We have an office where all the users are displaying from 12-17 times under
logons while everyone else displays only 3 or 4 times. What does this
indicate? Does this indicate connections, being dropped then reconnected? TIA
0
Greg7423 (349)

Are they running PDA synchronization software?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an office where all the users are displaying from 12-17 times
> under
> logons while everyone else displays only 3 or 4 times. What does this
> indicate? Does this indicate connections, being dropped then reconnected?
> TIA

0
curspice6401 (3487)

New to User Forms

What is the best way to save Publisher images to show others?
Say I set up a flyer or business card and want to email it to someone who doesn't have the program (to open a publisher file). Maybe doesn't even have Word or any of the Office programs. All I can see is save as Word doc type files (except publisher) To show the person what I'm doing with the flyer, business card, etc. Now, I've been using Paint Shop Pro to screen capture the picture, cropping it, saving it as a jpg, to email. Seems like I once tried copy/paste between Pub and PSP and it didn't work. Though I know copy/paste will work between Word and PSP. Maybe th...

Users Shared Folders

Mailbox name does not resolve?
I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no issue except one user. I am using Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 on all desktops. In outlook I enter the server name and mail box name in both full name and alias form and neither will resolve. The machine connects through file sharing to the exchange box with no problem. I have deleted the box and readded it and it still does not work. David Lewis <*@*.*> wrote in news:e7rig0he6c4h4t16jn3v6bjp1pt673hnhn@4ax.com: > I have added all users in the company to the exchange server with no > issue except one user. I...

Users not showing up All Users

Restore Mailboxs With First Strage Group Restore
Greetings All, I'm a bit confused about backup and restores done with NTBackup on Exchange 2003. I'm able to create backups without any error. I'm also able to restore with out any error. However, lets say I have 10 mail boxs and I do a backup. I then delete and purge 5 of those mail boxes after my backup. Now, I want to restore those 5 boxes so I dismount my stores and make sure "can be overwwitten" is checked. I then go to my NTbackup utill and choose to restore my first storage group (which is what I backed up) I check the option to remount the store after back ...

user breakpoint

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

more then 20 mailboxes
Which component of Outlook seems to cause the problem (Calendar, Inbox, Deleted Items, etc.)? more then 20 Mailboxes Please give a detailed description of the problem (error message, behavior): I use in my Outlook more than 20 Mailboxes. So I can manage all incomming mails. But the mailbox-names are unsorted. So I need a lot of time to find the right inbox. Is it possible that I can sort the mailboxes after the name? Which troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? nothing, I would like to sort the mailing-boxes. Have you installed new software or hardware or changed something else on you...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Controlled Mailbox access via EXchange server
Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example someone's else's calender without giving the usual full mailbox access rights? Abiola Sonubi wrote: > Quick one here, apart from using the Outlook client method, is it > possible on EXCHANGE SERVER 2003 to give users (not domain/ exchange > administrators) read, edit & write permissions to, for example > someone's else's calender without giving the usual full ...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Public Folder emails showing as unread to everyone
I have been having problems with a public folder that when I recieve a email and I read it the others who have access cannot see that the mail has been read. This is leading to duplication of work. Please can anyone shed some light for me Jt Hi, Make sure you have ticked 'Maintain per-user read and unread information for this folder. This is selected on the General Tab of each folder under | Administrative Group | Folders | Public Folders | in ESM. Oliver "Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzeziNO@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote: >Make sure you have ticked 'Maintain per-...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

Sending a copy of each email that a user sends
We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? Have a look at this software www.exclaimer2000.com On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:41:08 -0800, Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a security issue from HR requiring them to review all email sent from a user. >Is there a way to cc: an HR account with all email sent without the user being aware of the cc:? This is very easy with Exchange 5.5. What version do you have? Rafael "...

security- users
hi all can anyone tell me this.. i want when someone opens the data base to asked for a user name and password. if the user name is for example "admin" (thats me) to have full access, can create,delete tables,create report etc. if the user name is "user1" to be able only for read, write ,add record ?? i prefered to do this by using the User and Group Permissions but any other suggestions are welcome.. thanks On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:54:01 -0800, Osyris <Osyris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Workgroup Security is an advanced topic. Do not attempt to use it un...