Users Creating Public Folders

We have pulbic folders set up for a number of things which are used by all
the departments in our firm.
This week we have seen two folders that have been created by the standard
users.
Does any body know how to stop this from happening??~
Help appreciated.,
Thanks
Anthony

"code_master" <codemaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have pulbic folders set up for a number of things which are used by all
> the departments in our firm.
> This week we have seen two folders that have been created by the standard
> users.
> Does any body know how to stop this from happening??~
> Help appreciated.,

Right click the folder and set permissions so that they can't create items.
You will need to be an owner of the folder to do this.

0
wakeupcall (43)
10/27/2005 11:37:54 AM
If you want to block them from creating them on the "top level" you have to
lock it down in your System Manager.

- Open Exchange System Manager.
- Work your way down through the Administrative Groups to the "Public
Folders".
- Right click on Public Folder and select Properties.
- Select "Security" tab.
- Select "Everyone" and scroll down in the "Permissions" to "Create Public
Folder" and "Create Top Level Public Folder".  On both options select
"Deny".  Note this will also prevent admins from creating new folders.

This is the way I block users from creating new folders. All requests for
new folders come through my IT Dept at which time I remove the restrictions
to create the folders and then reapply.

"code_master" <codemaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have pulbic folders set up for a number of things which are used by all
> the departments in our firm.
> This week we have seen two folders that have been created by the standard
> users.
> Does any body know how to stop this from happening??~
> Help appreciated.,
> Thanks
> Anthony

0
gmmccurdy (12)
10/27/2005 2:21:01 PM
FYI... this is for Exchange 2003.

"Mark McCurdy" <gmmccurdy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you want to block them from creating them on the "top level" you have
> to lock it down in your System Manager.
>
> - Open Exchange System Manager.
> - Work your way down through the Administrative Groups to the "Public
> Folders".
> - Right click on Public Folder and select Properties.
> - Select "Security" tab.
> - Select "Everyone" and scroll down in the "Permissions" to "Create Public
> Folder" and "Create Top Level Public Folder".  On both options select
> "Deny".  Note this will also prevent admins from creating new folders.
>
> This is the way I block users from creating new folders. All requests for
> new folders come through my IT Dept at which time I remove the
> restrictions to create the folders and then reapply.
>

> "code_master" <codemaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We have pulbic folders set up for a number of things which are used by
>> all
>> the departments in our firm.
>> This week we have seen two folders that have been created by the standard
>> users.
>> Does any body know how to stop this from happening??~
>> Help appreciated.,
>> Thanks
>> Anthony

0
gmmccurdy (12)

Deleting replicated public folder
I have a large public folder that I would like to delete. This folder is replicated to another exchange server. What is the best way to delete thsi folder? Do i need to do anything to the replication settings for this folder. The whole public folder tree is replicated not just this folder? You should remove the server from replication then point public folders to another server if that is appropriate. Dismount and delete. Nue "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:C97AF10F-1C6E-4CCA-BA40-CE11FABF1F3E@microsoft.com... >I have a large public folder that...

New to User Forms

Outlook profile not created on login
Hi, I have a .mst file that I have already setup in a batch file that I use to install Office 2000 on Terminal Servers/Metaframe Servers. I've used this many times in the past. I just built 2 new servers and one of them does not populate the Outlook settings for new users. By settings I mean the exchange server name, name, personal folder location, etc. The settings for Word, Excel, Powerpoint are there though. I then uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled it and get the same thing. I looked in the registry and the NewProf key is there with all the correct settings in it. ...

Disabling password feature on Personal Folders
I've upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and set up the user's Outlook profile. I go to add his Personal Folders and browse to his saved .pst file and the system asks us for an outlook password. I enter his Outlook password and I get the message that it is incorrect. The problem is the user says he never password protected his .pst file. So how do I - or can I - remove the password protection so that I am able to add his Personal Folders? Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Users Shared Folders

unable to create a link in email
hi, how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my documents\How to blade.doc thanks I really don't know, but even if you could, the recipient couldn't see it. It's on your computer. The only way is to attach the file to your message. I would also suggest that your create a PDF so that recipients that don't have Word can read it. Win2PDF at http://www.win2pdf.com or PrimoPDF at http://www.primopdf.com "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1106799740.913670.178870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > hi, > how can i creat...

Help with creating database
I'm a recent college graduate at a new job. I am trying to help my company move a report that is currently done in Excel into Access. To help you better understand my goal I will try to describe my business and the nature of this report as briefly as possible. We are a clothing designer. All of our product is produced in factories overseas and delievered to our clients in the U.S. Our W.I.P. report is currently in Excel. It's purpose is to give us an up-to-date picture of what part of the production line our products are currently in. Information on this report inclu...

Users not showing up All Users

Creating a 7.5 Test Environment
Currently, I have a Production Great Plains 7.5 environment with some Custom Code, an EFT Module and a Third Party add-on for the Project Accounting Piece. I need to build out a TEST environment so that I can test a 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade. I'm not sure how exactly to go about it. What I was THINKING that I need to do is perform an out-of-the-box install for Great Plains and the Thrid Party PA Module then create my Companies in Great Plains and then replace the GREATPLAINS program folder on my test box with the one from the Production box and then restore my Production Dynamics and...

user breakpoint

Public Folder auto accept
Dear all I am using an Exchange Server 2007 and the clients use Outlook 2007. If a user creats an appointment he is able to add a Public Folder as a required attendee but the Public Folder does not respond to the invitation and the appointment ist not visible in the Public Folder. How can I add this? Can anyone help me? Best regards, Chris ...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Creating a Distribution List in OUTLOOK 2007
Hello, Is there a way to create a DISTRIBUTION LIST in OUTLOOK 2007 that contains contacts with a specific feature WITHOUT adding members one by one? E.g., I need a distribution list of all contacts whose e-mail address is in a particular domain. The following sequence DOES NOT work: CONTACTS ---> ACTIONS ---> NEW DISTRIBUTION LIST ---> SELECT MEMBERS ----> SEARCH (MORE COLUMNS) When I entered the domain name in the search window, I got no results. Thus, OUTLOOK did not search the entries of the e-mail addresses. Thank you for your help. ATK "...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...