Users external email addresses

On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses
that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there
is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account
because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of
find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are
publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the
user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance.
0
Vic (29)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:57:01 -0800, Vic
<Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses
>that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there
>is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account
>because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of
>find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are
>publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the
>user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance.

YOu can run CSVDE to export out.
You talk about "publishing" addresses. Unless the user accounts have
had the "update addresses based on RUS" unticked the only one they
publish will be the one RUS gave them. They will be able to receive
obviously but not send as the other address unless you are using one
of the utilities that lets you change the sending address.

0
mark7219 (5666)
1/14/2005 2:58:05 PM
So you basically want to find out what the e-mail addresses are for all of
your users?  That should be easy enough.

Go to a command prompt and type csvde -f c:\addressexport.csv -r
"(objectclass=user)" -l proxyaddresses

This will export all addresses for all user objects.  You can then parse the
resulting csv file and look at all the smtp addresses.  If you import it
into Excel, you can get rid of the excess stuff such as X.400 address

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Vic" <Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP
> addresses
> that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but
> there
> is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user
> account
> because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of
> find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are
> publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on
> the
> user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance.

0
Ben

How to use outlook address in Excel
Hello, I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of my customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist when I am writing a new invoice in Excel. In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel. Can somebody help me ? "Henny Slokker" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like > to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

Identifying other users
I am looking to display a message box, automatically, to identifying any other users currently accessing a privately networked excel file when that file is first opened. So that in the event of a 'read only' scenario they know who to contact. A share option is not appropriate in this particular case. ...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

Problems with address books
I've had to re-install outlook '97 a couple of times to sort out some problems. Now I find that contacts isn't the default mail list. That's to say when I want to send an email the list of people is from an old address book and not from the contact list I have in front of me! How do I make sure that when I want to send an email or fax that I'm presented with a choice from my contact list? How can I safely delete the old address books which are now a waste of space? Peter ...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

exporting to address book
I want to export address's from excell into address book for the mac. DIF is not available and have tried other formats to no avail. Anyone know how to do this. I have 1000 names, address's, phone numbers and email address's and wish to email to this group. Thanks Scotty Scotty I would look at either csv or txt output (File>Save as...), there are very few address books in the PC world certainly that don't offer these import formats -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Scotty&...

Troubleshooting external -> My company e-mail
A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address mymail@myfamilydomain.com to his company mailbox. He claims that all e-mails sent from that domain does not get delivered. As far as I know the Exchange AV is not configured to block 'myfamilydomain.com'. I look the logs of the Exchange AV and see no reports there of quarantine messages related to @familydomain.com. What else could I do troubleshoot this type of scenario ? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address >mym...

allow user to highlight field on form
I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used to input comments about the the person and has several memo fields. The user wants to be able to highlight a field if the information is important and needs to be highlighted to other users of the system. I cannot use conditional formatting because the decision to highlight the field is made by the user depending on different circumstances. Any help would be appreciated On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:52:01 -0700, aussiebob wrote: > I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used...

2 accounts being sent under one address
I currently have two accounts in my Outlook 2000. xxx@provider.net & PPP@provider.net. The PPP@provider.net is the primary account. When sending an email from the xxx@provider.net, it still shows as the PPP@provider.net address, so in turn I get any replies to the xxx@provider.net back to the PPP@provider.net. Is there any way to make the reply address or the address of sender shown to the xxx@provider.net account? You said you had 2 accounts. You then listed 2 email addresses. Those are not the same thing. Clarify your post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jeepstr9" ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Printing Externally #2
That works great...except it word brings up a message box stating tha Word is currently printing, if you exit, you will cancel you print.....and if i click no, so i dont close word, it still doesnt wan to print...any suggestions???Thank -- tess45 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tess457's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26662 There's a setting in MSWord that allows you to do background printing. I've turned this off--so Word do...

How to exclude one user from being affected by mailbox limits.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like the manager to have a 500MB limit but we can't find anything that would exclude him from being affected from the limits. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Thanks for your help, Jamie In news:5ACF0054-7FAB-45B8-89D4-41F4359376A2@microsoft.com, Jamie Tanner <JamieTanner@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. > > We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

the same outbound SMTP address for multible users
Hi group Her is a tricky one Is it possible to configure Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails seems to be comming from the same sender SMTP address e.x. info@domain.com when the sends email outside the organisation (not internal) it must be done on the server level and not in Outlook using "From" field Thanks in advance B.Hansen MCP Denmark On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:25:12 +0100, "Bjarne Hansen" <bhansen1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi group > >Her is a tricky one >Is it possible to configure >Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails see...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Are my tasks visible to other users?
Hi Sandra, It is possible to share tasks with other users if you are on an Microsoft Exchange Server. In Outlook 2003, click on Tasks, and in the Navigation Pane (The column on the left side of the Outlook window) click on Share My Tasks if available. This option is not available unless you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account. It is on the Permissions tab that you can set whether or not you would like to share your tasks with other users. You can specify the people who can access your Tasks, as well as their permissions. Important If you select the Private check box in a Ta...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Shared calendars
I am implementing a new mail domain (e2k3) on a Windows 2003 AD structure. I have about 1200 users in the new domain, nobody is using it yet though, they were migrated from another AD domain. These users will all have new mail accounts on my new exchange box, but I have been asked to set it up so that ALL users have READ access BY DEFAULT to ALL other users CALENDAR only. I see where I can give them full control to the entire mailbox, but where can I give them specific control to just the calendars? Hi, Why do not create a Public Folder with a general Calendar on it and grant access t...

how to store user responses
Using Excel 2000, I have a userform--userform1, with a textbox-- txtquantity1. I'm trying to get the user to enter the quantity for a part number in a quote. There could possibly be as many as 40 different quantities requested by the customer. When the user enters the quantity and presses enter, I'd like to ask them if they have another quantity to enter, or at least provide another textbox so they could enter another quantity and keep generating textboxes until the user is through adding quantities. When they are finished entering the last quantity, the user needs to c...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...

Viewing other users Calendar
Hi - We've recently installed CRM 3.0, desktop client, and I noticed that since the install, I can no longer see anyone else's availability on outlook's calendar. We're using outlook 2003 - Anyone see this before? Any suggestions? Thanks Al ...