Users Legacy Exchange DN

Is there any way for me to correct the LegacyExchangeDN for users?
We are running Exchange 2003 in native mode, and some of our old users have
a strange value in the LegacyExchangeDN.
This value shows up when you are typing addresses....Example TO: Jack Jones
<87dfdsads>

Thanks for you help
Craig

0
craigm1 (52)

You will need to manually change edit this in adsiedit. However keep in
mind that this can cause replies to fail if the users do not have a
corresponding x500 adress with this value. Also changing the legacydn
will force a full download of your OAB.

James Chong

Craig wrote:
> Is there any way for me to correct the LegacyExchangeDN for users?
> We are running Exchange 2003 in native mode, and some of our old users have
> a strange value in the LegacyExchangeDN.
> This value shows up when you are typing addresses....Example TO: Jack Jones
> <87dfdsads>
>
> Thanks for you help
> Craig

0
jamestechman (1266)
12/13/2006 9:19:50 PM
I see...thanks for the info.
I am still completely amazed that Microsoft displays this field to the user.
Maybe they need a clue about this one.

"Jamestechman" <jamestechman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You will need to manually change edit this in adsiedit. However keep in
> mind that this can cause replies to fail if the users do not have a
> corresponding x500 adress with this value. Also changing the legacydn
> will force a full download of your OAB.
>
> James Chong
>
> Craig wrote:
>> Is there any way for me to correct the LegacyExchangeDN for users?
>> We are running Exchange 2003 in native mode, and some of our old users
>> have
>> a strange value in the LegacyExchangeDN.
>> This value shows up when you are typing addresses....Example TO: Jack
>> Jones
>> <87dfdsads>
>>
>> Thanks for you help
>> Craig

0
craigm1 (52)
12/13/2006 9:50:29 PM
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:04:28 -0500, "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Is there any way for me to correct the LegacyExchangeDN for users?
>We are running Exchange 2003 in native mode, and some of our old users have
>a strange value in the LegacyExchangeDN.
>This value shows up when you are typing addresses....Example TO: Jack Jones
><87dfdsads>

Thats the cached stuff in Outlook yes?
Did you upgrade from Exchange 5.5 at one time? That number stuff after
the name was a sometimes result for some accounts.

>Thanks for you help
>Craig

0
adavid (8731)
12/14/2006 12:43:11 PM
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:50:29 -0500, "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I see...thanks for the info.
>I am still completely amazed that Microsoft displays this field to the user.
>Maybe they need a clue about this one.

Actually, thats an Outlook issue that you can see there when you type
in the name.

I would recommend that you do not manually change those values.

>"Jamestechman" <jamestechman@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> You will need to manually change edit this in adsiedit. However keep in
>> mind that this can cause replies to fail if the users do not have a
>> corresponding x500 adress with this value. Also changing the legacydn
>> will force a full download of your OAB.
>>
>> James Chong
>>
>> Craig wrote:
>>> Is there any way for me to correct the LegacyExchangeDN for users?
>>> We are running Exchange 2003 in native mode, and some of our old users
>>> have
>>> a strange value in the LegacyExchangeDN.
>>> This value shows up when you are typing addresses....Example TO: Jack
>>> Jones
>>> <87dfdsads>
>>>
>>> Thanks for you help
>>> Craig

0
adavid (8731)
12/14/2006 12:44:11 PM
Yes, A long time ago. I am aware that this is where the values came from.

Thanks,
Craig

"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:04:28 -0500, "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Is there any way for me to correct the LegacyExchangeDN for users?
>>We are running Exchange 2003 in native mode, and some of our old users
>>have
>>a strange value in the LegacyExchangeDN.
>>This value shows up when you are typing addresses....Example TO: Jack
>>Jones
>><87dfdsads>
>
> Thats the cached stuff in Outlook yes?
> Did you upgrade from Exchange 5.5 at one time? That number stuff after
> the name was a sometimes result for some accounts.
>

>>Thanks for you help
>>Craig

0
craigm1 (52)
12/14/2006 2:55:33 PM
I agree, after seeing the consequences, I don't think I want to go that
route.
Is there any chance this is resolved in Outlook 2007?

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:50:29 -0500, "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I see...thanks for the info.
>>I am still completely amazed that Microsoft displays this field to the
>>user.
>>Maybe they need a clue about this one.
>
> Actually, thats an Outlook issue that you can see there when you type
> in the name.
>
> I would recommend that you do not manually change those values.
>

>>"Jamestechman" <jamestechman@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You will need to manually change edit this in adsiedit. However keep in
>>> mind that this can cause replies to fail if the users do not have a
>>> corresponding x500 adress with this value. Also changing the legacydn
>>> will force a full download of your OAB.
>>>
>>> James Chong

0
craigm1 (52)
12/14/2006 2:56:55 PM
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:56:55 -0500, "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I agree, after seeing the consequences, I don't think I want to go that
>route.
>Is there any chance this is resolved in Outlook 2007?

I have a feeling it isnt. :)

>"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:50:29 -0500, "Craig" <craigm@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I see...thanks for the info.
>>>I am still completely amazed that Microsoft displays this field to the
>>>user.
>>>Maybe they need a clue about this one.
>>
>> Actually, thats an Outlook issue that you can see there when you type
>> in the name.
>>
>> I would recommend that you do not manually change those values.
>>

>>>"Jamestechman" <jamestechman@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
adavid (8731)

problem adding disclaimers to exchange 2003 SMTP traffic
As per something I read a long time ago I've registered a vbs script ('EventSinkScript.vbs') so that on the event of 'ISMTPOnArrival_OnArrival' I add a disclaimer to the TextBody (or HTML Body). This works fine for two of our servers but doesn't appear to be working for mailboxes on our main internet mail gateway. out setup is this: DublinExchange2k3 server is out internet gateway for mail and LondonExchange2k3 and BelfastExchange2k3 both route internet mail via our WAN through our Dublin Server where the disclaimer is added. These are using SMTP connectors r...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Restoring Exchange 2003 public folder
Hi This is the scenario: Our SBS 2003 server started blue screening: stop 0x00000020 (00000000,0000ffff,00000000,00000001). We were unable to recover it so had to reinstall from scratch (and still haven't found reason for the STOP - it even happens after clean reinstall with no 3rd party drivers etc. Progress on this is here if interested http://www.pubforum.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=3;action=display;num=1098565515;start=15#17) Problem we have is trying to restore shared company contacts. We have an SBS backup from the day before the crash which has (hopefully!) saved the informati...

Exchange 2000 #15
We suffered a server crash just before switching to a new server. The new Exchange 2000 Server (on Win2K SP4) is up and running, albeit with empty information stores. Question: Would I create a conflict if I deleted the mailboxes from AD accounts, recreated them on the new server so they can be up and running with empty accounts to facilitate communication - and THEN worked on restoring the old server? Anything that would cause problems having mailboxes for 2 people? The reason I could see conflict is because the old server is a DC as well, unfortunately, so I'm afraid after res...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Send/Receive not working .. Exchange to Pop3 problem?
I've done a search on this newsgroup, and found many with similar problems, but none with an answer that works for me. One of my users has brought in his own laptop from his old company, which used Outlook 2002 using MS Exchange. We've been able to set him up for an account on our POP3 server, and everything works great except automatic send and receive. I've searched the MS knowledge base, and there was a solution for "corrupted S/R Groups" to copy the "Send/Receive Group" into a new group and un-enable the old group .. that didn't do the trick. The onl...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Exchange server being compromised???
Hi guys, Our company has an Exchange 2003 (SBS 2003) box that's SENDING out mail to mxi.earthlink.net and mx2.earthlink.net and takes up the whole T1 bandwidth since last week. We've ran antivirus and found several spyware but that's about it. We've also ran packet analysis to confirm those two addresses but now we're stuck as to how to solve this. Can someone lead me to the right direction as to what or who is relaying our smtp traffic? Please help. Thanks. Exchange 2003 is closed to relaying, unless you've enabled it...what IP addresses are the emails coming fro...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Controlled Mailbox access via EXchange server
Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example someone's else's calender without giving the usual full mailbox access rights? Abiola Sonubi wrote: > Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it > possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange > administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example > someone's else's calender without giving the usual full ...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

New to Exchange all info in .pst
I have just been given an exchange 2003 account at work. I have all my appointments contacts, and life in a pst file on my laptop. I'd like to get all this info into the new exchange account. What's the best way to go about it? Should I copy the file to my work machine, open it and move stuff to other folders? Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA Steve First, check the size of your PST file, and check with your Exchange admins to find out what your mailbox quota is. If it will fit, you can use file | import/export | outlook data file .....in the profile that has th...

HTA run a exchange ps1 script
Hi to all, i had wirte a HTA script and that run a exchange ps1 script but that doesn't start. Code below: command = "powershell.exe -PSConsoleFile ""c:\Program Files\Microsoft \Exchange Server\Bin\exshell.psc1"" -command C:\creatembx\" & file & " " & first.value & "." & last.value & "@" & domain.value & " " & first.value & " " & last.value set WSHShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") WSHshell.run command msgBox command The msgbox show the c...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...