URL problem?

When I hit start and go to internet, the timer comes on
and then goes off without opening up the web page.  When
I go to tools and click on the  accounts tab, click on
general, the explorer address is gray, locked and set for
mozilla.  I just want to get to internet explorer like I
used to! Help!  I am the administrator of this computer!

Linda
0
anonymous (74723)

I would suggest posting to group, that is relevant for your operating
system.

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin5422 (293)

Copy pasting problem
Hi I have recently connected a standard 102 key PS2 keyboard for easier data input into my laptop. When copy-pasting using the keyboard shortcuts, excel copies the entire page and pastes it as a bitmap image, rather than just the selection and pasting the value or formula. I have to use the mouse to select the cell where i want it copied. I notice that after selecting using Ctrl+C, moving to another cell using the arrow keys deselects the copied cells (no ants marching round the cell:-) Any suggestions? Thanks in advance First, try ctrl-c (lower case c--not ctrl-shift-c). It soun...

Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."
I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment. I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook Security Settings folders. Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings folders and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear. Everything...

weird problem?
I am using Studio.NET 2003 to debug my MFC application. In one of my ..cpp file, when I step thriugh the code and try to watch the variable value in the watch window. It always give me weird info.: ...... int n = 3; m_nCount = n; .... m_nCount is defined in header file. I check the data value in watch window. n=3 is right. But m_nCount give me weird number like "131871684". Why? Change the build configuration from release to debug. -- Vipin Aravind "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1139239823.222462.227440@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >...

Print Problem #4
Hello and thanks for reading my question. I have a large file with multiple worksheets and while setting up the print areas, things started to freak out. While in Page Break Preview, when I try to enlarge the print area, it says "Margins do not fit page size." This is unusual because I can normally adjust this and it just reduces the scale to ~95%. Now it automatically takes it down to 10% and puts in tons of page breaks. I don't know if this makes any sense, but basically it adjusts the size of the paper, not the print area. Does anybody understand what I am talking ...

Office 2003 SP3
Guys, I suspect we have a problem comming from the SP3 of Office 2003. The text import wizzard has some kind of internal logic to dynamically select the File origin (code page). For example: for the 2 txt files below it will chose 2 different code pages: For VED.TXT wizard will choose 1251 Cyrillic (Windows) For VED2.TXT wizard will choose 1254 Turkish (Windows) It is not a problem if user opens the txt file manually - s/he than has the opportunity to specify the code page correctly in case the wizzard has chosen the wrong one. The problem comes when other programs (like our on-line b...

Project server 2007 installation: forms authentication problem
i followed this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197472.aspx I tried to install project server on 2 places. In first place, everything works good, except in the end. When i try to access the PWA using the IP instead of computer name, like mentioned in the end of article, it will prompt me to a windows account, like if it is redirecting to the windows autheticated PWA. on the other place when i loggin using the username and password, it will tell me "you are logged in as.... but "access denied" so i get no PWA site. What could be the source of...

How To Track Clicks from your MS Word Resume using a URL shortener
Like many people with a technical background, I have lots of links in my resume to companies I have worked for and projects I have completed. When I send out a resume I would like to know whether people click on the links in the resume, but normally I can only get stats for sites I control (using Google Analytics Campaign Tracking). By using a URL shortening service I can embed links that are specific to the resume that I sent, and I can track every click on that link from that specific resume. The only problem here is that creating those links is time consuming, especially if yo...

Mailbox problem with AD
After create a mailbox-enable user in AD however even after an hour, I still can't find the mailbox in the mailstore. How come...? -- Portland St. "lamlam" wrote: > After create a mailbox-enable user in AD however even after an hour, I still > can't find the mailbox in the mailstore. How come...? > -- > Portland St. The Mailbox will only show once the user has logged onto Outlook or a mail message is sent to the mailbox. If the acount shows in the Global Address List then you do not have a problem... ...

wire transfer download problems
I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. The receiving bank in Panama took $15 as a service fee and credited my account with $4885. Somehow my US bank now wants to show the amount as $4885 during downloads to my checking account. But some genie reminds Money 2004 that the original amount was $5000 which triggers a discrepancy. As a result, this transaction wants to download each and every time, whether I change, accept, or whatever. Thanks for help. In microsoft.public.money, lanecito wrote: >I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. Th...

print problem
When I select the print icon or file ----print on any message I get the save as dialogue. HELP.... On Tue, 03 May 2005 02:54:31 -1000, DS <darrone.suggs@hhs.gov> wrote: > When I select the print icon or file ----print on any message I get the > save > as dialogue. HELP.... Check and see what printer it's trying to use. You've probably got the Office Image Writer or PDF Creator or something like that selected instead of a regular printer. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook Operations Coordinator Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu http://www.scgab.com ...

OT: Anyone interested in a temp solutions to that ICDBurn problem I reported:
You can bring up the taskbar's properties, enable 'hide inactive icons', select 'customize' on that option, then find the irritating "there are files waiting to be written to the CD" message and set its properties to 'always hide.' Still would prefer a programmatic solution, still looking :). WTH "WTH" <spamsucks@Ih8it.com> wrote in message news:%23%23NJxWksDHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > You can bring up the taskbar's properties, enable 'hide inactive icons', > select 'customize' on that option, then fi...

EPSON POS Receipt Printer TM T88III problem
Hi guys, first post here and hope some of you can help or have experience I just bought a new TM88III thermal receipt printer (serial) and a serial cable from the POS-WAREHOUSE ; i am using RETAIL PLUS 2.0 download/trial version to test out the POS. I have a PC running Win XP. When I was testing the POS, I have no problems of the POS software after a transaction is done, we hit ENTER and it will print out an invoice from our inkjet printer. This mean the POS program is stable. I have gone to download the driver software A301.gk (or something like that) from official EPSON support website a...

Inserting a URL
Hi, I was wondering if Great Plains supports inserting a link into one of the records so the user will be able to look up an Invoice in GP and find a link that will point to some other type of info. So when the user pulls up Invoice Number 123 there will also be a link/URL in one of the fields to http://www.InvoiceInfo123.com Thanks, Andy Andrew, It depends. The italic i icon let's you add links to some records. You may be able to use the Extender product as well. I haven't had time to play with it. The Notes area can be used to attach files or links to files such as Wo...

url
how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000 no way to use the "send to" function?? "Wolfman" <Wolfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:741252C1-4C9B-46DC-A3E6-337D4255A7C1@microsoft.com... > csull, > > Create a new Message and then in the body literally type the url out. > > eg. > > http://www.microsoft.com > > -- > Regards, > Ash. What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu? Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto) sends links, not the attachments. -- Diane Po...

problem with the tabel
hello Here is the problem; I have names in cells B1:M1 and values in B2:M2 In cell N2 i want to see the smallest value and in O2 who has the smallest value thank you --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "gvilms >" <<gvilms.zxd33@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:gvilms.zxd33@excelforum-nospam.com... > hello > > Here is the problem; > I have names in cells B1:M1 > and values in B2:M2 > > In cell N2 i want to see the smallest value and in O2 who has the > smallest value In N2 put =MIN(B2:M2) In N1 put =INDEX(B1:M1,M...

Tab Control flicker problem
Hello. I have a tabcontrol that has four dialogs added to it at runtime. I have overridden OnEraseBackground(returning true) and I am drawing to a memdc in OnPaint. The problem is that when clicking from tab to tab there is still a flicker when one dialog dissapears and the new one appears ..Is there something I am missing.... Dominic Who's OnEraseBackground are you overriding? the dialogs or the tabctrl. Who is the parent of the dialogs, if the parent of the dialogs is not the tab, then pass the pointer to the tab ctrl to the child dialog as the parent window, that should solve your p...

X and Z Report Problem
We are now have setup the entire system and ready to go live but after performing a test we found that the opening, closing and any activities done by the register are not shown in either the x report or the z report, why? When you try to print either one of the reports, the print out showes as if no activity took place and the balance is always 0. After login in to the manager program, we find all the activities by creating a sale report so we know the system is tracking the activities but we still can't get the X and Z reports to show correctly. Anyone has any idea of what is go...

How to set different URLs to IE for nevigating to different sites
I want to open a IE window through a program Then I will open a perticular site say "http://www.yahoo.com" in the same IE window through the same program Then after some time say delay of 1 min I want to open other site say "http://hotmail.com" in the same window throug same program Could you please tell me how to do this Thanks Shr You can use IEs object model to automate it. What you are asking is exposed thru its object model. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Shri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D244A9C8-...

Sending a link chops URL's with Outlook 2007!?#
Whenever I "send link" from a browser, using Outlook 2007, it not only uses plain text formatting, but also chops long URL's with a newline. I want my emails sent with HTML formatting. And if I reply to a plain text email containing a long URL, this gets chopped too! I find this most annoying, as do the message recipients. Is there a way to fix this, or should I just use a better email client like Outlook Express or Thunderbird? Thanks for your help. Outlook does it because the line length for plain text is 76 char (tools, options, mail format tab, international button...

Immediate IIF() problem
I have a string field with 'numeric' values (abbas) and another string field (abbas_sign) that contains the indicator for the value's sign. It contains a 'D' if the first field is a positive number or a 'C' if it is negative. I need to query the table and transform the string values into numeric output depending on the sign. Here is my clause: SELECT Mid(abalc,17,4) AS pt32_acct, IIF([abbas_sign] = 'D',CDec([abbas]), CDec([abbas]) * -1) as Amount FROM faloadCO GROUP BY faloadCO.abalc; I'm receiving a 'Wrong number of arguments' us...

Coding problem
Would someone please show me what is the correct way to code the following so that my AutoFill Destination goes from Cells(27,2) to Cells(27,numberofRows)? ws1.Range("A2").Select numberofRows = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Rows.Count Selection.AutoFill Destination:=ws1.Range("AA2:AA822"), Type:=xlFillDefault Thanks, Jim Berglund So you want to fill down in Column B, based on stuff in Column A? Dim lastrow As Long lastrow = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Range("B2").AutoFill R...

Warning Startup form problem
I recently asked a question about using a form to give a warning msg if an event was happening on the day my db was opened. I believe 'Allen' kindly supplied me with the necessary info and the form works fine if there is an event on that day however if there are no events I get nothing at all and would actually like another form/the switchboard to startup?/ I have tried various if statements to no avail can anyone help please. It would really help to see the code you're using to pop up this warning form. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/pos...

Problems Upgrading CRM 1.2 to CRM 3 SBS
Hi, I'm actualy upgrading a CRM 1.2 server, with SBS 2003 SP1. CRM 1.2 is working fine, but when i try to update to v3 the prerequisite is giving 3 errors and 1 warning. SQL 2000 SP4 is installed SQL Reporting is not yet installed My CRM website is not installed on the default web site The SQL Database is not installed in the default DB but on the same server\CRM ok for Windows Version ok for CRM Users KO for IIS (URL non valide, Host name problem) KO for SQL SERVER (service SQLSERVERAGENT) KO for SQL Reporting Server (server\CRM not available) ok for Active directory ok for CRM Data Ba...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Problem Attaching Notes
Whenever we try to add a note to a purchase order (next to the PO number), we can enter a note, but when we click "Attach," we get a message saying "The note ID has not been set." This is only happening on this particular note screen. Does anyone know how to get rid of this error? We have something similar with Payables Batch IDs' and have found that you have to save the batch prior to adding notes. A bit of a nonsense but it musn't create the note index until you've hit save. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...