use NTBackup to backup information store 2003

Hi,

Anyone can help me to solve using NTbackup schedule to
backup Exchange 2003 information store?
NTbackup can backup information store from manual start,
but it can't run on tasks schedule.

thank you

piu
0
anonymous (74725)

Works for me, what problem are you having?  You can't
backup the IS at the same time as any other Shadow Copy
Backup, unless all of your exchange files are on spearate
volumes from the system volume.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

0
anonymous (74725)
12/1/2003 9:13:11 PM
hi,

I can't backup IS from windows 2003 ntbackup tasks
schedule, our server have one partition to install
windows 2003 and exchange 2003 enterprise edition. But
when I try to create backup schedule for IS, the job will
hold in tasks mamager and the NTbackup application will
close automatically. NTbackup can success backup from
manuel backup IS only, but failed backup from system
state and IS as same time

thank you

piu

0
billkwan (1)
12/2/2003 4:49:50 AM
Don't kow if its the same problem than with Windows 2000 NTbackup, but you
can try this:

1. Through the Scheduled Task interface, edit your backup job(s) by manually
adding the /um switch at the end of the command line.
2. Create a new Scheduled Task that will run every day a few minutes before
your scheduled backup starts (the tape being already inserted).  This task
should call a batch file that will contain the follwing  two line commands
(don't forget the quotes):

    net stop "Removable Storage"
    net start "Removable Storage"

That usually allows a scheduled backup to start.

Hope this helps

"piu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Anyone can help me to solve using NTbackup schedule to
> backup Exchange 2003 information store?
> NTbackup can backup information store from manual start,
> but it can't run on tasks schedule.
>

> thank you
>

> piu

0
jeanrr (2)
12/3/2003 1:40:35 PM
Thank you!!

0
bill.kwan (1)

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Outlook 2003 Cannot sort by subject
Hi all, In outlook 2003, when I click the subject bar to sort email by subjects, it will work sometimes but not every time. The email are sorted but the cursor will jump to the first email but not the email I highlighted before. This is VERY VERY annoying and I want to rollback to outlook xp. Anyone know how I can solve this problem? Greatly appreciated for your help. Cheers, Jo. Try Group By Conversation instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Exchange 2003 removing Internet Headers on incoming mail
Our exchange 2003 server strips out the internet headers. We have a catchall internet mailbox which is collected by exchange POP3 and then forwarded to all internal mailboxes by virtual SMTP. Is there a setting to prevent the headers being stripped out? At first I though it was Outlook 2003, but I've enabled the DWORD registry setting "SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders" which shows only the internal receipt into virtual SMTP and nothing else. Regards Anthony On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:58:19 +0100, "Anthony Hunt" <ach@kl2.com> wrote: >Our exchange 2003 server ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

PST Backup #3
I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If try to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know what may have gone wrong? "Toad" <ron@somercotes.net> wrote in message news:1123657499.608786.210550@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com > I downloaded and installed the Microsoft PST backup utility into > Outlook 2003, but the option dosn't appear on the file menu. If try > to re-install, it says the utility is already installed. Anyone know > what may have gone...

SBS 2003 + Terminal Server
Our company is in process to implement Great Plains and MS Solutions Partner suggested next configuration: 1 server - WS 2003 standart (Terminal Server) 2 server - WS 2003 Standart + SQL 2000. Is it possible to use on server 2 Small Business Server 2003 Premium ? What about problems with domain? Regards, I do not believe it is possible to have two machines running Windows SBS 2003 because each machine will want to be the domain controller. I think you'd be better off with: Machine 1: Windows 2003 with Terminal Services Machine 2: Windows 2003 with SQL Server. This machine can also...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Can't restore Outlook 2003 from the notification area (Windows XP Pro)
If I minimise Outlook to the systray, and then attempt to restore it at a later time I receive the following message in an XP balloon. "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server email account you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. " I am not using Exchange, therefore I don't have the option to cancel server requests - this is a standalone system - it's not even networked! How do I resolve this? I have to restart the system to get it ru...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

Access 2003 Form Question
I have an access database that I am using for site surveys. In a nutshell, there is a header table with a date and location as the keys and a detail section with the survey results. The detail section shows a series of 30 or so questions(from a questions table) on how the site was rated. I am trying to design a form that populates a yes/no/not available type response in the detail section. The user would either click on a yes/no/NA type box or have a drop down and select the value(whichever is easiest) next to the box. After the user answers the 30 or so questions, an answers table...

get disk information
How to get the hard disk serial number and model number using winioctl (deviceiocontrol). Also how to know any disk is hard disk or usb drive Hi, > How to get the hard disk serial number and model number using winioctl > (deviceiocontrol). This is one option: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394346%28VS.85%29.aspx > Also how to know any disk is hard disk or usb drive Read this very carefully! http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364939%28VS.85%29.aspx Regards K. -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien d...