User cannot send outgoing mail.

I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server
2003.  When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user does
not exist".  Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail
server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after this
switch.  This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find
nothing anywhere about this issue.  Thanks.
0
MattL (6)

Are they trying to send to users in your Exchange organization or an
external address?

"Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server
> 2003.  When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user
> does
> not exist".  Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail
> server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after
> this
> switch.  This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find
> nothing anywhere about this issue.  Thanks.

0
Chris
11/9/2006 8:53:23 PM
Please post the full NDR.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server
> 2003.  When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user
> does
> not exist".  Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail
> server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after
> this
> switch.  This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find
> nothing anywhere about this issue.  Thanks.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/9/2006 8:57:24 PM
If you're using a smarthost like MessageLabs you will get this type of
error.

You need to ensure you add your users to ClientNet so MessageLabs (if say,
they were your SmartHost)

Sounds like you have to have a list of preffered senders for this new
smarthost also.

Oliver

"Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server
> 2003.  When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user
> does
> not exist".  Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail
> server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after
> this
> switch.  This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find
> nothing anywhere about this issue.  Thanks.

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
11/10/2006 10:58:43 AM
This happens when trying to send mail to other domains, internal mail works
fine.

The full NDR is:

The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the server.
Please contact your administrator.  <server.domain.com #5.3.0 smtp;530 5.3.0
<user@domain.com>...user does not exist>

I have contacted my ISP and they are checking into the situation, but there
initial thoughts were that there is no user list required.  When we first
started smart hosting, I didn't send them any sort of user list...

Thanks

"Chris H" wrote:

> Are they trying to send to users in your Exchange organization or an
> external address?
>
> "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server
> > 2003.  When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user
> > does
> > not exist".  Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail
> > server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after
> > this
> > switch.  This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find
> > nothing anywhere about this issue.  Thanks.

0
MattL (6)
11/10/2006 4:19:01 PM

"Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:

> If you're using a smarthost like MessageLabs you will get this type of
> error.
>
> You need to ensure you add your users to ClientNet so MessageLabs (if say,
> they were your SmartHost)
>
> Sounds like you have to have a list of preffered senders for this new
> smarthost also.
>
> Oliver
>
> "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server
> > 2003.  When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user
> > does
> > not exist".  Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail
> > server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after
> > this
> > switch.  This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find
> > nothing anywhere about this issue.  Thanks.

0
MattL (6)
11/10/2006 4:22:02 PM
I suspect that the recipient has munged MX records, perhaps with one
pointing to an old SMTP backup server that's no longer supports his domain.
But without knowing the domain and the address you're sending to, there's no
way to tell.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> This happens when trying to send mail to other domains, internal mail
> works
> fine.
>
> The full NDR is:
>
> The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the
> server.
> Please contact your administrator.  <server.domain.com #5.3.0 smtp;530
> 5.3.0
> <user@domain.com>...user does not exist>
>
> I have contacted my ISP and they are checking into the situation, but
> there
> initial thoughts were that there is no user list required.  When we first
> started smart hosting, I didn't send them any sort of user list...
>
> Thanks
>

> "Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:
>
>> If you're using a smarthost like MessageLabs you will get this type of
>> error.
>>
>> You need to ensure you add your users to ClientNet so MessageLabs (if
>> say,
>> they were your SmartHost)
>>
>> Sounds like you have to have a list of preffered senders for this new
>> smarthost also.
>>
>> Oliver
>>
>> "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange
>> >server
>> > 2003.  When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user
>> > does
>> > not exist".  Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail
>> > server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added
>> > after
>> > this
>> > switch.  This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can
>> > find
>> > nothing anywhere about this issue.  Thanks.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/12/2006 8:33:56 PM
I still believe it's either on my server or on our smart host server because
my new users cannot send mail to any external e-mail address.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> I suspect that the recipient has munged MX records, perhaps with one
> pointing to an old SMTP backup server that's no longer supports his domain.
> But without knowing the domain and the address you're sending to, there's no
> way to tell.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This happens when trying to send mail to other domains, internal mail
> > works
> > fine.
> >
> > The full NDR is:
> >
> > The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the
> > server.
> > Please contact your administrator.  <server.domain.com #5.3.0 smtp;530
> > 5.3.0
> > <user@domain.com>...user does not exist>
> >
> > I have contacted my ISP and they are checking into the situation, but
> > there
> > initial thoughts were that there is no user list required.  When we first
> > started smart hosting, I didn't send them any sort of user list...
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:
> >
> >> If you're using a smarthost like MessageLabs you will get this type of
> >> error.
> >>
> >> You need to ensure you add your users to ClientNet so MessageLabs (if
> >> say,
> >> they were your SmartHost)
> >>
> >> Sounds like you have to have a list of preffered senders for this new
> >> smarthost also.
> >>
> >> Oliver
> >>
> >> "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MattL (6)
11/13/2006 1:21:02 PM
Using NSLOOKUP on your Exchange server can you resolve Internet MX records?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

>I still believe it's either on my server or on our smart host server
>because
> my new users cannot send mail to any external e-mail address.
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I suspect that the recipient has munged MX records, perhaps with one
>> pointing to an old SMTP backup server that's no longer supports his
>> domain.
>> But without knowing the domain and the address you're sending to, there's
>> no
>> way to tell.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This happens when trying to send mail to other domains, internal mail
>> > works
>> > fine.
>> >
>> > The full NDR is:
>> >
>> > The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the
>> > server.
>> > Please contact your administrator.  <server.domain.com #5.3.0 smtp;530
>> > 5.3.0
>> > <user@domain.com>...user does not exist>
>> >
>> > I have contacted my ISP and they are checking into the situation, but
>> > there
>> > initial thoughts were that there is no user list required.  When we
>> > first
>> > started smart hosting, I didn't send them any sort of user list...
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/15/2006 9:05:07 PM
We recently stopped smarthosting and this fixed the issue, so whatever the
problem was, it must have been in the configuration on the smarthosting
server (although they kept blaming my exchange server).  Thanks for all the
help.

Matt

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Using NSLOOKUP on your Exchange server can you resolve Internet MX records?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I still believe it's either on my server or on our smart host server
> >because
> > my new users cannot send mail to any external e-mail address.
> >
> > "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> I suspect that the recipient has munged MX records, perhaps with one
> >> pointing to an old SMTP backup server that's no longer supports his
> >> domain.
> >> But without knowing the domain and the address you're sending to, there's
> >> no
> >> way to tell.
> >> --
> >> Ed Crowley
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >>
> >> "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MattL (6)

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Send/Recieve error in Outlook 2003
I recently upgraded one of uor machines from Office 2002 to Office 2003. All was well, excep Outlook started doing very strange things. It will send mail just fine, but when it recieves it will download the first two or three then freeze up and go "Not Responding". So, I close it down and reopen it, hit Send/Receive again and it grabs the first two or three messages it downloaded already and relpicates them in the inbox. Then it freezes up again. I tried running the "repair" feature off of the Office 2003 cd and reinstalling the whole suite but had no luck. ...

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

New Message Placed in Outbox, but not italicized for Sending
When I create a "new message" and click send, the message is placed in the Outbox but is not italicized and therefore won't send. I have to open the message in the Outbox and reclick send before it appears italicized and will send. Thanks for anyone's help Look for a 3rd party addin that is trying to work with mail items. (e.g. ICQ used to install an addin into Outlook that would do exactly what you describe. The addin was found under tools | options | other | advanced options | com addins.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account ...

Send/Receive not working .. Exchange to Pop3 problem?
I've done a search on this newsgroup, and found many with similar problems, but none with an answer that works for me. One of my users has brought in his own laptop from his old company, which used Outlook 2002 using MS Exchange. We've been able to set him up for an account on our POP3 server, and everything works great except automatic send and receive. I've searched the MS knowledge base, and there was a solution for "corrupted S/R Groups" to copy the "Send/Receive Group" into a new group and un-enable the old group .. that didn't do the trick. The onl...

Cannot Send to Mail Enabled Group
Suddenly, and without warning, I am having problems sending mail to mail enabled groups. I don't know what could have happened but every time someone sends an email to a group, it goes nowhere... there doesn't seem to be any errors. The sender doesn't receive an error, there is no mail stuck in the queue. There don't seem to be any errors in the Event Logs... but the recepiants don't get the email. This seems to be happening with every single one of my groups now. -- Alan Coleman Network & Database Administrator St. Joseph's Villa I've also discovred t...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Notify new mails in OWA
outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. Must I configure internet explorer settings? thank you -- Dambo In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035C44@microsoft.com, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > outlook web access: I want to be alerted when new mail arrives. > > Must I configure internet explorer settings? > > thank you What version of Exchange? OWA for E2000 and 2003 should already have this working. E2003 with no sp1 -- Dambo "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > In news:202E8B5B-0D17-44F8-97FA-A69657035...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Can't read mail in reading pane of outlook 2007 if not in safe mode
Hi all! I have a problem since I installed the outlook 2007 beta 2. I receive mail as nice as possible, but when I want to read it, there is only the title, from whom and to whom data in reading pane. The mesage is, let's say "invisible" :) Anyone have the same prob? When I start outlook 2007 in safe mode, everything works OK. The only prob with safe mode is, that you always have to set the reading pane on and hide the big buttons.... We'll if anyone has a solution...I haven't find it... In the next week I will reinstall the system and see... maybe, just maybe I ...

send / recv
I am running MS Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange server. The connection is thru http interface (RPC) and not thru TCP/IP. I notice that send/recv takes inordinately long time. I see the send/recv icon for 20-30 minutes. What exactly is send/recv meant for? SQL Server DBA <sqlsdba@gmail.com> wrote: > I am running MS Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange server. The > connection is thru http interface > (RPC) and not thru TCP/IP. If it's using HTTP, it's running TCP/IP. TCP/IP is a networking protocol. HTTP is not. -- Brian Tillman ...

Problem sending mail from Access
Multiple users with copies of the same FE in A2007 and Outlook 2007. All on Windows XP. One user cannot send mail from Access with Embedded Macros or SendObject Method. SendObject returns error 2293. Nothin on this in Help. Embedded Macro method returns error: "Before attepting to send an e mail message, resolve the problem identified in the previous message, or configure your computer to send and receive e mail messages." There is no "previous message" Outlook is working fine when opened on it own. Problem occurs only when sending from Access. Any help? Typica...

outgoing email is being blocked error 553 #5,7,1
i have add all my contacts to safe recipient. why does it still block some email? We have no idea, you have provided nothing to work with. Post your version of Outlook, the mail account type, and the complete error message you receive. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Dino asked: | i have add all my contacts to safe recipient. why does it still block | some email? ...

Using the mail merge function from excell
Is there a way of using the mail merge function in word to set up a three column format of names and addresses. I need to do this without using the "label" format - as I need it in word domument format in order to be able to add and make changes in word. Thanks Sheila You may want to look into storing your data in excel (already has nice columns and rows) and using MSWord's builtin MailMerge to create the labels. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from Davi...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...