User email routing

Can we setup a routing rules in exchange at user level

Lets say, I have a user
username@remend.com

I want to route any incoming emails like username-1@remend.com,
username-2@remend.com etc etc to that username

It is possible to create few addresses like these as his secondary smtp
address. but if I want to create a policy that any email with
username-*@remend.com should automatically go to username@remend.com

thanks in advance,
-Pankaj

- If that's your default SMTP domain, you can simply add additional email
addresses in user's properties | Email addresses - like
username-1@remend.com, username-2@remend.com, et al. Wildcards
(username-*@remend.com) won't work...
- If that's an additional domain, you will need a Recipient Policy for that
SMTP domain along with MX record in external DNS zone for that domain
pointing to the A record of your Exchange server.
- If you want to catch ALL mail to a given domain and direct it to a single
mailbox (in other words no one else has individual email addresses... ), you
can implement a catchall mailbox using onArrival event sink... (kba 324021)
- you could probably modify the script in the kba to only redirect messages
for username-* for that domain to the specific mailbox.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

<pankajgautam@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can we setup a routing rules in exchange at user level
>

> Lets say, I have a user
> username@remend.com
>
> I want to route any incoming emails like username-1@remend.com,
> username-2@remend.com etc etc to that username
>
> It is possible to create few addresses like these as his secondary smtp
> address. but if I want to create a policy that any email with
> username-*@remend.com should automatically go to username@remend.com
>
> thanks in advance,
> -Pankaj

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
11/19/2005 12:01:21 AM
thanks for reply
there is no additional domain.

i did try the wildcard, sure enough it doesn't work

Is there any other way/ideas to implement wildcard for username level
smtp address??

-Pankaj

> thanks for reply
> there is no additional domain.
>
> i did try the wildcard, sure enough it doesn't work
>
> Is there any other way/ideas to implement wildcard for username level
> smtp address??
>
> -Pankaj

Mailbasket at www.turbogeeks.com will work - but I don't like to do that;
he'll get a ton of spam.

0
lanwench (7567)

New to User Forms

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

email Merge in MS Word 2008 #3
Hi, I keep being told that Microsoft Word in MS Office 2008 for Mac can do an email version of a form letter provided you were also using the corresponding version of MS Entourage as your email program. (By and by, I am). I am running OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard on an iMac 20". The help files in MS Word seem hopelessly inadequate. They do not mention email merging. I assume I am supposed to find the tool in the mail merge manager under the tools menu, but under create new, I only find four options: Letter, Envelope, Label and Catalog. There seems to be no entry for email, not even a greye...

Users Shared Folders

unable to create a link in email
hi, how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my documents\How to blade.doc thanks I really don't know, but even if you could, the recipient couldn't see it. It's on your computer. The only way is to attach the file to your message. I would also suggest that your create a PDF so that recipients that don't have Word can read it. Win2PDF at http://www.win2pdf.com or PrimoPDF at http://www.primopdf.com "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1106799740.913670.178870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > hi, > how can i creat...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

unwanted background in received emails
I am about to pull my hair out! I am using Outlook XP on a Windows XP machine. All of a sudden every email I receive from multiple users comes in with a gray background. Even if I send an email to myself and the background looks white in the email I send, it still shows up gray when I open the email. How do I stop this? What's interesting is if I change my Mail Format option within Outlook to send plain text emails, this does not happen. It seems to happen if the option is HTML or Rich Text. However, it's a little unrealistic to have everyone who sends me an email change to t...

can't print embedded picture in email
Why can't I print embedded picture in email? A red x is printed instead of the picture. I have checked security settings but to no avail. It's interesting to note that on two other computers, there is no issue. The computer in question is running Outlook 2003 SP1, W2K SP3. What could be the problem? LF Are you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious he...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Strange email prompt
I've inherited responsibility for running several programs that, among other things, email the results of the same programs. These programs run on several PCs and I've just added them to another PC so they can run there. The problem is, on this new PC, a prompt comes up saying something like "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No." Allow acces for " and there's a drop down window and I click yes and it continues and then another wind...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Email Content Alerts
Exchange server 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients. Is it possible to have an alert message sent to one or more clients whenever a certain file type is sent from/received by exchange? I am trying to control the sending and receiving of drawing and image files. TIA Phil Not natively. You'd need a 3rd party content-filtering program. At that, you may need to do some additional customization. Exchange by itself doesn't scan attachments, nor does it care what type of attachments are sent/received. With a 3rd party program, you can often configure attachment types to block. Most E...

Internet SMTP Routing During Co-Existence 2003 and 2007
I am documenting the cutover plans for a large Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange 2007. We plan to establish RGC to the regional E2K3 BH servers but not to the AG that provides the External SMTP Connectors which is called INTERNET. LINKSTATE has been supressed on all E2K3 in the org. Inbound External SMTP traffic will initially still route in via the INTERNET AG RG, and it will be cutover to route in via the Exchange 2007 Hub Transport as soon as it can be arranged. My question is, how can I best configure the costing so that mailboxes transitioned to Exchange 2007 wil...

Date changes when email is read
I have recently moved to using Outlook 2003. When email first arrives (IMAP) it has the correct "Date" but as soon as I read the email (or do any action that removes the "unread status") the Date changes to what seems to be GMT. Is there some setting I am missing? I have checked my system timezone etc and this does seem correct. thanks ...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Cannot see full email address in From field
If a message is forwarded, I cannot see the email address from the original sender(s) or those CC'd. They show a displayed name. Is this a setting on my client or is it done on the sender's client? BTW, this happens on Outlook 2000 and 2003. Thanks, Francis ...

Email Attachments