use custom installation wizard define %username% profile outlook 2

Dear All,
I'm trying to use custom installation wizard to define default %username%
profiles in outlook 2003 for all my exchange server 2003 users so that they
can logon to any computer in the network and automatically use their
%username% specific profile.
My main difficulty is knowing at what stage in the default profile to write
the parameter %username% . The wizard doesnt seem to understand this %
symbol.
Thanks.
Gila

0
gila (3)

Hi Gila,

Have you seen the Office 2003 Resource Kit, there are several tools for
Customizing Office, There are various options for for configuring Outlook
this includes the Office Profile Wizard, Custom Installation wizard, and the
Outlook Administrator Pack. This can also be done via group policy when the
Office group policy templates from the Resource kit, are added to gpedit.

Here is some more information:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/HA011402981033.aspx

Regards
--
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)

"gila" <gila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Dear All,
> I'm trying to use custom installation wizard to define default %username%
> profiles in outlook 2003 for all my exchange server 2003 users so that
> they
> can logon to any computer in the network and automatically use their
> %username% specific profile.
> My main difficulty is knowing at what stage in the default profile to
> write
> the parameter %username% . The wizard doesnt seem to understand this %
> symbol.
> Thanks.
> Gila

0
ben.hoffman (411)
9/29/2005 12:22:38 PM
Hi Gila,

Sorry I misread your post, anyway I think the best solution if your
computers are on a domain is to use the Office group policy .adm file.

If your computer/s are not on the domain you will need to use the Custom
Maintenance Wizard.

Regards
--

"Ben Hoffman" <ben.hoffman@cdu.edu.au> wrote in message
> Hi Gila,
>
> Have you seen the Office 2003 Resource Kit, there are several tools for
> Customizing Office, There are various options for for configuring Outlook
> this includes the Office Profile Wizard, Custom Installation wizard, and
> the Outlook Administrator Pack. This can also be done via group policy
> when the Office group policy templates from the Resource kit, are added to
> gpedit.
>
> Here is some more information:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/HA011402981033.aspx
>
> Regards
> --
> Ben Hoffman
> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
>
> "gila" <gila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Dear All,
>> I'm trying to use custom installation wizard to define default %username%
>> profiles in outlook 2003 for all my exchange server 2003 users so that
>> they
>> can logon to any computer in the network and automatically use their
>> %username% specific profile.
>> My main difficulty is knowing at what stage in the default profile to
>> write
>> the parameter %username% . The wizard doesnt seem to understand this %
>> symbol.
>> Thanks.
>> Gila

0
ben.hoffman (411)

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

using forms

outlook or freeware calendar
My mother in law is in a nursing care facility. My wife is coordinating the schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of her. My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars. Both of us are at a loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various email correspondents. Is there a freeware program which will accomplish the same thing. The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think of is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the file (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent. This seems to me to be a crude i...

Outlook 2007 Not Responding in Vista 12-30-09
I have a Gateway notebook with Vista. I installed Office 2007 a month ago. It all works well except Outlook. When I load Outlook MOST of the time I see the send receive go to 56% then just sits at 56%. I get no email, then Outlook goes kind of grey and I get " Not Responding" on the top bar. Sometimes I can close Outlook and reload and it will get my email. I have searched the knowledge base and have no programs trying to access Outlook. This is apparently a known issue, is there a fix? Thanks for any help. No its not a known issue, its down to your configeration Have ...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Windows in taskbar #2
The windows in taskbar box keeps getting "unchecked" while working in different execel spreadsheets. I re-check it and save/close the box, but it continues to happen. Any ideas to correct this? Richard From a posting by Debra Dalgleish............. There's some information in the following MSKB article: OFF2000: Only One Icon Visible in Taskbar When "Windows in Taskbar" Option Is Selected http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=215816 and the following advice from Dave Peterson '========================== From: Dave Peterson (ec35720@msn.com) Su...

error trying to install MSMQ
Hi everyone I am trying to install Microsoft CRM on a win 2003 server, I need to install the message queuing service on this machine I tried to install the message queuing service from the win 2003 CD. I installed on this machine win 2003, SQL and SP3. This computer is on a domain (win 2003 domain). the installation of the message queuing component failed. I got this error: Message queuing configuration object in Active Directory was not created. Error Code: 0x80072020 Error Description: An operations error occurred. I think I should make some configuration of the Message queuing on the Do...

Outlook 2002
Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. Any ideas as to how I can stop this? Thanks, Paul hi paul u shd hv more than 1 pop3 a/c, when u click "Send", note there's a little arrow next to it, under it there's a drop down menu & u shd choose the pop3 a/c that u'd like to send with.. HIH >-----Original Message----- >Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be >sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. > >Any ideas as to how I can stop this? > >Thanks, &...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Can't restore Outlook 2003 from the notification area (Windows XP Pro)
If I minimise Outlook to the systray, and then attempt to restore it at a later time I receive the following message in an XP balloon. "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server email account you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. " I am not using Exchange, therefore I don't have the option to cancel server requests - this is a standalone system - it's not even networked! How do I resolve this? I have to restart the system to get it ru...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

GAL view from Outlook
Hi Pardon for asking here - didn't know where to put this as I don't know if it's an Outlook or Exchange question. When I click the "To:" button in Outlook 2003 and look in my GAL i get the Name, Business Phone, Office etc. as default view. Is there a way to change this view or maybe the order of the columns? Email-address holds the x400 address - why not the smtp address? I would like to change the view so that it fits the need for our users - is this possible? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Brian Nicolaisen IT-service, System & Campus-IT UNIVERSITY OF SO...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Second Post- Need Help with Wizard Property Sheet
I am using the CPropertySheetEx property sheet in an MFC application as follows. m_psh.hbmHeader = LoadBitmap( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE( IDB_NEW_QUERY_HEADER ) ); m_psh.hbmWatermark = LoadBitmap( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE( IDB_NEW_QUERY_WATERMARK ) ); m_psh.dwFlags |= PSH_WATERMARK | PSH_HEADER | PSH_WIZARD97 | PSH_USEHBMHEADER | PSH_USEHBMWATERMARK; The bitmap however is being tiled instead of just placing it on the right side of the header. There has to be some flag to stop tiling the bitmap. I have an executable compiled by someone else no longer at...

How To Separate Email Accounts in Outlook
Hi, I created two email accounts in Outlook, one for myself and one for my wife. How do I separate the two so that I download only my mail and my wife downloads only her mail. Any help appreciated. Ron What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will pro...