documents (PDF) to contacts using email merge. The data in each Certificate of Attendance is specific to the contact record. Can I attach the certificate to each individual record and then send an email with this attachent using CRM email merge? ------=_NextPart_0001_186A02C0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Fran, Thank you for your inquiry, I'm Don and I will be responding to your question. Out of the box, the feature to mail merge and include attachments from the contact or account is not available....

Reading mailbox items with minimum Exchange
Hi, I need a way to read mailbox data (through a program) from an unmounted store with minimal dependency on Exchange. The store is located (copied) on a Windows 2000 Server machine without Exchange installed yet. What I am seeking is a solution that does not effect the rest of active directory/network by creating duplicates or conflicts and does not require full fledged Exchange running i.e. ideally only few required Exchange Dlls installed. So, whats the best that could work in this scenario. Umar Hi Umar, if you're using Exchange 2K3 you could mount the store in the Recover...

3GB mailbox slow when opening mail except after a restart
Hi all We have a 3g mailbox that is slow when opening mails. it sometimes says outlook is not responding and sometimes the mails open normal. Can it be the size of the mailbox or how can i rectify this. She is using outlook 2003 and are connected to exc2003 in cached mode. If i restart the laptop it works fine for some time and then the same issue start again... Thanks for your help On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:29:47 +0200, "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote: >Hi all > >We have a 3g mailbox that is slow when opening mails. it sometimes...

How do I create a secondary free/busy replica??
Hi, I just ran Exchange Best Practices Analyzer and it recommends creating a secondary free/busy replica. I double click tell me more but I just want a quick and easy way to creat this secondary free/busy replica. Can anyone give me instructions please? Thanks, TKE402 First, you have to have more than one Exchange server with a public folder store on it. Next, locate your Public Folder hierachy in Exchange System Manager, right click on public folders and choose View System Folders. Then, locate the Schedule + Free and Busy folder, right click on it to display it's propert...

Prevent Excel creating new instances of Excel
How can I prevent Excel creating new instances of Excel, for differetn workbooks. I want having one workbook with some code opened, and all new workbooks thay me or other application opens will be in the same instance of Excel where I have the code. If you're opening the files by double clicking them in Windows Explorer, then this might help: Try Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) But a lot will depend on how the other programs actually open the workbook. Jordi wrote: > > How can I prevent Excel creating new instances of Excel, for differetn > work...

How to create buttons?
I am trying to make a menu in exel... and I want buttons to click on to perform the macros I have made. So how do I make a costumize button? Click and drag to adjust the button... things like that... I prefer to use shapes/rectangle from the drawing toolbar. view>toolbars>drawing>select and drag to ss>right click lower right >assign macro>add text,etc -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "play4you" <play4you@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE6A2E50-86D0-448B-A9B7-EC56F90D6175@microsoft.com... >I am trying to ma...

limitation on mailbox size even if it is not checked?
Exchange 5.5 - I have a user with a 2 gig mailbox size - he has no limit set on his mailbox. Today, he received an error: message store has reached maximum size. The server is not having any issues - the store is up and not having issues. I've tried to find out what this error means, but nothing comes up in the knowledge base. SO - is there a size limit on a mailbox in 5.5 ? I didn't think so - but. I also created a new profile as this user and did not get the error message - mailbox opened properly. Could it just be a corrupt profile? Nancy Stevens Nstevens@tycoint.co...

User, Inventory controls set up
We have been controling the receiving and invoicing of our inventory and are now in the process of setting up a warehouse - remote- site. This means there will be a warehouseman receiving and entering the items into inventory and then when we receive the invoice from the vendor, corporate offices will do the invoicing and paying of the invoices. What I am in search of is how, in a remote location, can a person receive items only without having to invoice. We also need to be directed to information how to set up the remote location user's control so they can only access the inven...